TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )

rickyjambo

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Can someone clarify, in the late 1980s when we got high 20k's for some league games against Hibs and the Old Firm. How many away fans attended roughly?

Good question. 
IIRC the capacity was 27.5K later rising to 29K. 
If the Gorgie Road End and School End were roughly the same size then maybe 10K each. 
With the rest made up of the benches, main stand and the enclosures. 

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Sooks

• Watt-Zeefuik

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Remember in 2017 while playing at Murray field a poor Hearts side had around 26,000 against Aberdeen and 36,000 against Rangers. I know that there were large away supports at both games but the home crowd was in excess of 20,000

Also wasn't a great team either. You build it up right and get the sort of momentum we've got just now behind the team and the fans would turn up. I don't think we're in 30k territory, but genuinely think 25k would suit our needs and provide a little bit of room to grow into over time. Plenty of sides down south don't sell 100% of tickets, or even 80%. Thinking sides like Bradford and Bristol City for example. Both of which in stadiums of 25k (avg 15k) and 27k (avg around 20k). You don't have to sell all your tickets every game. No one remembers the games against diddy teams, its about making the big nights memorable and we've got 6/18 of our home games which are pretty much dead certs to be sell outs, going up to 8/18 if you include Aberdeen. Fair argument to chuck in Europe because midweek games under the flood lights are ****ing glorious. Other thing is you'd probably get carry over from walk ups after a big game as folk develop that itch to go. 

I think we really dropped the ball by not managing to get the mainstand that little bit bigger. 22k would have been absolutely perfect. 

Watt-Zeefuik
24 minutes ago, OTT said:

Also wasn't a great team either. You build it up right and get the sort of momentum we've got just now behind the team and the fans would turn up. I don't think we're in 30k territory, but genuinely think 25k would suit our needs and provide a little bit of room to grow into over time. Plenty of sides down south don't sell 100% of tickets, or even 80%. Thinking sides like Bradford and Bristol City for example. Both of which in stadiums of 25k (avg 15k) and 27k (avg around 20k). You don't have to sell all your tickets every game. No one remembers the games against diddy teams, its about making the big nights memorable and we've got 6/18 of our home games which are pretty much dead certs to be sell outs, going up to 8/18 if you include Aberdeen. Fair argument to chuck in Europe because midweek games under the flood lights are ****ing glorious. Other thing is you'd probably get carry over from walk ups after a big game as folk develop that itch to go. 

I think we really dropped the ball by not managing to get the mainstand that little bit bigger. 22k would have been absolutely perfect. 

We tried. Wasn't allowed.

38 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hopefully the club are looking into it

It's a long haul to split the old firm 

It won't happen any time soon 

They are still trying to out smart each other and spend, spend, spend to pull away from each other 

That all said, The current plan for us is most definitely the right plan.             

Keep building piece by piece, recruit and improve the squad, season by season 

Any investment needs to go into the 1st team and academy, and not into stadium development or even a new stadium 

Get investment into the colts team. Start producing players from the academy. Sell them on. You only need to look at abroad and England to see that clubs will swoop and pay big money for good young players 

Regardless of what anyone thinks the board has business people in place. People that know how to capitalise on revenue opportunities etc 

Why the likes of JA was brought on board in the first place. For his business acumen 

If there is silence (currently) over doing anything now then there is good reason for this 

Doesn't mean it isn't in the pipeline but I would bet my bottom dollar there is a minimum criteria in place before we can push that button and we ain't there yet 

There is a sense of desperation there at the moment, from the likes of the vermin and the sheep throwing money at untried and untested signings. Not saying some of them won't work out for them but would rather they were doing this, than us.

They know full well if we pull away and get minimum 3rd each year, they will have a hard hard job catching us 

Would rather it took us another 3-5 years even, to pull away from everyone else and then maybe look at things like expansion provided at that particular time we are dominating the rest of the football landscape, out with the OF 

We have the biggest opportunity in our history, right now to get in a position to challenge the OF consistently, but we have to have patience and see this all through. The way we are going about it currently, in my own humble opinion is absolutely the right way to do it

Libertarian
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Absolutely agree with everything above 

Can anyone confirm if the board have discussed increasing capacity, and the club's official policy on this....?

highlandjambo3

I see they have upgraded the ticket scanners in the main stand with the other stands to follow……….

Does that include the disinfectant station for the away fans 😁 

41662078-7FEC-420A-B57E-B4AD1F230DD9.jpeg

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I like that it’s voice activated as the amount of people who go to events/games that scan tickets but don’t know when to go thru is staggering 

Sounds like Scott Wilson. 🥸

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No entry unless you agree to attend the Richard F Mackay sale on Sunday.

Edited by hughesie27

jamboinglasgow

They need to get a lot of ex-players to record it. 

I wonder if it's easily customisable.

A wee welcome message to the Hibs support as they go in, FTH :wink:

30 minutes ago, taylor75 said:

Watching the commonwealth games just to see our TV screens lol..

You won't see them tonight.

35 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

You won't see them 

Watching them now ...on bbc1 unless you have chored them lol...

Just now, taylor75 said:

Watching them now ...on bbc1 unless you have chored them lol...

Do they look anything like the same dimensions as this? No. Ours will be at one of the other venues.

SmartSelect_20220728-210259_Chrome.jpg

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Do they look anything like the same dimensions as this? No. Ours will be at one of the other venues.

SmartSelect_20220728-210259_Chrome.jpg

I'm thinking they're at the velodrome for the cycling but I'm not sure if I've read that or been told by a gobshite.

Fort Vallance
7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

They need to get a lot of ex-players to record it. 

Have to be selective.  Not too many going to understand Gary Locke. Bit like a sat navs. If it's a birds voice you're just going to ignore it anyway.

Look forward to seeing the new disco lights that have been installed along the length of the Wheatfield and Main Stand.

4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Look forward to seeing the new disco lights that have been installed along the length of the Wheatfield and Main Stand.

Does it look like they have been installed? Photos required.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

🥸

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

I have pics but they’re too big to upload 🤷🏻‍♂️

Shrink them then. 

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

They are the exact same lights as the ones on the pylons just that the club have had to double the number to be UEFA Compliant. What makes you so sure that they are disco lights. Personally I couldn't care less if they are disco lights or not it's a football stadium not a nightclub. 

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

🥸

I never thought to take pics, but for those that didn't notice, they're running along the length of the Wheatfield and Main stands close/at similar intervals to where the PA is hung. You could see the 16A cables powering them if you looked closely.  This pic isn't great for seeing them, but I've highlighted the ones in the WHEATFIELD that are in the photo with a red box.

ross county 30Jul22 new lights low.jpg

4 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

They are the exact same lights as the ones on the pylons just that the club have had to double the number to be UEFA Compliant. What makes you so sure that they are disco lights. Personally I couldn't care less if they are disco lights or not it's a football stadium not a nightclub. 

I think you're probably correct here and they are just additional flood lights rather than "Disco Lights" (which is a pity IMO).

Surely if they were disco lights the club would have already announced we are getting them fitted.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, tazhearts said:

I think you're probably correct here and they are just additional flood lights rather than "Disco Lights" (which is a pity IMO).

Surely if they were disco lights the club would have already announced we are getting them fitted.

Don’t think we need disco lights. 🥸

Doctor FinnBarr
15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Don’t think we need disco lights. 🥸

Rock disco lights flashing on and off to Rammstein or AC/DC maybe but run of the mill disco lights, naw.

davemclaren
Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Rock disco lights flashing on and off to Rammstein or AC/DC maybe but run of the mill disco lights, naw.

Maybe. 

Doctor FinnBarr

Maybe. 

Just maybe? "Highway to Hell" or "We are family"? Your choice mate.

davemclaren
Just now, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Just maybe? "Highway to Hell" or "We are family"? Your choice mate.

I’m more a Deep Purple man - Highway Star 

Doctor FinnBarr
Just now, davemclaren said:

I’m more a Deep Purple man - Highway Star 

Defo not Sister Sledge then?

On 09/11/2021 at 03:38, been here before said:

Cornurssssss.

Dae the cornurssss.

Make the Wheatfield bigger but its the cornurssss.

It’s probably an engineering issue tying in two independent structures.

Not nearly as straightforward as it seems, not to mention a fair few quid to make it work. I imagine the club don’t see that as a cost efficient solution. 
Two bigger stands at Gorgie and School with two tiers each is what I would look at to make 27,000.

The lower levels being standing (safe)

8 hours ago, tazhearts said:

I'm a little surprised that they are virtually doubling the number of lamps to be honest. I wouldn't have thought that it would have taken that many to reach UEFA criteria. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

Never mind all this aspirational stuff, some hand towels in the toilets before the game and at half time would be nice. 😬

maroondevo52
6 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Never mind all this aspirational stuff, some hand towels in the toilets before the game and at half time would be nice. 😬

and how hard can it be to clean all the bird crap off the steps in upper N.

Doctor FinnBarr
8 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

This is why the good lord gave us denim.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumped this thread cos didnae know quite where to post this. Bit random, but Hearts have just tweeted out this pic. What’s the white board on the gable end of the stand here? Is it an advert? Is it new?

8C583A89-8688-484A-A869-8FA62D74A9A3.jpeg

5 hours ago, Mr Sifter said:

Bumped this thread cos didnae know quite where to post this. Bit random, but Hearts have just tweeted out this pic. What’s the white board on the gable end of the stand here? Is it an advert? Is it new?

8C583A89-8688-484A-A869-8FA62D74A9A3.jpeg

New ad below the control room? Think it's Murrayfield Construction. 

40 minutes ago, Dunks said:

New ad below the control room? Think it's Murrayfield Construction. 

Cheers Dunks. Just back from the game and didnae even think to check ffs 🤪

I am convinced after seeing the additional lights they are the Euro disco lighting, they look nice compact LED ones. I am a sparky so will probs be wrong lol

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL - UEFA category 4 granted ( updated/merged )