Sausages.

Angel eyes

28 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

You must've worked there at a different time to me (2000/2001).. Good work practices? I saw people picking dropped sausages/bacon  off the dirty concrete floor and putting it back on packing belt.. People continually piling produce too high (wee Willie winky packing station had conveyor belt on top of the station) so they'd fall off time and time again. The IQ level of the people I worked with was not very high. Didn't stop me filling my pockets and freezer with liberated goods though.. 🙄🙄

I was about 2008/2009,  (Agency work), was a line supervisor, you had to learn all the job in a few weeks, nightmare.

Mind that wee willy winky sausages line, never worked on it though, we had meetings every morning prior to start up,

shame it shutdown, employed a lot of folk from Broxburn and around, think its houses there now.

42 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

I was about 2008/2009,  (Agency work), was a line supervisor, you had to learn all the job in a few weeks, nightmare.

Mind that wee willy winky sausages line, never worked on it though, we had meetings every morning prior to start up,

shame it shutdown, employed a lot of folk from Broxburn and around, think its houses there now.

Its always a shame when such a big local employer closes.. 

Halls, for whatever reason, refused to modernise its equipment. The machines, we used were from the 60s! I worked in a team of 7, 6 old ladies and myself. When the machines broke down (everyday!) they'd take them apart to fix them despite me saying yo call sn engineer. Half an hour later they couldn't fix the problem so ended up calling an engineer...  Infuriating as ****! 

I don't eat halls sausages as I've seen the amount of fat in proportion to meat that goes into them.. I would imagine most brands are similar but I've not seen them being made so it doesn't matter.. 

Maroon Sailor

Stobbs the bakers, oliphant crescent Ayr.. 

Just got a roll on square, 1.35. Lovely. 

The establishment has been added to my list of thumbs up bakers, burger vans etc for while I'm working. 

21 hours ago, Captain Lithuania said:

These ones from Sainsbury’s are quality. 97% pork. Unreal. 

Unless that includes the % of pork fat too then those would be as dry as a nun's chuff, you want at least 15% fat in a sausage with 25% being ideal!