• Maroon Sailor

• jam doughnut

• Mikey1874

• Stu_HMFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

The people who you really don’t want to owe money to. 

Nope - they don't go away

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

It was very telling that the first thing we did was pay them off, Rangers didn’t and continued to have issues with them and multiple court cases. 

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Following a rule change in January, HMRC are now classed as a preferential creditor.

They will most likely come to an agreement to have what they’re due paid off over a number of years as to call it all in at once runs the higher risk of receiving nothing. 

5 of Derby’s starting 11 today came through their academy-something the previous owner does deserve credit for. 

In a league short of quality where anyone can beat anyone, Derby’s mix of youngsters and journeymen are hanging in there. Just imagine if they pulled off the Great Escape-the EFL would spontaneously combust.

Next up for them is Mitrovic who is probably licking his lips in anticipation. 

As it turned out, Mitrovic didn’t fancy it. -21 points, bottom of the league, slow boat to relegation but just taken 4 points off the high flying top two. Fair play. 

For anyone saying Souttar would find it a challenge in the English Championship never mind the EPL. Really? 

On 21/11/2021 at 07:45, jam doughnut said:

Overall, Derby owe £65million. Mainly HMRC, paying back a £20m loan, outstanding transfer and agent fees. 

They also owe their main fans forum £4k in unpaid advertising. 

To add to the mix, Middlesbrough have apparently submitted a £45m compensation claim to the club on basis that if Derby hadn’t been breaking the rules, Boro would have got the play off spot instead in 2019. Wycombe have also apparently claimed compensation of £6m for loss of revenue due to their relegation. Never a dull day. 

Interesting final paragraph. You wonder why some Scottish clubs didn’t attempt something similar prior to RFC’s liquidation?

Malinga the Swinga

No reason for Derby to worry, even if they go into liquidation. They can just rename club Derby County and carry in as before. As long as they get their story in early and carry on lying, press & media accept they are same as before.

That's what happened here.

4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No reason for Derby to worry, even if they go into liquidation. They can just rename club Derby County and carry in as before. As long as they get their story in early and carry on lying, press & media accept they are same as before.

That's what happened here.

The Derby County, surely?

• 1 month later...
On 21/11/2021 at 12:24, Tazio said:

It was very telling that the first thing we did was pay them off, Rangers didn’t and continued to have issues with them and multiple court cases. 

We didn’t pay them. They weren’t the major creditor we had and they had to accept the CVA.

Pretty sure that’s right ?

11 minutes ago, H2 said:

And now, the end is near.....

Probably fancies his chances beating Newcastle to promotion in next season's Championship....

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Probably fancies his chances beating Newcastle to promotion in next season's Championship....

Every chance of that but only if Derby stay up 

22 hours ago, frankblack said:

More likely to fancy his chances of an asset strip.

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, H2 said:

Can only be the reason for a him getting involved in another football club.

Byyy The Light
13 minutes ago, H2 said:

I think Ashley gets a hard time. His business methods can sometimes be questionable to say the least but he operates within the law.

He gets a hard time from Newcastle fans but ultimately he’s been proved right and ran the business very well. You’ve got clubs in hundreds of millions of debt chasing the Premier league coin and Ashley refused to get involved in that game. 

If I was a Derby fan I’d be ok with him taking over. Would feel confident the club will stay in existence. He’ll get them functioning and try and sell for a profit. 

9 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I think Ashley gets a hard time. His business methods can sometimes be questionable to say the least but he operates within the law.

He gets a hard time from Newcastle fans but ultimately he’s been proved right and ran the business very well. You’ve got clubs in hundreds of millions of debt chasing the Premier league coin and Ashley refused to get involved in that game. 

If I was a Derby fan I’d be ok with him taking over. Would feel confident the club will stay in existence. He’ll get them functioning and try and sell for a profit. 

And how would you feel if he was taking over Hearts?

Byyy The Light
8 minutes ago, H2 said:

And how would you feel if he was taking over Hearts?

At this moment in time I wouldn’t want him.

Post Romanov if FOH didn’t exist or after Robinson, I would take him for sure.

