John souttar

William H. Bonney

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, like always you are deflecting from your original comments and bouncing all over the place in desperate attempt to justify whatever your position that takes your fancy. 

Today's gem is "at least Stendel would be exciting." 

Aye, let's bring him back, see if he can out shite cathro and take us even further back at a quicker rate from our current 3rd positio than cathro did last time. 

As you say, at least it will be exciting!

You give me a sore head with your bouncing about and lack of any coherent point or ligic

You fail to mention Stendel got us to a semi final, something Robbie has never done in how many years at the club?? 

Only took Stendel 3 months to get into a semi. 

Was handed the easy draw against hibs as everyone knows we scud them at hampden. 

Against Celtic well erm..... 

Could it be you're avoiding the question, because you're hero had a big part in playing in our downfall ☺🤔

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

Malinga the Swinga
25 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Another one that said Robbie needed time last season, can you elaborate on that? 

He needed time to rebuild the shattered confidence of the players that had suffered under Stendel.

He needed to rebuild defence from having Stendels favourite keeper actively diving to avoid ball.

He needed time to rebuild midfield from the atrocious signings your beloved Stendel signed, including some 3rd division German bloke who looked like he was here for a holiday.

He needed time to clear the place from the stink that of desperation and utter failure that Stendel had left.

Stendel = nice bloke, unbelievably shite manager.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Naisys Tackle
38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

QPR/ Stoke etc v Celtic or rangers. 

If the wages are about the same then it's the Of all day long. 

Stoke pay around the same as Rangers and it depends who want him most I suppose. 

32 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Stendal? Good grief, get over him! Ancient history. Next up, someone will be baracking for Tommy Wright. Jeez! 🙉

I'm not sure we should have removed John Hagart..

Shut the ****ing **** up about ****ing Daniel ****ing Stendal.

131202.jpg

This thread is about Souttar and whether he will stay or not, not your own personal What If machine from Futurama.

32 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He needed time to rebuild the shattered confidence of the players that had suffered under Stendel.

He needed to rebuild defence from having Stendels favourite keeper actively diving to avoid ball.

He needed time to rebuild midfield from the atrocious signings your beloved Stendel signed, including some 3rd division German bloke who looked like he was here for a holiday.

He needed time to clear the place from the stink that of desperation and utter failure that Stendel had left.

Stendel = nice bloke, unbelievably shite manager.

Stendel is history and not coming back so don’t know why his name pops up on here. To be fair to him he wasn’t given the time, budget or backing with the recruitment team that Neilson has been afforded. Back on Souttar I’m hoping Hearts have given him a deadline to tell us what he’s doing so if he’s signing a pre contract we can play Moore, Haring or Smith in the same position for rest of season. 

2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

131202.jpg

This thread is about Souttar and whether he will stay or not, not your own personal What If machine from Futurama.

Exactly. ****ing weird behaviour.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You fail to mention Stendel got us to a semi final, something Robbie has never done in how many years at the club?? 

:jj_facepalm:

Trying to remember what the tannoy code for a clean up in an aisle used to be at Safeways back in the day!? Either way, there needs to be one called to the Mods for a clean up in this thread. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Stoke pay around the same as Rangers and it depends who want him most I suppose. 

Stoke v rangers. 

Same money on offer. 

Hard choice..... 

The Treasurer

Was handed the easy draw against hibs as everyone knows we scud them at hampden. 

Could it be you're avoiding the question, because you're hero had a big part in playing in our downfall ☺🤔

Are you saying that you would prefer Stendel with his shite league record over Neilson with his good league record, purely on the basis that he managed to reach one semi final 😲

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stoke v rangers. 

Same money on offer. 

Hard choice..... 

English championship, with a possibility of EPL, v stuck in the sevco reserves (like countless other Scottish "stars") 

Hard choice 

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stoke v rangers. 

Same money on offer. 

Hard choice..... 

His brother was on the verge of signing for a Prem side based on his Stoke form.  The perfect pathway is there. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, The Treasurer said:

English championship, with a possibility of EPL, v stuck in the sevco reserves (like countless other Scottish "stars") 

Hard choice 

Possibility of getting rattled every week, getting relegated v trophies, ucl, Europe,. 

Stoke v Of. 

I hate the ***** and even I'd sign for them. 

Stendel 😁😁😁😁😁

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Possibility of getting rattled every week, getting relegated v trophies, ucl, Europe,. 

Stoke v Of. 

I hate the ***** and even I'd sign for them. 

Stoke are round about the play offs so hardly getting rattled every week. 

If as some are suggesting, it's just about money, then trophies won't matter that much 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Stoke are round about the play offs so hardly getting rattled every week. 

If as some are suggesting, it's just about money, then trophies won't matter that much 

I did say if the money was about the same. 

They will in the epl. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Trying to remember what the tannoy code for a clean up in an aisle used to be at Safeways back in the day!? Either way, there needs to be one called to the Mods for a clean up in this thread. 

Code 100 was a dirty thief. 

Code 50 a suspected dirty thief. 

I think clean up  was "just cleaning team to aisle..? 

I put a few of they calls out. 

Once  a code 50  my mum just to freak her out😳

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I did say if the money was about the same. 

They will in epl. 

I meant that if he performed well for a championship side, he's much more likely to be on the radar of EPL sides, than he would be sitting on the sevco bench 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, The Treasurer said:

I meant that if he performed well for a championship side, he's much more likely to be on the radar of EPL sides, than he would be sitting on the sevco bench 

If he's not good enough for Rangers 1st team he'll not be good enough for the epl either imo. 

Anyway, up to him. 

