Rittenhouse trial

JackLadd

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

It's like a Mad Max style scenario. There's a segment like say the gun industry who in their ideal world would have every man woman and child packing. Packing a variety of weapons, including some military style rifle. Everybody needs one of them.

The gun industry lobbies hard to make guns as easily accessible as possible to anybody at all while 70% of Americans want more gun regulation. But they're not getting it and they're unlikely to with the current balance of power in the US.

If Biden tried to push stricter gun regulation the Republicans will block it. Even if they privately thought it was rational and beneficial policy they would still block it.

A level of pettiness from an opposition party that perhaps on some level borders on insanity. Given what they're doing could rob hundreds of millions of a beneficial policy for sheer spite. Another example of how broken this country is. It's dystopian.

Given Biden's reaction to the verdict I initially thought something would be attempted. And still think it may be a possibility. Which politician wouldn't want to introduce policy 70% of the electorate are for.

Did you watch the trial?

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sharpie

• hughesie27

• Des Lynam

• JackLadd

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Felix Lighter said:

You got a link? I sincerely hope he speaks too the division in America right now and the need for it to be addressed peacefully. 

If by the last bit you mean Waukesha atrocity I'm referring to the hypocrisy in the way that the MSM report stories to suit their agenda. They are stoking up race hatred and are largely responsible for the mess the country is in.

Gotcha now👍 The media shapes, not informs, opinion. I watched a lot of the Trump/Biden election on American streams. The poor ******* over there don't have a chance. In saying that, this verdict gives me some hope. If I've understood everything then the police were initially advised to not make arrests, took them over 70 days before actually going ahead with it. Then 

the court was changed as it looked like justice wouldn't be done. Just makes you wonder about it all being the status quo in other places too.

I watched it live but I'm sure if you search for Marcus Arbery on YouTube, you'll get it👍

i see the three convicted in the arbery case have another trial in the new year for federal hate crimes.

aslo the previous prosecutor of the case faces charges as he has been accused of mishandling the case

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i see the three convicted in the arbery case have another trial in the new year for federal hate crimes.

aslo the previous prosecutor of the case faces charges as he has been accused of mishandling the case

Probably because it took them 74 days to arrest the three guys. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably because it took them 74 days to arrest the three guys. 

i read that one of them previously worked in the district attorneys office, dont know what job but that might have played a role in it

10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i read that one of them previously worked in the district attorneys office, dont know what job but that might have played a role in it

There's a picture going around of them together

20211124_211118.jpg

20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There's a picture going around of them together

20211124_211118.jpg

i didnt really pay attention to what i read to realise the DA is female

15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Max five years for trying to shut down the case against one of the killers?? Almost worth it. I don't see that as a deterrent at all.

20211124_212255.jpg

Edited by Longbaws

26 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

Max five years for trying to shut down the case against one of the killers?? Almost worth it. I don't see that as a deterrent at all.

20211124_212255.jpg

For someone like this, their career being over could be the worse penalty. 

30 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I was about to say which trial, I haven't watched any trials.

You’re on a thread about the Rittenhouse trial. You’ve been giving a viewpoint on Kyle’s guilt but haven’t watched any of the trial. Your viewpoint is just about your politics despite you claiming it’s not. 

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You’re on a thread about the Rittenhouse trial. You’ve been giving a viewpoint on Kyle’s guilt but haven’t watched any of the trial. Your viewpoint is just about your politics despite you claiming it’s not. 

I said little to nothing about the verdict. Any viewpoint I introduced was about the overall gun situation. Something I live with and if that's politics so what.

When thre's an issue that affects me and mine I will talk about it regardless of any political affiliation with a specific issue.  Would you really prefer I didn't? Is that what you want? You would rather people don't talk about stuff you don't want to talk about. 

Do you have an issue with any opposing view at all? Or only if it can be called politics so you can choose a side because you see I think you're infinitely more focused on an ideology than I am.

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I said little to nothing about the verdict. Any viewpoint I introduced was about the overall gun situation. Something I live with and if that's politics so what.

When thre's an issue that affects me and mine I will talk about it regardless of any political affiliation with a specific issue.  Would you really prefer I didn't? Is that what you want? You would rather people don't talk about stuff you don't want to talk about. 

Do you have an issue with any opposing view at all? Or only if it can be called politics so you can choose a side because you see I think you're infinitely more focused on an ideology than I am.

You’ve made assertions on Kyle’s guilt. 

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

You’ve made assertions on Kyle’s guilt. 

You know I seriously have to laugh at the fanboyism with this nitwit, 'Kyle'

Tell you what, you go research what I said, give me these "assertions", multiple apparently. And, I have stated more than once that I really don't give the proverbial flying about this boy, that's your obsession not mine. I knew what the verdict would be before the trial began.

