TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

Fire_At_The_Disco
3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

I'm sure I read somewhere we're evolving into larger human beings, so the capacity is going to go down as we widen the seats.

Sad times ahead ☹️

I gave up smoking in March….. pretty sure I’m encroaching on the boys seat next to me, if I keep going like this I’m changing my name to Jabba The Hut to scare him off. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Getting missed again.

HOT FLAMING ALCOHOL FIRES. BAIRNS GETTING BURNS FLEEING FLAMMABLE GASSES.

That's why Tynecastle is the size it is and won't grow until NBDC moves its tanks.

Fun to speculate but that's the limit right now.

55 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wrong you asked him what do you think the capacity should be and would well fill it, asking this question you know right away,you're agenda is to put him on the back foot, as he can't possibly answer any of them questions, it also comes across as really insulting because as it stands currently Hibs have more capacity than us, now if there is any team in Edinburgh close to selling out it's not Hibs is it. 

The OP has raised a valid point, do you really think with 20k we can sustain Robbies and savages plans of challenging rangers and celtic or could we give Robbie and the club an even better chance of closing the gap by getting more people to tynecastle. 

Can we keep the likes of Woodburn at Hearts with an up to date stadium. 

And really turn hearts into a force in Scottish football? 

Because whether you like it or not we're based in the capital, we have supporters from England all over the UK that come to watch us, America if I've missed anyone then i apologise. 

Hearts are all over the world. 

And i think we can attract more fans to our great club, and i think evidence proves that we have done exactly that in the past. 

Complete drivel.

I made a valid argument and he went off on one.  I was perfectly respectful until the insults got fired at me.

We have no hope of challenging Sevco or Celtic any time soon when their budgets are multiple times ours driven by a century or more of bigotry.  Hearts can only progress if they raise income from other means but it still requires both the uglies to have absolute 'mares, which is improbable.

Woodburn is going back to Liverpool regardless and we won't be spending the kind of cash required to get him from an EPL side.

I've been watching Hearts from the 80s and our support even before Taylor fluctuated massively depending on how consistent the team is.  The fact is if we get too successful someone bigger will pinch our best players (and manager), perhaps even on a Bosman if we spend large sums on them.

While we are stuck in Scottish football, the best we can hope for is incremental improvements and start to get consistency from year to year.  We are miles away from that if you look at the depth of our squad.

1 minute ago, Fire_At_The_Disco said:

I gave up smoking in March….. pretty sure I’m encroaching on the boys seat next to me, if I keep going like this I’m changing my name to Jabba The Hut to scare him off. 

We're not even going to appreciate safe standing at this rate, too ****ing fat to stand.

☹️

18 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Ah so we turn our pitch around 90 degrees and we knock down or decrease the capacity of our new main stand and replace it with a new shiny 5k capacity one and then do the same to the Wheatfeild. We then knock down or expand the Gorgie and Roseburn stands to give us two new shiny stands with a combined capacity of 22k between them.

How many millions do we think this would cost the club?..... history would  also tell us that we would never fill a 32k stadium for run of the mill league games against so called smaller clubs.

I should've looked closer at the plans!  Surely it would cost at least 80m?

Bazzas right boot

FoH money should be used for such projects. 

Once we have about £15m in the bank from it we can look at the stadium or buy hibs. 

It should go to the fans to what we do. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Getting missed again.

That's why Tynecastle is the size it is and won't grow until NBDC moves its tanks.

Why does it matter if its 20k or 30k that get burned. 

Surley if the risk was that high we wouldn't be allowed to have a capacity of 20k. 

If I was to do anything I’d want us to create hospitality rooms like the Security room in each corner - now that’s not a “fill the corners” call but a “utilise the corners” call but from the back end.  
A small members club, bottled beer/drinks/buffet.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why does it matter if its 20k or 30k that get burned. 

Surley if the risk was that high we wouldn't be allowed to have a capacity of 20k. 

It's about evacuation speed. There are various models for how this is estimated but the health and safety engineers do the models then put a maximum capacity. To change that, you'd need to do even more drastic changes to modes of egress and all all that.

