Neilson and the plan B

Scott Leitch

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

She’s still got the ultimate say on whether the manager is sacked, and every other decision if she so chooses, unfortunately. 

I would like to disagree with that. Ok she has the Chair on the Hearts Board but these other board members have to listen to the fans and who knows if Savage and McKinley are seeing what is going wrong with the management of the team. I hope they do for all our sakes.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• JimmyCant

4 hours ago, sirwalter said:

Please define "significant" and provide details of your sampling methodology.

You just need to read kickback and/or go to games and listen to people talking about Hearts to know there are ‘significant’ numbers who dont trust him/don’t think he is up to the job/plain don’t like him/ would rather we had a different manager. Apply your own definition of significant. My definition would be anywhere around 25% or above and in my opinion it’s way above that sort of level.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I would like to disagree with that. Ok she has the Chair on the Hearts Board but these other board members have to listen to the fans and who knows if Savage and McKinley are seeing what is going wrong with the management of the team. I hope they do for all our sakes.

All the other board members that she hand picked? She still has the final  say on anything that happens at the club, McKinley is a invisible puppet who  won’t rock any boats or fall out with anyone. 
Savage might well be of the opinion that the management isn’t up to the job, how he persuades those in charge of that is another thing altogether. 

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

All the other board members that she hand picked? She still has the final  say on anything that happens at the club, McKinley is a invisible puppet who  won’t rock any boats or fall out with anyone. 
Savage might well be of the opinion that the management isn’t up to the job, how he persuades those in charge of that is another thing altogether. 

Complete nonsense as per usual to fit your agenda.

55 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You just need to read kickback and/or go to games and listen to people talking about Hearts to know there are ‘significant’ numbers who dont trust him/don’t think he is up to the job/plain don’t like him/ would rather we had a different manager. Apply your own definition of significant. My definition would be anywhere around 25% or above and in my opinion it’s way above that sort of level.

In your opinion...opinion is the life blood of this sort of forum but never to be confused with fact or valid and reliable statistical information. In my opinion Robbie is doing well and in yours, apparently, he is not. Neither of us is unique in holding our respective opinions but that is as far as it goes. I believe' however, that the facts at present available with regard to Hearts' results under Robbie's management support a positive view - although that's an opinion and not one I expect you to share. 

4 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You know there has been next to nothing on here disagreeing compared with my posts regarding Neilson. The feedback I have had on Facebook, Twitter, fellow Jambos and mates/family have been agreeing that Neilson isn’t up to the job and should go . Now that Ann Budge is no longer owner of Hearts all we can hope for is that the Board, CEO, JS & FOH can come together and find a management team that can take Hearts FC forward by playing attractive attacking football while challenging for honours.

We all felt this , or a lot of us , surely the board can see that he's went as far as he can?  Its time for someone to come in with , good ideas , bottle and an eye for a player, the fans are here, we got the stadium" tynecastle could be a fortress once again    with the right people in.....

13 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

We all felt this , or a lot of us , surely the board can see that he's went as far as he can?  Its time for someone to come in with , good ideas , bottle and an eye for a player, the fans are here, we got the stadium" tynecastle could be a fortress once again    with the right people in.....

Maybe give Pep a call? 🤭

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Kickback is far from reflective of the views of the wider Hearts support as has been proven many times. 
25% (if you are correct with your supposition) is statistically significant but only represents 1/4 of the fan base, hardly an endorsement for change.  Half of the 75% need to change their minds before there is a decent majority in favour of change. That’s quite a shift required. 

19 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Who? 

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Maybe give Pep a call? 🤭

Not the worst idea. Maybe he’d know of an up and coming manager/coach ready for a bigger job ?

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I dont believe Anderson will stand by and support what he believes to be poor decisions.
Not sure where all these Savage doesn’t rate Neilson stories are coming from but there doesn’t appear to be anything concrete in them. Players seem to enjoy training, lots of 1:1 coaching from Elbows and Naisy is very popular as well. Neilson does 1:1 sessions with some of the younger players. Lots of our players are having the times of their lives at the moment, playing at the highest level in their careers Gordon(Scotland) Soutar, Cochrane, Devlin, Beni, Ginelly for starters. 

