Rittenhouse trial

JackLadd

1 hour ago, Longbaws said:

Correct...ish. The riots should have been directed at the police, not at innocent people or their businesses. There are very, very few instances where killing is acceptable. 

Now we have a guy who is paralysed, another who was injured and 2 folk lost their lives.

All because a cop shot someone in the back 7 times.

I'm not 100% sure about your point but I hope that explains it👍👍

It explains everything well, but was not really needed as I did understand  to an extent what you were getting at. My past employment is well known and I suppose I should be in favor of all police actions regardless of there correctness. That however is not the case, although in my time Edinburgh police were unarmed, situations of abuse of power and extreme physical actions were used they were investigated but generally by men of the old school who were more likely to empathise with the accused policeman.

In Canada I wore a gun, and to be quite frank would rather have not.

I am quick to assess guilt on accuseds such as the subject  of this thread, but I am pretty quick to assss guilt in some police actions, and I am shocked to see an escalation of wanton misuse of powers by serving officers. I sometimes wonder if the politicisation of police with Bidens defunding policies and Trumps total support of police, including his strong support sought and provided by police unions has some affect on police public relations.

Having done my usual spouting I just do not see civil disobedience by way of unruly protests and demonstrations especially when participants are armed is any form of soution.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sharpie

• hughesie27

• Des Lynam

• JackLadd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is zero excuse for attacking police officers regardless of what some individual officer may have done. At the end of the day if there were no police at all what we saw on those streets would be a daily/nightly occurrence everywhere. It's all that stands between us and total anarchy Which doesn't happen precisely because we have police.

It's ludicrous to attach the likes of antifa to such mass disorder because that movement has absolutely nothing to do with it. There was similar mass disorder in London in 2011, was that antifa too?

In absolutely any situation where you have masses of people taking to the streets there's always going to be a significant element in there who don't give the proverbial flying about any antifa or any other movement.

They just want to get into the thrill of some mass vandalism and looting. And they will latch on to any protest at all.

Does anyone here think it would have been a great idea to have the likes of Rittenhouse roaming London streets playing action man? And if he's perfectly entitled to be doing so as the fanboys insist well so is everyone else there. Aren't they?

Is that what these fanboys want to see? Streets littered with wackos packing military style rifles? Because they're entitled to? How many people might that see shot?

This boy should not have been there at all and most definitely not carrying such a deadly weapon. It's insanity and the end result of what these Rittenhouse fanboys are advocating is exactly that.

Everybody of any opinion taking to the streets kitted out for military style combat. Because they're all entitled to. 

Edited by JFK-1

A reporter for MSNBC has been stopped from following a van conveying the Jurors. A stupid action that could have and may yet cause serious problems.

4 hours ago, Sharpie said:

A reporter for MSNBC has been stopped from following a van conveying the Jurors. A stupid action that could have and may yet cause serious problems.

That was on Wednesday. MSNBC have been barred from the court now. Could potentially form part of a mistral? 

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

There is zero excuse for attacking police officers regardless of what some individual officer may have done. At the end of the day if there were no police at all what we saw on those streets would be a daily/nightly occurrence everywhere. It's all that stands between us and total anarchy Which doesn't happen precisely because we have police.

It's ludicrous to attach the likes of antifa to such mass disorder because that movement has absolutely nothing to do with it. There was similar mass disorder in London in 2011, was that antifa too?

In absolutely any situation where you have masses of people taking to the streets there's always going to be a significant element in there who don't give the proverbial flying about any antifa or any other movement.

They just want to get into the thrill of some mass vandalism and looting. And they will latch on to any protest at all.

Does anyone here think it would have been a great idea to have the likes of Rittenhouse roaming London streets playing action man? And if he's perfectly entitled to be doing so as the fanboys insist well so is everyone else there. Aren't they?

Is that what these fanboys want to see? Streets littered with wackos packing military style rifles? Because they're entitled to? How many people might that see shot?

This boy should not have been there at all and most definitely not carrying such a deadly weapon. It's insanity and the end result of what these Rittenhouse fanboys are advocating is exactly that.

Everybody of any opinion taking to the streets kitted out for military style combat. Because they're all entitled to. 

You're are exactly right about that! I've said 'directed at police' in a reply to Sharpie but I should've said 'at the police officer who shot Jacob Blake'👍

10 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I’m looking and judging the case without the prejudice of politics and purely on the facts presented. I’m not comfortable in any way with any of those involved having firearms on the night but understand it’s America. 

Should Kyle have been there that night? Probably not. Should Joseph Rosenbaum, Anthony Huber and Gaige Grosskreutz been there as well? Probably not. 

It’s an incredibly sad sequence of events but in my opinion if Rosenbaum doesn’t run after Kyle then he’s still alive today. Anthony Huber listens to his girlfriend and doesn’t chase and attack with his skateboard then he walks home with her and if Gaige doesn’t lunge towards Kyle with gun in hand then he doesn’t get shot. 

Will I be sickened if Kyle is found not guilty and becomes the poster boy for the far right? Yes. But he’s not on trial for that. 

4 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

That was on Wednesday. MSNBC have been barred from the court now. Could potentially form part of a mistral? 

Indeed. We'll just have to see which way the wind blows.