I think some of the problems can be sorted by building a large firewall out of concrete but that's only for the fire hazard, not the fume hazard.

The relevant documents are stashed somewhere here on JKB. I read through the entire 100+ pages years ago to make sure I understood all the problems and I've forgotten some of the details but the upshot is that there really is no way around the hard capacity limit so long as the tanks are sitting there.

But, as I said, tanks can be moved. That costs money, though.

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Getting missed again.

Yet the council are allowing the old school directly behind the roseburn end to be turned into student flats. 

90 minutes a fortnight = bad

24/7 for students = good

Someones going to need to explain that one for me. 😐 

My 2 cents, we're up shit creek on the stadium size. No hope for further expansion and its unfortunate we were forced into rushing through the development because of that ****ing nursery. I think had we been able to take our time the pros and cons of remaining at tynie could have been made clear to the fans and a more informed decision could have been made with a potential alternative site and all that would entail clear to all. Instead we were forced into use it or lose it and now don't have the capacity to try and grow the club by any meaningful degree.

Whats fine now, may not be fine in 5/10 years time. Edinburgh is supposed to grow 

- In the ten years to 2019 Edinburgh's population grew by 13.3% from 463,000 to 524,000 - our stadium does nothing to take advantage of the growing city. By 2030 Edinburgh will be significantly bigger and we're still locked in to a 20k seater stadium just like Hibs and just like Aberdeen meaning we'll never put any meaningful distance between ourselves and those two. 

I want to see Hearts be able to retain talent and have the resources to take players from Motherwell etc. but right now? Luton are a better destination and likely will remain so whilst the stadium capacity is hamstrung by the issues around Tynecastle sadly. 

We're in a better position than 10 years ago, but its hard not to look at it and wonder what if? Hope thats not too negative, just really frustrating to see how our potential is curtailed by the stadium. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Led Tasso said:

It's about evacuation speed. There are various models for how this is estimated but the health and safety engineers do the models then put a maximum capacity. To change that, you'd need to do even more drastic changes to modes of egress and all all that.

I think some of the problems can be sorted by building a large firewall out of concrete but that's only for the fire hazard, not the fume hazard.

The relevant documents are stashed somewhere here on JKB. I read through the entire 100+ pages years ago to make sure I understood all the problems and I've forgotten some of the details but the upshot is that there really is no way around the hard capacity limit so long as the tanks are sitting there.

But, as I said, tanks can be moved. That costs money, though.

Ah cool. 

Cheers for that. 

Makes a bit more sense now. 

Can we not merge this with the last thread about it that bongo managed to go on about the fag packet maths for pages n pages n pages. 

We are not going to fill a 30 or 40 thousand seat stadium in our lifetimes. We need to look at other avenues to progress. Celtic and Rangers have waiting lists for STs it makes sense for them. Even if we had done it in Vlads time it would now still not have more fans attending than already do. Thats before we look ay the logistics. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, OTT said:

Yet the council are allowing the old school directly behind the roseburn end to be turned into student flats. 

24/7 for students = good

My 2 cents, we're up shit creek on the stadium size. No hope for further expansion and its unfortunate we were forced into rushing through the development because of that ****ing nursery. I think had we been able to take our time the pros and cons of remaining at tynie could have been made clear to the fans and a more informed decision could have been made with a potential alternative site and all that would entail clear to all. Instead we were forced into use it or lose it and now don't have the capacity to try and grow the club by any meaningful degree.

Whats fine now, may not be fine in 5/10 years time. Edinburgh is supposed to grow 

- In the ten years to 2019 Edinburgh's population grew by 13.3% from 463,000 to 524,000 - our stadium does nothing to take advantage of the growing city. By 2030 Edinburgh will be significantly bigger and we're still locked in to a 20k seater stadium just like Hibs and just like Aberdeen meaning we'll never put any meaningful distance between ourselves and those two. 

I want to see Hearts be able to retain talent and have the resources to take players from Motherwell etc. but right now? Luton are a better destination and likely will remain so whilst the stadium capacity is hamstrung by the issues around Tynecastle sadly. 

We're in a better position than 10 years ago, but its hard not to look at it and wonder what if? Hope thats not too negative, just really frustrating to see how our potential is curtailed by the stadium. 