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Kickback is far from reflective of the views of the wider Hearts support as has been proven many times. 
25% (if you are correct with your supposition) is statistically significant but only represents 1/4 of the fan base, hardly an endorsement for change.  Half of the 75% need to change their minds before there is a decent majority in favour of change. That’s quite a shift required. 

Doesn’t matter what the percentage actually is when you have a manager who only needs to point to the league table to win the argument, which doesn’t take account of how much better the table would look had we not spilled points here there and everywhere, but no matter, he’s not getting sacked anytime soon. He wasn’t sacked in the summer and he wasn’t sacked after Brora. He’s not going to be sacked sitting 3rd in the table, even if there is a very good argument that we should be top.

At the very least I hope we think very carefully about keeping him on beyond his current deal and just at least ask the question ‘could we do better ?’

Edited by JimmyCant

18 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

5 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You know there has been next to nothing on here disagreeing compared with my posts regarding Neilson. The feedback I have had on Facebook, Twitter, fellow Jambos and mates/family have been agreeing that Neilson isn’t up to the job and should go . Now that Ann Budge is no longer owner of Hearts all we can hope for is that the Board, CEO, JS & FOH can come together and find a management team that can take Hearts FC forward by playing attractive attacking football while challenging for honours.

Aye,easy peasy lemon squeezy.

We're third in the league, 10 days ago folk were talking about the best performance in years just a week after our worst of the season against Aberdeen. There's a bit of magical thinking going on if people believe Hearts are in a position to sign the holy grail of fantastic manager and all conquering team just because we lost to Motherwell. Life's not like that. Check Neilson's record compared to any other Hearts manager.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Complete nonsense as per usual to fit your agenda.

Who makes the final decisions on everything? Budge. 

When was the last time McKinley said or did anything? 

How do you know what Savage thinks of the management, I definitely don’t. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

We're third in the league, 10 days ago folk were talking about the best performance in years just a week after our worst of the season against Aberdeen. There's a bit of magical thinking going on if people believe Hearts are in a position to sign the holy grail of fantastic manager and all conquering team just because we lost to Motherwell. Life's not like that. Check Neilson's record compared to any other Hearts manager.

Did other managers have two seasons in the Championship to help the win percentage? 
Did any of them lose to a team like Brora? 
Did any of them have a ****ing plane fly over the ground calling them a useless *****?

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did other managers have two seasons in the Championship to help the win percentage? 
Did any of them have a ****ing plane fly over the ground calling them a useless *****?

Losing the plot . . . . . . . . Again !

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who makes the final decisions on everything? Budge. 

When was the last time McKinley said or did anything? 

How do you know what Savage thinks of the management, I definitely don’t. 

I’d be astonished and very disappointed in the FOH if Ann Budge is still the sole decision maker at Hearts. She’s a minority shareholder albeit with a seat on the board. She no longer has the authority to make key decisions in her own right. If she still has a puppet quorum on the board who do her bidding, they should also be removed. Her time is done and the football side of her time was an utter shambles. She should be well and truly on the sidelines now

Edited by JimmyCant

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

True. 

Takeshi kovac
17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Doesn’t matter what the percentage actually is when you have a manager who only needs to point to the league table to win the argument, which doesn’t take account of how much better the table would look had we not spilled points here there and everywhere, but no matter, he’s not getting sacked anytime soon. He wasn’t sacked in the summer and he wasn’t sacked after Brora. He’s not going to be sacked sitting 3rd in the table, even if there is a very good argument that we should be top.

At the very least I hope we think very carefully about keeping him on beyond his current deal and just at least ask the question ‘could we do better ?’

