John souttar

William H. Bonney

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Well, lets see if he takes it on. Perhaps his woes are behind him and the body will prevail

If not and he can’t then at least for him if he goes down there on a long term contract he could be set for life if his body folds. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

Hope the club are putting some sort of time limit on this, rather than letting it drag on. Had hoped he would have signed an extension by now, but it is inevitable that he will be gone by next summer. Think we just have to put a price on his head (as well as a decent sell on percentage) for a January sale and plan for a replacement. If he has signed a pre-contract with either of the Old Firm and they lowball with an offer I would send him to train with the kids until his contract runs out. 

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Doubt he'd physically stand up to it. Include English championship in that -a relentless hard league. Cheeks would be permanently rosy. If Celtic interested , really shows the biscuit tin is near empty.

Be a cracking signing for Celtic. 

Could play most domestic games as they have most of the ball, he's perfect for that. 

He also seems to have added goals. 

Dunno why signing one of our best players would mean the biscuit tin is empty either? 

Do you not think much of Hearts or our players? 

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Could play most domestic games as they have most of the ball, he's perfect for that. 

Dunno why signing one of our best players would mean the biscuit tin is empty either? 

Do you not think much of Hearts or our players? 

Souttar is good, but Celtic should be aiming higher. They've not been slow to splash the cash on centre backs in the past so if Souttar is their limit at the moment then it's fair to say the biscuit tin isn't exactly bulging. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Do you not think much of Hearts or our players? I

Celtic only want Souttar because he's free and can sign a pre contract, it seems to be a regular occurrence under both Neilsons and Leveins watch, which suggests to me something is underlying that player's won't sign new deals with us. 

They don't seem to have that problem across the city, or in Glasgow, Aberdeen seem to get decent fees too. 

13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Celtic only want Souttar because he's free and can sign a pre contract, it seems to be a regular occurrence under both Neilsons and Leveins watch, which suggests to me something is underlying that player's won't sign new deals with us. 

They don't seem to have that problem across the city, or in Glasgow, Aberdeen seem to get decent fees too. 

Would you really want any of the dross hibs have resigned.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye, the players aw hate Bob. 

You've crackedt it. 

We should get stendel back, get him to sign shite and we can keep all our players as we tumble to the bottom of the league. 

We'll do it in style tho, so you'll be happy. 

Naisys Tackle
48 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Hope the club are putting some sort of time limit on this, rather than letting it drag on. Had hoped he would have signed an extension by now, but it is inevitable that he will be gone by next summer. Think we just have to put a price on his head (as well as a decent sell on percentage) for a January sale and plan for a replacement. If he has signed a pre-contract with either of the Old Firm and they lowball with an offer I would send him to train with the kids until his contract runs out. 

Balls in his court though.  If a club says hold tight until the summer for a £500k signing on fee to go with the wages what will the agent advise him?  I don’t think he will be in a hurry to leave in Jan either.

Naisys Tackle
29 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It’s 100% a no lose situation for Celtic to sign him. It works he could captain them for years or go for massive money in a couple of years. It doesn’t they loan him to shop window him down South then sell him for £1m. 

Bazzas right boot
38 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Souttar is good, but Celtic should be aiming higher. They've not been slow to splash the cash on centre backs in the past so if Souttar is their limit at the moment then it's fair to say the biscuit tin isn't exactly bulging. 

Who says Souttar is their limit? 

Compared to rangers their biscuit tin is bulging 

Souttar is a good player, could be a good player for Celtic or Rangers. 

And if not it's a low risk gamble for them. 

No brainer really. 

40 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Other than Goldson, morelos, edouard, hedges, Wright, Christie but yeah other than them ur bang on mate😒😒😒 

Just now, Rockwell said:

Would you really want any of the dross hibs have resigned.

Not the point mate, the point I'm trying to make is how come players sign new deals for them even though there is apparent interest. 

It's something that is a genuine concern, and I think it's fair to question it? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

You've crackedt it. 

We should get stendel back, get him to sign shite and we can keep all our players as we tumble to the bottom of the league. 

Jumping in with two feet again SRB, and thinking the worst I'm not saying the players hate either Neilson or Levein, what I'm saying is previously has the negotiation skills been a factor, because make no mistake Robbie will have a say as did Levein. 

And i think it's fair to say during both Robbie and Leveins time we lost player's either for nothing or a pittance of what they were actually worth? 