I'd sign a 10 year deal with Hearts. 

Naisys Tackle
24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Stoke v rangers. 

Same money on offer. 

Hard choice..... 

I would rather choose Stoke too.  **** playing for the huns. 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

If he's not good enough for Rangers 1st team he'll not be good enough for the epl either imo. 

Anyway, up to him. 

I'd sign a 10 year deal with Hearts. 

The rangers and the EPL should never be compared, The rangers are no where near that level.

StevenNaismith

Only read the last page on this and seen a few folk mention Rangers. I’m lead to believe that if he stays in Scotland it’ll be at the East End of Glasgow.

28 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Code 100 was a dirty thief. 

Code 50 a suspected dirty thief. 

I think clean up  was "just cleaning team to aisle..? 

I put a few of they calls out. 

Once  a code 50  my mum just to freak her out😳

Remember the code 50 and code 100's. Had enough of them at Ferry Road over the years I was there!! Think you might be right, sure it was just "hygiene to... (wherever the spill I had created was, usually in BWS)". 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can a moderator explain why a John Souttar thread has all sorts of mindless slavering from repeat offender

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Remember the code 50 and code 100's. Had enough of them at Ferry Road over the years I was there!! Think you might be right, sure it was just "hygiene to... (wherever the spill I had created was, usually in BWS)". 

I was in ferry road as well, 5 years! 

It was "hygiene to blah blah" well remembered! 

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, stuartp said:

The rangers and the EPL should never be compared, The rangers are no where near that level.

The epl isn't a team. 

You don't play for the epl. 

I was comparing Stoke with rangers. 

It depends if he’s got confidence in his own ability. If he does he’ll head down south ( even to Stoke) with the thought of pushing himself to a higher level. If not he’ll do a Scott Brown and take the easy money. 

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

131202.jpg

And so say all of us

If Souttar does have aspirations of playing in the EPL you really wouldn’t go anywhere near Rangers as a stepping stone.  Of the top 10 clubs in the English Championship at the moment which includes a fair number of supposed diddy teams, 8 of them have sold a player to the EPL in last 3 years. I can’t recall Rangers selling anyone to EPL in recent times.

If you wanted a stepping stone even just to the English Championship, again you would give Rangers a wide berth. League 1 seems to be as good as it gets. 

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bongo, give Stendal up fella.

I’m not a massive fan of RN but DS while providing a different style of football and with different players, no one knows, is history.

As for your comment about JS being Premiership quality, sorry but again you need to give that idea up. A centre half for a yo yo team like WBA, possibly but that’s the best he’ll be. He’s not good enough to compete in EPL.

2 minutes ago, jam doughnut said:

If Souttar does have aspirations of playing in the EPL you really wouldn’t go anywhere near Rangers as a stepping stone.  Of the top 10 clubs in the English Championship at the moment which includes a fair number of supposed diddy teams, 8 of them have sold a player to the EPL in last 3 years. I can’t recall Rangers selling anyone to EPL in recent times.

If you wanted a stepping stone even just to the English Championship, again you would give Rangers a wide berth. League 1 seems to be as good as it gets. 

But not Celtic, which is where he will almost certainly end up. Could be a done deal already. Next Thursday evening will be interesting. 

Jambo in Bathgate
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Celtic only want Souttar because he's free and can sign a pre contract, it seems to be a regular occurrence under both Neilsons and Leveins watch, which suggests to me something is underlying that player's won't sign new deals with us. 

They don't seem to have that problem across the city, or in Glasgow, Aberdeen seem to get decent fees too. 

It’s called agents 

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Manager prior to Neilson should have tied Souttar up, whoever he was 

There would’ve been easy as he lay on the treatment table most of the time. 

Dreading him going to Celtic, they can guarantee him European football and set him up with a decent wage. 

He should be testing himself down south if he wants to improve imo.

He’s 25 years old.  Any move is a stepping stone tbf. Arse cheeks or Championship makes little difference. Look at Tierney,  Van Dyke, oldco players. 
If he hits the ground running he will get a move.

We've messed up on contracts too many times now and we've lost a lot of money because of it. Obviously that blame can't be laid at the door of Joe but to our previous incumbents. We just have to hope JS is more street wise and gets players signed up before we lose them for a cut price fee or nothing. 

Souttar's going to leave, I didn't expect him to sign a new deal. Hopefully he continues to improve and fulfils his promise regardless of where he ends up. Good luck to him.

Now it is up to the football dept to find a suitable replacement.

In fairness, I don't think we screwed up Soapy's contract. We tied him down on a good 3 year extension in January 2019, and had it not been for his two achilles injuries since then I suspect we'd have sold him for good money by now. 

I understand why someone of Soapy's age and injury history would want to move under freedom of contract now. A career as a pro footballer is a short one, and he in particular must think his next injury is his last.

Soapy owes Hearts nothing. We've been good for him, and he's been good for us. Enjoy him while he's ours, and wish him well when he does move on.

5 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Soapy owes Hearts nothing. We've been good for him, and he's been good for us. Enjoy him while he's ours, and wish him well when he does move on.

I'll wish him well as long as he doesn't sign for either cheek. 

5 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I'll wish him well as long as he doesn't sign for either cheek. 

If the Sun is to be believed he's signing for both rangers and celtic at the same time on a free as Soapy is desperate to leave. 

1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Well, hope the shitey record is right - they’re saying he’s focussed on moving south not west 

That's where I think he's going. He'd be mad to sign for them. He'll only be keeping their bench warn. The arse cheeks only sign players to weaken their opponents as opposed to strengthen their own sides.