Fallon Sherrock

jamborich

It was a superb performance. 

What I hope to see is that she pushes on and can gain a tour card through the 2022 Q school. She's clearly capable of competing at the top and has the confidence. I think she's setting herself up well for the Worlds next month. 

6 hours ago, FWJ said:

I’m not much of a darts watcher - I’ve never seen a 170 finish before.

Cool as a cucumber too.

Sherrock is the bomb! Absolutely smashing glass ceilings everywhere , “whats that a barrier , hand me my darts….” 

12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sherrock is the bomb! Absolutely smashing glass ceilings everywhere , “whats that a barrier , hand me my darts….” 

I’m delighted to see it but genuinely surprised it’s taken this long for a woman to break through into the top ten. There’s certain sports where it shouldn’t make a difference if you’re a man or woman and darts is one. Natural skill combined with desire and the willingness to practice constantly and you’d think a woman could the world number 1 at darts, snooker, pool etc

Edited by Alex Kintner

7 hours ago, benny said:

Why has it taken to this year for a good woman's dart player.Surely there is no advantage in what sex you are in darts.

Science has proven that men and women have different abilities in certain physical tasks and coordination based activities. I’d imagine that evolution will gradually wear away at this now more women are actively taking part in more of those pastimes. 

Parttimer1874
On 21/11/2021 at 21:11, Alex Kintner said:

I’m delighted to see it but genuinely surprised it’s taken this long for a woman to break through into the top ten. There’s certain sports where it shouldn’t make a difference if you’re a man or woman and darts is one. Natural skill combined with desire and the willingness to practice constantly and you’d think a woman could the world number 1 at darts, snooker, pool etc

Difficult to argue against that but I think opportunities or lack there of and no role models (until now) for girls is a problem.