Walker, Nicholson, Holt, Robinson, Patterson, Hickey, Irving, Cochrane, McDonald, Souttar. 

There's probably even more Liam Gordon? 

These are things that can be looked at and improved on. 

Just now, Faldo said:

Other than Goldson, morelos, edouard, hedges, Wright, Christie but yeah other than them ur bang on mate😒😒😒 

Morelos contract is 2023, Goldson has been offered a new deal. 

Celtic got more than they paid for Edouard, Rangers paid a fee for Wright to get him early and Ross Mccrorie was included in the deal. 

Celtic got 2.5 mil for Christie more than what they paid for him. 

Hedges is wanted down in England again, and i would very much like Hearts to make an offer of a pre contract to get him. 

15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not the point mate, the point I'm trying to make is how come players sign new deals for them even though there is apparent interest. 

£££££££££££

18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Maybe there isn't interest in these hibs players, just the agents getting better deals for the players? 

51 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You've crackedt it. 

Show Me The Money. 

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Vickers is in my opinion twice the player

Just now, brux said:

Maybe there isn't interest in these hibs players, just the agents getting better deals for the players? 

It's not just hibs though. 

Forever Hearts
45 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who says Souttar is their limit? 

Compared to rangers their biscuit tin is bulging 

Souttar is a good player, could be a good player for Celtic or Rangers. 

And if not it's a low risk gamble for them. 

No brainer really. 

He's their limit due to them missing out on Champions League money the past few years and with multiple compensation payouts possibly lying ahead.

Nice, irrelevant comparison to your favourite subject.🙄

I know he's a good player.

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Jumping in with two feet again SRB, and thinking the worst I'm not saying the players hate either Neilson or Levein, what I'm saying is previously has the negotiation skills been a factor, because make no mistake Robbie will have a say as did Levein. 

And i think it's fair to say during both Robbie and Leveins time we lost player's either for nothing or a pittance of what they were actually worth? 

Walker, Nicholson, Holt, Robinson, Patterson, Hickey, Irving, Cochrane, McDonald, Souttar. 

There's probably even more Liam Gordon? 

These are things that can be looked at and improved on. 

Mmm not the who picture. 

Walker we got money for, therefor a profit. 

Patterson ****ed himself at peak interest, therefor knackering the chances of a fee. 

Irving, Robinson, Cochrane, Holt, McDonald, Gordon were all replaced with better and not missed. No way we should be breaking the bank for theses types. 

We made £1.3 on sow

£1m + add ons for Hickey 

£650k on Lafferty 

Small fees for walker, Rossi and Mulareny. 

We also lost money on Wighton. 

We haven't had that one large fee but overall done reasonably well in terms of making a profit out of players, particularly as a team we've been poor the past 3/4 seasons and really not at the level were we can justify large fees. 

We aren't worse or better than most teams in Scotland. 

Celtic are particular good at signing players then banging them out for money after being successful. 

Most other clubs bar maybe  have had the one big fee that justifies years of letting folk go or worse than us. 

Aberdeen, got a large fee for 2/3 players but many have left for little or nothing. 

And they've been constantly in the top 3 and Europe for a decade, we've not. They are now on the decline. 

Everything you is generally shite and aimed at Robbie and bizarrely CL still. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

You've crackedt it. 

If anything it would be more exciting having Stendel back. 

Wouldn't resort to a 343 of having a extra defender even though most teams play with one upfront. 

And that's with Scotland number 1 in goal. 

Maybe the problem is Robbie has to trust his player's a little more, and i suppose it would help if he did play a striker upfront. 

And not try his best imitation of Pep robardiola. 

Playing with a false striker. 

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It's not just hibs though. 

I agree but I think agents write as many of these "club interested in player" headlines as the reporters do

Edited by brux

A move to either of the OF is a better move than to some shitty Championship club. The only thing that is going to trump it is if a decent EPL club make an offer. I can totally understand why, if he chose Rangers or Celtic over feckin Blackburn or Stoke. Not great for us though. 

51 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Balls in his court though.  If a club says hold tight until the summer for a £500k signing on fee to go with the wages what will the agent advise him?  I don’t think he will be in a hurry to leave in Jan either.

It's a possibility. If there are English Championship clubs interested, then they aren't going to baulk at the lower end 6 figure sum we'd likely be looking for. Would be a cheap risk for a club to get a NT player who needs to prove themselves at their level. 

