Neilson and the plan B

Scott Leitch

It was obvious to everyone we were getting out numbered and overran in midfield. He watched this and done nothing about it. 

For me this is why Neilson will never be the right man. 

Horseshit 

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• JimmyCant

Ex member of the SaS

TBF I was beginning to think I was being too hard on Robbie but days like today show that he has a very limited play book. Everyone could see the defense was struggling yet he stood and watched that first half and did nothing.

Leveins Battalion

Haring should of been on at half time at the latest,that mistake cost us massively and by the time Moore was went off the game was goosed.

Walter Bishop

100% agree. We have to be able to adjust away from home, it’s not a coincidence we don’t perform the same way as we do at Tynecastle. 

Dundee United played out from the back which left spaces for our front 3 to get in behind, Motherwell play hoof ball so tactics had to change for today’s game, We were totally overpowered and over run today and it was obvious to see this after 10 mins.  

kingantti1874

I actually cannot believe that we have made the same mistake again.. 

it was so ****ing utterly obvious again

Tactically naive.. and borderline clueless

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Spot on.

Not a fan of Neilson, was willing to see how we started the season, done ok however seems to have been another abject away performance, he appears not to be learning which is very worrying. If away performance s continue like this for much longer he needs to consider how much further he can take the team. I don't rate him!!!

9 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

It was obvious to everyone we were getting out numbered and overran in midfield. He watched this and done nothing about it. 

Horseshit 

He's utterly clueless.

He's the weakest link at the club.

Hearts can do better and can afford better.

Neilson is a decent coach but he's not right for us going forward. That is assuming we are as ambitious as the backroom staff appointments and summer recruitment's suggest.

And before the Robbieista's pounce no, I don't have the answers replacements wise...but there's a bloke already at the club who will. 

coatbridgejambo
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The word borderline was not required.  that much was obvious today.

Out foxed by pep Alexander.

You'd like to think that somewhere in that big folder Elbows keeps that there'd be some detailed plan on how to change a game in which we're being over-run.  🙄   The poster who reckoned 2 weeks ago we're just as likely to see another Aberdeen-type performance as a Dundee Utd-type one was spot on.    

Slowly looking like a home team.  The away form is drifting and it will affect our ability to keep a strong position in the top 3,4 throughout the season.  

You could say making Tynie a “fortress” again is a start but you can’t be picking up an odd point now and again on the road. It takes away the good work at Tynecastle. 

I have said this before about him and also said it during his first spell as manager.

He's a safe pair of hands but limited. Overall he will have the club in a reasonable position. We won't win anything but will be stable. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

Will be interesting to see how he does in the Scottish Cup this year, giving him the chance to do well in that before commenting any further. 

He needs to adapt better. I think this is a theme that has followed him for a while. Sometimes he gets it right, but days like today he needs to react quicker. 

How we play, we've been found out, teams know it now and can easily counter it, was good while it lasted, downhill from here  .....

Just now, Vic Vespa said:

How we play, we've been found out, teams know it now and can easily counter it, was good while it lasted, downhill from here  .....

Like his first time

Bazzas right boot

Shout for Haring in these games isn't far of the mark imo. 

However, more than that we need another striker, Boyce is missed in these games. 

We simply can't go long/ direct if Woodburn or Gino is up top. 

Gnando is as good as gone it would seem. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

Like his first time

His first time?

When he left us in around 2nd after a 3rd place finish? 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I have said this before about him and also said it during his first spell as manager.

He's a safe pair of hands but limited. Overall he will have the club in a reasonable position. We won't win anything but will be stable. 

If after 2 or 3 seasons we've finished 3rd/ 4th then that will be a fair observation. 

We need to get there first tho. 

17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Will be interesting to see how he does in the Scottish Cup this year, giving him the chance to do well in that before commenting any further. 

That shouldn't be too long a wait.

To be fair to Neilson we've been good to watch this season at home, but his inability to change shape during a game to combat the opponents and the timings of his changes are infuriating at times. Our away form is really becoming a joke.

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

His first time?

When he left us in around 2nd after a 3rd place finish? 

Paterson was scoring and getting him out of jail we were in free fall compounded afterwards with the rank incompetence of those in charge.

I like most was not bothered when he left to Milton Keynes.

27 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

After last year's absolute Scottish Cup debacle and some so called league performances Neilson quite rightly is judged by many on a game by game basis. Any away draw anywhere when we enter the tournament and I'll have a sense of trepidation..

Just now, gedster said:

After last year's absolute Scottish Cup debacle and some so called league performances Neilson quite rightly is judged by many on a game by game basis. Any away draw anywhere when we enter the tournament and I'll have a sense of trepidation..

I don't think he is the man for the job either mate, but he will get a chance with me he's been backed it's his team, one player left from stendels signings, so it's now over to him to achieve success. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't think he is the man for the job either mate, but he will get a chance with me he's been backed it's his team, one player left from stendels signings, so it's now over to him to achieve success. 

I hope he succeeds, however am not sure he's the man. A home performance akin to today's and the doubters will increase markedly.

1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

Horseshit 

His plan B was a like for like substitution. Take off Woodburn  move Ginnelly to his position and Boyce into Ginnellys.

We need better than Neilson to move forwards as a team. He IS holding us back.

Not one of the 3300 were surprised by todays showing.....that says it all.

One win in six games. I think it is time to stop pretending everything is ok. The formation needs tweaked away from home. We cannot continue to allow ourselves to be overrun in midfield the way we are doing. 

1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

Horseshit 

It’s the lack of timely action which frustrates everyone…. He just can’t change a game positively when it’s not going well.

Leveins Battalion

Pretty rare for a team to play as woefully as we did for 90 minutes,normally a manager makes a change,tactically, personal etc.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Haring should of been on at half time at the latest,that mistake cost us massively and by the time Moore was went off the game was goosed.

100% we needed Haring on. It was patently obvious we were being outmuscled in midfield. As for Gordon chipping the ball up to Devlin and McKay to win headers!! Also I'd have had Gnando on much sooner I thought he did ok and at least got his head on some things.

55 minutes ago, Gambo said:

His plan B was a like for like substitution. Take off Woodburn  move Ginnelly to his position and Boyce into Ginnellys.

We need better than Neilson to move forwards as a team. He IS holding us back.

Not one of the 3300 were surprised by todays showing.....that says it all.

By the time the stadium announcer read out that there were 3300 visiting fans I recon there were only about 1500 left.

been here before
2 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

By the time the stadium announcer read out that there were 3300 visiting fans I recon there were only about 1500 left.

I think he said the total attendance was about 7.5k so we had almost half the total amount.

That is one seriously shite home support.