Nicknames that would no longer be tolerated..

Morgan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• whodanny

• The Gorgie

• Stu_HMFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My old job before teaching we had a 

Plissken.....She was a snake who could not be trusted at all and would quietly noise up management if she thought you had done something wrong.

Morrie .....She wouldn't shut the **** up.

BAFTA.....Big Arse ****ing Terrible Attitude 

My old man had a few colleagues in the police with nice names such as the Olympic Torch.....Never went out, and The Snowman......every response "Its no my job"

30 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

My old job before teaching we had a 

Plissken.....She was a snake who could not be trusted at all and would quietly noise up management if she thought you had done something wrong.

Morrie .....She wouldn't shut the **** up.

BAFTA.....Big Arse ****ing Terrible Attitude 

My old man had a few colleagues in the police with nice names such as the Olympic Torch.....Never went out, and The Snowman......every response "Its no my job"

I used to know a guy who’s behind his back nickname was rusty musket. ****ing useless but you couldn’t fire him. 

14 hours ago, whodanny said:

Old guy who lived near us when I was a kid was totally bald but with a huge bushy beard. Known as "upside doon heid"

Still call people this... not to their faces mind 

When i worked night shift in Tesco years ago we called our department manager Peperami as he looked like the pererami man.

Also an other guy who worked in the department got called Camel breath, you didn't want to go within 10 feet of him.

Edited by Sir Craig Gordon

Knew a guy who was a total show off about everything he had or done!!

always had to be better than everyone.

his nickname was” eleven a reef “

if you’d been to Tenerife he’d been to eleven a reef 

This one isn’t very pc

The place I worked years ago joined up with another department and we had lots of new faces.

one guy looked like he had Down’s syndrome and his nickname was NAM 

it was a wee while later after calling this guy by his nickname I eventually found out it’s meaning!!!😱😱

Nearly A M***O 

I P Knightley

This one wouldn't be deemed offensive but I still like it.

A colleague who after 4 or 5 pints would go on a rant which took in everything that had caught his displeasure over the past few days/weeks/months earned the nickname, ANNA. As in, "An' another thing..."

I have another pal whose surname is Fairclough, so he could have been Cloughie or he could have been Fairy. I went with the latter and was cheerfully calling him that for months and months. One evening, ANNA looked at me in horror when I said, "See ya, Fairy" and revealed to me that he (Fairy) was in the process of coming out. Wasn't my fault. :blush:

3 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Guy I knew Davy got called Peas and Gravy (Its a common one in the east knowing a few peas and gravy's ) 😂 its phased itself out just goes with Peas now. In his mid 30s and going with the nickname still Peas. 

I knew a Davy who also got Peas 'n' gravy, however, this eventually morphed into pea-brain. If you ever spoke to him you'd soon realise why.

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Still call people this... not to their faces mind 

You'd certainly not say it this guy, he might have been a bit older, but still looked like a powerful guy. He also, apparently had a very short fuse when he'd had a few bevvies.

I used to work with a girl with the surname Hunter, who got called Munter, after someone had visited her at home and saw that her TV licence, on a corkboard in the kitchen, had a typo.

14 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

I used to work with a girl with the surname Hunter, who got called Munter, after someone had visited her at home and saw that her TV licence, on a corkboard in the kitchen, had a typo.

To be fair it could have been worse. :whistling:

56 minutes ago, whodanny said:

You'd certainly not say it this guy, he might have been a bit older, but still looked like a powerful guy. He also, apparently had a very short fuse when he'd had a few bevvies.

You're mates with Stone Cold Steve Austin aint you?

10 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Oi! I've shaken hands with that man. I was only wearing briefs at the time, too...

Was that before or after Jimmy Savile made your dream of milking a cow blindfolded true?

On 16/11/2021 at 15:38, Morgan said:

Yes, it was worn on one leg, or both sometimes.  I think that sadly, it had some connection to Polio.

Good pal of mine at school had to wear a caliper. He had got Polio as a young child. There was also another boy at school who had one as well. 

My pal Peter didn't let it keep him back and the teacher hated him because he was such a cheeky wee scamp. 😁

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Was that before or after Jimmy Savile made your dream of milking a cow blindfolded true?

:nojustno:

15 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Good pal of mine at school had to wear a caliper. He had got Polio as a young child. There was also another boy at school who had one as well. 

My pal Peter didn't let it keep him back and the teacher hated him because he was such a cheeky wee scamp. 😁

I too had a friend at school who had to wear one.  By some folk, he was treated as though he was mentally ill and sadly, he was mocked for it.

Children can be awfy cruel, Dug.  :sad: 

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Speaking of Jeremy when he passed away it was decided that his funeral would be on a compost heap. 

In the Spring he would make an appearance on a new TV Show "Watch Out, Beadle's A Sprout"

His funeral was set for 1pm on the Church Clock. The big hand was at 12 and the little hand was at 1.

For funeral catering they had a small finger buffet.

The original plan was to cremate Jeremy, film it and release it as a TV show called "you've been flamed"

All true ! Sadly Jeremy's career  came to an end in the digital age.

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

You're mates with Stone Cold Steve Austin aint you?

Not mates as such. Aquaintances more like. 😉