Liverpool terror attack

Naisys Tackle

9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

No surprise that our good old government are quick to stress fears about hate crime reprisals and not actually address the desperate situation of yet again we have failed the public with who we have let into our country.  I know people will short circuit and shake their fists in rage as I have hinted at the 'I' word but it is time we grow up and start debating this very hot topic as adults.

Maybe to some extent who we let in. Also about who we allow to stay.

Refused asylum 2014 and lost appeal in 2017 but still here. It's also reported the 'conversion to Christianity' may have been for his immigration application. 

UK not coping with those who come here. 

Edited by Mikey1874

People are in denial and they need to wake up. I am certain that upon hearing about this latest attack if they are honest they knew deep down that once the names of the terrorists were made public it was not going to be names like John Smith or Mark Jones. Of course they will come on platforms like this and tell us otherwise, but they knew deep down.

I just hope the next attack (oh and there most certainly will be) is not someone that they love.

37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe to some extent who we let in. Also about who we allow to stay.

Refused asylum 2014 and lost appeal in 2017 but still here. It's also reported the 'conversion to Christianity' may have been for his immigration application. 

UK not coping with those who come here. 

tells you all you need to know why the daily hundreds are in the boats departing the Calais area. 

highlandjambo3
9 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

People are in denial and they need to wake up. I am certain that upon hearing about this latest attack if they are honest they knew deep down that once the names of the terrorists were made public it was not going to be names like John Smith or Mark Jones. Of course they will come on platforms like this and tell us otherwise, but they knew deep down.

I just hope the next attack (oh and there most certainly will be) is not someone that they love.

There lays the problem as well.  

If people are not directly effected then it’s only a news report on the tv.  When the German Luftwaffe were dropping bombs on our cities people were effected, curtains over windows, bomb shelters in their gardens, curfews, rationing etc……now any conflict is a mere news channel coverage story that people can have a quick scan over just before they head off to work, mouth full of toast and coffee.  God forbid any terror incident or conflict footage that’s reported on the same time as east Enders starts, no one will know anything.  

There is a reason that the news is on at 6pm with nothing significant on any other Chanel.

SectionDJambo

There's no guarantee that things would have been so different, but in my opinion the UK should never have got involved in the, so called, Arab Spring. Invading Middle East countries and influencing internal revolution within others was all the rage at one time. Those dictators, despicable though they were, kept a lid on the Pandora's Box of multiple religions and tribes within their country. The experience of Yugoslavia, after Tito died, should have been a clue as to what might happen.

Once the west allowed that box to be opened, amid a great fanfare, and without any foresight or planning, it was assumed that the population of those countries would enjoy democracy, something they had never experienced before and had no idea how to achieve it peacefully. All that happened was that a void was created where constant conflict ensued, resulting in the displacement of thousands of people trying to escape the violence. Did the leaders of the west really think that all would be good when we tried to impose our way of life, which has taken years to develop, on a people with no experience of anything other than being strictly controlled? Or did the west just want some oil supplies, and didn't really care about those people?

Now we have a situation which the UK is culpable of being partly responsible for, but thinks that the English Channel should be a natural barrier against us sufferering any fallout from our previous actions. Brexit was going to keep them all out, but if anything has made the situation worse, because the French don't give a hoot to what the British think or want anymore. They had to at least appear to cooperate before, whereas now they don't even need to pretend to try.

All in my humble opinion.

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

There's no guarantee that things would have been so different, but in my opinion the UK should never have got involved in the, so called, Arab Spring. Invading Middle East countries and influencing internal revolution within others was all the rage at one time. Those dictators, despicable though they were, kept a lid on the Pandora's Box of multiple religions and tribes within their country. The experience of Yugoslavia, after Tito died, should have been a clue as to what might happen.

Once the west allowed that box to be opened, amid a great fanfare, and without any foresight or planning, it was assumed that the population of those countries would enjoy democracy, something they had never experienced before and had no idea how to achieve it peacefully. All that happened was that a void was created where constant conflict ensued, resulting in the displacement of thousands of people trying to escape the violence. Did the leaders of the west really think that all would be good when we tried to impose our way of life, which has taken years to develop, on a people with no experience of anything other than being strictly controlled? Or did the west just want some oil supplies, and didn't really care about those people?

Now we have a situation which the UK is culpable of being partly responsible for, but thinks that the English Channel should be a natural barrier against us sufferering any fallout from our previous actions. Brexit was going to keep them all out, but if anything has made the situation worse, because the French don't give a hoot to what the British think or want anymore. They had to at least appear to cooperate before, whereas now they don't even need to pretend to try.

All in my humble opinion.

As did the Sultan's, Caliph's and dictators who preceded them in the centuries before we came along and opened the box up.

It was all there in the history books why these countries were ruled by brutal hard men, but the West ignored all of that.

The whole post is pretty much spot on, imo.