All fair, but for us to be attracting  25-30k   every week we'd need to have a sustained period of success. 

If we can do what Aberdeen done in terms of league finishes the last decade then this may be a problem, a good problem as opposed to admin or relegation type problems! 

We're a bit of that tho , but yes in 10 years or so it could be a problem that restricts us. 

We need the footballing side to be doing well tho for a sustained period, that is our goal now. 

We should never move from tynecastle park imo, it's part of the clubs identity and history, I think filling in the corners would take us up to maybe at a guess a 22/23k capacity stadium? I think tbh that would be enough for our support for the short to mid term future,  who knows if we were to win a league or two in the next 10-15 years then that might add another 10k on top of our support, it's all ifs and buts though.

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

FoH money should be used for such projects. 

Once we have about £15m in the bank from it we can look at the stadium or buy hibs. 

It should go to the fans to what we do. 

My understanding is the FOH money is being used for the squad/club. Which isn't what I thought the plan for it was. I thought it would be used for the purposes you outline (obv not buying hibs :D) but like infrastructure projects - making our long term future better. Not short termism. 

The frustrating thing about that for me, is that we need to move from Riccarton, Budge I believe has already intimated concern about the annual costs there (£400k pa?) but if we're spending the £1.5m a year then we're never going to have the money in the bank to actually make this move on our own. It will fall to benefactors which may or may not be an option when time finally does come. Additionally, if a benefactor does fund it entirely through generosity what might we end up with? A cow shed like Hibs? If we want a professional training ground, that's easily £15m. 

I think a vote was taken on this at one of the FOH meetings so it is what it is unfortunately. 

If I'm wrong please let me know. 

We sell around 13500 season tickets.  If that figure was closer to 90% of capacity, then we would have an argument for needing to expand. 

But we don't, and it would seriously detract from the atmosphere having thousands and thousands of empty seats.  For proof, have a look at the Lochend Flairmeisters playing in a half empty stadium every week. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You asked the question i answered it? Maybe the club can do more to attract fans to games, it's obvious we can take more with the points i made further up. 

You didnt make any points further up? The only person thats made points is Chrissy? 🤔

Your sole contribution to there is to say “hes right” “ignore the hate” and “waiting list under romanov”

1 minute ago, OTT said:

24/7 for students = good

From the perspective of emergency managers, it's not about aggregate risk to the population, it's about the number of people they have to get out of the area in a specified amount of time. A few hundred extra people in flats is less of a worry than 20k football fans having to exit quickly through a small number of exits.

I fully agree that we should have an eye on growing capacity, both because Edinburgh is growing and also because a good Tynecastle makes for a good stop for some tourists who are already coming to Edinburgh, like Americans. (Ask me how I know. ;))

To my eye these are our options.

Short term, pay NBDC to make the ethanol problem go away and build a new Wheatfield, maybe up the capacity to 26k or so. After we do that, there's a few possibilities specifically regarding the corners and the roof that we could explore to maybe get close to 30k. As I say, that means taking on debt again and I think we should hold off a bit and build up reserves.

Anything else is likely extremely difficult to impossible in the short term.

Long to very long term, it's basically this:

- Move to another site

- Move to Murrayfield

- When current Murrayfield needs replacement, rebuild Tynecastle completey as a 50k stadium and invite Scottish rugby to groundshare.

The long term is too far off to plan for right now though. We have a beautiful stadium with a fantastic new main stand, let's just enjoy it for a bit.

26 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Tynie is plenty big enough. 

For the big games that folk can't get tickets for - tough titties - should have gone to more games for the LP's. 

Really not worth expanding so a few Johnny-Come-Latelys can make a game or two a season and the rest of the time we have thousands of vacant seats. Example: Easter Road. 

Tynie packed with regular fans. Magic. 

Spot on.  When we start winning trophies we can start looking at the stadium.  In the meantime, spend our money on the squad.  Better contracts and bonuses for our best players.  Buy players we can afford.

Take on the OF.

1 hour ago, WageThief said:

Can you link to this / the posts if possible?

