Alex Kintner

Read all fourteen books and been looking forward to a potential TV series since the final book in 2013.

Have watched the first two episodes and while delighted at how the characters compare on screen compared to how I imagined them, I can’t help but be disappointed with the special effects and general cinematography. Not a patch on Game of Thrones in that regard.

If you think back to the first season of GOT it looked like it had been made on a shoestring. It only grew with it’s success. 

Edited by Tazio

21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If you think back to the first season of GOT it looked like it had been made on a shoestring. It only grew with it’s success. 

It still looked raw and authentic and it drew you into the locations as if you were actually there: the courtyard of Winterfell, the streets of Kings Landing and the plains of Essos. 

I so wanted to love the WoT TV series as the books mean so much to me but genuinely struggled to connect due to how it looked and then the ‘special’ effects at the battle scene just about made me cry. 😳

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't read the books so can't comment on how faithful the adaptation is but, I've enjoyed the show so far. CGI has been decent enough but, the battle scenes didn't have many combatants, which made them seem a bit underwhelming.

Dennis Reynolds

It wasn't a dark and gritty as I had imagined it to be but I hadn't read the books so was only going off the trailers! Have only watched the first episode so will need to binge the rest soon.

It’s getting better every week. Last few episodes have been much grittier and character focused. Cinematography is also much better and special effects passable.