TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL? ( merged )

chrisyboy7

Does anyone on this forum know or roughly know what can be achieved with our wonderful stadium. The club will know doubt grow steadily but can the stadium keep up......I love tyncastle never want to leave.....But can we make it bigger or not.....Currently just over 20k capacity....But in reality its not is it......The segregation needed is around a 600 seat loss..... along with various other parts of the ground that seem to be closed off at some games. 

The club have came so far and the new stand is an unbelievable achievement indeed even though i'm sure we all wish it was a few thousand bigger. I have since learned that it was the amazing Edinburgh council planning department that held it to the 7200 approx capacity....i could be wrong though.

a steady successful Hearts will only lead to a rise in demand for both home and away fans......There is so much potential income to be made long term....But is it possible to do so?

Fire away.........

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Led Tasso

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

There isn't really a lot of room to upgrade anything other than the Wheatfield and filling in corners.  Given the difficulty and enclosed space the stadium is in you would wonder if a need arose for substantially bigger capacity we would have to move to a new ground..

I wouldn't expect any major stadium development to be a priority in the next 15 years, however.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There isn't really a lot of room to upgrade anything other than the Wheatfield and filling in corners.  Given the difficulty and enclosed space the stadium is in you would wonder if a need arose for substantially bigger capacity we would have to move to a new ground..

I wouldn't expect any major stadium development to be a priority in the next 15 years, however.

This is disapointing

Just now, chrisyboy7 said:

This is disapointing

What exactly do you think our capacity should be and how often do you think it would get filled?

Say we wanted to add another tier onto the Wheatfield, how much do you think that would cost if it was even possible, and where would Hearts play while this development was going on?

Given we have just spent a fortune on the new main stand, do you think investing in the playing squad should be a priority over building a new stand for a demand we don't know if we will satisfy?

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

What exactly do you think our capacity should be and how often do you think it would get filled?

Say we wanted to add another tier onto the Wheatfield, how much do you think that would cost if it was even possible, and where would Hearts play while this development was going on?

Given we have just spent a fortune on the new main stand, do you think investing in the playing squad should be a priority over building a new stand for a demand we don't know if we will satisfy?

Not sure why you are firing questions at me....you have clearly missed my point... You are clearly happy to have a very small stadium that we cant grow in therefor always struggle to achieve or even get near our potential.....If this is as good as it gets then fine......Now i know......Some people have ambition and dreams.....some don't and live in a cave,

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Doubt we will outgrow the stadium anytime soon. For big European ties we will use Murrayfield. 

You are correct but im not talking about tomorrow.....but it will be too small sooner that you think....unless Craig levein makes a return.....

Not sure why you are firing questions at me....you have clearly missed my point... You are clearly happy to have a very small stadium that we cant grow in therefor always struggle to achieve or even get near our potential.....If this is as good as it gets then fine......Now i know......Some people have ambition and dreams.....some don't and live in a cave,

:cornette:

Keep taking those tablets.  Maybe if you have a spare £40m+ you could donate it to FOH to get it built?

jambo-in-furness

We need a definite segregation fence,  size of away fans area to be probably one section,  make the away fans stay a period of time after the final whistle while the home fans disperse,  this is commonplace in other countries. 

Reorganise and put more turnstiles at the wheat field entrance.

With a permanent fence we can segregate or when necessary give the full Roseburn to the away fans.

There isn’t even enough demand now to even think about increasing capacity.

Even if we could it would be far too costly to redevelop. Tynecastle has reached or maximum and we don’t need to expand.

Just now, frankblack said:

Keep taking those tablets.  Maybe if you have a spare £40m+ you could donate it to FOH to get it built?

Can i ask how long you have had a season ticket at Easter Road.....You really should go and derail another thread as this one is for the ones that know the answers not the spoon burners.....Seriously you sound like you have nothing better to do than express negativity.....

I was asking a simple bunch of questions.....you clearly have no idea....My queston was not what the costs would be but what was possible....pmsl....join a reading class....

Double tier wheatfield. Box in or incorporate the Gorgie Road end into one whole stand complete with a corner to emulate the main stand. Upgraded everything including hospitality suites (boxes) bars and fanzone. 

Might as well dream big 

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

yeah - come on frank! you're so negative. please reply saying we should be building a 50,000 all seater stadium so you can prove you have dreams and ambition......and also a complete lack of reality. 🤣🤪

Does anyone on this forum know or roughly know what can be achieved with our wonderful stadium. The club will know doubt grow steadily but can the stadium keep up......I love tyncastle never want to leave.....But can we make it bigger or not.....Currently just over 20k capacity....But in reality its not is it......The segregation needed is around a 600 seat loss..... along with various other parts of the ground that seem to be closed off at some games. 

The club have came so far and the new stand is an unbelievable achievement indeed even though i'm sure we all wish it was a few thousand bigger. I have since learned that it was the amazing Edinburgh council planning department that held it to the 7200 approx capacity....i could be wrong though.

a steady successful Hearts will only lead to a rise in demand for both home and away fans......There is so much potential income to be made long term....But is it possible to do so?

Fire away.........

Ignore the hate you are spot on, if we want to challenge both celtic and rangers we will have too expand at some point, as celtic are looking into options to expand and so are rangers. 

1 minute ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Can i ask how long you have had a season ticket at Easter Road.....You really should go and derail another thread as this one is for the ones that know the answers not the spoon burners.....Seriously you sound like you have nothing better to do than express negativity.....

Seriously that is the best you can come up with against someone who has been registered on here longer than you have "supported" Hearts?  Oh dear. :rofl:

1 minute ago, chrisyboy7 said:

I was asking a simple bunch of questions.....you clearly have no idea....My queston was not what the costs would be but what was possible....pmsl....join a reading class....

You and simple sound about right.  You got abusive when you didn't like the perfectly reasonable answer I gave.

4 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

:laugh2: behave!

In short though, without demolition I doubt much more would be possible

2 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

yeah - come on frank! you're so negative. please reply saying we should be building a 50,000 all seater stadium so you can prove you have dreams and ambition......and also a complete lack of reality. 🤣🤪

Maybe if Wallace had got his way and shut down his mob we could be a one club city and get those kinds of crowds.

This thread is much needed, haven’t had one on this topic for hours!

Although the OP should be banned for life from jkb for not knowing how to spell Tynecastle! 

• Maple Leaf changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL?
1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Although the OP should be banned for life from jkb for not knowing how to spell Tynecastle! 

He has most likely only seen it on the TV to be fair.

One for the classics I think.

35 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

Fire away.........

Is there an echo in here? 🙄

3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Also, it’s Tynecastle Park (not stadium) C8B4703D-CE53-429D-89B6-8419FB4E89DE.gif.b18bdde83bb27736979918bf1bf840ad.gif

Sir Craig Gordon

In our 147 years, when have we ever out grown our stadium? What makes you think we are suddenly going to now? I said on an other thread that 22k would probably be an ideal size, especially for Hibs, Celtic & Rangers games, but it's only ideal if were are consistently top 3. We've never done that in my 25 years of following the club.

Just now, Sir Craig Gordon said:

In our 147 years, when have we ever out grown our stadium? What makes you think we are suddenly going to now? I said on an other thread that 22k would probably be an ideal size, especially for Hibs, Celtic & Rangers games, but it's only ideal if were are consistently top 3. We've never done that in my 25 years of following the club.

Waiting list for season tickets during the romanov era. 

Just now, Sir Craig Gordon said:

So one season.

You asked the question i answered it? Maybe the club can do more to attract fans to games, it's obvious we can take more with the points i made further up. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

You asked the question i answered it? Maybe the club can do more to attract fans to games, it's obvious we can take more with the points i made further up. 

Don't pretend there isn't a point in there though.

The thing is, it's just not really doable without MAJOR expense, and anyway, with local pressures it's unlikely we'd even be allowed to increase capacity by much if at all.

30 minutes ago, been here before said:

Cornurssssss.

Dae the cornurssss.

Make the Wheatfield bigger but its the cornurssss.

This would involve removing the floodlighting.  This is a problem as the support towers form part of the structure for the stands.  It would prove to be an expensive refurbishment in relation to the number of seats it would add.

Sir Craig Gordon
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes you did answer it but should we expand because of 1 season? We then finished 8th few seasons later, where was the waiting list then? As I originally said, unless we are consistently top 3 there is absolutely no point trying to make Tynecastle bigger.

Niemi’s gloves
15 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

To be fair, one of the numerous Hearts mugs I possess, bought perhaps 30 years ago, is labelled “Tyncastle Stadium”.

I’m pretty sure it came from the club shop! 

21 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Double tier wheatfield. Box in or incorporate the Gorgie Road end into one whole stand complete with a corner to emulate the main stand. Upgraded everything including hospitality suites (boxes) bars and fanzone. 

Might as well dream big 

11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Waiting list for season tickets during the romanov era. 

That was because he capped the limit Hearts would sell to give him some cash flow during the season because he spent all the season ticket  income before August was over. 

Just now, frankblack said:

The OP started dishing out the abuse completely unprovoked when he didn't like an answer opposed to his.

Wrong you asked him what do you think the capacity should be and would well fill it, asking this question you know right away,you're agenda is to put him on the back foot, as he can't possibly answer any of them questions, it also comes across as really insulting because as it stands currently Hibs have more capacity than us, now if there is any team in Edinburgh close to selling out it's not Hibs is it. 

The OP has raised a valid point, do you really think with 20k we can sustain Robbies and savages plans of challenging rangers and celtic or could we give Robbie and the club an even better chance of closing the gap by getting more people to tynecastle. 

Can we keep the likes of Woodburn at Hearts with an up to date stadium. 

And really turn hearts into a force in Scottish football? 

Because whether you like it or not we're based in the capital, we have supporters from England all over the UK that come to watch us, America if I've missed anyone then i apologise. 

Hearts are all over the world. 

And i think we can attract more fans to our great club, and i think evidence proves that we have done exactly that in the past. 

1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

To be fair, one of the numerous Hearts mugs I possess, bought perhaps 30 years ago, is labelled “Tyncastle Stadium”.

I’m pretty sure it came from the club shop! 

:laugh2:

Bazzas right boot

Some of the down sides of staying at Tynecastle were-

The pitch is too small for certain European games. 

Expansion is limited in terms of actual size and the return on any investment to do it. 

I was happy to stay at Tynecastle but a  25k all singing and dancing number outside of town would have given us  the opportunity to have a bigger a stadium. 

That ship has sailed at least for 15/20 years. 

If anything if we become European regulars we should make the pitch bigger, this would further reduce capacity. 

Just now, Smithee said:

Don't pretend there isn't a point in there though.

The thing is, it's just not really doable without MAJOR expense, and anyway, with local pressures it's unlikely we'd even be allowed to increase capacity by much if at all.

Heaton jambo has already shown what could be done, we could expand to 32k if we had the demand for it. 

Just now, Disco Ball said:

That was because he capped the limit Hearts would sell to give him some cash flow during the season because he spent all the season ticket  income before August was over. 

And because the demand was there 👍

41 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

So you don't live in a cave, but you have only just realised that it is difficult to expand capacity at Tynie?

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Heaton jambo has already shown what could be done, we could expand to 32k if we had the demand for it. 

I don't see that post, but I didn't say it couldn't be done, I said it's not really doable without major expense.

And, like I said, the stadium's inside the blast zone from the distillery, no way we'd be allowed to increase to 32k.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Some of the down sides of staying at Tynecastle were-

The pitch is too small for certain European games. 

Expansion is limited in terms of actual size and the return on any investment to do it. 

I was happy to stay at Tynecastle but a  25k all singing and dancing number outside of town would have given us  the opportunity to have a bigger a stadium. 

That ship has sailed at least for 15/20 years. 

If anything if we become European regulars we should make the pitch bigger, this would further reduce capacity. 

Has it though? with James Anderson at the helm Ann is not short of money 😉

If Ann and James want to cement there legacy forever at Hearts what better way to give us a stadium, that will benefit us in years to come, will attract better players and will close the gap on those feckers, Gorgie Rules!!! 

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Can you link to this / the posts if possible?

Different Class
59 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nothing 

At its final maximum 

Could have closed thread here. Debating should we / shouldn't we for the rest of time doesn't make expansion possible. Wheatfield and Roseburn can only be extended backwards with the purchase of land that will not happen, due to the cost involved making the very limited extra capacity pointless.

Tbf, why can't we have a fence/dividing line type thing in Roseburn, to segregate away fans (similar to how dandy dons have it) to reduce the amount of seats used as segregation at present and wasting seats/revenue...

alex young hero

I seem to remember we have restrictions on the Tynecastle footprint due the school and the nearby industrial units a health and safety issue perhaps.

• davemclaren changed the title to TYNECASTLE STADIUM UPGRADE POTENTIAL? ( merged )