2020/21 accounts/AGM - shareholders presentation/Q&A announced ( updated )

Swanny17

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I’m allowed to ask the questions mate 

If you need to ask that question then you're trolling, everyone knew the answer to that. 

It was a major event in our history. 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo 4 Ever

• davemclaren

• jamboinglasgow

• RobNox

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If you need to ask that question then you're trolling, everyone knew the answer to that. 

It was a major event in our history. 

Not at all

not everyone knew the answer 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Not at all

not everyone knew the answer 

Aye, it was a real head scratcher. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, ginger jambo98 said:

They owed LBG over £8m, a 30p in the £ deal would have meant a split of £2.5m to uncle Tommy and £5.5m of bad debt write off in the bank. Sounds about right from memory.

cheeturz etc etc

I did enjoy explaining to them how a mortgage works for that tinpot new stand and how much they usually cost to pay back, then they did that deal. I wonder what the shareholders of the bank thought.

Pasquale for King

Can you be a Jambo forever? When you don’t exist, you’re not a Jambo or anything else bar a pile of ash or rotting bones in a box 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏽?!?!

Surely we'd all agree the club is now being run as well, and as prudent as it's been for a long time. The hiccups with the new stand, and Levein's signing policy are in the past, and if we can't enjoy reading reports of a £2m profit in one of the worst financial years in history then we'll never be happy. We're lucky to have benefactors, but if/when we don't then we'll take that into account when setting our budget. The level of candidates for directors on the board is as high as I can remember. FoH is strong and the future's looking good despite the doom and gloom on here.......👍

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Surely we'd all agree the club is now being run as well, and as prudent as it's been for a long time. The hiccups with the new stand, and Levein's signing policy are in the past, and if we can't enjoy reading reports of a £2m profit in one of the worst financial years in history then we'll never be happy. We're lucky to have benefactors, but if/when we don't then we'll take that into account when setting our budget. The level of candidates for directors on the board is as high as I can remember. FoH is strong and the future's looking good despite the doom and gloom on here.......👍

I started supporting Hearts in the 70s, this is definitely the most well run the club has been in my lifetime.  I have seen various saviours come along, rescue us from the brink then leave us in an increasingly worse situation, i.e. Mercer, Robinson and Vlad.  All of those individuals had good intentions initially, but things eventually turned sour.

Now the fans own the club, so there is no reason why we should ever be at the mercy of any individual owner ever again.

47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We built a ****ing £20m stand, spent millions on in-frustracture and recovered from admin. 

Did you miss that? 

For the First time ever I think you are trolling and not just a daftie. 

You might need to write this in crayon for Jambo 4 Ever to understand.

I’m surprised at such a large drop in turnover £4.5mm / -30%, more than I expected.

However to every Benefactor (large and small) I say ….

♥️   THANK YOU    ♥️

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

I think Budge may have contributed some too.....!

It’s been mentioned a few times. Not sure if she would do that and loan the club £3.1m? Seems a strange combination?

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Mask definitely  slipped with some of they questions 🤣

If he’s not wearing a mask report him 😱😜

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I think I might have to update my signature for the first time in a very long time.

Mickey Weir 09:35 PM Today
Give it time and HSL will overtake their direct debit scheme and we will continue to grow while they go under.

That has to be a Jambo at the wind-up, surely? 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s been mentioned a few times. Not sure if she would do that and loan the club £3.1m? Seems a strange combination?

Seems strange, but maybe she'd be in a position where she was willing to donate a sum, while also providing loans for amounts that she couldn't just give over to the club.  She's a fairly wealthy woman, but she has nothing like the personal wealth of James Anderson.

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Are You at it? 

We were in the championship and had no crowds. 

Our revenue will be up by at least £5m this season, imo more Likley £7-£8m when you factor in TV and prize money. 

Our revenue crashed v a normal ish season. 

If we get in Europe you can add in more for next season. 

I think the answer to that question is fairly obvious! 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Seems strange, but maybe she'd be in a position where she was willing to donate a sum, while also providing loans for amounts that she couldn't just give over to the club.  She's a fairly wealthy woman, but she has nothing like the personal wealth of James Anderson.

Yeah fair point, I think most of us would find it difficult not to give the club as much money as possible if we were in her situation, never mind his. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I did enjoy explaining to them how a mortgage works for that tinpot new stand and how much they usually cost to pay back, then they did that deal. I wonder what the shareholders of the bank thought.

This one was bloody furious! 

3 minutes ago, benny said:

He is reeking of sevco.

Sevco, a loss making business since the day it was formed in 2012.  Gambling on making the ECL group stages if they win the league this season, then their only successful manager fecks off with his entire back room team, and is likely to come back to poach any player he thinks could do a job for Villa. Kamara and Kent probably the only two he's likely to consider, other than any youngsters he might feel could be development opportunities.

2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What happens when the benefactors decide they no longer want to donate - then what 

not all that impressive as it’s not sustainable long term 

We get relegated to the Lothian Primary School league and have to start back from the very bottom. 

Probably still beat Hibs in the cup though

Guest ToqueJambo

Hate to break it to the Hibs fans looking in but Hearts has thousands and thousands of "benefactors". 

Anyone who has given money to Hearts through FoH, JKB donations and any other of the multiple way the club raises funds is a benefactor. 

