Alex Scott

Maroon Sailor

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Gary Lineker on Sitting On A Fortune. Like he needs the money.

The program is utter shite with the only redeeming feature being a blonde lady with a skirt so short that you can almost see her bra.

If only she had said Blonde instead of Brunette, she would have won £60k. Instead, she won nowt. Fine pair of legs though.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Alex Kintner

• Ron Burgundy

• milky_26

The White Cockade
4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Gary Lineker on Sitting On A Fortune. Like he needs the money.

The program is utter shite with the only redeeming feature being a blonde lady with a skirt so short that you can almost see her bra.

preferred Wheel of Fortune

wheel-fortune-carol-smillie-original_360_913e5d6587baeb3258766c0ed9cd7005.jpg

18 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Still waiting for Ron Burgundy to justify his claim that his 100 games at non-league level makes him a more talented footballer than Alex Scott with her 140 England caps. 

:awful:

The best woman's team in the world got spanked by a bunch of 15 year olds. I doubt there is a woman alive who would get a game for a team of say the standard of Whithill Welfare.

So yes I was a better footballer than Alex Scott.

140 caps for a team that are utter shite in world footballing standards  has to be put into some sort of context. I'm not knocking womans football but I know it's not anything like the standard of the mens game.

We could agree that she is talented at football  for a woman.

Edited by Ron Burgundy

56 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

The best woman's team in the world got spanked by a bunch of 15 year olds. I doubt there is a woman alive who would get a game for a team of say the standard of Whithill Welfare.

So yes I was a better footballer than Alex Scott.

140 caps for a team that are utter shite in world footballing standards  has to be put into some sort of context. I'm not knocking womans football but I know it's not anything like the standard of the mens game.

We could agree that she is talented at football  for a woman.

How would Whitehill Welfare get on against a professional club’s u-15 team?

Anyway, we’re talking about talent and not physical speed or power. I’d pay good money to watch a one-on-one between you and Alex Scott and watch her absolutely rip you to pieces :rofl:

Just now, Alex Kintner said:

How would Whitehill Welfare get on against a professional club’s u-15 team?

Anyway, we’re talking about talent and not physical speed or power. I’d pay good money to watch a one-on-one between you and Alex Scott and watch her absolutely rip you to pieces :rofl:

I would guarantee that if we were the same age she wouldn't get a kick at the ball and that isn't me boasting.

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I would guarantee that if we were the same age she wouldn't get a kick at the ball and that isn't me boasting.

tenor.gif

And just to clarify the point you make about the USA Women’s team being beaten by a team of u15s, it was a kickabout in training while the women’s team prepared for a WC qualifier a couple of days later. 

1 minute ago, Alex Kintner said:

tenor.gif

And just to clarify the point you make about the USA Women’s team being beaten by a team of u15s, it was a kickabout in training while the women’s team prepared for a WC qualifier a couple of days later. 

Look you seem determined to big up the womans game and make it out to be something I just don't think it is. Good luck to them and if young girls and woman enjoy playing football then all is well in the world.

But they are a bit shite at it.🤭

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Look you seem determined to big up the womans game and make it out to be something I just don't think it is. Good luck to them and if young girls and woman enjoy playing football then all is well in the world.

But they are a bit shite at it.🤭

Fair enough, that’s your opinion. Having been to a few women’s national games and watched the recent World Cup I was impressed with the level of skill on show in terms of dribbling, shooting and passing. The pace of the game was not near the pace of the men’s game however.

If we’re speaking purely about talent and skill, I’d place a fairly large wager that someone who played and trained as a professional all their career and represented one of the top nations 140 times has more talent and skill than someone who only managed 100 games at junior level and never managed to move beyond that level.

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Three pages in and not a single photo of the lass in question. Disappointing lads, disappointing.

20211122_103538.jpg

50 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

20211122_103538.jpg

Of all the hundreds of photos you could have picked, you pick the above one.

This is much better.

alex-scott-mirror-z.jpg.f2b759a0292a100a2fb4f37c23ace788.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

This is much better.

My word!

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

This is much better.

What's wrong with the picture I posted?

Was going to post this 

20211122_113453.jpg

2 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Fair enough, that’s your opinion. Having been to a few women’s national games and watched the recent World Cup I was impressed with the level of skill on show in terms of dribbling, shooting and passing. The pace of the game was not near the pace of the men’s game however.

If we’re speaking purely about talent and skill, I’d place a fairly large wager that someone who played and trained as a professional all their career and represented one of the top nations 140 times has more talent and skill than someone who only managed 100 games at junior level and never managed to move beyond that level.

It's all about context. You are comparing apples with oranges.

You'd lose that wager. Anyone who knows anything about football would take you up on that bet. Most if not all of the top woman players would not get in a decent U18 side.

Are they talented simply because they are classed as professional?

On 20/11/2021 at 08:58, AlimOzturk said:

Without looking this up, anyone else have no ****ing clue as to who Alex Scott is?

Thank goodness I'm not the only one !😀👍

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

What's wrong with the picture I posted?

Was going to post this 

20211122_113453.jpg

That's the Alex Scott I remember !

Good player.

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If anyone has her number, please PM me and I'll get her added to the list for 5s. @Ron Burgundy - you'd get the call up first, though, obviously :) 

You know it makes sense.

You just want to see her in the shower.

The White Cockade
41 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You know it makes sense.

You just want to see her in the shower.

Don’t we all!!

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You'd lose that wager. Anyone who knows anything about football would take you up on that bet. Most if not all of the top woman players would not get in a decent U18 side.

😄😄😄

Edited by benny

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

They're talented because they’re talented and that talent gets enhanced by intensive training and match experience.

Think we’ll have to agree to disagree on this one 👍🏻

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

This is much better.

Lemme get this straight, people are complaining because she's on TV too much?

7Bj4.gif

7 minutes ago, Beni said:

Lemme get this straight, people are complaining because she's on TV too much?

7Bj4.gif

Indeed, humans never cease to surprise me.

Maroon Sailor

I see the the virtue signallers are back in their w*nking chariots over another thread

🤣🤣

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Has women’s football improved past the point yet where the best international women’s team aren’t getting comprehensively whooped by boys barely out of puberty? 

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Has women’s football improved past the point yet where the best international women’s team aren’t getting comprehensively whooped by boys barely out of puberty? 

Apparently they weren't trying as it was just a training sesh. 😁

Find the denigrating of women's football because of the obvious physical and genetic differences with men,alongwith the lack of long term investment in coaching, infrastructure and participation a bit off to be honest.

It's a hardly a hot take to say that women would struggle to compete at a high level in the men's game.

It's a shite take to have a go at their punditry as well, given that some of the current elite managers were tom kite at playing the game.

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Find the denigrating of women's football because of the obvious physical and genetic differences with men,alongwith the lack of long term investment in coaching, infrastructure and participation a bit off to be honest.

It's a hardly a hot take to say that women would struggle to compete at a high level in the men's game.

It's a shite take to have a go at their punditry as well, given that some of the current elite managers were tom kite at playing the game.

From having watched a few junior teams in the Scottish cup I’d definitely say there was a higher level of technical ability on show in the Women’s World Cup matches I watched. You could argue it’s easier to be technical and skilful in a slower paced game though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Costanza said:

Easy way to fight the women's cause is to attend matches on a regular basis.

Hearts have got a team so no excuses.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Feck me. Thighs like Gerd Müller. 

They could do some serious damage. 

Or provide some memorable memories.

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Feck me. Thighs like Gerd Müller. 

They could do some serious damage. 

No need for a nutcracker in the Scott household this year

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

No need for a nutcracker in the Scott household this year

As a pal of mine like to say “how’s yer arse for cracking Pan Drops?”

2 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Sorry I do not understand your post .

JF ,just overkilll on tv for me ,it’s all been said before , I really do think Alex and her lady friends can show the expertise they have on the ladies game on matches involving ladies , there certainly enough ladies football on tv now,likewise gentlemen commentary etc being done by the men who have the same understanding of the level they’ve played/managed etc 

I’m sure your right ,Alex is lovely btw,

I used to love listening to results coming in , spoilt by some screaming lady expert trying to fit in ?

its PC gone mad imo,

ps I really don’t mean to offend anyone , love the ladies , just not on tv reviewing mens football please, there’s lots of ladies football that needs them now , as for game show presenting? They can do them all 

15 hours ago, maggieb said:

JF ,just overkilll on tv for me ,it’s all been said before , I really do think Alex and her lady friends can show the expertise they have on the ladies game on matches involving ladies , there certainly enough ladies football on tv now,likewise gentlemen commentary etc being done by the men who have the same understanding of the level they’ve played/managed etc 

I’m sure your right ,Alex is lovely btw,

I used to love listening to results coming in , spoilt by some screaming lady expert trying to fit in ?

its PC gone mad imo,

ps I really don’t mean to offend anyone , love the ladies , just not on tv reviewing mens football please, there’s lots of ladies football that needs them now , as for game show presenting? They can do them all 

Far better than a screaming male scouser presenting.

5 hours ago, benny said:

Let’s get the ladies doing the ladies first, the scouse thing is years away ,seemingly it’s ok to have a gob in a fans face and still keep your job if you say ‘sorry`🤮 this may take a wee bit more work?

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, benny said:

Who's that? Or are you just bigoted to all scousers. 

Maroon Sailor
24 minutes ago, maggieb said:

Let’s get the ladies doing the ladies first, the scouse thing is years away ,seemingly it’s ok to have a gob in a fans face and still keep your job if you say ‘sorry`🤮 this may take a wee bit more work?

The fans being white probably helped his cause to be kept on. No chance he's still working at SKY now if they weren't.

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

Gillette Soccer Special tonight 

Neil Lennon     Clinton Morrison     Karen Carney    Lee Hendrie

Lennon is streets ahead of the other 3 !!

Edited by Maroon Sailor