Derby are absolutely ****ed. Wasn’t Mike Ashley that did that to them. If he sniffs a profit from a historic big name in English football then fair play to him.  He doesn’t mess much up. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mike Astley keeping busy. Its reported he's taking the new Newcastle owners to court. 

he is never gonna give it up

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Mike Astley keeping busy. Its reported he's taking the new Newcastle owners to court. 

Why? Are they getting cold feet now they have seen how utterly shit they are?  Cambridge - oh dear. :rofl:

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Why? Are they getting cold feet now they have seen how utterly shit they are?  Cambridge - oh dear. :rofl:

When they took down the Sports Direct advertising at the stadium, I did wonder if they had checked all the contracts.

But it's not clear yet the reasons.

Maroon Sailor

Top class journalism from Craig Hope again.

Ashley is taking legal action but he doesn't know what about

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

He'll get a profit if they get in to the PL

They'll have to spend money on good enough players and he's not known for dipping in to his own pockets for that.

2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

At this moment in time I wouldn’t want him.

Post Romanov if FOH didn’t exist or after Robinson, I would take him for sure.

Derby are absolutely ****ed. Wasn’t Mike Ashley that did that to them. If he sniffs a profit from a historic big name in English football then fair play to him.  He doesn’t mess much up. 

My mate is a Derby fan and he's ok with Ashley rather than the Spanish guy who was going to buy them pre admin. He can't stand the man but he knows he'll get them run properly again. It might take a long time though.

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He'll get a profit if they get in to the PL

They'll have to spend money on good enough players and he's not known for dipping in to his own pockets for that.

He will put his hand in his pocket if it makes Commercial sense to get better players. He’ll not do a Chelsea or Man City and chuck unlimited funds at it. He’ll just do it a bit like we are at the moment and very gradually upgrade the squad bit by bit.

1 hour ago, alanjambo said:

My mate is a Derby fan and he's ok with Ashley rather than the Spanish guy who was going to buy them pre admin. He can't stand the man but he knows he'll get them run properly again. It might take a long time though.

I think that’s the view I’d take in his position. Don’t have to like the guy but if he does the business and gets them back running well it’s worth it in the long run. Better the devil you know and all that. 

There’s no doubt Ashley is a divisive figure but Newcastle were a financial basket case when he took over and he halted that and got them in a financially stable place. The biggest problem was years of crap managers so when they did spend money it tended to be on the wrong players. 

The bottom line is that Ashley left Newcastle in a much better financial position than many owners leave clubs in. My impression is that PR is not his strong point and I think that in truth a lot of the animosity from Newcastle fans towards him can be explained by his failings on that front. But in terms of his running of the club, you do wonder what Newcastle fans expected of him. Even if Ashley was prepared to throw more of his own money at the club, it's unlikely that would have made much of a difference. Look at the money the likes of Everton and Man U have spent in recent times for very little tangible return in terms of results. With the crazy amounts of money being thrown about down south, it's never been easier to burn through a few hundred million with very little to show for it.

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, stirlo said:

The bottom line is that Ashley left Newcastle in a much better financial position than many owners leave clubs in. My impression is that PR is not his strong point and I think that in truth a lot of the animosity from Newcastle fans towards him can be explained by his failings on that front. But in terms of his running of the club, you do wonder what Newcastle fans expected of him. Even if Ashley was prepared to throw more of his own money at the club, it's unlikely that would have made much of a difference. Look at the money the likes of Everton and Man U have spent in recent times for very little tangible return in terms of results. With the crazy amounts of money being thrown about down south, it's never been easier to burn through a few hundred million with very little to show for it.

He doesn't know how to run a football club.

Derby will see him as some kind of saviour though. That'll be the only good thing about Ashley taking over.

jam doughnut
45 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He doesn't know how to run a football club.

Derby will see him as some kind of saviour though. That'll be the only good thing about Ashley taking over.

Unfortunately for Derby fans neither did their previous owner. At least Ashley didn’t keep breaching FFP/ Profit and Sustainability and walk away putting the club into administration. 

All things considered, hardly surprising that Derby fans will see him as a saviour if he saves them from going pop. Beggars can’t be choosers. 

Ashley is an astute businessman who appears able and willing to take on through the courts anyone who jeopardises his investments. Another apparent attraction for Derby fans who want the owners of Boro and Wycombe put back in their boxes c/w their compensation claims. 

11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

11 hours ago, milky_26 said:

he is never gonna give it up

My word 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