Arbroath

Bazzas right boot

7 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Probably can't make it to the top of the table but I fancy Partick to go on a bit of a run. Best GD in the division after Arbroath and 1-2 games in hand over everyone else. Should at least make the playoffs, if not second or third.

IIRC, that's exactly what they done last season too? Weren't they sort of under the radar for quite a bit of the season before going on a run and capitalising on other teams mistakes to win the title? Not a bad time to go on a run. Take that into the playoffs and anything can happen.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Locky

• Canscot

• Hmfc1965

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Locky said:

IIRC, that's exactly what they done last season too? Weren't they sort of under the radar for quite a bit of the season before going on a run and capitalising on other teams mistakes to win the title? Not a bad time to go on a run. Take that into the playoffs and anything can happen.

I tipped Patrick to win the league, but you're probably right-Killie will wi it. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I tipped Patrick to win the league, but you're probably right-Killie will wi it. 

Think Partick are just a bit too far behind to win it but I certainly wouldn't rule them out of the play-offs. Much prefer it when 2 go up and down. As long as its Dundee and County who go down I'll be happy. Killie probably the only team I don't want to come up but wouldn't be too arsed if they do.

10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Came back from a goal down away at Raith yesterday to win 2-1.

Big Dick will have to admit it sooner or later that they are on for promotion, it's a real possibility. 

Be unbelievable if they won the bloody thing. 

Killie as well if that happened 🤣

20220117_003059.jpg

3 hours ago, Locky said:

Think Partick are just a bit too far behind to win it but I certainly wouldn't rule them out of the play-offs. Much prefer it when 2 go up and down. As long as its Dundee and County who go down I'll be happy. Killie probably the only team I don't want to come up but wouldn't be too arsed if they do.

Dundee and St. Mirren down through the trap door for me.

Hamilton are the only team I don't want to see in the top tier of those with any reasonable shot. I suppose some might say it's not a good look to have a part time team get promotion but it would be some achievement if Arbroath did manage it.

It would be a fairy tale really. I hope they manage it if even it is only for one season. What a great thing for their fans. (All 50 of them)😉

SomethingAboutObua
4 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Hamilton are the only team I don't want to see in the top tier of those with any reasonable shot. I suppose some might say it's not a good look to have a part time team get promotion but it would be some achievement if Arbroath did manage it.

Agree on Accies

I used to think the same on no part time teams but the Danish league has it with Copenhagen, Brondby and Midtjylland all still competing at europa league level. Plus if Arbroath come up it'll hopefully have a similar effect as the LL/HL into spooking our survival only teams like Accies into trying better than just aiming for 10th every year

Arbroath are a great story this season.   Who knows where they will finish but to be in the mix more than halfway through season is a great achievement.  This is what football is all about.

Would be good to see Arbroath in the premiership I have a feeling thought Kilmarnock will bring in a few players before the window ends what will give them enough to win the league and Inverness may win the play off, As long as Dundee go down and Livingston. 

Fozzyonthefence
33 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Arbroath are a great story this season.   Who knows where they will finish but to be in the mix more than halfway through season is a great achievement.  This is what football is all about.

If Arbroath win the league, Dick Campbell simply has to be manager of the year.  But this is Scottish football - the manager of Rangers or Celtic (whoever wins the league) will still win manager of the year even though they have by far the greatest resources and only have to finish in front of one team. 

24 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If Arbroath win the league, Dick Campbell simply has to be manager of the year.  But this is Scottish football - the manager of Rangers or Celtic (whoever wins the league) will still win manager of the year even though they have by far the greatest resources and only have to finish in front of one team. 

Isn't things like manager of the season etc picked half way through the season rather than at the end like it should.

14 hours ago, TorinoJambo said:

The Penicuik Hearts tipple in them days was Spring Grove, William Low special fortified wine. You could de-rust metal with it.

👍, i worked in lows corstorphine from 1975 to 1977 , while still at school.

8 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Dundee and St. Mirren down through the trap door for me.

I didn't actually realise that Partick have 2 games in hand which if they win, would put them just 2 behind Arbroath! 

Yeah it's funny because I remember when Accies came up in 2008, I was pretty happy about it as it was a total new face in the league for me. Wonder if Arbroath would just become the new Accies if they somehow come up and just shithouse their way to survival every year. :lol: That said, Arbroath at least has the redeeming feature of being what looks like a decent away day.

3 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

They are a great story and I do hope they win it outright. My fear is that they will need to become full time, pay bigger salaries, employ far more people due to becoming full time and will likely be the whipping boys and be relegated with huge debts trying to stay up. 

I wish them all the best but it's hard to see how they can stay up if they won the league this season without getting into all sorts of trouble financially.

That said, some smaller teams like Ross County and hibs have done it.

