David Templeton retires

Cairneyhill Jambo

Cairneyhill Jambo

Apologies if posted elsewhere but I see David Templeton has retired at the age of 32. 

He will always be remembered for that goal against Liverpool. 

Wish him best for the future. 

millerjames398

Brilliant player when he was on fire, nearly had to be scraped off the ceiling, in envy nightclub in liverpool when his shot squirmed through reina and into the net, great solo goal down the shitpit against the vermin as well🇱🇻

The season under JJ he was unplayable at times. A joy to watch him. Really thought he would go on to great things. 

Going to Rangers killed his prospects and sadly our owners at the time pushed him into it. 

crying shame that he never made the bench for the 2012 final (Scott Robinson & Denis Prychynenko ahead of him that day). 

Quite gutted to hear that actually can still remember him being a promising talent under JJ. Plus 32 is pretty young to call it a day. Assuming injuries have played a part? 

Great player, and probably would have taken him back when he left Rangers. 

Best of luck to him!!

millerjames398
1 minute ago, andydog said:

The season under JJ he was unplayable at times. A joy to watch him. Really thought he would go on to great things. 

Going to Rangers killed his prospects and sadly our owners at the time pushed him into it. 

crying shame that he never made the bench for the 2012 final (Scott Robinson & Denis Prychynenko ahead of him that day). 

Imagine temps coming off the bench in that final, he'd have been ripping them to shreds, like he was back in the playground😆🇱🇻

Wasn't in Liverpool, didn't even watch on telly but listened to the game on the radio on my own.

I went nuts when we scored. Jumping up and down in the sitting room as I did in the shed back in the day.

Fantastic moment. One of the best in my time.

Happy retirement, Temps.

Great wee player at times

The worst transfer at the worst time in his career really did damage his prospects, but he gave me possibly the most chaotic experience of my hearts supporting life during the celebrations at anfield. Still to this day have no idea who the gentleman was who I caught from the sky and had straddled round me on the deck :lol: 

Footballfirst

Hamilton statement

Hamilton Academical FC can confirm David Templeton has today announced his retirement from professional football.

As a club we would like to thank David for his incredible effort, both on and off the park, across his two spells with us.

We are delighted to confirm David will still play a prominent role in our youth academy as U14s coach.

Club Chairman Allan Maitland said: “David is a model professional who scored some important goals for the club and created many lasting memories for our support.

“As we look to nurture and develop the next wave of talent at the club we are delighted to have him involved, this will allow him to pass on his knowledge and expertise.”

We would like to wish David and his family the very best in the future.

7 minutes ago, campbell said:

Thanks for the goal but signed for the rangers 3 days after it for money so no loyalty or care for us, career went downhill from that high 

Pretty sure we were skint and needed the cash.

1 minute ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Pretty sure we were skint and needed the cash.

He and Ryan McGowan are both on record saying that temps was told by Hearts that either he went to the Huns or heart’s folded. He didn’t want to go.

12 minutes ago, campbell said:

Thanks for the goal but signed for the rangers 3 days after it for money so no loyalty or care for us, career went downhill from that high 

Romanov knew that the goal at Anfield would increase temp's value so.He didn't want to leave but he knew we needed the money.Donated his boots to Hearts so he obviously cared enough to help raise funds.

Dagger Is Back
17 minutes ago, campbell said:

Utter nonsense

His impact when he came into the first team was very exciting.

He was forced out of Hearts so he helped us agreeing to join Rangers. Maybe the difference between liquidation the fee we got. A stable club at the time and he could have had a great Hearts career.

And it would have been ten if he had been picked to come on as a sub at Hampden in 2012. 

Edited by Mikey1874

millerjames398
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

That goal in Liverpool was awesome. One of my best Hearts memories and captured by an official photographer. I bought the photo. 

2024BAFD-CE1E-41B9-A01C-D3C5D6F03EFE.jpeg

Unbridled joy, perfectly captured on a photograph👏🏼🇱🇻

Fozzyonthefence
40 minutes ago, campbell said:

Ill informed shite!

Footballfirst
36 minutes ago, andydog said:

He and Ryan McGowan are both on record saying that temps was told by Hearts that either he went to the Huns or heart’s folded. He didn’t want to go.

I remember Gowser tweeting that he had "kidnapped" Temps on the last day of a transfer window, to prevent him from signing with anyone.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Always loved this one too

That was a fantastic goal, I’m sure they tried to break his leg that day. 

Pasquale for King

A great player for us and earned us a decent fee when we desperately needed it. 
A shame he didn’t go further in the game and that he’s had to retire so early, training and playing on that pitch wouldn’t have done him any favours. 
Good luck to him. 

Only thing topping that goal was the night out at Concert Square.

Particularly enjoyed the DJ putting 500 miles on when he saw all the Scots in the bar before quickly cutting the music when everyone let him know how we all felt about that song.

willie wallace

I also remember him missing a great chance at Ibrox in the opening game of the championship season in the first half.

Always believed he meant to miss😀

No stopping us after that game and the Hibs game the following week.

1 hour ago, campbell said:

Clown 🤡  

1 hour ago, andydog said:

Correct 

He played football for a living, anyone that does that has achieved more than most than most in the game.

Still, with his early potential its hard not to think of his own situation as a disappointment.

All the best in his future, I suspect it will be away from the game.

1 hour ago, campbell said:

My understanding is that Hearts were really keen for him to sign for Rangers as the club was in dire straits financially. I said at the time that it wasn't a good move for Temps and I think that opinion was justified by the way things turned out for him afterwards. 

millerjames398
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I’m right in the middle. 

Are you the guy, who looks a bit like Walter smith doing the double fist pump?😆🇱🇻

millerjames398
Just now, davemclaren said:

🧐   Aye.

Different class mate👍🏼, i was down for the jolly to concert square, didn't try and get a ticket, but watched it on a big screen in a nightclub just down from the square called "envy" a good few other hearts fans were in there as well, ended up in a pile up on the stage infront of the screen, the locals weren't too happy..*******s got the last laugh though🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

2 hours ago, campbell said:

Absolutely embarrassing post, and it just shows that some people make their own fantasy up about anything without even knowing the basic facts. 

Suffered the inconsistency that plagues wingers but on his day he was a handy wee player, seemed an alright wee guy too.

Must be liable for a fair few injuries in the away end at Anfield that night.

Wish him all the best for whatever he decides to do. 

Edited by Chong

4 hours ago, campbell said:

He was forced to go to rangers

Typical Hearts player of the past 15 years. Moments of magic, underperformed a lot and done nowhere near enough when all is said and done.

Edited by i8hibsh

18 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Typical Hearts player of the past 15 years. Moments of magic, underperformed a lot and done nowhere near enough when all is said and done.

You must get a lot of enjoyment from following Hearts. 🤐

10 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

That's a tad unfair. Typical winger though, who's form can vary more than most positions.

Wasn't he left out the 5-1 final because Sergio had issues with him. Could be wrong so don't all attack at once...!

His partnership with Kevin Kyle during that spell with JJ was superb.

All the best David. And thanks for Anfield, I still have the scars.