And even more repeatedly than that talked about the gun issue, are you angry I don't give a F about Kyle? Now again. I wouldn't care less about him, you go get the Kyle posters I wont mind a bit. 

But if you want to continue this, talk about the gun issue, talk about Kyle with other fanboys.

15 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

You know I seriously have to laugh at the fanboyism with this nitwit, 'Kyle'

Tell you what, you go research what I said, give me these "assertions", multiple apparently. And, I have stated more than once that I really don't give the proverbial flying about this boy, that's your obsession not mine. I knew what the verdict would be before the trial began.

And even more repeatedly than that talked about the gun issue, are you angry I don't give a F about Kyle? Now again. I wouldn't care less about him, you go get the Kyle posters I wont mind a bit. 

But if you want to continue this, talk about the gun issue, talk about Kyle with other fanboys.

Fanboyism? By stating his name? I'm not angry i just find your ignorance and binary view on this subject depressing. 

You're on a thread about the Rittenhouse trial. Why don't you start a gun thread? Or re watch the trial? 

Edited by Des Lynam

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

Fanboyism? By stating his name? I'm not angry i just find your ignorance and binary view on this subject depressing. 

You're on a thread about the Rittenhouse trial. Why don't you start a gun thread? Or re watch the trial? 

I'm not angry, I'm utterly bored with this vacuous drivel you can't let go of. Tell you what, put me on ignore and you wont need to suffer the fact I don't love Kyle, while I will now put you on ignore because I'm sick to the back teeth hearing about Kyle.

Edited by JFK-1

55 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I'm not angry, I'm utterly bored with this vacuous drivel you can't let go of. Tell you what, put me on ignore and you wont need to suffer the fact I don't love Kyle, while I will now put you on ignore because I'm sick to the back teeth hearing about Kyle.

You don’t want to hear another viewpoint. That’s the problem with society. And once again if you’re bored with Kyle Rittenhouse then maybe being on the Rittenhouse trial thread is counter productive. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

And yet here you are, on the thread about him almost every day. 

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

You don’t want to hear another viewpoint. That’s the problem with society. And once again if you’re bored with Kyle Rittenhouse then maybe being on the Rittenhouse trial thread is counter productive. 

Rittenhouse went on trial, got acquitted. I didn't watch the trial. What should I have learned from it?  

6 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Rittenhouse went on trial, got acquitted. I didn't watch the trial. What should I have learned from it?  

That it was self defence. Like most I had prejudged him before the trial. The most damning testimony in my opinion was Gaige Grosskreutz. Some of the post trial reporting has been disappointing in the misstating of facts. 

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

That it was self defence. Like most I had prejudged him before the trial. The most damning testimony in my opinion was Gaige Grosskreutz. Some of the post trial reporting has been disappointing in the misstating of facts. 

Why did you pre judge him? Ignorance of the self defence laws? Forgot about the gun laws?

Edited by Riccarton3

3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Why did you pre judge him?

Because of the manner in which it was reported by news stations like CNN and MSNBC. Then after watching the investigative videos done by the New York Times and Washington Post I changed my mind. 

The Trial is over, whether one agrees with the decision or not, it is finished, Kyle is a free man. With thirty six years of law enforcement in my background Trials and decisions were plentiful. Kyle is not my favorite person, but I am concerned for he and U.S.A. the way he appears to be being manipulated and used by such as Fox and former President Trump for their political agenda. The obvious Republican strategy is to concentrate on Bidens Law and Order policies, some of which when presented in a certain manner are indeed frightening. The recent vehicle massacre of parade participants an example, the accused was released on $1000. bail after attacking his wife, with a car as is being claimed on the media. I have stated before this individual has a fifty page criminal record. The upcoming midterm elections are going to tell a story.

On 25/11/2021 at 06:01, Seymour M Hersh said:

And yet here you are, on the thread about him almost every day. 

Not at all, I assure you this boy is of minimal to interest for me. I knew even before it began what the result would be, which alone makes it of minimal interest. I made no comment at all until this thing was well underway.

Then I made a comment and what you perceive as "on the thread about him almost every day" is in fact predominately responding to comments directed at me using a quote from my post. Like i'm doing right now.  

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Not at all, I assure you this boy is of minimal to interest for me. I knew even before it began what the result would be, which alone makes it of minimal interest. I made no comment at all until this thing was well underway.

Then I made a comment and what you perceive as "on the thread about him almost every day" is in fact predominately responding to comments directed at me using a quote from my post. Like i'm doing right now.  

See when you're in a hole. Stop digging. 

37 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

See when you're in a hole. Stop digging. 

You're one of these last word people aren't you, can't ever let go and would dig a hole forever to get that last word even though it pretty much says nothing of any relevance.

Take your prize, say what ever you like and I will ignore it. You're welcome to it.