Liverpool terror attack

Naisys Tackle

Naisys Tackle

Seems the nut job wanted to run into the Liverpool woman’s hospital at 11am on the dot and let off his device.

Taxi drivers quick thinking seems to have saved a lot today. 

Hero. 

47 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Seems like such a bizarre target. Bizzare. 

Presumably viewed as a soft target. 

Or the perpetrators have a problem with women accessing health care. 

49 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Seems like such a bizarre target. Bizzare. 

It doesn't seem to have been the target. Taxi driver clocked something was up and took him there and locked him in. 

26 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

It doesn't seem to have been the target. Taxi driver clocked something was up and took him there and locked him in. 

Didn't realise that. 

SectionDJambo

That taxi driver seems to have saved many lives and prevented others from suffering life changing injuries.

Presumably, he was asked to go there by the character he picked up. It’s just madness.

9 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

If its not London, the media don't care sadly.

Liverpool is a bit like Scotland the rest of England don't really care! and like you said if its not London it doesn't really matter. 

Not having a go at some posters but how come they know what the driver did and why? Please tell me they aren't going by posts on twitter/Facebook. 

Carl Fredrickson

From reading news reports I assume the taxi driver has realised something wasnt quite right with his fare. Might be something the passenger has said or done. IMO the target would have been a remembrance service (due to the time of the incident). If the driver crashed to avoid loss of lives then the guy is a genuine hero. I wonder if the houses searched were already being monitored or as a result of where the fare was from. 

Sure things will come out in the next few days.

52 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Not having a go at some posters but how come they know what the driver did and why? Please tell me they aren't going by posts on twitter/Facebook. 

Sky News reporting that the driver pulled up and seconds later the bomb went off. He then was able to run out the car.

They then in the same article have a quote from Mayor of Liverpool that the driver had gotten out and locked the doors.

By alla counts he must have suffered minor injuries as he is now back home.

I know it isn't even remotely funny but the is something a bit Four Lions about getting a taxi to carry out a bomb attack. Didn't he have an extremist mate who could give him a lift? 

Just seen a video of this incident on the news. Unbelievable that the driver was still driving at the time the bomb goes off and the driver then jumps out the car and runs away 

How he jumped out the car and wasn’t killed is a Miracle 

The taxi driver is a real hero.  Not like some of those clowns at the Remembrance service yesterday with their chocolate medals pinned on their jackets.  ( i mean some of the Royals)   The driver is the real deal and I hope he gets well rewarded in some way for his real bravery. 

The Old Tolbooth

Absolutely incredible how he managed to walk away from that explosion there, wow! This guy deserves all the plaudits that's coming his way, absolute hero!

Also, am I the only one who thought the guy running at the end was gonna nick the red car? :ninja:

I P Knightley
16 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Also, am I the only one who thought the guy running at the end was gonna nick the red car? :ninja:

Racist!

:biglaugh:

5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Sky News reporting that the driver pulled up and seconds later the bomb went off. He then was able to run out the car.

They then in the same article have a quote from Mayor of Liverpool that the driver had gotten out and locked the doors.

By alla counts he must have suffered minor injuries as he is now back home.

Was that intentional?  Please tell me it wasn't. 😀

Edited by Lemongrab

highlandjambo3
5 hours ago, theshed said:

Just seen a video of this incident on the news. Unbelievable that the driver was still driving at the time the bomb goes off and the driver then jumps out the car and runs away 

How he jumped out the car and wasn’t killed is a Miracle 

My tuppence worth…….

Any premium grade explosive would have taken this car apart even a small 1Kg size charge, killing all occupants inside instantly and, potential fragments of the car would fly about killing or injuring people in the local area, the doors would be off and, there would have been a brief orange flash.  High explosives (HE) think of the term “high velocity” the immediate shock wave would have caved in any glass windows within close proximity, with the exception of reinforced/toughened glass.  None of the windows close by were blown in.

This was NOT a high explosive detonation or, if it was a partial detonation I.e. a booster charge to ignite the HE then only the booster detonated and not the HE.

I don’t know any more than that but, I can guess the ignition was risky* and the bomber was a complete amateur.  

* Risky ignition, just think of a small 9v square battery in one hand, the type found in smoke detectors and, the double cap connector with the negative & positive terminals in the other hand, all you need to do to complete the circuit is connect both together, very simple.  The bomber may have had both items in each hand too close to each other and when the driver braked terminals and battery connected…..boom…….I’m guessing here.

Also of note, on detonation (or partial detonation) there is instantly a large volume of what appears to be white smoke…..this is highly likely to be the failed part of the explosives device ( a lot of explosives are granulated).  The vehicle caught fire a short period afterwords due to simple fuel line ruptures and some source of ignition.

This is what would be termed in the military as a misfire.

FYI the safe distance for observing any charge which is in contact with metal is 1000m.

manaliveits105

What with Glasgow airport John Smeaton - the mad convict on London Bridge and now the Liverpool taxi driver the terrorists must be ppissed off getting set aboot in the UK when they try their crap 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

What with Glasgow airport John Smeaton - the mad convict on London Bridge and now the Liverpool taxi driver the terrorists must be ppissed off getting set aboot in the UK when they try their crap 

You forgot Roy Larner 😑

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

I think the boys at Glasgow airport that actually did a bit are more pissed off at Smeaton than the terrorists were. 

3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

My tuppence worth…….

Any premium grade explosive would have taken this car apart even a small 1Kg size charge, killing all occupants inside instantly and, potential fragments of the car would fly about killing or injuring people in the local area, the doors would be off and, there would have been a brief orange flash.  High explosives (HE) think of the term “high velocity” the immediate shock wave would have caved in any glass windows within close proximity, with the exception of reinforced/toughened glass.  None of the windows close by were blown in.

This was NOT a high explosive detonation or, if it was a partial detonation I.e. a booster charge to ignite the HE then only the booster detonated and not the HE.

I don’t know any more than that but, I can guess the ignition was risky* and the bomber was a complete amateur.  

* Risky ignition, just think of a small 9v square battery in one hand, the type found in smoke detectors and, the double cap connector with the negative & positive terminals in the other hand, all you need to do to complete the circuit is connect both together, very simple.  The bomber may have had both items in each hand too close to each other and when the driver braked terminals and battery connected…..boom…….I’m guessing here.

Also of note, on detonation (or partial detonation) there is instantly a large volume of what appears to be white smoke…..this is highly likely to be the failed part of the explosives device ( a lot of explosives are granulated).  The vehicle caught fire a short period afterwords due to simple fuel line ruptures and some source of ignition.

FYI the safe distance for observing any charge which is in contact with metal is 1000m.

Aye, that was the opinion of a few explosives experts that were interviewed.    So it could have been much, much worse.  Even the explosion that took place could have done considerable damage, especially to the driver - very much a heroic act on his part.       Unconfirmed reports that the guy was NOT  known to  MI5 - possibly a loner.

12 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

The footage doesn't fit with the story that the taxi driver locked the boy in the car before the bomb went off. Either way the driver has had a very lucky escape.

7 hours ago, His name is said:

The footage doesn't fit with the story that the taxi driver locked the boy in the car before the bomb went off. Either way the driver has had a very lucky escape.

Nope. His wife has been on social media saying there are a lot of rumours kicking about. 

Mac_fae_Gillie
9 hours ago, His name is said:

Taxis have locks on the rear doors to stop punters doing a runner which are controlled from the front. So for now I take it he drove into the Hospitals entrance puts locks on and just as he stops and opens his door bomb goes off, lucky for him his door been slightly opened meant the blast in his direction had an exit thus he didn't get the full brunt of it. But I accept the stories that came out originally may have been misheard/misunderstood by those that stated them.

16 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

My tuppence worth…….

Thanks for this post. I was a bit baffled (and pleased) at how the taxi driver survived and this gives me some undrstanding.

Named as Emad Al Swealmeen a 32 yr old asylum seeker from the Middle East, who had converted from Islam to Christianity in 2017, he was also known to have mental health issues and had previously been sectioned under the mental health act concerning his behaviour with a knife.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-59301708

No surprise that our good old government are quick to stress fears about hate crime reprisals and not actually address the desperate situation of yet again we have failed the public with who we have let into our country.  I know people will short circuit and shake their fists in rage as I have hinted at the 'I' word but it is time we grow up and start debating this very hot topic as adults.

3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No surprise that our good old government are quick to stress fears about hate crime reprisals and not actually address the desperate situation of yet again we have failed the public with who we have let into our country.  I know people will short circuit and shake their fists in rage as I have hinted at the 'I' word but it is time we grow up and start debating this very hot topic as adults.

Let's debate then. Three out of the four suicide bombers in the London July 7th attacks were born and grew up in the UK. The fourth was born in Jamaica. 

Where does that fit in your thinking ?

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Let's debate then. Three out of the four suicide bombers in the London July 7th attacks were born and grew up in the UK. The fourth was born in Jamaica. 

Where does that fit in your thinking ?

Hundreds of terror attacks and you cite one.

There was a common denominator with them and that was the ideology they followed.  It is simply not compatible with our way of life.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hundreds of terror attacks and you cite one.

There was a common denominator with them and that was the ideology they followed.  It is simply not compatible with our way of lifethen.

Nothing to do with immigration then.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Nothing to do with immigration then.

Course it is, how else did the ideology get into our society?

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Course it is, how else did the ideology get into our society?

Islam has been practiced in Britain for hundreds of years. Topically, as we have just had Remembrance Sunday, many Muslims fought for Britain in the two World wars, some receiving the highest honour available, the VC.

Terrorism has been around a lot longer..the definition of that, covering probably thousands of years. 

Try reading !

11 minutes ago, Boab said:

Islam has been practiced in Britain for hundreds of years. Topically, as we have just had Remembrance Sunday, many Muslims fought for Britain in the two World wars, some receiving the highest honour available, the VC.

Terrorism has been around a lot longer..the definition of that, covering probably thousands of years. 

Try reading !

Please don't patronise me Boab.

I am all for immigration but strictly and only if it is legal, vetted and documented immigration with the right people coming in.  This is to say people who will better us as a country, embrace our values and adapt to our way of life.  

We seem to be changing to adapt to people coming in to the country ways of life and it is wrong.

Approx 1.5 billion followers of Islam in this world and estimates state 1/4 of them believe in jihad.  That is near 400 million people.  This is a country larger than America filled with people wanting to destroy the way we live our lives.

I don't see many terror attacks commited by Chinese, Dutch, Spanish, South Africans, Australians, New Zealanders, South Koreans, Americans, Italians, Scandinavians, Polish, Carribbean people or Indians etc.  They tend to come with the best intentions and contribute greatly to our society.  So why are we allowing so many of the 400K in to our country?

Edited by i8hibsh

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I am all for immigration but strictly and only if it is legal, vetted and documented immigration with the right people coming in.  This is to say people who will better us as a country, embrace our values and adapt to our way of life.  

We seem to be changing to adapt to people coming in to the country ways of life and it is wrong.

Approx 1.5 billion followers of Islam in this world and estimates state 1/4 of them believe in jihad.  That is near 400 million people.  This is a country larger than America filled with people wanting to destroy the way we live our lives.

I don't see many terror attacks commited by Chinese, Dutch, Spanish, South Africans, Australians, New Zealanders, South Koreans, Americans, Italians, Scandinavians, Polish, Carribbean people or Indians etc.  They tend to come with the best intentions and contribute greatly to our society.  So why are we allowing so many of the 400K in to our country?

I stopped at the “ right people “, no point in continuing !

Islam is not a nationality.

Oh, and this guy converted to Christianity !

Edited by Boab

27 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Clearly missed the rugby on Saturday then.