Pope Francis statement

JudyJudyJudy

2 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Are you really a Hearts supporter? Have you ever been on a train back from an away game? 

Exactly Especially on away train coming back.  Appalling really. Hence a reason i hardly go to away games. Was thinking about Motherwell on Saturday but unsure. 

9 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly Especially on away train coming back.  Appalling really. Hence a reason i hardly go to away games. Was thinking about Motherwell on Saturday but unsure. 

Bigoted and racist stuff from our fans is embarrassing. I do find it incredible that supporters cite it as a reason, or part reason, not to go though. It's at it's lowest level that I can remember and I've been going since the eighties.

McGlynn The Money
11 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Exactly. His argument seems to be not to get hung up on the anti-Catholic bigotry because they also sing racist and anti-Semitic stuff. Quite bizarre.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Bigoted and racist stuff from our fans is embarrassing. I do find it incredible that supporters cite it as a reason, or part reason, not to go though. It's at it's lowest level that I can remember and I've been going since the eighties.

I find it embarrassing and uncomfortable if tarred with the same brush if sitting on the train with any of that mob. 

3 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Exactly. His argument seems to be not to get hung up on the anti-Catholic bigotry because they also sing racist and anti-Semitic stuff. Quite bizarre.

Yes its rather an odd perspective.  This issue is still very much with HMFC and as i said very noticeable and loud with the away support. 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I find it embarrassing and uncomfortable if tarred with the same brush if sitting on the train with any of that mob. 

I hardly think it tars you with the same brush. It's only opposition fans who kid on they think all hearts fans are like that. Did you start going to games in the last ten or fifteen years? No idea how old you are obviously.

Jeffros Furios
13 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

You seem to equate Scottish society being anti Catholic and anti Iirsh due to some  muppets signing on a train .

Good attempt fella .

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

You seem to equate Scottish society being anti Catholic and anti Iirsh due to some  muppets signing on a train .

Good attempt fella .

Not what I'm saying at all but you can interpret it however you wish, nowt I can do about it.

Allinson's, bread wi nowt taken out.

Thank you.

Take the car the next time

Its obviously way to much for you when hearing fans singing certain songs

3 hours ago, Drew Wallace said:

Take the car the next time

Its obviously way to much for you when hearing fans singing certain songs

Why should i? Maybe they should stop singing vile bigoted songs ?  It would also not offend the other non football travellers on the train....

Edited by JamesM48

McGlynn The Money
5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Why should i? Maybe they should stop singing vile bigoted songs ?  It would also not offend the other non football travellers on the train....

Well said. Another thing that bothers me is what it does to the club's reputation when the minority of our fans sing all that pish.

Jeffros Furios
2 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Well said. Another thing that bothers me is what it does to the club's reputation when the minority of our fans sing all that pish.

:awlove:

The Hogfather

It's always a good laugh when people who claim to not go to away games talk about fans behaviour at away games. Always want to over-exaggerate any issues that exist amongst a few wee ******s.

20 minutes ago, luckydug said:

🎣

I cant work out what that is meant to signify. IM assuming its not flattering. 

45 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

It's always a good laugh when people who claim to not go to away games talk about fans behaviour at away games. Always want to over-exaggerate any issues that exist amongst a few wee ******s.

Bang on mate

There was a poster on here recently saying he stopped going to away games yrs  ago  as he had lost  the plot and the amount of times he had confronted certain supporters 

Yet not one ounce of evidence

Where or when and the out come

Think it it just suited his agenda  and for me BS

The Hogfather
15 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Bang on mate

There was a poster on here recently saying he stopped going to away games yrs  ago  as he had lost  the plot and the amount of times he had confronted certain supporters 

We did Tannadice, Ibrox and County on the train and somehow missed the riots on the trains home. It's almost as if a handful of young lads are pretty easy to avoid if you want to. It's just another convenient excuse for people who, in all honesty, can't be arsed travelling outside the EH postcode to watch Hearts.

Doctor FinnBarr
On 17/11/2021 at 15:32, JamesM48 said:

Nowadays I travel by supporters bus to both home and away games but I used to use the train for both. Lets take away to Partick for example, trains going to Glasgow are fine as the support is fragmented. Getting onto an Edinburgh train on the way home at Queen Street is a nightmare with the tea towel brigade heading home too. Only too willing to abuse anyone and anybody.

Doctor FinnBarr
On 15/11/2021 at 18:52, Maple Leaf said:

In the 19th and 20th centuries, the Canadian government implemented a system of residential schools.  Indigenous children were removed from their families and placed in those residential schools, most of which were run by Catholic priests and nuns.  Thousands of those children died from physical and sexual abuse, neglect, and disease and were dumped into unmarked graves. The latest count is over 4,000, but that number will certainly rise as the search for more graves is ongoing.

The Canadian government has apologised to the Indigenous people for its role in this horror story.  The Catholic Church has not apologised.  Several requests for an apology have been made directly to the Pope, but he has not replied.

You won't find many people in Canada who would agree that the Pope is a compassionate man.

My maternal grandfather left me a leather bound book when he died in the early 80s, "50 years in the Church of Rome". Book? More like a tome, took me a full year to read. It was about a Canadian RC priest during the American Civil War who detailed the amount of money the Vatican was giving the Confederate states and how they were trying to link Lincoln with a whore. Priest ended up joining the Orange Order.

No bloody idea what happened to that book/tome, most likely launched it after having a drink.

17 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Religion ia an absolute crock of shite. 

If people want to believe in religion, I have problem.

Unfortunately, Scotland has a ridiculous problem with bigotry through Rangers and Celtic.

33 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Unfortunately, Scotland has a ridiculous problem with bigotry through Rangers and Celtic.

I can't take anyone that lives their life according to a fairytale seriously tbh. It's like 1 century cosplay. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I can't take anyone that lives their life according to a fairytale seriously tbh. It's like 1 century cosplay. 

Would rather have the fairytale mob than ****ian/orange b***ards living their lives on Irish politics.🥺

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Would rather have the fairytale mob than ****ian/orange b***ards living their lives on Irish politics.🥺

Historically, it has more to do with Scotland than it has to do with Ireland tbf. They were just left with the legacy which is continued through the vessel of two clubs. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Sectarian bigotry has been allowed to thrive in Scotland 

On 17/11/2021 at 22:11, Drew Wallace said:

Bang on mate

What kind of evidence does he need to provide you? And why? Who the **** are you to demand to see such evidence? 

Everyone who has travelled with Hearts knows it happens. To pretend otherwise isn't clever. 

8 hours ago, Savage Vince said:

Sectarian bigotry has been allowed to thrive in Scotland 

What kind of evidence does he need to provide you? And why? Who the **** are you to demand to see such evidence? 

Everyone who has travelled with Hearts knows it happens. To pretend otherwise isn't clever. 

WTF are you like

I now it happen with some travelling Hearts fans that was never in doubt

My take is if you are gonny post stuff 

Least back it up

Nope nothing just a post to to suit  his opinion 

Edited by Drew Wallace

2 hours ago, Drew Wallace said:

WTF are you like

I now it happen with some travelling Hearts fans that was never in doubt

My take is if you are gonny post stuff 

Least back it up

Nope nothing just a post to to suit  his opinion