Thought for the day..

Morgan

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

You don’t realise the importance of a moment, until it becomes a memory.

How true, but equally, how sad.

Yes you have to be a very attuned person to know when a great moment is happening in that moment and cherish it . 

Really speaking to me there @Morgan. Going through a phase of only having memories of what I once had, and getting too caught up in said memories to make new ones or enjoy the moment. Funny old thing is life.

13 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes you have to be a very attuned person to know when a great moment is happening in that moment and cherish it . 

Good point, James.  It's something that I've probably only achieved myself a couple of times.

54 minutes ago, Locky said:

Really speaking to me there @Morgan. Going through a phase of only having memories of what I once had, and getting too caught up in said memories to make new ones or enjoy the moment. Funny old thing is life.

Surely you're too young, Locks, to have many bad memories already?  I certainly hope you are.

As you say though, it's a funny old thing.

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Good point, James.  It's something that I've probably only achieved myself a couple of times.

Surely you're too young, Locks, to have many bad memories already?  I certainly hope you are.

You'd like to think so matey but life ain't as carefree as I wish it was or once was! Living back at Ma's with her home cooking is helping though. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Locky said:

You'd like to think so matey but life ain't as carefree as I wish it was or once was! Living back at Ma's with her home cooking is helping though. :lol: 

Ah!  Food!

The way to a man’s heart..

😎

Just now, Morgan said:

Ah!  Food!

The way to a man’s heart..

😎

So true . Some foods always bring back memories of my mum . Happy memories ! 

14 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Your right there Morgan . We never just think about a time when we had a great time until much later on I feel . We don’t live in the moment really . I’m similar to you as I can only recall certain times when everything seemed to fit into place . A magical time . One time was my first Job . Meeting new people at my work , having my own money and out with new work mates etc .  I have had other great times but would need to think deeper to retrieve them . Sadly our. Brains are wired to easily drench up the sad / negative times . 

I have reached an age and stage in life when there is not much ambition or planning involved everything is basically day to day. What I do have though are a compendium of memories, of true love, of the joys of a beautiful family. Of a career of many laughs, progress and people it was a privilege to know. Travel, excitement, success, all good to look back on. It is easy to look back and feel you have been deprived of much, but the good memories correct this by telling you here we are, enjoy.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Especially a rather large man. :jjyay: 

:oohmatron:

51 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

is that you bragging Locky :whistling:

He means his height, you dirty auld devil.  :whistling:

49 minutes ago, Locky said:

I wish. :lol: 6 foot 3, 200lbs, yet hung like a ****ing wasp.

Hung like a wasp.  :rofl: 

48 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I have reached an age and stage in life when there is not much ambition or planning involved everything is basically day to day. What I do have though are a compendium of memories, of true love, of the joys of a beautiful family. Of a career of many laughs, progress and people it was a privilege to know. Travel, excitement, success, all good to look back on. It is easy to look back and feel you have been deprived of much, but the good memories correct this by telling you here we are, enjoy.

Great stuff as usual, Bob.  👍

13 minutes ago, Morgan said:

:oohmatron:

He means his height, you dirty auld devil.  :whistling:

Hung like a wasp.  :rofl: 

After a midweek trip to Pittodrie in the middle of winter. :ninja: 

14 minutes ago, Locky said:

After a midweek trip to Pittodrie in the middle of winter. :ninja: 

Wasps and sheep are never a good combination.

• 2 months later...

I am at the age now where I am losing my grandparents and some closed loved ones. My grandad especially i took losing pretty hard. I have a lot of regrets especially not seeing them a much as I should or could have but especially regret not cherishing those special moments with them as much as I could.

I tend to try and not look back at things as you can no longer control what has been. But I just wish I could have another opportunity to thank them for their love and  the wonderful memories I did have for them. And tell them how much I respected them. 

33 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I am at the age now where I am losing my grandparents and some closed loved ones. My grandad especially i took losing pretty hard. I have a lot of regrets especially not seeing them a much as I should or could have but especially regret not cherishing those special moments with them as much as I could.

I tend to try and not look back at things as you can no longer control what has been. But I just wish I could have another opportunity to thank them for their love and  the wonderful memories I did have for them. And tell them how much I respected them. 

When  your actual blood relatives are all gone and only you and your son survive, the main thing I have found for internal peace, is that you done what you could do in a positive way towards them all is the thing that gives a small feeling of peace and contentment. I thankfully have that.

Edited by Sharpie

When your sister-in-law is the size of the Maybury roundabout, it's time to suggest to her that, perhaps, chips five times s week are not doing her any favours.

" whats gonna come for you isnt going to pass you by";....can ever really understand this defeatist statement really :) 

" Necessity is the mother of invention"   ( very true )

" the road to hell is paved with good intentions" ( very true )

17 hours ago, Morgan said:

When your sister-in-law is the size of the Maybury roundabout, it's time to suggest to her that, perhaps, chips five times s week are not doing her any favours.

LOL

that reminds me of the great scene in " The Sopranos" when  Tony and his mates are slagging Gennie Sacks ( a rather large wife of another mob boss" 

" Gennie Sacks ass is so big it has its own zip code"    " She bleeds ragu"   :)