This 100%

We are stuck with Robbie like it or lump it. We didn't sack him last season so we ain't doing it now. For anyone not in the Robbie  camp this season will be a case of what could have been coz we have a very decent sqad and a Manager who sparsly gets the best out of them. Towards the end of his first stint I was glad he left even though we were in a great position and I feel the same now. We won't sack him and he blew his chance in England so not gonna get a big move either. The only thing that gives me the fear is if he did leave and with our recent track record who would we replace him with ?

Robbie is a safe pair of hands if we are content with top 6 and the odd semi final and some plodding football but with the position we are in now on and off the park why should we settle for that

Pasquale for King

I’d be astonished and very disappointed in the FOH if Ann Budge is still the sole decision maker at Hearts. She’s a minority shareholder albeit with a seat on the board. She no longer has the authority to make key decisions in her own right. If she still has a puppet quorum on the board who do her bidding, they should also be removed. Her time is done and the football side of her time was an utter shambles. She should be well and truly on the sidelines now

I can’t see her signing off on Neilson being sacked, no matter what. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Takeshi kovac said:

This 100%

We are stuck with Robbie like it or lump it. We didn't sack him last season so we ain't doing it now. For anyone not in the Robbie  camp this season will be a case of what could have been coz we have a very decent sqad and a Manager who sparsly gets the best out of them. Towards the end of his first stint I was glad he left even though we were in a great position and I feel the same now. We won't sack him and he blew his chance in England so not gonna get a big move either. The only thing that gives me the fear is if he did leave and with our recent track record who would we replace him with ?

Robbie is a safe pair of hands if we are content with top 6 and the odd semi final and some plodding football but with the position we are in now on and off the park why should we settle for that

We have to hope that when he does leave in the future that Savage will pick the next manager. 

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Are you seriously saying Robbie should be sacked because we are not top of the league ? 😂😂😂😂

You lot are completely barking. 

The same people doing all the moaning ust now are the same crowd who just last Saturday were shouting about us winning the league. 

We don't have the quality at the moment to challenge for the league. 

Maybe sometime in the future if we recruit well. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Are you seriously saying Robbie should be sacked because we are not top of the league ? 😂😂😂😂

The same people doing all the moaning ust now are the same crowd who just last Saturday were shouting about us winning the league. 

"A very good argument we should be top..." 

WTF do folk smoke in here? 

Pretty sure said poster had us struggling for bottom 6 before a ball was kicked. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Who do you think would be better? If I remember correctly you said at the start of the season that we wouldn’t be top 6 because of our manager. Looks like that might have been spectacularly wrong but early days.  I’d be interested to know who you think would do much better and why? 

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We have to hope that when he does leave in the future that Savage will pick the next manager. 

We have very little experience of Savages judgement so be careful what you ask for ? We didn’t fight off many clubs to get him to Hearts which suggests he isn’t regarded that highly in the football world yet. That may change but let’s wait and see. January is the toughest of the two windows. Let’s see how he does for us come January. Think we all know we need a good striker, a good box to box attack-minded midfielder and possibly a right back. If we were to get those three we would be a stick-on for third pace at worst. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We have very little experience of Savages judgement so be careful what you ask for ? We didn’t fight off many clubs to get him to Hearts which suggests he isn’t regarded that highly in the football world yet. That may change but let’s wait and see. January is the toughest of the two windows. Let’s see how he does for us come January. Think we all know we need a good striker, a good box to box attack-minded midfielder and possibly a right back. If we were to get those three we would be a stick-on for third pace at worst. 

His judgement on players has been great so far so I would imagine it would be good on managers too, better than anyone else at the club if past evidence is anything to go by. I would rather he did it than Budge.  

As for January we already have a box to box midfielder who the manager hardly plays. 
The manager says he wants two forwards in January, no mention of anything else. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Only you could read that into my post. I specifically said he can’t be sacked just now. Third is fine. He won’t be sacked for 3rd, neither should he be

58 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Who do you think would be better? If I remember correctly you said at the start of the season that we wouldn’t be top 6 because of our manager. Looks like that might have been spectacularly wrong but early days.  I’d be interested to know who you think would do much better and why? 

