Arbroath

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

To be fair though I am pretty sure no one really expected Gayfield to be part of the equation when that particular deal was signed!!! Doesn't change it though, that's the rules, good luck to them!

Gretna got up without a stadium at all. 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Rick James

• Canscot

• Fort Vallance

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Before the SPL and SFL merger. They could have used Raydale Park under the current rules.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

Before the SPL and SFL merger. They could have used Raydale Park under the current rules.

Aye, was a stupid rule. 

35 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What were the circumstances surrounding that? Where were they playing the year they won promotion?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Canscot said:

What were the circumstances surrounding that? Where were they playing the year they won promotion?

Dunno but I think they played at Aberdeen on promotion. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bit far to travel that is it no?

It was motherwell they played at.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Inverness played in Aberdeen for a season when they got promoted years ago gretna played in Motherwell

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, Rockwell said:

Inverness played in Aberdeen for a season when they got promoted years ago gretna played in Motherwell

Ahh, that's the one. 

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Rockwell said:

They beat us there at the end of one season, might even have been their last ever game.

will-i-am-a-jambo
1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

They beat us there at the end of one season, might even have been their last ever game.

Correct, l was there. Hearts played a very young Ryan McGowan as a holding midfielder l seem to recall. He played quite well l thought, the rest of the team not so much!

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Correct, l was there. Hearts played a very young Ryan McGowan as a holding midfielder l seem to recall. He played quite well l thought, the rest of the team not so much!

And Gary Glen sent off for something stupid

11 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Was similar debate with Ayr United a few seasons ago when they were top around this time of year.

Part of the merger deal between the SPL and SFL was that the minimum seat rule was removed, there is no minimum. Also standing areas can be used in the top fight provided they have a valid safety certificate. Arbroath would be able to play in the top flight without making any ground alterations.

Would be good if they keep the league form up and come up, It will be a  bit refreshing instead of seeing the same clubs bounce from the premiership to championship. 

9 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Remember Gretna had a game mid week v Inverness in Motherwell and the attendance was something like 430. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

If Gayfield is good enough for the championship and cup ties , it’s passed safe by the council, police and H&S then it should be good enough for the premiership . In fact a small crowd would be easy for the police to manage . 

That said I will never be able to take to D Campbell and his “ patter” 😡

Remember Hearts getting ripped for struggling at Arbroath last season.  They are again proving what a tough well run club they are.  Would be some feat if they could got promoted.  We are so versed in all things OF but this is what Scottish football is all about.  

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Remember Gretna had a game mid week v Inverness in Motherwell and the attendance was something like 430. 

It was another sensible decision by the leaders of our game. 

They truely have ****ed up everything they could in last 20 odd years. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

It was another sensible decision by the leaders of our game. 

They truely have ****ed up everything they could in last 20 odd years. 

I remember when I was wee Falkirk and Clyde couldn't come up because there stadiums never held 10k, What looking back now sounds crazy 10k seats to get into the SPL. I think they then reduced it to 6K 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

I remember when I was wee Falkirk and Clyde couldn't come up because there stadiums never held 10k, What looking back now sounds crazy 10k seats to get into the SPL. I think they then reduced it to 6K 

Yip, it was ridiculous. 

They really are just a big **** up. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, it was ridiculous. 

They really are just a big **** up. 

The best thing they have done is have the pyramid into the Highland and Lowland leagues, Far to many teams have enjoyed sitting around league 2 and the bottom of league 1. The play off two legs between league winners then 2 legs v 10th in league 2 is a bit much, But I can see in the next 10 years a good number of teams dropping out the football league like Cowdenbeath and Elgin. I wouldn't be surprised if Bonnyrigg came up through the leagues like Cove are doing now and what Kelty Hearts will end up doing. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

The best thing they have done is have the pyramid into the Highland and Lowland leagues, Far to many teams have enjoyed sitting around league 2 and the bottom of league 1. The play off two legs between league winners then 2 legs v 10th in league 2 is a bit much, But I can see in the next 10 years a good number of teams dropping out the football league like Cowdenbeath and Elgin. I wouldn't be surprised if Bonnyrigg came up through the leagues like Cove are doing now and what Kelty Hearts will end up doing. 

Yeah-agreed, but that was about 40 years too late, but they got there! 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Won 3-0 at Dunfermline today. 

5 clear of Killie. 

:jambobanana:

Must have a decent goalkeeper and loads of luck.