Theres a whole thread on it. Literally this one word for word from a few months ago 

1 hour ago, alex young hero said:

I seem to remember we have restrictions on the Tynecastle footprint due the school and the nearby industrial units a health and safety issue perhaps.

I think thats correct…

Cracking name thats a name close to my heart Btw 👌🏻👌🏻

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

All fair, but for us to be attracting  25-30k   every week we'd need to have a sustained period of success. 

If we can do what Aberdeen done in terms of league finishes the last decade then this may be a problem, a good problem as opposed to admin or relegation type problems! 

We're a bit of that tho , but yes in 10 years or so it could be a problem that restricts us. 

We need the footballing side to be doing well tho for a sustained period, that is our goal now.

From a financial perspective, in order to make a seat profitable on 10 year financing, you need to sell it about 6-8 times per season, not every game.

From an atmosphere perspective, we have to decide how many empty seats we're willing to tolerate on a regular basis though.

In the Murrayfield year while the Main was under construction, we averaged around 25k fans and maxed out north of 35k for a Rangers match, IIRC. If we can make the loans and the planning permission work, I think the support is there.

53 minutes ago, maroon66 said:

Looking at making the 2nd floor of the main stand into a 12 room hotel,change of use etc.

Would be a good plan I thought of that a few months ago would make a good whack of money throughout the year and matching hotel prices in Edinburgh charge a fortune over Xmas and new year . Blackpool have a hotel in there stadium.

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

:cornette:

Keep taking those tablets.  Maybe if you have a spare £40m+ you could donate it to FOH to get it built?

Keep that cave clean Frank, don't miss the corners mind 😉 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Any sizeable money that could be put into innovative ground expansion in the next 5-7 years must be put into the team first.

We need to build the opportunity to be continually full by building the team first and regularly doing well in Europe. 

That will generate the additional money to start thinking about what we can do with tynecastle - if anything.

We’ll get more money with relative success in Europe than an extra 2,500 seats so we need to focus on that first.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

9 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

it's over 60 years since we averaged over 20k in a season.

:lol: no. Rather hard to average over 20k when you have an 18k stadium.

Before the introduction of all seating we averaged 22k in 91-92. More recently, we averaged over 20k in 17/18 when we had games at Murrayfield.

https://www.fitbastats.com/hearts/club_records_league_attendance.php

EDIT oops, that site seems off. This one is a bit easier to see.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/heart-of-midlothian/attendances/2017-2018

We had 24k for a match against Aberdeen at Wheatfield. That's an indication that there's latent interest in big non-OF games. (On top of the 33k for the Murrayfield match against Rangers)

Edited by Led Tasso
Link to wrong website.

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Curry stand is an absolute shout btw 👌

Big screen above the Roseburn so nae away fans can see it.

A large projection of the iconic Rudi moment with 6 hobos in the background from 2012 across the entrance to the Roseburn when we play them 

gorgie rd eh11
2 hours ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Can i ask how long you have had a season ticket at Easter Road.....You really should go and derail another thread as this one is for the ones that know the answers not the spoon burners.....Seriously you sound like you have nothing better to do than express negativity.....

I was asking a simple bunch of questions.....you clearly have no idea....My queston was not what the costs would be but what was possible....pmsl....join a reading class....

Trying way to hard.

Is it not the case that roof trusses are tied into the floodlight trusses?

I don't know if this is correct but I'm guessing the roof trustees are in tension, holding the roof structure but the actual load of the roof truss is transferred through the floodlight trusses into compression. 

So if we wanted to expand, we would need to change the entire roof structure? Which would cost tens of millions. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I don't know if this is correct but I'm guessing the roof trustees are in tension, holding the roof structure but the actual load of the roof truss is transferred through the floodlight trusses into compression. 

So if we wanted to expand, we would need to change the entire roof structure? Which would cost tens of millions. 

You are spot on! Can’t believe some are going round in circles again on this! 🙈

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think you’re right but I think with some mental supports in place we could do something with the Wheatfield that wouldn’t require the whole roof to come down. 

I am no engineer however.

9 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

From a financial perspective, in order to make a seat profitable on 10 year financing, you need to sell it about 6-8 times per season, not every game.

