• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• FarmerTweedy

• Led Tasso

• Thomaso

9 hours ago, tynietigers said:

Is that just a guess 😉🤔

Someone on here mentioned plans were being drawn up for bedrooms and more hospitality. It's my speculation of what they might be used for (if the plans ever get off the ground). 👍

3 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Someone on here mentioned plans were being drawn up for bedrooms and more hospitality. It's my speculation of what they might be used for (if the plans ever get off the ground). 👍

There is not sufficient space to accommodate enough bedrooms to make that economically viable as a hotel - accommodation for new players?

We also have 5 hospitality suites already so do we need more?

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

There is not sufficient space to accommodate enough bedrooms to make that economically viable as a hotel - accommodation for new players?

I remember chatting to a West Ham fan years ago and they had rooms in the main stand at Upton Park that fans could book for the night before games. Then you’d leave the room to go for your prematch routine and when you came back the bed etc had gone and it became your hospitality suite. I’m not sure how long they did it for but it seemed like a pretty cool idea. Waking up and opening your curtains and seeing the ground in front of you as you sat and had a cuppa. 

FarmerTweedy
6 hours ago, damo said:

I was wondering whether there would be scope to widen the pitch 1M at each side to bring us inline with some of the other SPL teams. Aberdeen, DU both have 66M wide pitches and I don't ever consider their pitches too tight.  Obviously when the team is playing well and the other team are not sitting in then we witness some great games but I firmly believe when the opponents are intent on a defensive formation (the majority) its a hard watch sometimes. 

When the time comes to develop the Wheatfield I'd imagine the club will take the opportunity to widen to the standard 68M anyway. 

The pitch used to be wider but it was also shorter. We had to narrow it when we lengthened it from 98 to 100 yards, otherwise the corners would have been too close to the corner towers.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Whatever our intention is we have no doubt carried out (or are carrying out) a feasibility study. Bedrooms seem a strange one as they would need windows so would need to overlook the plaza through the glass frontage? The windows would also need blinds or curtains. Doesn't sound very practical but I'm no expert in these matters. 

The wedding venue idea might work as brides and grooms etc usually need a room to change in. The rest of the facilities are already there and available on non match days. Having paid for 4 daughters' weddings I know how much money these events cost 😠 and clearly could be great business for the club 😄!!

Be interesting to see what they come up with.

14 hours ago, stuart500 said:

As far as I know that is the plan 👍🏻 There would really good money in it to capture business people using our facilities from all over Britain and Europe.

9 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The pitch used to be wider but it was also shorter. We had to narrow it when we lengthened it from 98 to 100 yards, otherwise the corners would have been too close to the corner towers.

Spot on. Unfortunately by doing this the pitch is now smaller in square metre terms but it had to be 100 metres long minimum to have the uefa stamp. I do hope there is a way to increase it in the future as I do think the narrowness doesn't help our wide men. 

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, Thomaso said:

We do sell out hospitality quite often do we not.  Not an economics or business expert here but one thing I do know……………keeping an empty space is not a good idea.

What about a gym?  Infrastructure is already there, gym space, toilets, power etc…..lease in some decent kit, fit the place out, hire in a few trainers and see what happens.

14 hours ago, Tazio said:

I remember chatting to a West Ham fan years ago and they had rooms in the main stand at Upton Park that fans could book for the night before games. Then you’d leave the room to go for your prematch routine and when you came back the bed etc had gone and it became your hospitality suite. I’m not sure how long they did it for but it seemed like a pretty cool idea. Waking up and opening your curtains and seeing the ground in front of you as you sat and had a cuppa. 

You would open up your curtains and look on to the school at Tynecastle….

3 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

We do sell out hospitality quite often do we not.  Not an economics or business expert here but one thing I do know……………keeping an empty space is not a good idea.

What about a gym?  Infrastructure is already there, gym space, toilets, power etc…..lease in some decent kit, fit the place out, hire in a few trainers and see what happens.

I do know a gym was under consideration some time ago.

Parking is the big problem.

Edited by Thomaso

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You would open up your curtains and look on to the school at Tynecastle….

I’m totally aware of that. I was just pointing out something another club had. 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The lack of parking really limits it’s usage. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

The lack of parking really limits it’s usage. 

Indeed including hotel bedrooms

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Valet parking in Gerard’s yard? 😄

👍

5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Someone said they saw it being fitted out as a shop last week, someone must know something. I don't really see the need for a venue, we have the Gorgie suite, nor suites, we have three or four already. It's not big enough for a hotel, and the parking issue comes into it, plus staffing it 24 hours. My y ide as would be so one sort of leisure tie in, 10 pin bowling, gym, fast food??

46 minutes ago, ericb said:

Someone said they saw it being fitted out as a shop last week, someone must know something. I don't really see the need for a venue, we have the Gorgie suite, nor suites, we have three or four already. It's not big enough for a hotel, and the parking issue comes into it, plus staffing it 24 hours. My y ide as would be so one sort of leisure tie in, 10 pin bowling, gym, fast food??

I can assure you nobody was doing anything in there last week 👍🏻 Apart from putting tables away.

Parking for the ‘Hotel Tynecastle Park’ not a problem on non match days …. park on the pitch … access through area adjacent to Section N!