The Old Firm obviously are a totally different kettle of fish and would penny pinch any deal with a fellow SPFL club. If he is headed that way in a pre-contract, he doesn't kick another ball in Maroon as of the 31st January 2022, and trains with the kids. 

18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Morelos contract is 2023, Goldson has been offered a new deal. 

Celtic got more than they paid for Edouard, Rangers paid a fee for Wright to get him early and Ross Mccrorie was included in the deal. 

Celtic got 2.5 mil for Christie more than what they paid for him. 

Hedges is wanted down in England again, and i would very much like Hearts to make an offer of a pre contract to 

Fair enough on morelos but goldson is leaving for buttons or hee haw. All the others the clubs ultimately cashed in at a far lower market price rather than lose them for nothing. Celtic actually lost money on edouard as they were due PSG 40% sell on too.

Point I'm making is that isn't just a 'Levein or Robbie' problem, it's modern day football agents. I think we now have a safe pair of hands in Savage but Souttar will ultimately be the most sought after player in Scotland come January and clubs are lining up to offer him megabucks. Not really much we can do about that

Naisys Tackle
6 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

It's a possibility. If there are English Championship clubs interested, then they aren't going to baulk at the lower end 6 figure sum we'd likely be looking for. Would be a cheap risk for a club to get a NT player who needs to prove themselves at their level. 

The Old Firm obviously are a totally different kettle of fish and would penny pinch any deal with a fellow SPFL club. If he is headed that way in a pre-contract, he doesn't kick another ball in Maroon as of the 31st January 2022, and trains with the kids. 

It really depends on if the club wants him now I suppose.  You would guess a Stoke might and bid cheaply for him in January with his brother out but I can’t see a club going for promotion thinking it’s imperative to sign Soapy now to assist going up.  I think if he goes down South it will be to someone like QPR with Warburton there and it will be to replace someone they sell in the summer. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

We have been unlucky Souttar has been injured most of his contract time.

If he stayed fit he would have been away for a decent fee by now.

Just hope we can get a few clubs to start bidding in January.

We may get a decent fee for him yet.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, benny said:

We have been unlucky Souttar has been injured most of his contract time.

If he stayed fit he would have been away for a decent fee by now.

Just hope we can get a few clubs to start bidding in January.

We may get a decent fee for him yet.

There will be only one club that bids for him in January and that will be the club he will have already have spoken to and agreed to join.  Sadly it’s not like a club needs to have an offer accepted to offer him terms from next week. 

4 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

There will be only one club that bids for him in January and that will be the club he will have already have spoken to and agreed to join.  Sadly it’s not like a club needs to have an offer accepted to offer him terms from next week. 

Just trying to be positive.

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is there genuine interest in Souttar from the OF? Or just paper talk.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, benny said:

Just trying to be positive.

I hear ya.  It’s a shitey ridiculous situation that’s sadly been played out before. 

I don't believe Souttar will go to any other team in Scotland however if he does sign a pre-contract with another Scottish team then he gets dropped out of the match day squad for the rest of the season.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

If there wasn’t I doubt the papers would want to annoy one half of the OF if he signs for one and it makes the other look like they got bumped. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

No-one knows. A few saddos will claim to have heard something or that they know his family, but it is just guesswork.

If he does go to OF, then they'll claim to be right, and if he goes elsewhere, then, the OF will have been gazumped at last minute.

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

I don't believe Souttar will go to any other team in Scotland however if he does sign a pre-contract with another Scottish team then he gets dropped out of the match day squad for the rest of the season.

Loan him out if he does. He would be no use kicking about the club and I’m not sure the investors of the club would look on happily if the club (rightly IMO) treated a player as such so it’s a catch 22. 

Malinga the Swinga
21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wouldn't resort to a 343 of having a extra defender even though most teams play with one upfront. 

Maybe the problem is Robbie has to trust his player's a little more, and i suppose it would help if he did play a striker upfront. 

Aye, exciting watching us turn in garbage performance after garbage performance, with a manager who continually played a Keeper with poppadoms for hands.

Stendel should just give up, he's a shit manager who was found out as being even shitter than was thought originally.

5 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Another snakey chest thumper in the making.

Scottish Cup win and Champion's League qualifying on the horizon then?

