John souttar

William H. Bonney

Under the floodlight

Hearts to lose one of our better playesr but the media make the story about an imaginary loss for the OF, absolutely pathetic reporting from the Scottish media, but no surprise.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

But not Celtic, which is where he will almost certainly end up. Could be a done deal already. Next Thursday evening will be interesting. 

I agree with you. 

I think he's already at celtic. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

That's where I think he's going. He'd be mad to sign for them. He'll only be keeping their bench warn. The arse cheeks only sign players to weaken their opponents as opposed to strengthen their own sides.

They don't have money to do that these days and I've never really bought into it anyway. They finish miles in front of everybody else every year (bar the odd exception) so I don't see what's to be gained by wasting money on bench warmers. 

14 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Can a moderator explain why a John Souttar thread has all sorts of mindless slavering from repeat offender

Because a certain other poster goaded him into it. Pathetic from both.

So the ugly inbred sisters are signing him for free, the same sisters who want to walk into the Premiership, but now he wants to play in England there are a host of Championship clubs interested...  Scottish Media are riddled with arseholes.  If Premiership wanna-be scum want him and want into the Premiership, how isn't he good enough to play in the big league?

Bazzas right boot

D R reporting he prefers an English move! 

I can live with that, with the number of clubs involved we may get half a decent fee as well. 

Stoke we know also need cover now, so they may pay a higher figure than they initially wanted to in order to get him in. 

Some of the clubs tho, Millwall, Luton, Blackpool, Preston... **** me how can these clubs afford more than Hearts. 

I hate sky for the imbalance they created. 

Depressing. 

Blackburn, qpr and Stoke stand out as clubs that will blow us out the water and as some say may harbour dreams of EPL football. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I can live with that, with the number of clubs involved we may get half a decent fee as well. 

Stoke we know also need cover now, so they may pay a higher figure than they initially wanted to in order to get him in. 

Some of the clubs tho, Millwall, Luton, Blackpool, Preston... **** me how can these clubs afford more than Hearts. 

Depressing. 

Blackburn, qpr and Stoke stand out as clubs that will blow us out the water and as some say may harbour dreams of EPL football. 

These clubs can afford him, providing they don’t go down to L1. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, davemclaren said:

These clubs can afford him, providing the don’t go down to L1. 

Yip, still depressing tho. 

And afford is a leap Tbh... 

If you mean continue to build up debt in order to chase a dream then aye, afford is the correct term. 

Derby, Bolton, Wigan, Birmingham, Sunderland, etc's recent accountants may debate the use and word afford when it comes to most championship clubs! 😁

Again, I hate sky. 

Bungalow Bill

Given how short a footballers career is and the injuries he’s had he’s perfectly within his rights to seek a free move. I honestly have no issue with him moving for free. 

Forever Hearts
16 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

Given how short a footballers career is and the injuries he’s had he’s perfectly within his rights to seek a free move. I honestly have no issue with him moving for free. 

Whether he goes for free or not is up to him and won't affect the length of his career. It would be nice if he signed a new deal on the condition that the first acceptable offer that comes in he can go. 

Bazzas right boot

Maybe a bit controversial but I think Souttar could play in the epl and if he goes to the OF he could well be their captain. 

He reminds me of David Weir more than CL in playing style and he had a decent career at Everton and was rangers captain not far of Robbies age. 

We tend to undervalue our players and over hype others, especially the English leagues.

He ****ed of for nought as well iirc. 

😭

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Boof said:

Souttar have any young family?

Even if so, abroad wouldn't do him any harm, IMO.

Depends, I'd avoid the Gaza strip or Russias bordering countries. 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I find it fairly astonishing that no EPL clubs are apparently interested in him.

Took McGinn and Robertson a trip to the championship before they went up the level from an non old firm club.  Only Gordon and Fletcher I can remember going directly to the EPL. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Took McGinn and Robertson a trip to the championship before they went up the level from an non old firm club.  Only Gordon and Fletcher I can remember going directly to the EPL. 

Weir, Naysmith from us. 

A while back tho. 

Berra, Patterson, Cameron all went the championship route 

The Hamilton guys and the hibs full back who was shite on loan  but ended up great for wolves I think all the championship as well. 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Weir, Naysmith from us. 

A while back tho. 

Berra, Patterson, Cameron all went the championship route 

The Hamilton guys and the hibs full back who was shite on loan  but ended up great for wolves I think all the championship as well. 

Yeah eventually.  The pathway in general is here to Championship unless at the old firm.  Two good examples in 1998/99 tho. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah eventually.  The pathway in general is here to Championship unless at the old firm.  Two good examples in 1998/99 tho. 

Agreed. 

You'd need to be competing in Europe and  reasonably well to go direct I think now. 

59 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I find it fairly astonishing that no EPL clubs are apparently interested in him.

He'd be an upgrade on Harry Maguire who Man Utd spunked about 96million on :rofl:

Fort Vallance
10 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree with you. 

I think he's already at celtic. 

I disagree. I think he's focussed on moving south.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I disagree. I think he's focussed on moving south.

Could be! 

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Depressing. 

Question is - can they offer him more than Rangers or Celtic.  Money, trophies, Europe, Scotland caps - sadly the answer is almost certainly no. Their only upside is a possible long shot at getting into the epl or the fact that epl clubs recruit more from the championship than the Scottish Premiership. 

