John souttar

William H. Bonney

Absolute Scenes

I know John distantly and know that his Mrs is settled work wise here. They also have a young daughter, so from a family perspective, a move to Celtic would probably be appealing for him. Would make it more bitter for us, but i couldnt begrudge him making a decision to move to Celtic/Rangers to suit not only him, wage-wise, but family-wise too.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

4 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Hartley did not tarnish his bond with Hearts fans when he joined Celtic!

McLaren did not tarnish his bond with Hearts fans when he joined Rangers?

Pressley tarnished his bond when he returned to Tynecastle with Celtic and acted like an absolute dick at the wind up!

Agreed ! 

Every time he speaks he shows utter disdain for the people who paid his wages = the fans. 

John Souttar may or may not move to one of the OF but one thing I am confident of is he will not disrespect the Hearts or their fans in the way 

Pressley did. 

I liked Pressley but every time he opens his trap he opens old wounds. 

How dare the fans expect a little bit of respect seems his attitude. 

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aberdeen I thought?

I can't swear to it, but I feel sure I've read it in an interview or something

If Souttar goes to either of the bigot brothers for free then I hope his next shite is a hedgehog. If he goes down south, especially for a fee and/or a sell on fee then wish him all the luck in the world

31 minutes ago, XB52 said:

If Souttar goes to either of the bigot brothers for free then I hope his next shite is a hedgehog. If he goes down south, especially for a fee and/or a sell on fee then wish him all the luck in the world

Exactly where I'm at. I guess we'll find out very soon.

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's 100% correct, if Souttar goes to the OF, especially for a free very few will wish him well. 

He's not a dick either, he's a legend. 

0_Scottish-FA-Cup-Final-Hearts-v-Grenta-May-2006.jpg

He was a dick that day!

24E59CF1-127E-4151-B0B2-1DE64529EFC5.jpeg

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I can't swear to it, but I feel sure I've read it in an interview or something

Quite possibly, he was born near Aberdeen but seems to have links with Brechin also. 

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I think you’ve encapsulated how most of us feel about it 👍🏽

Bazzas right boot
49 minutes ago, XB52 said:

🤣🤣😂

Same. 

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

!

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Agreed ! 

Every time he speaks he shows utter disdain for the people who paid his wages = the fans. 

John Souttar may or may not move to one of the OF but one thing I am confident of is he will not disrespect the Hearts or their fans in the way 

Pressley did. 

I liked Pressley but every time he opens his trap he opens old wounds. 

How dare the fans expect a little bit of respect seems his attitude. 

Disrespect the fans..... 

We have one on here calling him a a "dick". 

😂😂😂

What fans expect a little bit of respect apart from this one?

6553026096b1b7c65bd11e1ab106de47.jpg

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He was a dick that day!

Team captain in goal celebration shocker!

(Ps ... Romanov have anything to do with that?)

59 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He was a dick that day!

This old chestnut again.

Was he a dick that day? Absolutely yes (as was Strachan making him captain).

Does it or should it outweigh what he did in a Hearts jersey? Absolutely not.

9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The j in John isn't small, it has a capital.  

arg, i read the address bar and it was showing as lowercase

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

He was a dick that day!

Had this debate on Twitter 

I was more pissed off that the snidey wee prick Strachan had made him captain just to turn the poison up inside the stadium, he knew what he was doing and that Elvis, as captain, would have to play it to the baying Celtic horde

I know its not a popular opinion but he was 100% in every single thing he did, as captain he had to show he cared, he had to play it up.

Don't think that wee prick ever made him captain except for that day.

I get why folk hate him for it, I just think it was typical of the man and Strachan is a wank

Steven Pressley says it as it is, sure he has that tainted side kissing the Celtic badge. What he says in the article regarding Soapy is 100 per cent bang on, not privvy to the details of the said offer from Joe. All i'm saying is the way things are looking we may have to take a free hit on John if he decides his future lays elsewhere. Definetley need to keep him to see this season to an end.

Edited by A.JAMBO

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Disrespect the fans..... 

We have one on here calling him a a "dick". 

😂😂😂

What fans expect a little bit of respect apart from this one?

6553026096b1b7c65bd11e1ab106de47.jpg

Think you’ll find quite a few Hearts fans thought Pressley acted like a dick that day Tosh!

2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Team captain in goal celebration shocker!

(Ps ... Romanov have anything to do with that?)

PS Romanov wasn’t there that day!

3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Think you’ll find quite a few Hearts fans thought Pressley acted like a dick that day Tosh!