6 minutes ago, Locky said:

I didn't actually realise that Partick have 2 games in hand which if they win, would put them just 2 behind Arbroath! 

Yeah it's funny because I remember when Accies came up in 2008, I was pretty happy about it as it was a total new face in the league for me. Wonder if Arbroath would just become the new Accies if they somehow come up and just shithouse their way to survival every year. :lol: That said, Arbroath at least has the redeeming feature of being what looks like a decent away day.

You still need to skirt round the shitehole that is Dundee on your way there though.

Brick Tamland
2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if the still gave it to Gerrard given how far up his arsehole the media were. 
Back on topic, would love to see Arbroath promoted and Killin not. 

11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

You still need to skirt round the shitehole that is Dundee on your way there though.

I've got a 100% record of watching Hearts win in Dundee, so that doesn't faze me. :jjyay: 

12 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Have they got a plastic pitch?

Livi go down, Raith Arbroath up and vote for no plastic pitches again in the Prem'. 

No they have a grass pitch but no undersoil heating .but with their pitch almost in the North sea it rarely freezes.

Naisys Tackle
9 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

No they have a grass pitch but no undersoil heating .but with their pitch almost in the North sea it rarely freezes.

Thanks!  Get them up then. 

1 hour ago, Rockwell said:

Just the poor unfortunates standing on the terracing that freeze...........😄

1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Livi go down, Raith Arbroath up and vote for no plastic pitches again in the Prem'. 

Haven't Raith got a plastic pitch?

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😂😂

I see Wighton can't even get a start for them although he was on the bench.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I see Wighton can't even get a start for them although he was on the bench.

I think he Litterally just joined them again. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I think he Litterally just joined them again. 

Because he wasn't getting a game for Dunfermline? 

46 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Haven't Raith got a plastic pitch?

Duno but their behaviour during the curtailed season fiasco was disgraceful so they can rot.  Shame cos used to have wee soft spot for them.  As I say though.... rot.

Would love Partick and ICT up (thinking Arbroath unlikely, but that'd be braw if they can come up too).   Killie can eff off purely for their plazzy pitch (and McInnes actually - eff him).  

Happy for any or all of Dundee, Ross Co, St Mirren or Livvi to go down, probably just about in that order, Ross Co n St M a tie maybe.  Be smashing if they all went down.  Probably will if Rangers and Celtic decide to have colt teams in the prem.

Edited by TheBigO

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Because he wasn't getting a game for Dunfermline? 

Think so. 

Where would Arbroath play Home games if they win The Championship and accept entrance into the SPL?

Good luck to them and Dick

Edited by Factuer Moi

4 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I think Raith is plastic. It looked that way as I watch them play Arbroath the other day. Could be wrong though. 

4 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

Where would Arbroath play Home games if they win The Championship and accept entrance into the SPL?

Good luck to them and Dick

I really hope that if Arbroath do come up that they are allowed to play their home games at Gayfield.

7 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I really hope that if Arbroath do come up that they are allowed to play their home games at Gayfield.

Capacity: 6,600 (861 seated)
Not going to happen

23 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:
Not going to happen

I think that you are correct, however it's ridiculous that clubs like Arbroath have a disincentive to get to the premiership. They should be allowed to play their games at home. 

26 minutes ago, Factuer Moi said:
Not going to happen

Hopefully be given 2 years grace, by which time they would be back down to the championship 

Edited by jbee647

2 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

I think that you are correct, however it's ridiculous that clubs like Arbroath have a disincentive to get to the premiership. They should be allowed to play their games at home. 

2 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Hopefully be given 2 years grace, by which time they would be back down to the championship 

Can't see it, Arbroath may not want to accept SPL entrance.

What ground could they share if they were to be promoted to the SPL

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Factuer Moi said:

Can't see it, Arbroath may not want to accept SPL entrance.

What ground could they share if they were to be promoted to the SPL

Dundee grounds are close. 

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Dundee grounds are close. 

Is there a conflict of interests if Dundee or Utd are in the SPL at the same time ?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Factuer Moi said:

Is there a conflict of interests if Dundee or Utd are in the SPL at the same time ?

Dunno, Gretna shared at well and ICT at Aberdeen iirc. 

I don't think they'll play at the same time. 😉

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Dunno, Gretna shared at well and ICT at Aberdeen iirc. 

I don't think they'll play at the same time. 😉

Depending on what ground they would use in Dundee, so you answered the question , maybe they would be able to groundshare.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Bazzas right boot

Big game the night. 

Win this and even big Dick will need to admit they are up for promotion. 

it's some bloody league this season.

Any of the top 5 can win it

and any of the bottom 5 can finish bottom

never seen antything as tight at either end.

Niemi’s gloves
28 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Away the Red Lichties!!

Love to see it.

It’s live on the BBC Scotland channel at 7.30, and normally also on the BBC website (at least in the UK) via the Scottish football section