Doctor FinnBarr
6 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Why must they have a decent keeper and loads of luck? Not watched them play but my guess is their a pretty decent team.

5 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Why must they have a decent keeper and loads of luck? Not watched them play but my guess is their a pretty decent team.

yep they have the highest goals scored and second lowest goal conceded (14v13)

ShortmanRossco
14 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Not necessarily. It's their centre half that is a super player Tam O'Brien. He's one of those weird anomalies where he's more well off playing part time and retaining his job, a bit like Rory McAllister used to be for Peterhead. 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Folk don't do sarcasm well on here....:HeartsManspotrun:

14 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

4 minutes ago, ShortmanRossco said:

Not necessarily. It's their centre half that is a super player Tam O'Brien. He's one of those weird anomalies where he's more well off playing part time and retaining his job, a bit like Rory McAllister used to be for Peterhead. 

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Don’t bite!

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ken.

My post was for you because I knew you had the mental capacity to deduce the subtlety of it  🤓

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Ken.

My post was for you because I knew you had the mental capacity to deduce the subtlety of it  🤓

That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me on here!

ShortmanRossco
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Oh. Excellent patter. 

Am I doing it right now? 

Be interesting to see what happens to their loan players, and if they're recalled by parent clubs.  They might be in trouble because of how well they've been doing! 

I hope they get promoted, stay part time, spend a season getting done all over the top tier and enjoying the f—- out of it and singing the whole way through, then giving their players a big bonus and redoing the stands and the team rooms.

Just for the joy of it.

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Feck Arbroath!

Now now, lovely wee team, great social club , got wasted in there on the final game when we got promoted from

the old 1st division, bannon winner, 1-0 Hearts, 

Had concorde wine that day ha ha, 

Edited by Harry Potter

part_time_jambo
On 20/11/2021 at 22:09, Robbies Tackle said:

James Anderson to the rescue? 

Isn't it great how everyone has an opinion on how Mr Anderson should spend his money.

14 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

13 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Ken.

What a real meeting of minds :rofl:

Fort Vallance
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Now now, lovely wee team, great social club , got wasted in there on the final game when we got promoted from

I'm afraid the social club hasn't been there for about 20 years. Still plenty of pubs to sample though. Not sure about Concorde but wouldn't surprise me. Remember to set your watch back 30 years as you come under the bridge.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, part_time_jambo said:

Isn't it great how everyone has an opinion on how Mr Anderson should spend his money.

Yep. It’s fantastic. 

On 19/12/2021 at 21:49, Smith's right boot said:

That was ICT that played there at one point if i recall correctly. Aberdeen who were saved from relegation by the rule funnily enough

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, sadj said:

That was ICT that played there at one point if i recall correctly. Aberdeen who were saved from relegation by the rule funnily enough

Yeah. 

Folk mention that, Gretna played at Motherwell. 

• 3 weeks later...
Bazzas right boot

Came back from a goal down away at Raith yesterday to win 2-1.

Big Dick will have to admit it sooner or later that they are on for promotion, it's a real possibility. 

Be unbelievable if they won the bloody thing. 

Killie as well if that happened 🤣

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Came back from a goal down away at Raith yesterday to win 2-1.

Big Dick will have to admit it sooner or later that they are on for promotion, it's a real possibility. 

Be unbelievable if they won the bloody thing. 

Killie as well if that happened 🤣

Wighton got a great loan move to them

2 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

Do they still walk round at half-time with about eight folk holding a bed sheet for you to throw coins in.

No

I remember Arbroath.

One for the more mature of us who can remember their Easter Road visit of 1977.

To say nothing of Christmas Eve.

Edited by martoon

On 27/12/2021 at 08:53, Harry Potter said:

The Penicuik Hearts tipple in them days was Spring Grove, William Low special fortified wine. You could de-rust metal with it.

Big win for them yesterday after dropping points in their previous 2, but sadly don't think they'll go all the way. Think Killie will go on a bit of a run under McInnes. Hope I'm wrong though.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Big win for them yesterday after dropping points in their previous 2, but sadly don't think they'll go all the way. Think Killie will go on a bit of a run under McInnes. Hope I'm wrong though.

Probably can't make it to the top of the table but I fancy Partick to go on a bit of a run. Best GD in the division after Arbroath and 1-2 games in hand over everyone else. Should at least make the playoffs, if not second or third.