Car door help

Naisys Tackle

Naisys Tackle

Alright guys problem with the motor.  My (drivers side) door won’t open and the window isn’t working either from outside and inside.  It’s like the doors not responding to the key or obviously the indoor functions.  Any ideas please? 

Naisys Tackle

Nah the key isn’t helping the lock pop up to open the door. It’s actually opening and locking the rest of the car but just not my door. 

I had a very similar problem at the start of the year.  It was the actuator arm within the door either broken or bent or sticking - I had the opposite problem, in so much as I couldn't lock the driver door with the key fob, although I was able to lock it using the physical key after locking the other doors via the key fob.  £200  bill from the garage to replace an actuator arm. 

I think you need proper tools to take the inside of the door off, without buggering up the electronics and wires - way beyond my capability.   Hope you get it sorted ok. 👍

Edited by Lone Striker

Sounds very much that you’ve lost all power to the door if you’re missing door locking and the window. Hopefully it will be an issue inside the door and not further down the loom back to the engine bay. 

27 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I had a very similar problem at the start of the year.  It was the actuator arm within the door either broken or bent or sticking - I had the opposite problem, in so much as I couldn't lock the driver door with the key fob, although I was able to lock it using the physical key after locking the other doors via the key fob.  £200  bill from the garage to replace an actuator arm. 

I think you need proper tools to take the inside of the door off, without buggering up the electronics and wires - way beyond my capability.   Hope you get it sorted ok. 👍

Nah. It'll be held in with clips and will just pop off. Don't think you'd need anything else beyond a socket set for anything in there and even then that's probably only for a door mirror.

17 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Alright guys problem with the motor.  My (drivers side) door won’t open and the window isn’t working either from outside and inside.  It’s like the doors not responding to the key or obviously the indoor functions.  Any ideas please? 

Check car battery is up to a decent charge, if low can effect electrics.