I actually don’t have the first idea. Mr savage Picking the best option from 80 odd applications would be an option. Mr Savage knowing who he wants and getting him would be an option. It’s not my field. I’m just a fan. It’s Joe Savages field and it would fall on him. I trust him 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Early days indeed.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I can’t see her signing off on Neilson being sacked, no matter what. 

It’s not her sole decision anymore. She can’t ‘not sign off’ on it. She doesn’t have the power.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s not her sole decision anymore. She can’t ‘not sign off’ on it. She doesn’t have the power.

Who’s decision is it then? She is still the most powerful person at the club and has the final say on everything. 
I just cant see her allowing McKinley to sack Neilson, not that he would do that anyway. 
https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19316958.hearts-chairman-ann-budge-outlines-summer-transfer-plans-discusses-fan-ownership-boardroom-changes/

E370ABAD-1D56-4BE9-A1BC-6A8294CBEA5D.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who’s decision is it then? She is still the most powerful person at the club and has the final say on everything. 
I just cant see her allowing McKinley to sack Neilson, not that he would do that anyway. 
https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19316958.hearts-chairman-ann-budge-outlines-summer-transfer-plans-discusses-fan-ownership-boardroom-changes/

E370ABAD-1D56-4BE9-A1BC-6A8294CBEA5D.jpeg

As per the article above, it’s a decision for the professional board of directors, of which she is just one

11 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

If you’d can’t see that Neilson isn’t up to the job that’s one thing but the jury is in now and the verdict is. 
Neilson has to go.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

If you’d can’t see that Neilson isn’t up to the job that’s one thing but the jury is in now and the verdict is. 
Neilson has to go.

:wtfvlad:

9 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Neilson has to go.

:laugh2: away and hire a plane

Bazzas right boot

Unless we drop out the top 6 Bobs job is safe. 

And unfortunately for the rabid gang he is Likley to finish in the top 4 if not 3rd so there is little chance of him being sacked. 

You can either enjoy our promotion and back us into Europe again or sit and hope he fails so you can bleat on. 

Really tragic way to support a club, it's verging on hoping Hearts fail so you can be right about Bob. 

Folk aren't even hiding it anymore. 

Sack a Hearts manager sitting in third on promotion. 

Get a ****ing grip. 

Stoke up the fire.

Get the Neilson debate on a high heat.

Stir the pot repeatedly.

Repeat repeat ad nauseam making up statistics as you go as to what % of fans are unhappy.

Say nothing after good wins yet appear when we lose.

Restart a Twitter campaign “Nheilson Oot!!!!”

Blindly ignore statistics that show Neilson is actually doing a decent job.

Hope your team looses so you can stir the pot further in an attempt to increase frustrations.

Fire up the tracky n trainers brigade and supply them with posters, spray paint and the offer of a Big Mac meal for appropriate city displays of disapproval of the management and board.

Repeat repeat repeat saying the same things over again in the hope Neilson gets his jotters.

Blame Budge for the shambles and start the campaign again only “Budge OOT!!!”

No idea how much of the above is correct but something tells me I’m scarily accurate.

Ex member of the SaS
14 hours ago, sirwalter said:

In your opinion...opinion is the life blood of this sort of forum but never to be confused with fact or valid and reliable statistical information. In my opinion Robbie is doing well and in yours, apparently, he is not. Neither of us is unique in holding our respective opinions but that is as far as it goes. I believe' however, that the facts at present available with regard to Hearts' results under Robbie's management support a positive view - although that's an opinion and not one I expect you to share. 

You say Robbie is doing well and that is the problem, we got a good start and he is doing just enough to keep us there. For some that is doing well, for others it shows he has taken us as far as he can and can't get further ,therefore we need a manager who can.