Still obsessing over our finances I see, the poor, bitter, deluded f**kwits.

Only those complete roasters can put a negative spin on us making a 2 million quid profit after a year of no fans being allowed into the games.

6 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Just to clarify, the £500k government grant included in “turnover” is not the £500k from benefactor(s) other than James Anderson. That latter money is included in “donations” rather than “turnover”.  In other words, we have one or more established benefactors other than JA who contributed £500k - a pretty generous amount by normal standards.

Not sure where you are getting values from other benefactors from. It is one total figure.

Screenshot_20211116-195537_Kindle.jpg

37 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Not sure where you are getting values from other benefactors from. It is one total figure.

Screenshot_20211116-195537_Kindle.jpg

If you look at the last comment in note 31 to the accounts...

During the year, the company received £4.2m (2020 - £3m) in donations from a director. This amount is included within the £4.7m (2020 - £3m) donations from benefactors within note 9.

That implies that £0.5m came from another source or sources.

7 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I mean how do we reduced spending etc / increase revenue to make up for the amount the benefactors are paying in?

Not sure if you noticed but there was a pandemic last year. This led to us losing around £4 mill in turnover. This was made up by donations from benefactors. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Very impressive in a season where we were demoted and had no fans inside stadium due to covid! Thanks to the board , Mr Anderson and very single contributor to FOH , next years figures will be very good I'd imagine now we back where we belong , supporters packing out Tynecastle park , hospitality sold out , squad size back to realistic size and loads duds off wage bill so the futures very bright. 

12 hours ago, Poseidon said:

Turnover was down by £4.6m and should be back very close to £12.5m this year I would imagine. Despite there being additional costs which we managed to recoup via furlough scheme which we will occur at full running we must be pretty close to break even if we include FoH donations but had no benefactor donations this coming year. 

Depends how much we get for Soapy in January I suppose 😬

So reading what youve said there Anderson basically covered the shortfall in turnover so as a business we would have made that profit without him in a normal year. Bodes well

14 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Not sure if you noticed but there was a pandemic last year. This led to us losing around £4 mill in turnover. This was made up by donations from benefactors. 

Thats how i read it too , that bodes very well and with the potential from the way the squad is being run we could put ourselves in a great place if we continue to keep the background teams we have in place. 

6 hours ago, Section Q said:

❤️ 🇱🇻 

8 hours ago, RobNox said:

3rd place only guarantees that if one of the top 2 win the SC, otherwise the SC winners will take that spot.  Of course, we might win the SC, which would be nice.

Didn't know that.  Boooooooo.  Shut up RobNox!  Boooooooo

Mind you, one of the OF or ourselves most likely to win Scottish Cup, so it'll work itself out.

36 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

They are praising Pat McGinlay by watching his goals for Celtic! 

:rofl: 

61FD66C1-4E60-49C1-A802-DF1E5AF20F76.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣 sums them up.  They do love their big brothers though don’t they. Any old excuse.

Pat McGinlay - maybe they will celebrate his own goals as well. Scored a few for us

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I’m surprised at such a large drop in turnover £4.5mm / -30%, more than I expected.

However to every Benefactor (large and small) I say ….

♥️   THANK YOU    ♥️

I thought it would be more Tbh. 

No fans, reduced season and in the championship is not a good mix. 

The Ultimate Worrier
8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

We built a ****ing £20m stand, spent millions on in-frustracture and recovered from admin. 

Did you miss that? 

For the First time ever I think you are trolling and not just a daftie. 

Pot. Kettle.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, The Ultimate Worrier said:

Pot. Kettle.

And with that comment and no reference to the topic on hand - ultimately.. Pot - kettle. 

👍

Edited by Smith's right boot

That is genuinely worrying levels of delusion. In fairness it is consistent with standard Hibee behaviour.

Shall we start planning for a new FoH as we are clearly going to go under again in the near future?

No denying how crucial the benefactors and FoH subscriptions are looking at that, but think folk from the outside are failing to remember just how bad the 20/21 financial year was for all football clubs. So, with or without them, to turn over a profit is remarkable.

Next years accounts will be even better reading what with fans being back etc. and of course our prize money for winning the Scottish Cup this season and making the Europa group stages at the start of next. :jjyay: 

The Ultimate Worrier
34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

And with that comment and no reference to the topic on hand - ultimately.. Pot - kettle. 

👍

👍

49 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

🤣🤣🤣 sums them up.  They do love their big brothers though don’t they. Any old excuse.

Pat McGinlay - maybe they will celebrate his own goals as well. Scored a few for us

He just likes watching.  Another in a long line of creeps and/or criminals who've played for those weirdos

kingantti1874

Hearts make profit through covid due to generosity of fans = Bad (we must be going bust)

Hibs + every other team make enormous losses - take millions in private and government loans which need paid paid  = Good ( nothing to worry about) 

😂😂😂

absolute muppets.

Meanwhile FOH biggest ever, had 18,000 + against DUFC (actual 18,000 + as well, not figures made up by handing out free tickets, Hospitality and the skyline now booming, and we are back at the top end and going to reap the sporting and TV payouts we’ve missed out on for too long)

wont be surprise if T/O is near to £20million next year

Edited by kingantti1874

• davemclaren changed the title to 2020/21 accounts/AGM - shareholders presentation/Q&A announced ( updated )