David Templeton retires

Cairneyhill Jambo

A_A wehatethehibs

Loved the wee man. Felt sorry for him when he got pushed out the door for the money, would have had some great years ahead for us and I believe he would have preferred to stay. 

His goal at ER, the best individual goal ever scored in a derby. Some great moments in a Hearts shirt all the best and happy retirement Temps

Was there ever a better run of form from a Hearts player than Temps in 2010?  as far as I remember we went on a long unbeaten run and DT scored regularly. 

14 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Typical Hearts player of the past 15 years. Moments of magic, underperformed a lot and done nowhere near enough when all is said and done.

This is absolutely how it was with “wee Temps”. If folk were honest with themselves and took the Hearts blinkers off then they’d see that. The Templeton revisionism on here is mental.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Good luck to him. Cult hero status forever for the Anfield goal. That spell in autumn in the 10/11 season when he played with Rudi and Kevin Kyle he was magnificent. That was such a fun few months under JJ.

All roads lead to Gorgie

He was a very exciting player to watch when on form and I will always remember the fantastic solo goal he scored at the Lochend echo dome. Temps was similar to Allan Johnston in that he looked good enough to go down south for big bucks when a teen but stalled in his career. 

Good luck to him in the future! 

Loved Temps at Hearts. He's responsible for a scar on my shin after being squashed against seats at Anfield. Won't forget those scenes or the goal down at the flee pit back in 2010. One of the most one sided derbies I have ever attended at that midden. We rogered them 2-0 that day when the score could have been anything. 

Anyway all the best for retirement, should always be welcomed back to Tynecastle. 

21 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Those moments are worth every heartache.

All the best David Templeton and thanks for that moment.

It was a joy

The snide comments about his transfer are from ignorance.

Francis Albert
7 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

Back heel for Stevenson goal vs Celtic. 

The goal against Hibs at ER. Pace, balance, control, composure. 

Yes. One of the best goals I have seen.

23 hours ago, campbell said:

Thanks for the goal but signed for the rangers 3 days after it for money so no loyalty or care for us, career went downhill from that high 

The Club pushed him out - they were desperate for the cash!

Holyrood_Hearts

Ffs people casting up that Rangers move 🤦🏼‍♂️ We needed the money & the club were desperate to sell. 

All the very best to wee Temps. A bit sad actually a guy at 32 needing to retire. 

A very good player for us who could open up defences and score goals. I recently watched his interview with Si Ferry, which is worth a watch. He comes across as a very humble guy and clearly loved his time with us, which was probably the best part of his career. Just sorry that he was not part of the squad for the 2012 cup final. That must have been very hard to take.

joondalupjambo
On 25/11/2021 at 14:13, JJ93 said:

How is he 32!?

Cos he was 31 last year, think that is how it works?😀😀😀👍

Fort Vallance
19 hours ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Ffs people casting up that Rangers move 🤦🏼‍♂️ We needed the money & the club were desperate to sell. 

All the very best to wee Temps. A bit sad actually a guy at 32 needing to retire. 

All the best to him of course. But let's not pretend he wasn't delighted to go to Rangers first chance he got. Named after one of their own and got to play for them. Nothing wrong with that.

Very good player, I wish him all the best. Would take a Temps in his prime at Hearts and put him straight into our team now if I could. 

Two footed, glided past players and a hard worker. Always had the look of an old fashioned winger.  

6 hours ago, stirlo said:

A very good player for us who could open up defences and score goals. I recently watched his interview with Si Ferry, which is worth a watch. He comes across as a very humble guy and clearly loved his time with us, which was probably the best part of his career. Just sorry that he was not part of the squad for the 2012 cup final. That must have been very hard to take.

If he had come on as sub would have been looking at more than five imo.

Felt sorry for him that day.