It was the same the last time he was here and why we had planes over Tynie. He just can't admit he get things wrong and does nothing to change that. A little humility would perhaps make some think ,OK he is trying to improve but as he doesn't put his hands up the rest see he is intransigent. A one trick pony that approaches every game the same way with no back up if things don't appear to be working. IE no plan B.

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

As per the article above, it’s a decision for the professional board of directors, of which she is just one

A board of directors she hand picked, who never have and never will question her or go against her wishes?  She isn’t just one she’s the Chairman, the person who has the final say. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A board of directors she hand picked, who never have and never will question her or go against her wishes?  She isn’t just one she’s the Chairman, the person who has the final say. 

So you are saying she’s formed a dictatorship where the Directors will never disagree with Ann Budge and be subservient to her on every issue. You are comparing the Hearts Board of Directors with China, North Korea & Russia which is ridiculous. You really have insulted everyone on the Hearts Board including Ann Budge. 

I am in the assess the progress at the end of the season camp. I will however say I can see things turning sour if he does not show he is capable of making changes away from home against Livingston.

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You might want to read up a little on company law and shareholder voting rights. Listen, I am sure she retains some influence but she is NOW a minority shareholder. If the majority in the board want to change the manager, she cant stop it happening

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

So you are saying she’s formed a dictatorship where the Directors will never disagree with Ann Budge and be subservient to her on every issue. You are comparing the Hearts Board of Directors with China, North Korea & Russia which is ridiculous. You really have insulted everyone on the Hearts Board including Ann Budge. 

Yes that’s what I’m saying, she hand picked every single person on the board and nobody questions her. Stuart Wallace admitted it ages ago that challenging her isn’t an option. 

Ex member of the SaS
20 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You might want to read up a little on company law and shareholder voting rights. Listen, I am sure she retains some influence but she is NOW a minority shareholder. If the majority in the board want to change the manager, she cant stop it happening

Not wanting to get involved with your spat but here's my tuppence worth. She is a board member that's true, and the rest can over rule her, however most of the board were brought in during the time she was in charge, and in that context how many would go against her in a 50/50 vote? The feeling to remove the manager would have to be very strong for any of the board to make an issue of it. Not saying they are subservient, simply people generally don't rock the boat unless they feel very very strongly about an issue.

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The point is the majority on the board won’t go against her as she put them in place and they won’t and never will challenge her. 
The thread on FoH reps explains it all better than I can, guys that know more about the inner workings of our board than me go into detail about past AGMs etc. 
For instance did the board ever say Levein must go? In her own words she woke up on a Sunday morning and decided to go and get Neilsob back and sack Stendel, does that sound like a board decision?

She is a minority shareholder but the major shareholders have no real say unless they want to call an EGM and replace her and the board. 
The bottom line is she’s still in charge. 

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The point is the majority on the board won’t go against her as she put them in place and they won’t and never will challenge her. 
The thread on FoH reps explains it all better than I can, guys that know more about the inner workings of our board than me go into detail about past AGMs etc. 
For instance did the board ever say Levein must go? In her own words she woke up on a Sunday morning and decided to go and get Neilsob back and sack Stendel, does that sound like a board decision?

She is a minority shareholder but the major shareholders have no real say unless they want to call an EGM and replace her and the board. 
The bottom line is she’s still in charge. 

Tell me then what the point of fan ownership is, if one person, who owns a small percentage of the shares can overrule what is essentially the major shareholder (that being the fans through the FOH) Are you telling me we don’t actually have a workable majority ?

Edited by JimmyCant

44 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Tell me then what the point of fan ownership is, if one person, who owns a small percentage of the shares can overrule what is essentially the major shareholder (that being the fans through the FOH) Are you telling me we don’t actually have a workable majority ?

She can’t overrule them now. FoH owns a majority of shares. She is no longer majority shareholder so has to follow the wishes of the board with no real mechanism to influence them. 

Pasquale for King

Yes that’s what I’m telling you, that’s what Budge has been telling us for years, nothing has changed in regards to who makes the final decisions.