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Would the underlying problem be the amount of wages the club can offer ?

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Jesus ****. 

Aye, it was dead exciting watching him make a shite team worse and being 4 points of a play off position. 

A real cliff hanger losing 6 pointers to St Mirren and getting mashed 5-0 in Glasgow. I was excited to find out if we'd get beat by 5/6/7.

A relegation battle is  exciting, right enough. 

None of this 3rd place shite. 

His signings were really exciting, it was exciting trying to figure out if they'd be shite or really shite. 

It would be exciting having Stendel back.... 

Give yourself a shake or hit your reset button. 

We are 3rd, won our last home game 5-2 v the 4th placed team, are top goal scorers outside the of and you think Stendel would be exciting. 

You been on the bingo? 

You are on the ****ing wind up anyway. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

He is replaceable, the team did not suffer when he was out recently IMO. and his fitness will always be in doubt. Due to the time remaining on his contract there is unlikely to be a windfall for our club. Maybe a championship club would give good money for a quick fix signing. Who knows. If he is not happy with our terms and wants to leave there is little we can do. That is football, players come and go, hopefully we get as good as we are able to for him and have an able replacement lined up, It does not have to be a setback.

If he goes he goes does not matter where. You cannot blame anyone for wanting to get a better job. I cannot understand why people think that having a job in football is any different to a job elsewhere . Anybody with ambition wants to work in a great place... not saying Hearts are not a great place but it would be mad to suggest there are not better places to play and possible win a medal or two.

Jesus ****. 

Aye, it was dead exciting watching him make a shite team worse and being 4 points of a play off position. 

A real cliff hanger losing 6 pointers to St Mirren and getting mashed 5-0 in Glasgow. I was excited to find out if we'd get beat by 5/6/7.

A relegation battle is  exciting, right enough. 

None of this 3rd place shite. 

His signings were really exciting, it was exciting trying to figure out if they'd be shite or really shite. 

It would be exciting having Stendel back.... 

Give yourself a shake or hit your reset button. 

We are 3rd, won our last home game 5-2 v the 4th placed team, are top goal scorers outside the of and you think Stendel would be exciting. 

You been on the bingo? 

You are on the ****ing wind up anyway. 

You know word for word you claimed Robbie needed time last season, can you elaborate on that? 

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

It really depends on if the club wants him now I suppose.  You would guess a Stoke might and bid cheaply for him in January with his brother out but I can’t see a club going for promotion thinking it’s imperative to sign Soapy now to assist going up.  I think if he goes down South it will be to someone like QPR with Warburton there and it will be to replace someone they sell in the summer. 

QPR/ Stoke etc v Celtic or rangers. 

If the wages are about the same then it's the Of all day long. 

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Aye, exciting watching us turn in garbage performance after garbage performance, with a manager who continually played a Keeper with poppadoms for hands.

Stendel should just give up, he's a shit manager who was found out as being even shitter than was thought originally.

Another one that said Robbie needed time last season, can you elaborate on that? 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You know word for word you claimed Robbie needed time last season, can you elaborate on that? 

Unlike yourself I don't always think I'm right, and can admit when I'm wrong.

Thankfully the board are more long term and strategic and don't have knee jerk reactions. 

As for your comment about Stendel being exciting, **** me. 

You really are a slaver with a strange agenda. 

Unlike yourself I don't always think I'm right, and can admit when I'm wrong.

Thankfully the board are more long term and strategic and don't have knee jerk reactions. 

As for your comment about Stendel being exciting, **** me. 

You really are a slaver with a strange agenda. 

Avoiding the question? 

You know word for word you claimed Robbie needed time last season, can you elaborate on that? 

2nd time of asking? 

Could you comment further on that. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Avoiding the question? 

You know word for word you claimed Robbie needed time last season, can you elaborate on that? 

2nd time of asking? 

Could you comment further on that. 

Nah, like always you are deflecting from your original comments and bouncing all over the place in desperate attempt to justify whatever your position that takes your fancy. 

Today's gem is "at least Stendel would be exciting." 

Aye, let's bring him back, see if he can out shite cathro and take us even further back at a quicker rate from our current 3rd positio than cathro did last time. 

As you say, at least it will be exciting!

You give me a sore head with your bouncing about and lack of any coherent point or logic. 

You also de rail threads with your rabid Stendel and Robbie patter.