From an atmosphere perspective, we have to decide how many empty seats we're willing to tolerate on a regular basis though.

In the Murrayfield year while the Main was under construction, we averaged around 25k fans and maxed out north of 35k for a Rangers match, IIRC. If we can make the loans and the planning permission work, I think the support is there.

Aberdeen brought 7k fans and Rangers had something like 15k fans there which bumps up the average.

Just now, Thomaso said:

You are spot on! Can’t believe some are going round in circles again on this! 🙈

I know you're in construction and worked on the glass—would a new roof structure really cost tens of millions? I would have thought more along the lines of £2-4 million. Will not worth it just to fill the corners but still not tens of millions.

5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Before the introduction of all seating we averaged 22k in 91-92. More recently, we averaged over 20k in 17/18 when we had games at Murrayfield.

Those figures don't look right. London Hearts has a home average of just over 13k for the 91-92 season. I would go to them for Hearts stats every time.

7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Spot on.  When we start winning trophies we can start looking at the stadium.  In the meantime, spend our money on the squad.  Better contracts and bonuses for our best players.  Buy players we can afford.

Take on the OF.

Part of my frustration with this style of thinking is that it only takes into account right now. if you sit still you'll be passed by. The structure of Scottish football means we play the OF & Hibs twice each at home, which are capacity crowds meaning 6 games a season we have full capacity, additionally you have Aberdeen which attracts a decent number. I think we'd have full capacity still at 23k. The playing each other 4 times a season nonsense isn't going away because it suits the OF and shitty little clubs like St Johnstone, St Mirren and Killie depend on the away end keeping them afloat. There are 8 games a season where you're almost certainly looking at 80%+ sold. Why not make this system work for us instead of trying to tread water in a rat race?

We can't afford better contracts and because of how poorly financed Scottish football is, the onus is on the club to raise the majority of its cash itself (unlike England where TV money saves the day). That means we'll continue to lose our best players and never sustain any true success which will keep us locked in based on only thinking about right now. Because we'll be in the same position in 5 years time, 10 years time etc. 

An additional 3k for example allows us to pay better than Hibs or Aberdeen sustainably, attracting and retaining our better players which allows us to compete more consistently. More so, players want to play in front of bigger crowds. It would be yet another selling point for the club.

If we had the money to be able to offer Nicolson, Paterson, Walker, Hickey, Souttar just enough to get that final contract extension then suddenly we're getting 7 figure transfer fees semi-regularly. I'm not saying they still might run their contract down, but it makes it more of a decision for them. 

1 minute ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Aberdeen brought 7k fans and Rangers had something like 15k fans there which bumps up the average.

From a purely financial standpoint, who cares? They paid.

From an atmosphere standpoint, no, you don't want empty seats or opposing fans filling up the space. But Liverpool and Everton still sell seats to each others fans on derby day and cash the checks just the same.

4 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Those figures don't look right. London Hearts has a home average of just over 13k for the 91-92 season. I would go to them for Hearts stats every time.

Agreed -- I edited and looked for a different site after I posted. I hadn't found attendances on London Hearts or else I would have used them. Looking at his chart now, that looks lower than I expected, and I wonder if that's just home ticket sales. Also possible I'm just wrong.

2 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

I'm surprised nobody thought about moving to Murrayfield.

The Pieman was a visionary. How did we not see it at the time? 

2 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

In our 147 years, when have we ever out grown our stadium? What makes you think we are suddenly going to now? I said on an other thread that 22k would probably be an ideal size, especially for Hibs, Celtic & Rangers games, but it's only ideal if were are consistently top 3. We've never done that in my 25 years of following the club.

Probably in the heyday of football way back. We probably crammed more fans in than we should have. 

However, most were on the bigger occasion and the crucial thing really is having consistently large gates. 

Our crowds are probably as consistent as they’ve ever been but you’d have to wonder if we’d ever fill a bigger Tynie during a strong league challenge and get near 30-35,000 if the stadium was ever that big?  Back in the 50s etc... ,and even the 80s to a lesser extent, you’d jump from 10,000 v Motherwell to anything over 25,000 v The Old Firm. All varying crowd sizes though and of course they had large supports at the game too.

