St Mirren Are Getting It

DG_HMFC

As it says in the title - this mob are getting it lube-less on Saturday. I expect a backlash from the team, similar to the Dundee Utd game, except they won't score. 4 or 5 nil.

1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

As it says in the title - this mob are getting it lube-less on Saturday. I expect a backlash from the team, similar to the Dundee Utd game, except they won't score. 4 or 5 nil.

Agree.

If not, sack everyone. 

Every game in this league is hard and a potential upset.Until the players drum that into themselves I take nothing for granted.We are a good team but we cannot afford off days.

4 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Yet another chance for Bob to get my team into second spot.

What can possibly go wrong🙄

Positive as ever, I note.

12 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Every game in this league is hard and a potential upset.Until the players drum that into themselves I take nothing for granted.We are a good team but we cannot afford off days.

Great post - sums things up perfectly.  :notworthy:

Can't see it. We seem to not be very comfortable with winning football games.

6 league wins in 14 tell me that.

Can't wait until we get more not fit for purpose 'strikers' in January.

37 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Totally different from the Utd game. St Mirren will sit in and it will be more like the Dundee game. Hopefully we can take our chances when they come and not loose any daft goals

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We destroyed Utd just two games ago with no 'striker.'

We are a good team but just need to show it consistently.

I think Utd coming at us helped though, St Mirren are unlikely to be as bold.

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

We destroyed Utd just two games ago with no 'striker.'

We are a good team but just need to show it consistently.

I think Utd coming at us helped though, St Mirren are unlikely to be as bold.

Nil nil or 1 all is my prediction. We will have more of the ball tho

:yas:

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

I think it will be a different game with them sitting it but let’s get in about them and give them a real doing. 

Bazzas right boot

We need to defend better. 

We're conceding too many goals. 

Bob needs to rein in the all out attack, be more pragmatic and we'll win more games. 😁

A 2-0 win will do me nicely. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bob needs to rein in the all out attack, be more pragmatic and we'll win more games. 😁

We could do with scoring more too, last home game aside.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Score more, lose less. You may be on to something. 

It sounds simple but that's been the problem in most home games this year. 

13 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

To be fair we are unbeaten at home this season. Too many draws though, obviously.

11 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

We are currently top of the ‘home’ table...and only Celtic have a better ‘home’ goal difference.

It’s a problem I don’t overly mind having.

Just now, JamboGraham said:

We are currently top of the ‘home’ table...and only Celtic have a better ‘home’ goal difference.

It’s a problem I don’t overly mind having.

But that's largely based on the last game.

Our home form is not fantastic  

7 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

But that's largely based on the last game.

Our home form is not fantastic  

Last 4 home games we have scored 11 and conceded 3, that’s decent form.

The last 15 of the Dundee game aside I have been pleased with what we are doing at Tynecastle.

5 goals is now the score to beat in every game this season. 

It would be :pleasingao: if St Mirren were the team to be on the receiving end of it. 

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

2 ways to look at stats 

Won 6 failed to win 8

Unbeaten in 12 only lost 2

11 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

2 ways to look at stats 

Won 6 failed to win 8

Unbeaten in 12 only lost 2

6 draws and 0 defeats is as good as 2 wins and 4 defeats. Only difference is the other team only gets a point too. Probably why we are still 3rd. We are a flash in the pan team.

Horatio Caine

Much as we all dislike St Liedown, we need to acknowledge that Goodwin has them well organised and hard to beat.  They have some good players too, notably McGrath and their keeper, Alnwick.  I'd take any win but do not expect a goal fest.

9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I loved how he reined in the all out attack at Aberdeen and Motherwell.

20 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Much as we all dislike St Liedown, we need to acknowledge that Goodwin has them well organised and hard to beat.  They have some good players too, notably McGrath and their keeper, Alnwick.  I'd take any win but do not expect a goal fest.

With all due respect they have scored 1 goal in their last 3 matches and have no wins in their last 5, yes they are well organised and don't concede alot but if we can get an early goal we should be mauling them at home, whether that happens or not will be up to our attacking players but a club like us should be battering them at home, I expect 3-0 minimum, anything else is disappointing imo let's do these pr

1cks!

A_A wehatethehibs

Honestly I was thinking someone was going to get hammered, then we put 5 past DUFC, but then we lost, now it’s become a bit of a question mark for me, where do we go from here? To get 3rd and that coveted group stage European football it will bring we need to put a consistent run of 1-0, 2-0 and 2-1 type wins against teams we are expected to beat together. That doesn’t necessarily mean an unbroken run, just a run in the games we’re expected to win.

Thats the one big thing that Neilson can point to in his career, he’s done that. Needs to to it again now. Put together these runs of 3-4-5 bread and butter wins together. We’ve got Celtic and Rangers in December so the other games, St mirren, Livi, Dundee, Ross co, St Johnstone. Get the bread and butter wins and any result against the old firm a bonus 

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yeah and we need it as celtic park next.

The lube baton will be handed over.

lube baton😂3-0 Hearts.

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

D Utd came to win so lots of space for us to explot.

Liedown will park the bus - and the vast majority of teams struggle against this. 

more bothered we stop letting in sloppy goals - as after that, even a fluky goal = 3 points 

That Motherwell game was a lesson in how to dismantle us. I hope other clubs don't show their players a re-run of the whole game. They bullied us and won countless second balls. Please Hearts, do whatever it takes for that scenario to never repeat itself - especially on our own patch.

loveofthegame

We said the same before Dundee... will take a win, any win. A Dundee Utd style performance would definitely be great though. In hospitality so will be well oiled regardless though!

17 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

We said the same before Dundee... will take a win, any win. A Dundee Utd style performance would definitely be great though. In hospitality so will be well oiled regardless though!

I agree. I'd rather be a bit cautious, verging on pessimistic. Everytime I've been over confident and jumped on the "this could be the week someone gets spanked " train,we've dissapointed. We were wary off

DU, that worked out OK. So I'll go for a scrapy win.

21 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

And then we’ll get it just as bad next Thursday. 

21 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

And then we’ll get it just as bad next Thursday. 

Probably. That's what we've come to expect with Neilson as manager - we are a complete Jekyll and Hyde of a side.

12 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

One of the few clubs whose recent form is worse than ours. Time to turn it on and dish out the elusive "doing"!

Best away record in the league (after Celtic and Rangers). Approach with caution.

On 25/11/2021 at 15:58, Chillidigits said:

That Motherwell game was a lesson in how to dismantle us. I hope other clubs don't show their players a re-run of the whole game. They bullied us and won countless second balls. Please Hearts, do whatever it takes for that scenario to never repeat itself - especially on our own patch.

Agreed and how we respond to that will define  our season.

I love the thread title.

It has a 70's/80's "you're gonna get yer feckin heid kicked in" tone.

That won't happen off the pitch, of course, but hopefully Hearts will terrorise St. Mirren on it, GA style.

:flagwave: