Alex Scott

Maroon Sailor

Maybe she's contracted to present a certain number of shows.

Pretty sure that was the same with Philip Schofield when folks were moaning about the number of shows he was on, until it turned out, that it was in his contract that he had to present x number of different shows.

Besides, what difference does it make to anybody whether Alex Scott or anybody else for that matter is on umpteen different shows......jealously or is it something else.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Alex Kintner

• Ron Burgundy

• milky_26

28 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

She's better at the pundit stuff than the likes of Lee Hendrie and Clinton Morrison.  No wonder Jeff Stelling is wrapping his tits in with Soccer Saturday.

I would agree with that but they are awful, that just makes her better then them not necessarily good IMO.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Maybe she's contracted to present a certain number of shows.

Pretty sure that was the same with Philip Schofield when folks were moaning about the number of shows he was on, until it turned out, that it was in his contract that he had to present x number of different shows.

Besides, what difference does it make to anybody whether Alex Scott or anybody else for that matter is on umpteen different shows......jealously or is it something else.

I think sometimes the programmes they present becomes more about them than the actual programme.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I think sometimes the programmes they present becomes more about them than the actual programme.

Easy solution if someone doesn't like the presenter or the programme, change the channel.......simples.

She comes across as someone fresh out of media training and elecution lessons. A little false and her voice and speech don't appear natural.

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Easy solution if someone doesn't like the presenter or the programme, change the channel.......simples.

That's what people do as they are sick of the sight of the same presenters popping up on lots of different shows.

I don't watch anything that has Schofield and Willoughby on as you can bet your bottom dollar it will be crap but that doesn't stop them hogging the limelight.

They should open it up a bit more.

Maroon Sailor
20 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Certainly in the case of Schofield and Willoughby.

10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

She comes across as someone fresh out of media training and elecution lessons. A little false and her voice and speech don't appear natural.

Strange, as she's been attacked by people for sounding like someone off a London housing estate.

No pleasing some people.

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Strange, as she's been attacked by people for sounding like someone off a London housing estate.

No pleasing some people.

If people are being attacked for the way they sound then that's just awful.

Hope she was ok. Criticise if you must but attacking people is bang out of order.

2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Without looking this up, anyone else have no ****ing clue as to who Alex Scott is?

Played for Rangers, I think

The Real Maroonblood
50 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

👍

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I went off her a bit during the Olympics. I thought her and Balding were a right pair of pains in the arse.

Hazel Irvine is light years ahead of them.

Jermaine Jenus is another arse. I went right off him at the Euros although Danny Murphy is worse.

Both Scott and Jenus also appear regularly on The One Show.  

How many feckin jobs do they need and without being controversial they are basically on these programs not for their talent, but to fit a certain criteria.

I do like Micah Richards as he seems so natural, unlike Scott and Jenus. 

Mind you they are all better than the BBC Scotland lot with the exceptions being Tom English and Leanne Crichton. They are both very good.

I would add Michael Stewart but he is not on the BBC these days....

Stewart was on Sportscene recently. Maybe the weekend of the Dundee Utd match

Danny Mr Obvious Murphy is the worse pundit out there now bar none.

Best for me are Hazel and Eilidh Barbour

How Hazel hasn't been recognised for services to broadcasting is a mystery.

The White Cockade

Glenn Hoddle and Clinton Morrison are soooo bad

Most of the Scottish "experts" are hopeless as are the commentators

Neville and Caragher I like a lot

Ms Scott doesn't bother me one way or the other but she is very pretty so what's not too like

I suspect she's already in line for the MotD gig after Lineker retires or is lured away by Sky.

Caught a bit of her new quiz show and the banter is excruciating. She is stilted and awkward and the contestants have clearly been told to adopt a fake attrition between themselves. Not unlike the farcical pantomime of the boxers weigh in/pre fight press conference.

She ticks all the PC boxes so will no doubt go far.

Regardless of whether she should or not.

Edited by martoon

Horatio Caine

Have to be amused at the fickleness of JKB.  Not so long ago Alex Scott was the darling of this board, with some posters apparently running out of kleenex.  Now she's on TV too much and is shite anyway.  :vrface:

58 minutes ago, martoon said:

I suspect she's already in line for the MotD gig after Lineker retires or is lured away by Sky.

Caught a bit of her new quiz show and the banter is excruciating. She is stilted and awkward and the contestants have clearly been told to adopt a fake attrition between themselves. Not unlike the farcical pantomime of the boxers weigh in/pre fight press conference.

Aye, there seems to be a never-ending line of daft game/quiz  show ideas ready to be tried out on TV - just waiting for a "new celeb" to be chosen to  present it.   Each one seems to get described by the celeb as the "ultimate quiz show".   Or in Danny Dyer's case,  the ultimate game of whisk and wee wode. :whistling:

3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I have played over 100 Non League matches in teams she would never get close to being of the standard required so it is relevant. Professional in name only, it's very poor but strangely watchable IMO. The goalies are great fun.

I think she's very likeable. But not a great pundit. 

I don't think there is any seethe either. 

So let me get this straight, you’re saying you’re a much better footballer than Alex Scott was and she wouldn’t get near any of the non-league teams you played in?

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

Aye, there seems to be a never-ending line of daft game/quiz  show ideas ready to be tried out on TV - just waiting for a "new celeb" to be chosen to  present it.   Each one seems to get described by the celeb as the "ultimate quiz show".   Or in Danny Dyer's case,  the ultimate game of whisk and wee wode. :whistling:

A conveyor belt of cheap to make rubbish, LS. 

SectionDJambo

Sue Smith on Sky Sports is the woman reporter who irritates me. I don’t have a problem with Alex Scott.

She is appearing on a few different programmes, though, which is liable to have viewers getting fed up seeing her.

I’ve never liked Schofield. Thinks he’s some kind of trailblazer in interviewing whereas he’s just a daytime magazine show presenter. Obviously really full of himself. There’s rumours he’s in line to take over The Chase from Bradley Walsh. It will be the death of it if that happens.

Malinga the Swinga

Does Football Focus and an afternoon quiz. Sometimes does women's football and helped host one 3 hour show last night.

Pretty sure there are loads of presenters who do more.

She's good at job and seems popular with lots of viewers. 

As for poster who slagged off Claire Balding, that's even worse. She is best sports presenter on UK TV, inclusive of men and women.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Does her job well and knowledgeable on the football but doesn’t beat Laura Woods for me 😏

She must have long arms

ERwuLr5WoAYOTbV.thumb.jpg.d6c7267230387a8ed99211c6c031adfd.jpg

7 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Apparently Sturgeon is going to take over the chase 

Hope she’s declared in the register the fact she’s living rent free in your head.

Konrad von Carstein
37 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

Hope she’s declared in the register the fact she’s living rent free in your head.

Loads of room in there to be fair....

The Real Maroonblood
42 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

5 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Loads of room in there to be fair....

:illogical:

21 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That's what people do as they are sick of the sight of the same presenters popping up on lots of different shows.

I don't watch anything that has Schofield and Willoughby on as you can bet your bottom dollar it will be crap but that doesn't stop them hogging the limelight.

They should open it up a bit more.

This

chuck berrys hairline
18 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

in Danny Dyer's case,  the ultimate game of whisk and wee wode. :whistling:

Oi! Drop Eht!! 

7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ian Wright on some game show last night where a ball is involved. 

Lasted two minutes then off. 

you also have the walkers munching jugearred lineker on one where people are basically playing musical chairs

Seymour M Hersh
22 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Stewart was on Sportscene recently. Maybe the weekend of the Dundee Utd match

Danny Mr Obvious Murphy is the worse pundit out there now bar none.

Best for me are Hazel and Eilidh Barbour

How Hazel hasn't been recognised for services to broadcasting is a mystery.

He's poor but Jenas s lightyears ahead in the utterly hopeless stakes. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He's poor but Jenas s lightyears ahead in the utterly hopeless stakes. 

agree, jenas is awful, murphy "i played for liverpool" is not as bad but still awful. that does not include ian wright or the dinosaur shearer

Maroon Sailor

Won't be surprised if she gets touted for the Man U job

Edited by Maroon Sailor

I P Knightley
On 20/11/2021 at 11:18, Roxy Hearts said:

Hope she kept the receipt for those.

On 20/11/2021 at 13:00, martoon said:

Making a comparison with Lineker is interesting. I remember when Lineker was new in media. The BBC had decided he would be their guy; got him elocution lessons and drilled and drilled him. His first few years were pretty painful. Some might remember him on Radio 5Live (it might have just been Radio 5 back then). It was like listening to tracle pouring out of a tin. I saw him recording the pilot for They Think It's All Over; the production team were working around him (& to a lesser extent, Gower) so that, although his name was a draw, it was only viable because of Nick Hancock, Rory McGrath and Lee Hurst. Lineker was wooden.

However, I recently saw a bit of Lineker on his musical chairs quiz show and was impressed that he's a very smooth & confident presenter.

Perhaps, with time, Alex Scott will be less grating.

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ian Wright on some game show last night where a ball is involved. 

Lasted two minutes then off. 

Yup

I didn’t have a clue what was going on.

Still waiting for Ron Burgundy to justify his claim that his 100 games at non-league level makes him a more talented footballer than Alex Scott with her 140 England caps. 

:awful:

45 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Hope she kept the receipt for those.

Making a comparison with Lineker is interesting. I remember when Lineker was new in media. The BBC had decided he would be their guy; got him elocution lessons and drilled and drilled him. His first few years were pretty painful. Some might remember him on Radio 5Live (it might have just been Radio 5 back then). It was like listening to tracle pouring out of a tin. I saw him recording the pilot for They Think It's All Over; the production team were working around him (& to a lesser extent, Gower) so that, although his name was a draw, it was only viable because of Nick Hancock, Rory McGrath and Lee Hurst. Lineker was wooden.

However, I recently saw a bit of Lineker on his musical chairs quiz show and was impressed that he's a very smooth & confident presenter.

Perhaps, with time, Alex Scott will be less grating.

He is better now and, tbh, I'd forgotten how bad he was in those early days. He looked terrified.

Nothing against Alex Scott, either. She's not too bad but there's no doubt she is the darling of the media just now. 

Barring any social media errors, past or future, she's going to be around for a long time to come.

I used to really like Lee Hurst.

Edited by martoon

The Real Maroonblood
39 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Gary Lineker on Sitting On A Fortune. Like he needs the money.

The program is utter shite with the only redeeming feature being a blonde lady with a skirt so short that you can almost see her bra.

Must check if it's on catch up.:smugger:

44 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Gary Lineker on Sitting On A Fortune. Like he needs the money.

The program is utter shite with the only redeeming feature being a blonde lady with a skirt so short that you can almost see her bra.

you've such a way with words