Android Phone

Pele_Is_God

Looking for recommendations for a budget android phone. Not fussed about high specs. Got an older IPhone but sick of getting ripped off by 02. Looking to spend £250 max

Jambo_jim2001

Got a cheap Motorola g10 from Tesco,,pretty happy with it,was only 140 odd spondoolies ,my Samsung galaxy gave up the ghost..plays my newpipe and other non Google apps no bother

Get onto ali express. Look for umidigi, blackview, pocco or realmi. 

All on a massive sale atm. Some proper bargains to be had.

Delivered within 10 days guaranteed 

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, Pele_Is_God said:

Looking for recommendations for a budget android phone. Not fussed about high specs. Got an older IPhone but sick of getting ripped off by 02. Looking to spend £250 max

Just move networks. Mate got an iPhone 13 for £37 a month from Sky recently, you could probably get something like that even cheaper with Black Friday deals kicking about just now.

26 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Just move networks. Mate got an iPhone 13 for £37 a month from Sky recently, you could probably get something like that even cheaper with Black Friday deals kicking about just now.

And what pay £1325 for a phone. With same specs as a £200 android. 

Some spell that cult has you under 

23 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Where did you get that number from? Always think it’s odd how people set on using android see Apple as a cult when they’re doing the same thing just with a different OS. 

22 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Where did you get that number from? Always think it’s odd how people set on using android see Apple as a cult when they’re doing the same thing just with a different OS. 

How can android be a cult? Android os can be used in multiple devices including tv and every electronic equipment including medical, military and aerospace systems. 

Apple is just a cult. 

The number is a 36 month contract as that's the minimum term contracts you get these days 

20 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

How can android be a cult? Android os can be used in multiple devices including tv and every electronic equipment including medical, military and aerospace systems. 

Apple is just a cult. 

The number is a 36 month contract as that's the minimum term contracts you get these days 

I could dissect this but I’ll stick to saying your last sentence is nonsense. 

7 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Apple is just a cult. 

Out of that £36, £20 - £25 is your phone and data. So you are paying £14pm for the latest tech phone and own it outright in 2 years.

I am an android user btw and use sim only contracts. Until I got a dual sim Samsung throgh work, I was very happy with my Pocophone. Excellent device at half the price of top Androids.

8 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Apple is just a cult. 

:wtfvlad:

Plenty cheap choices listed above for the OP to pic from.

I'd add in Xoami too.

These days I pay for my SIM and Phone separate. SIM Only unlimited 5G with EE is about £20 and I use the Samsung Upgrade programme to get the new Galaxy model on a 2 year contract at about £25 p/m. With a free upgrade each year to thr latest model if you like.

2 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Another shout for a pocophone I have an F1 and it's going on for 3 years now. It's still very good.

What on earth is a pocophone  ?.

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Cheers bud, new one to me.

Has a decent spec and good battery.

Nothing not to like about it, although the camera never gave great photos, but maybe I am shit at taking photos.

When 5g becomes more available, I will buy another.

Link added

https://www.gsmarena.com/poco_x3_pro-review-2239.php

Edited by Tommy Brown

23 hours ago, moshy said:

Just recently got an oppo a53 for £150, it does what I need it to do easily enough.

Bought one myself, great value as I have a really good monthly £12 SIM contract.

The Hogfather
On 18/11/2021 at 20:58, Restonbabe said:

Is everything ok at home?