Your favourite pudding/dessert

Morgan

Homemade double chocolate slab cake 

I used to make it quite often but since my new health regime I haven’t made it. 

Got me thinking….. this weekend I just might 

I also like bread n butter. I know it’s not fancy but I do like it 

highlandjambo3

I like loads of them…..cheesecake is hard to resist but, if your making me choose 1 then I need to go back to a traditional apple crumble and custard…..not just any crumble/custard though as top quality counts in the dessert department,  needs to be M&S or similar……..yummy 👍🙏

Dennis Reynolds

Sticky Toffee Pudding.

Chocolate fudge cake as well but it needs to be a good one. Made well and warm. Bad chocolate fudge cake is awful.

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I thought that was a sexual request?

🧐

😂

Strawberries and ice cream, hot chocolate pudding and ice cream and I’ve got to agree cheesecake is delicious. 

Konrad von Carstein

Not that into puddings, prefer a cheeseboard, however, when I was a bairn school dinners often had something called  Swedish Apple Charlotte and another called caramel tart (millionaires shortbread in today's money)with custard, went mental for those... Nowadays STP with custard and/or vanilla ice cream or any crumble with the same accompaniment.

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

Eve’s pudding - love it (M&S do a great one)

sticky toffee pudding and Mackies vanilla ice cream

creme brulee (but there’s never enough of it)

blackberry and apple home made crumble and mackies vanilla ice cream

All the above followed by cheese and biscuits with red grapes.  Heaven

rudi must stay

A sticky toffee pudding. One of the big ones from Sainsbury's not the small ones, they're small and you put them in the microwave for 40 seconds and they burn your tongue 

2 hours ago, otterjohn said:

Apple Strudel from German Market with Black Forest Cream

is that a warm Apple Strudel by chance?

:kirk:

Edited by Angry Haggis

Maroon Sailor
36 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Apple Crumble with custard. 

Not a massive fan of desserts but if that's on the menu I'll go for it 

2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Not that into puddings, prefer a cheeseboard, however, when I was a bairn school dinners often had something called  Swedish Apple Charlotte and another called caramel tart (millionaires shortbread in today's money)with custard, went mental for those... Nowadays STP with custard and/or vanilla ice cream or any crumble with the same accompaniment.

I always wondered what that was called. Had it in wee trifle trays. Loved the caramel tart. Used to get one big jug of custard per table. 

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

That's the two I remember from school.

The custard was in a clear plastic jug with the skin on top, which nobody wanted 😆

Swedish Apple Charlotte - Cornflakes on cream on mashed apples

1 hour ago, Angry Haggis said:

is that a warm Apple Strudel by chance?

:kirk:

It is .To be honest I haven't managed to get to the market yet but going on Saturday before and after the game so I'm just going on the markets previous visits.

If you try it let me know what you think.

Konrad von Carstein
19 minutes ago, Pap said:

I always wondered what that was called. Had it in wee trifle trays. Loved the caramel tart. Used to get one big jug of custard per table. 

We had servers at each table P7's who dished it out of big green bowls...funny what sticks in your head all those years later..

Konrad von Carstein
15 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The custard was in a clear plastic jug with the skin on top, which nobody wanted 😆

I'd forgotten about the skin on the custard...Cheers

:tlj:

Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

We had servers at each table P7's who dished it out of big green bowls...funny what sticks in your head all those years later..

Same. Then around when i was in P5, my school (Gilmerton) it changed to a proper cafeteria.

58 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

It is .To be honest I haven't managed to get to the market yet but going on Saturday before and after the game so I'm just going on the markets previous visits.

If you try it let me know what you think.

Rodger - it sounds amazing. 

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

A sticky toffee pudding. One of the big ones from Sainsbury's not the small ones, they're small and you put them in the microwave for 40 seconds and they burn your tongue 

Definitely the best of the supermarket versions (Taste the Difference).   👍

Cheesecake can be delicious (if its creamy & fruity), or plain dull (if its just cheesy).  Artisan at Brunstfield do brilliant ones, loads of different flavours too.  Sorocha in Bo'ness & Falkirk is good too.

Sometimes a good old jam sponge with drizzled single cream just hits the spot.

I’m a big dessert fan but if push comes to shove it has to be Apple strudel with good vanilla ice cream. More cinnamon the better. 

Edited by Tazio

Apple and pear crumble made by my own fair hand. The tartness of the pear offsets the sweetnesss of the apple and add some cinnamon then custard or cream and pig out!

I had a pistachio and lemon cake a few days ago which was really nice.  I also recall stopping at an ice-cream place in Stockholm a few years ago and having a cone which combined salt caramel and salt liquorice ice-creams.  It was utterly fantastic, but you don't seem to get a lot of salt liquorice ice-cream outside Scandinavia.

In the more everyday run of things, Mme. U has quite a talent for desserts - so basically anything she makes works for me. :laugh:

9 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Same here, I actually tried making SAC once from memory, was OK but not as nice as the school stuff. There must've been loads of schools in Edinburgh with identical menus back in the day. Doughnut and jam sauce was probably 3rd favourite dessert at our primary.

At our primary a P7 "server" would go to the hatch and get a tray with food for 8 people and then serve 7 younger kids by dividing it out. With certain meals you could skim a fraction off each portion and end up with a massive helping for yourself. I remember once nobody else wanted cabbage (veggies were very much the devil's work to a kid in those days) so I got the whole tray of 8 servings to myself. **** knows how or why I managed to eat it all myself.

Back on topic - rhubarb crumble and custard for me, with an honourable mention for a proper cheesecake.

highlandjambo3
14 hours ago, Victorian said:

Strawbs or rasps and cream or ice cream.  Apple pie and cream.  Steamed puddin'.  Rhubarb tart. 

Your only allowed to pick one…….thems the rules.

2 hours ago, otterjohn said:

What about those cakes with a base of shortbread with jam then coconut sprinkled on top.

One of my favourite school dinner puddings. That and the the one with the caramel and chocolate sprinkles, or the stuff with syrupy cornflakes on top. All with custard, of course.

rudi must stay
43 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I make my own sticky toffee pudding. Much better than anything out of a supermarket.

Nice and, er, moist.

Send a picture 

rudi must stay
10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Will do so on Christmas Day!

Ah good

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Arctic Roll. Could eat whole one in single sitting.

Divina McCall does arctic rolls 

Konrad von Carstein
5 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Same here, I actually tried making SAC once from memory, was OK but not as nice as the school stuff. There must've been loads of schools in Edinburgh with identical menus back in the day. Doughnut and jam sauce was probably 3rd favourite dessert at our primary.

At our primary a P7 "server" would go to the hatch and get a tray with food for 8 people and then serve 7 younger kids by dividing it out. With certain meals you could skim a fraction off each portion and end up with a massive helping for yourself. I remember once nobody else wanted cabbage (veggies were very much the devil's work to a kid in those days) so I got the whole tray of 8 servings to myself. **** knows how or why I managed to eat it all myself.

Back on topic - rhubarb crumble and custard for me, with an honourable mention for a proper cheesecake.

I hated that, doughnut with a vile red sauce.

Your school had the same set up as mine... Craiglockhart.

2 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

One of my favourite school dinner puddings. That and the the one with the caramel and chocolate sprinkles, or the stuff with syrupy cornflakes on top. All with custard, of course.

Did your school make chocolate custard