I started going to games regularly in the early 80s and even with the fine sides later on in that decade, you’d still see some low gates just creeping over 10,000, maybe even under.  Into the 90s aswell.  Levein’s decent first spell in the naughties saw gates toil to hit 12,000 sometimes.  

We’re doing well just now, imo. 

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think you’re right but I think with some mental supports in place we could do something with the Wheatfield that wouldn’t require the whole roof to come down. 

I am no engineer however.

Im not an engineer either but I have studied structural mechanics and architecture among other things. I'd imagine if we were to replace the floodlight trusses with a vertical pilaster or column then it would fall right in the middle of a corner stand obstructing views. If we wanted to fill in the corners without removing the roof, I'd imagine we would have to cantilever the existing structure or replace it.

21 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

EDIT oops, that site seems off. This one is a bit easier to see.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/heart-of-midlothian/attendances/2017-2018

We had 24k for a match against Aberdeen at Wheatfield. That's an indication that there's latent interest in big non-OF games. (On top of the 33k for the Murrayfield match against Rangers)

https://www.londonhearts.com/charts/averagel.htm

don't doubt there is the odd game that we can fill the stadium but you can't build a stadium for a handful of games. Better to have atmosphere surely?

2 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

To be fair, one of the numerous Hearts mugs I possess, bought perhaps 30 years ago, is labelled “Tyncastle Stadium”.

I’m pretty sure it came from the club shop! 

I hope we have a better merchandise buyer these days! :D

13 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I know you're in construction and worked on the glass—would a new roof structure really cost tens of millions? I would have thought more along the lines of £2-4 million. Will not worth it just to fill the corners but still not tens of millions.

A new roof structure would have to be on a cantilever support design. To incorporate that not only would the existing roofs have to be removed and replaced to 4 stands, but the compete facade to the main stand would have to be removed to allow the cantilever supports to be built. 
The existing steel floodlight towers and the massive horizontal trusses would also have to be romoved - no easy task in its own right.

The costs for this kind of redesign is frankly huge - it’s just not practical.

Unless we win titles it’s enough. If we ever get to the stage we restrict the uglies to one section then it’s sad that we can’t extend but it’s just a fact of life.
The derby is different in that as long as we give each other a stand then fans will miss out. But I wouldn’t change the derby arrangement 

InternationalJambo
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Budge and Co. made Tynecastle as absolutely large as it can be, in terms of total occupancy, so long as the large ethanol tanks at our end of NBDC are still there. Unless NBDC can be convinced to move those tanks further away from the stadium or if they relocate for some other reason, we cannot expand.

However, neither of those are impossible to imagine. The problem isn't just that the distillery is there, but that there are large tanks of refined ethanol located at the end of their property closest to Tynecastle. I believe years and years ago NBDC told Hearts that they could move the tanks but that they would want Hearts to help pay for it and the cost would be £1.5m, a number which I assume has gone up with inflation since then.

Should we decide to do it, the obvious (to me) next step in Tynecastle redevelopment is a major expansion or rebuild of the Wheatfield. I don't know if it would be better to cantilever a new tier over top of the existing seats or build a whole new stand, but it's the one space on the Tynecastle property that has plenty of room for expansion, and would give any new upper seats a grand view of the castle over the the top of the main. The total cost would probably be in the £15-20m, although if an expansion option that left the existing stand largely in tact existed, it might be lower, but I doubt it.

However, the club just got done paying off the debt for the redeveloped main stand, I don't think we should be eager to rush into debt so soon.

Maybe in 5 years.

Spot on here. See liverpool with their expansion of the anfield road stand, similar could be done at Tynie but as you said it’ll be 5 years minimum. Let’s see where this new era takes us first. 

Edited by InternationalJambo

2 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

To be fair, one of the numerous Hearts mugs I possess, bought perhaps 30 years ago, is labelled “Tyncastle Stadium”.

I’m pretty sure it came from the club shop! 

I assume bought during the Pieman era?

As part of “modernising the Clubs image” he changed the Club crest and changed Tynecastle to “Stadium” from “Park”! 😏

Edited by Thomaso

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )