What was your last vinyl record you bought?

Angel eyes

No meaning up-to-date rehashed stuff but before CDs, down loads, streaming the Saturday afternoon independent record store or Woolies we your pocket money…….7860-C06-A-45-A0-48-B3-8572-44-C8843064-

👍

Appetite was released on CD, tape, and Vinyl.

I bought it around release on vinyl with the original cover, not the one shown in the OP.

I also got Lies and Metallica's ...And Justice For All on vinyl at the time.

However I started out with cassettes and didn't own my own record player until later and by then it had a CD Player so switched over to CDs.

CDs are still my preference because I can transfer directly to FLAC files and put on my computer or phone to play back.

Can't remember exactly. It would have been something like The Stone Roses, Humanoid Stakker or I remember getting a brilliant compilation album called North : sound of the underground. That was my first copy of Voodoo Ray.

I left my records at my parents house and they didn't survive a house move. Gutted.

Must have moved to CDs around that time as I think by the time of Screamadelica (91?) I had it on CD. Although just recently bought the vinyl reissue for my teenage daughter. 

Not a clue as it was a long time ago. Appetite For Destruction would have been one of the last ones though. I've still got it with the original sleeve and it still gets played. 

5 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

No meaning up-to-date rehashed stuff but before CDs, down loads, streaming the Saturday afternoon independent record store or Woolies we your pocket money…….7860-C06-A-45-A0-48-B3-8572-44-C8843064-

👍

That was my first CD funny enough

Brother in arms Dire straits was my last vinyl (I think)

scott herbertson

I think it was this, in 1980

To Keep from Crying - Wikipedia

after hearing it at a friend's house

or this 

image.jpeg.e5cc63dab79bfcc2d7f837a92ed212cb.jpeg

the first was definitely this (for my mum when I was 7)

image.jpeg.278c82cc8e596e690ea78cbb3862739f.jpeg

Edited by scott herbertson

Remember buying it from an old record store near Haymarket for £30, thinking I'd got myself a bargain...played it once and my record player broke down. 😐🤣

The_Charlatans_(U.S._band_album).jpg

Would have been a rave 12" from that record shop that used to be on the 3rd floor of that shop at the bottom of Castle Street (I think). It was 25 years ago. 

Probably master of puppets or appetite for destruction for me. I mostly bought tapes towards the late 80’s as I knew I was about to join the RAF and be moving around a lot. Switched to CDs in 91 or 92.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Would have been a rave 12" from that record shop that used to be on the 3rd floor of that shop at the bottom of Castle Street (I think). It was 25 years ago. 

Sounds

48 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Still buy vinyl on a regular basis. Last purchase was the Kid A/Amnesiac box set. 

As do I but have you always done it and never stopped for CDs at any point? I think that was the point of the OP. 

Recent reissue of Echo and the Bunnymen "crocodiles". 

Prior to that, Manic Street Preachers "the ultra vivid lament". 

And I've ordered the Hipsway album. 

I've defo fallen in to the trap of buying vinyl despite subscribing to Spotify. 

But... After reading the original post properly... 

TALK TALK - the spirit of eden

Edited by CF11JamTart

the Hearts way
4 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

After this (1983) my record player broke and it was tapes until the mid 90s when I got a CD player.

Ac-dc_Flick_of_the_Switch.JPG

My first vinyl was ' Musical youth'

Pass the duche on the left hand side. 

Most vinyl bought never gets opened never mind played nowadays.

Interesting article here on the record company forgetting the CD sales when slavering over the vinyl sales of the new Abba album, which they sell at more than twice the price. 🤔

https://superdeluxeedition.com/feature/saturday-deluxe-13-november-2021/

• 148,471 copies sold on CD
  • 29,891 copies sold on vinyl
  • 4,205 copies sold on cassette

3 hours ago, Tazio said:

As do I but have you always done it and never stopped for CDs at any point? I think that was the point of the OP. 

I dabbled briefly when I had a Discman, but quickly binned that when MiniDiscs came along, which promptly got binned when MP3s arrived. Napster, then SoulSeek were wonderful repositories back in the day, eventually relented and got a Spotify account. Continued to buy vinyl throughout. 

Rupert Pupkin

Was probably some obscure dance track back in the 90’s .. I bought that much it’s difficult to pinpoint my last purchase😂..

Come to think of it, I did buy a mint copy of the original 1978 vinyl  “Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of The War of The Worlds” at a record fair in Torquay in about 2002.. A steal at £16..

There used to be a second hand record shop on Morrison street. The last couple of albums I bought on vinyl were out of there. Was either Transformer by Lou Reed or Before the Flood by Bob Dylan and The Band. 

3 hours ago, Dirty Deeds said:

After this (1983) my record player broke and it was tapes until the mid 90s when I got a CD player.