Boom followed by a few bangs :Bazooka:

A US teenager who shot and killed two men during racial justice protests has been cleared of homicide after claiming self-defence

Lad hasn't broken ANY law. Not guilty was the ONLY verdict available. Not his fault the laws are mad over there.

Breaks curfew and travels to another city with an assault rifle in order to confront protestors.

Confronts protestors. Shoots three, killing two. Claims self defence.

Acquitted. :rofl:

America is a total joke nation.

All the wee militias now have carte blanche to kill anyone they want as long as they claim self defence.

The wee shitebag shouldn't even have been there. He put himself in the situation then played the victim.

The White Cockade
3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Breaks curfew and travels to another city with an assault rifle in order to confront protestors.

All the wee militias now have carte blanche to kill anyone they want as long as they claim self defence.

The wee shitebag shouldn't even have been there. He put himself in the situation then played the victim.

yup an absolute joke

America is beyond saving

8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Let’s be clear. Not ALL militias. 

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

I actually haven't paid much or any attention to this case.  I am stunned that its about this character. I read about it a while back but didn't know it was this case .  What a disgraceful verdict. I would say unbelievable but its very believable and not at all unexpected. 

Not the verdict I would have chosen, but he has as they say in Scotland, Tholed His Assize, and has been declared Not Guilty, and so shall it be.

I personally would not like to be in his shoes, at least for the near future I can see him as a target. I am sure there will be demonstrations, and I hope no more deaths are incurred, but that is I am sure a forlorn hope.

What is his future, I would suspect Fire Department, Police Department are unlikely, as his history will last forever. Fox News will I am sure be interviewing him, and he will be held up as the sad example of stupid Democrat policies. I guess he may have to get a drivers licence now, and rehabilitating into normal life in his home town is probably not ideal. Innocent as he has been declared he has a long sentence ahead of him.

46 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

Lad hasn't broken ANY law. Not guilty was the ONLY verdict available. Not his fault the laws are mad over there.

47 minutes ago, EH11_2NL said:

The lad has been found Not Guilty, however that does not say he did not break the law, it is a judicial process of collecting and presenting evidence and a jury pondering over the facts. They may internally feel he has done what he was accused of doing, but the Prosecution failed beyond a Reasonable Doubt to prove it. He still now with his freedom has to face a judgement of public opinion which is not bound by the legal systems burdens of proof. This  is a jury that defines the evidence as it sees it, and without pre set conditions makes their judgement. Quite often contrary to the official one.

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Not exactly how it happened but a good movie template.

Felix Lighter
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Wow, when it comes to getting things wrong I didn't think it was possible for you to eclipse the first post you made on this thread, but I think you've managed to do it. Well done you.

HeartsandonlyHearts
31 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Judge was giddy reading out the non guilty verdict.

Maybe he thought justice had been done.

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Wow, when it comes to getting things wrong I didn't think it was possible for you to eclipse the first post you made on this thread, but I think you've managed to do it. Well done you.

He is amazingly ill-informed on many subjects. 

Felix Lighter
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I actually haven't paid much or any attention to this case.  I am stunned that its about this character. I read about it a while back but didn't know it was this case .  What a disgraceful verdict. I would say unbelievable but its very believable and not at all unexpected. 

So you haven't paid much attention but it was a disgraceful verdict? Aye ok James. God help anyone who has you on sitting on their jury.

6 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

So you haven't paid much attention but it was a disgraceful verdict? Aye ok James. God help anyone who has you on sitting on their jury.

I read up on it ! Lol 😂 I’ve already been on a Jury . But let’s not go there . The guy sounds like a poster boy for Trump to me 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

I actually felt sorry for you on the coronavirus thread but **** me you don't half spout some pish at times.  

Edited by Des Lynam

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I actually felt sorry for you on the coronavirus thread but **** me you don't half spout some pish at times.  

0EA36202-65DE-4091-A146-B17B5CE8AE01.gif

Great victory for the white maga gun community, anybody unarmed bluff charges you kill them and if anybody tries to stop you afterwards you can kill them too. That is the upshot (pun intended). 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Great victory for the white maga gun community, anybody unarmed bluff charges you kill them and if anybody tries to stop you afterwards you can kill them too. That is the upshot (pun intended). 

Absolutely stunned you've looked at it from a political slant. Des is stunned, stunned i tell ya!

Jeffros Furios
15 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

:gok:

Felix Lighter
22 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I read up on it ! Lol 😂 I’ve already been on a Jury . But let’s not go there . The guy sounds like a poster boy for Trump to me 

Was it the sexy wigs?

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Absolutely stunned you've looked at it from a political slant. Des is stunned, stunned i tell ya!

Just glad it could not happen here that a 17 y/o idiot could arm himself with an assault weapon and execute at will which essentially this verdict permits. He could have killed and injured many more and still walked due to the political divide and racial animus in these Trump states.

10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Just glad it could not happen here that a 17 y/o idiot could arm himself with an assault weapon and execute at will which essentially this verdict permits. He could have killed and injured many more and still walked due to the political divide and racial animus in these Trump states.

Define 'assault weapon'

Felix Lighter
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I expect the first fatality was subdued by the first three shots before getting shot in the back in self defence.

Are you suggesting he was trying to escape when he was shot in the back?

2 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

Are you suggesting he was trying to escape when he was shot in the back?

Well is he at that point not facing  in the other direction from the assailant?