• Tazio

• Konrad von Carstein

• milky_26

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Byyy The Light
On 23/11/2021 at 20:42, joondalupjambo said:

Egg in cup with soldiers.

Knob of butter, salt and pepper in bottom of cup.  Add three or four chopped boiled eggs, slightly runny, stir, bit more salt, stir again.

Use soldiers to dip in cup as required.

My gran used to make something similar for me and my mum used to make it for me when I was recovering from illness. Not with soldiers though. Cut the crusts of some bread and tear it up and mix it in.

Love eggs all ways. Poached bottom of the pile. 

joondalupjambo

Time to come clean.  We have two chooks so we get, usually two eggs every single day from them.  Eggs, eggs and more eggs!!  We live in a normal run of the mill hoose next to a main road but are lucky enough to have a small area with a coop and run that is self enclosed and safe for them.   Lot's of work though, as hard as having a dog as the wee beggars need constant care and attention.  

On 23/11/2021 at 23:19, RS86 said:

Love eggs. Fantastic nutritional source. Was doing 10 boiled a day at one point though, got a bit much fairly quickly

coolhed.jpg

On 24/11/2021 at 00:42, Tazio said:

Too fussy. Cook them classic French style. Melt a knob of butter in a pan. When it’s foaming add two unbroken eggs, no whisking. Stir them continually with a wooden spoon until they’re totally broken up. Keep stirring. When they’re starting to look a bit cooked, take them off the heat. This is when you add salt and pepper as salt toughens the eggs if you put it in early. Also another knob of butter . Back onto heat and keep stirring until they’re the right texture and cooked.  
This way they’re a lot smoother and less lumpy. Also very rich and luxurious tasting. It’s all about the hard stirring. 

Tried this for today’s breakfast.Tremendous !

15 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I must admit that I can clear a room with one of my bahooky blasts.

F950A401-6A30-4C18-9E9A-1F2FE8FC6B3D.gif

Well However started the thread has got me  into bad habits . I had two poached eggs on toast yesterday then had French toast last night . Both lovely but I’m trying to stay off eating 🍞 it’s bad for diets. ,   But I enjoyed ! 

11 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I think this still covers you. 

FB_IMG_1566678702328.jpg

Oh there’s a few on this I regularly get called out on my grammar , spelling and just Mumbo  jumbo I write . Maybe I’m an undisguised dyslexic ? 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Well However started the thread has got me  into bad habits . I had two poached eggs on toast yesterday then had French toast last night . Both lovely but I’m trying to stay off eating 🍞 it’s bad for diets. ,   But I enjoyed ! 

Why is bread bad for diets? As with most things eating too much is bad for diets, not the bread itself.

Spitonastranger
13 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Organic in this house, for that very reason...caged or barn chicken farming should be banned...

Thanks for the reply, but even organic eggs have a massive impact including the male chicks born who are instantly dispatched. 

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Thanks for the reply, but even organic eggs have a massive impact including the male chicks born who are instantly dispatched. 

I had forgotten about that to be honest :(

They could be fed up and sold as Capons (I think that's castrated males) still not great for them but better than the current outcome.

Spitonastranger
19 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Anyone eating meat/animal products (myself included) needs to understand that they are eating a once living product and that there are plenty of things that we would rather turn our heads away from going on in the industry.

I've seen and helped in the slaughter of animals before eating, and have no issue with it. However, I always get a wee laugh at folk who 'couldn't bare to harm an animal' and then happily chow down on a KFC or steak. My mother's the worst for this - "I'm glad they don't like animals once they are on the shelf" :( 

Fair play to the vegans who go all in. 

Thanks for the considered response, still makes me sad that people ignore the issues around what they eat 😔

Spitonastranger
48 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

I had forgotten about that to be honest :(

They could be fed up and sold as Capons (I think that's castrated males) still not great for them but better than the current outcome.

Again thanks for the response, at least you are aware of the issues 

22 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Try Gordon Ramsays scrambled eggs. Orgasmic! 
Dinny burn the toast though!

Did this at lunchtime even nipping out just to get some Creme fraiche; a bit of a revelation I have to say.

Pretty embarrassed at how I used to make them 😄

Acid test now is to see if our 3 year old goes for the new method or prefers the lumpy and dry scrambled eggs she used to get.