Ac-dc_Flick_of_the_Switch.JPG

I love that album. My fave from the Brian Era. Very under-rated.

I'm not absolutely sure, because it was more than 40 years ago, but I'm pretty sure it was either of these:

R-3048124-1401300048-3668.jpeg.jpg

53b5f4157c2864d1e8e8af40b6eed952.jpg

I stopped buying vinyl around the time I bought both of those, so they're as good candidates as any.  I bought tapes for a few years before switching to CDs.  But it's almost 30 years since I last bought a tape, and nearly 10 since I last bought a CD. 

11 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I'm not absolutely sure, because it was more than 40 years ago, but I'm pretty sure it was either of these:

R-3048124-1401300048-3668.jpeg.jpg

53b5f4157c2864d1e8e8af40b6eed952.jpg

I stopped buying vinyl around the time I bought both of those, so they're as good candidates as any.  I bought tapes for a few years before switching to CDs.  But it's almost 30 years since I last bought a tape, and nearly 10 since I last bought a CD. 

The new Stranglers record is supposedly a massive return to form.  I have it on a pile of stuff I need to transfer over to my PC, along with the bonus live album from the official store.

15 hours ago, CF11JamTart said:

I love that album. My fave from the Brian Era. Very under-rated.

Better than Back in Black ? , I have this as well good as it is it's not a patch on BinB, IMO.

20 minutes ago, micole said:

Better than Back in Black ? , I have this as well good as it is it's not a patch on BinB, IMO.

That is probably true.  Their latest album, Power Up is well worth a listen, and far superior to at least their last 20 years worth of albums.

27 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That is probably true.  Their latest album, Power Up is well worth a listen, and far superior to at least their last 20 years worth of albums.

Yup FB have that as well, big AC fan have all their stuff , Power Up is not bad better than some of their recent releases. FWIW I do prefer the Bon Scott era however Brian Johnson has made some worthy albums, IMO.

5 hours ago, micole said:

I listen to Flick of the Switch more than Back In Black. 

I know that I'm in the minority, but I prefer it. 

Powerage is my fave AC/DC album. 

The book "BON" is very good.

On 13/11/2021 at 16:43, CF11JamTart said:

Recent reissue of Echo and the Bunnymen "crocodiles". 

Prior to that, Manic Street Preachers "the ultra vivid lament". 

And I've ordered the Hipsway album. 

I've defo fallen in to the trap of buying vinyl despite subscribing to Spotify. 

But... After reading the original post properly... 

TALK TALK - the spirit of eden

First CD I ever bought in '86'

I still buy vinyl, in fact I probably buy more now than when it was the only option. 

Majority of the vinyl I buy is older blues stuff for playing in the house but when a decent new album comes out i'll listen first on apple music then decide whether it's an album i'll listen to in the car or at home before either buying the CD for the car of vinyl for home or sometimes both!

Picked up a Jesus and Mary Chain 7" EP "Live At The Fox Theatre In Detroit" from their gig at the Barrowlands last night.

They were fantastic.

21 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Picked up a Jesus and Mary Chain 7" EP "Live At The Fox Theatre In Detroit" from their gig at the Barrowlands last night.

They were fantastic.

I'm off to the Roundhouse on Friday for their London gig. Really looking forward to it. 

15 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

I'm off to the Roundhouse on Friday for their London gig. Really looking forward to it. 

Two sets - first one is Darklands in full then a second set of rare tracks and b-sides.

That gig was rescheduled from March last year, and I've got another rescheduled gig of theirs at Kelvingrove Bandstand in August.

57 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Two sets - first one is Darklands in full then a second set of rare tracks and b-sides.

That gig was rescheduled from March last year, and I've got another rescheduled gig of theirs at Kelvingrove Bandstand in August.

The Roundhouse was due for 22 March 2020 ... I've had the tickets in a drawer for about 2 years.

The Psychocandy tour was superb. "hits" then album. 

Really looking forward to this. Gigs feel a lot more precious these days 

Edited by CF11JamTart

5 minutes ago, CF11JamTart said:

The Roundhouse was due for 22 March 2020 ... I've had the tickets in a drawer for about 2 years.

The Psychocandy tour was superb. "hits" then album. 

Really looking forward to this. Gigs feel a lot more precious these days 

Yeah - 20th March for us.  We kept following the news as Covid was hitting the UK and knew that it was never happening.

It felt strange handing over tickets dated 18 months ago on the door. :lol:

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Yeah - 20th March for us.  We kept following the news as Covid was hitting the UK and knew that it was never happening.

It felt strange handing over tickets dated 18 months ago on the door. :lol:

Ha ha. Yup..  We were progressing through March 2020 we were thinking SURELY it's gonna be rearranged... 

And it eventually was. Twice