I get folk feeling he acted like a dick that day. Pretty clear was furious with Romanov but he didn't think about how he acted and how the fans might perceive it.

What seems weird to me is that 10 seconds of thumping his Celtic badge erases everything he did at Hearts before that for some people.

17 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I get folk feeling he acted like a dick that day. Pretty clear was furious with Romanov but he didn't think about how he acted and how the fans might perceive it.

What seems weird to me is that 10 seconds of thumping his Celtic badge erases everything he did at Hearts before that for some people.

It wasn’t just 10 seconds of chest thumping. He was at the wind up for the whole game

9 hours ago, Thomaso said:

It wasn’t just 10 seconds of chest thumping. He was at the wind up for the whole game

I forgive him. Still a hero of mine. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 26/11/2021 at 00:30, ToqueJambo said:

Listened to a really interesting Scarves over Funnel podcast with Andy Driver and Ryan McGowan talking about how players think at times like this. Both said what we've said that Souttar could go south for more money to the Championship and find himself not playing due to a manager change or something and then miss out on a. World Cup. Stay at Hearts another year or so and he's a regular for Scotland when fit looking forward to a possible World Cup and with a chance of trophies he won't have in the championship. Both think he should stay a bit longer and prove his fitness, establish himself with Scotland etc.

Another interesting point was that there's a big difference between going to Stoke for example for free or a low fee and going there for 3-4m or whatever. Driver and Ryan said clubs will give a player signed with a big fanfare for a good fee more chances. A player signed for nothing can be dropped or replaced very easily.

Driver said although he missed out on huge money by not going to Burnley he wouldn't swap the cup win for anything. Lesson being it's not the money you look back on when you're done playing.

Was a great podcast.

Driver was funny as **** - you’d never really have thought that watching him on the pitch.

4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

I forgive him. Still a hero of mine. 

Bully for you

19 hours ago, A.JAMBO said:

Steven Pressley says it as it is, sure he has that tainted side kissing the Celtic badge. What he says in the article regarding Soapy is 100 per cent bang on, not privvy to the details of the said offer from Joe. All i'm saying is the way things are looking we may have to take a free hit on John if he decides his future lays elsewhere. Definetley need to keep him to see this season to an end.

League prize money diff between third and fifth or sixth is circa £0.5m. Add in a possible money-spinning cup run and any fee for him in Jan needs to be at least £750k. 

8 minutes ago, Section Q said:

7 duels won, 6 clearances: Nottingham Forest linked 25-year-old oozes class during win

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2021/12/07/7-aerial-duels-won-6-clearances-forest-target-john-souttar-shows-class/

So if they sell Woral for 10+ mill we could get a reasonable bid for Soapy.    Reasonable would be 2.5 mill?  Depending on other or raised bids. 

Hope it goes ahead personally.   If we can get a replacement only.   No point weakening the team just for afew million. 

The White Cockade
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

So if they sell Woral for 10+ mill we could get a reasonable bid for Soapy.    Reasonable would be 2.5 mill?  Depending on other or raised bids. 

Hope it goes ahead personally.   If we can get a replacement only.   No point weakening the team just for afew million. 

he can go for nowt in June so can't see anybody paying anywhere near 2.5m for an extra 6 months

On 01/12/2021 at 10:39, john thomas said:

Think quite a few thought McGinn was a standout player at Hibs 

Obviously you're not supposed to say things like that

His big fat arse was certainly a standout. 

4 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

he can go for nowt in June so can't see anybody paying anywhere near 2.5m for an extra 6 months

A club with cash to spend who need a central defender might be willing to pay relatively big money in January rather than risk losing out in the summer when Souttar will have a pick of clubs.

The White Cockade
5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

A club with cash to spend who need a central defender might be willing to pay relatively big money in January rather than risk losing out in the summer when Souttar will have a pick of clubs.

we'll soon find out I guess

5 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Guess at West Ham. 

10 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

I think he'll walk for half a million in January. No sign he's interested in staying with us. Halkett if he goes will be a bit less than that. Personally, if we've a chance of getting second in the league we'd be as well keeping them and letting them walk at the end of the season. No doubt Savage is doing his thing and scavenging around looking for replacements.

Sat through the whole game and I was vaguely pleased that the support hadn't given him any real grief throughout, there was a kind of stunned element about it all, we were watching things disintegrate in front of us but this wan't taken out on the players and noticeably Gordon or Hartley only ever spoke about Hearts to be complimentary after the Riccarton 3 incident and fallout from that.

Gordon and Hartley are still hugely well-regarded at Tynecastle, Gordon even more understandably now, both turned up with Celtic, done a job and didn't behave like petulant weans when they'd done well against us with Celtic.

Tosh McKinlay to Parkhead, think all that really annoyed folk was that he was suddenly awash in Scotland caps when possibly he was the better player at Tynie before the move. 

Pressley could have quietly made the move, won here with some dignity and I'd even have seen his point if he wound up Romanov when able.  Reason he burned his boats was that he twisted the knife in front of people who backed him all the way, people that had practically supported his every turn.

The only one that spoiled Pressley's place in the history of the club amongst the support is Pressley, no interest in the Celtic element other than they are major footballing rivals, all this Shnake drivel done my nut in but Pressley had no qualms about tramping our faces in the dirt when we had idolised him before and shit his own bed with the Hearts support, that's all he needs to let others know about what happened with his move.

Cost himself a likely managerial appointment here by being a juvenile cretin.

1 hour ago, Mister T said:

His big fat arse was certainly a standout. 

Kenny Dalglish had a big fat arse too 

Not comparing them but McGinn is (and was) a very good player

1 hour ago, RobM said:

Sat through the whole game and I was vaguely pleased that the support hadn't given him any real grief throughout, there was a kind of stunned element about it all, we were watching things disintegrate in front of us but this wan't taken out on the players and noticeably Gordon or Hartley only ever spoke about Hearts to be complimentary after the Riccarton 3 incident and fallout from that.

Gordon and Hartley are still hugely well-regarded at Tynecastle, Gordon even more understandably now, both turned up with Celtic, done a job and didn't behave like petulant weans when they'd done well against us with Celtic.

Tosh McKinlay to Parkhead, think all that really annoyed folk was that he was suddenly awash in Scotland caps when possibly he was the better player at Tynie before the move. 

Pressley could have quietly made the move, won here with some dignity and I'd even have seen his point if he wound up Romanov when able.  Reason he burned his boats was that he twisted the knife in front of people who backed him all the way, people that had practically supported his every turn.

The only one that spoiled Pressley's place in the history of the club amongst the support is Pressley, no interest in the Celtic element other than they are major footballing rivals, all this Shnake drivel done my nut in but Pressley had no qualms about tramping our faces in the dirt when we had idolised him before and shit his own bed with the Hearts support, that's all he needs to let others know about what happened with his move.

Great post however the “Get over it” brigade aren’t listening mate.

heartgarfunkel
1 hour ago, RobM said:

Bang on the money here Rob.  The vast, vast, majority of the Hearts support are tolerant and balanced individuals, and judge ex-players reasonably.  Very sadly, Pressley bizarrely and unjustifiably decided to give it the GIRFUY to those who paid his wages and lauded him.  Crazy.  Wasn't a wee laddie either at that point.

27 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Get over it mate

Has he repented and asked for forgiveness for that merde?

No!

Doesn't reap the benefit it being "got over," until he does.

37 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

No!

Well said! 👍

10 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

No!

What about forgiving people like it says in bible?

10 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

No!

Aye ok God

1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

Like Gordon, Harltey, Tosh, etc etc? 

If Gordon had injured himself like he did at Sunderland during the quadruple treble and the 69 unbeaten it would have been a mixed reaction.

15 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What about forgiving people like it says in bible?

Please don't quote the Bible out of context.  There's enough professing Christians do that.

10 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Please don't quote the Bible out of context.  There's enough professing Christians do that.

533C2FCD-A357-42CD-BE83-FF6E4274A601.jpeg

3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

533C2FCD-A357-42CD-BE83-FF6E4274A601.jpeg

That is not the context of my original post.

Colossians 3:12-16  

"Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,  (13)  bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.  (14)  And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.  (15)  And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. (The Church of Christ) And be thankful.  (16)  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God."

That's the context!

First, the forgiveness here is within "God's chosen ones, holy and beloved," for those who, "Let the word of Christ dwell in [them]richly."

Secondly, in the general sense, there is a huge difference between the forgiveness that we have in our hearts for those who hurt us (God's concern being the spiritual state of the heart of the person who is angry/hurt).  Resentment and bitterness do more damage to the hurt person than the perpetrator.  In this way a mother can say she forgives the murderer of her child but that does not mean the person gets off with it.  They still serve time!

I personally hold no grievance with Elvis over the issue but understand that he cannot expect it just to be forgotten when he has not apologised or asked for forgiveness.