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, still depressing tho. 

And afford is a leap Tbh... 

If you mean continue to build up debt in order to chase a dream then aye, afford is the correct term. 

Derby, Bolton, Wigan, Birmingham, Sunderland, etc's recent accountants may debate the use and word afford when it comes to most championship clubs! 😁

Again, I hate sky. 

Only clubs worth going to are those recently relegate from epl. They should still have plenty of money from the para payments. They are also the most likely to go back up - Norwich, West Brom, Fulham, Bournemouth. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Question is - can they offer him more than Rangers or Celtic.  Money, trophies, Europe, Scotland caps - sadly the answer is almost certainly no. Their only upside is a possible long shot at getting into the epl or the fact that epl clubs recruit more from the championship than the Scottish Premiership. 

I know someone very, very close to Souttar. He is only interested in going down south. You can take that to the bank. 

Just now, andydog said:

I know someone very, very close to Souttar. He is only interested in going down south. You can take that to the bank. 

Don’t doubt you, I just think when it come to final decisions the OF will blow championship clubs out of the water unless he is desperate to play in same team as his brother. 

Forever Hearts
15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t doubt you, I just think when it come to final decisions the OF will blow championship clubs out of the water unless he is desperate to play in same team as his brother. 

The Old Firm won't be paying more than your wealthiest EFL clubs. 

IMO he is nowhere near the EPL. He made us better when he came back but that had as much to do with the change of shape than the fact he was back.

He simply not quick enough, strong enough or good enough in the air to get regular EPL game time. 

His big strength is with the ball at his feet but he still regularly gives it away.

35 minutes ago, andydog said:

Cheers for that Mr dog. Makes me for one feel a lot better

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Cheers for that Mr dog. Makes me for one feel a lot better

Me too… I hate the uglies swiping Scottish players while paying a pittance. 🤬… like vultures picking a carcass, while coming out with pish like ‘at least the money stays in Scotland’. 

I get the “short career” stuff but the fact remains he’s used Hearts (it could easily have been any club) as a stepping-stone to his own advantage.

I just hope Hearts get a decent pay-back for their investment.

Forever Hearts
27 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Me too… I hate the uglies swiping Scottish players while paying a pittance. 🤬… like vultures picking a carcass, while coming out with pish like ‘at least the money stays in Scotland’. 

Does the money not stay in Scotland anyway, regardless of who pays it? 🤔 

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I get the “short career” stuff but the fact remains he’s used Hearts (it could easily have been any club) as a stepping-stone to his own advantage.

Doesn’t every player try to use Hearts as a stepping stone to greater things?  I’d imagine every player that plays for us has ambitions of one day playing in the EPL.  It would be a bit weird for a professional footballer not to want to play at the highest level. 

12 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

If he leaves in January he'll have been with us for 6 years, that's not a stepping stone

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

If he leaves in January he'll have been with us for 6 years, that's not a stepping stone

He's only been here this length of time because of injury. We were a stepping stone for him. 

If he does go hopefully England, but let us be honest he is injury prone and not a long term investment plus he has no HMFC loyalty. Good luck to him whatever his choce. So if he fails to sign a contract extension  with us DO NOT PLAY HIM he will leave for nothing so what!

30 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He's only been here this length of time because of injury. We were a stepping stone for him. 

Nah, we were a big move for him, his career had hit the doldrums when we signed him.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, andydog said:

That’s preferable I suppose, I think we need to cash in if possible in January. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Doesn’t every player try to use Hearts as a stepping stone to greater things?  I’d imagine every player that plays for us has ambitions of one day playing in the EPL.  It would be a bit weird for a professional footballer not to want to play at the highest level. 

I think they should to be honest, do we want guys who don’t have ambitions of better things? Halliday/GMS/Gnanduillet/Stewart to name a few. Guys like Gordon are excluded of course. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

IMO he is nowhere near the EPL. He made us better when he came back but that had as much to do with the change of shape than the fact he was back.

He simply not quick enough, strong enough or good enough in the air to get regular EPL game time. 

His big strength is with the ball at his feet but he still regularly gives it away.

Have to agree, he still has a lot to learn also, ball watching as it goes in behind him has always been an issue. 

Bazzas right boot

The going to England vibe is good and with Stoke needing a centre half my money has shifted from celtic to Stoke. 

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

Six years out of a maybe 15 year career is a pretty slow step.

There are only about 10 clubs in the world that aren't stepping stones so we shouldn't take it personally.

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

The Old Firm won't be paying more than your wealthiest EFL clubs. 

They will pay what it takes. There aren’t many wealthy EFL clubs. Most of them are heavily in debt. 

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They will pay what it takes. There aren’t many wealthy EFL clubs. Most of them are heavily in debt. 

So are Rangers, and Celtic's finances aren't too rosey either. 

I heard he wants to go down south but Hearts are looking to keep him until the end of the season unless a good offer is made.

Dundee Utd due a percentage.

pettigrewsstylist

His medical record is amassive gamble for any club and will be reflected in any offer I suspect. Maybe better to keep him till summer if we think 2nd could be possible.

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

His medical record is amassive gamble for any club and will be reflected in any offer I suspect. Maybe better to keep him till summer if we think 2nd could be possible.

2nd?!  🤣