John souttar

William H. Bonney

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

£15k also beats our highest paid player by £3k per week are you saying that our highest paid player is on £3k a week, apologies if I've picked you up wrong. 

£12k.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

Bazzas right boot
53 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I can assure you, there will be more than 2 extensions if that happens :lol:

:ruiner:

Bawz, missed that. 

Correct! 

2 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I’d give soapy a £1M signing on fee plus £15k per week under the proviso that he can leave if another  club come in for him and offer us £10M. Win win situation for us.

£15k also beats our highest paid player by £3k per week 

Quite frankly this would be ****ing bonkers. 

£1M signing on fee??? That's Premier League stuff mate. 

Completely agree that we should be stepping up and paying him the absolute maximum that we can, but that won't be £15k pw. And who's on £12k pw lol.... 

😵💫

1 hour ago, a11ank said:

A slightly different suggestion.

I was really critical of Kieran Tierney when he signed an extension with Celtic, suggesting he was a shite bag and was going to waste his career at Celtic, just like wee Broon!

It looks like there was a really good set up there, as Celtic knew they were going to lose him and he signed 'to enhance the fee' to the club.

He went for £25m instead of probably £5 or £6m

Surely Hearts can look at this and sort something out similar to the Celtic deal.

I'm not suggesting we will get £25m, but I hate that we could lose him for £500k

I hate Celtic, but this was a great move by them!

Come on Soapy😍

Wonder if he would sign if we offered him a percentage of the transfer fee? He might end up with just about as much money if he goes for free at the end of the season, all depends on what sort of signing fee you can get when out of contract and how much, if at all, he feels he "owes"us.

16 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

No chance is our highest payed earner on 12k p/w 🤣

I think Woodburn is on that but it hardly counts as a metric for a Souttar offer as Liverpool are likely paying a significant percentage of it.

31 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

£15k also beats our highest paid player by £3k per week are you saying that our highest paid player is on £3k a week, apologies if I've picked you up wrong. 

No mate we have a player that we’ve already broken our wage structure for and is currently on £12k per week. No reason why soapy can’t be our highest paid player. He’s in his prime just now and should only leave for top dollar imo. Fwiw if we don’t offer him his true worth to make him sign an extension then it’ll be another one who’s slipped through our fingers and we should’ve learnt out lesson with CP and Hickey, who is now valued at £8M by Bologna 

Guest ToqueJambo

We can't force Soapy to sign. It's his career. There is a case for saying he owes us something, but if he doesn't sign an gives us a great season this season and insists on a sell-on clause for us that'll do me.

Anyhow, loyalty works both ways. If Soapy's injury hadn't cleared up would we be talking about giving him a new contract or releasing him? If he gets injured today would a new contract still be on the table?

When Turnbull got injured after agreeing to join Celtic, Celtic pulled out and Motherwell had to get him fit again before they finally signed him. In reality football is pretty harsh and Soapy will be weighing up all his options. He seems a pretty level headed lad.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, a11ank said:

A slightly different suggestion.

I was really critical of Kieran Tierney when he signed an extension with Celtic, suggesting he was a shite bag and was going to waste his career at Celtic, just like wee Broon!

It looks like there was a really good set up there, as Celtic knew they were going to lose him and he signed 'to enhance the fee' to the club.

He went for £25m instead of probably £5 or £6m

Surely Hearts can look at this and sort something out similar to the Celtic deal.

I'm not suggesting we will get £25m, but I hate that we could lose him for £500k

I hate Celtic, but this was a great move by them!

Come on Soapy😍

The most we can hope for Souttar, even if we did resign him on a big wage, is still likely to be around £4m. Gordon aside (he's an outlier and also a genuine world class player) look at the fees we've got in the past for better players. Look at the fees other non-OF clubs get for players. 

It's fantasy to thing that paying Souttar a huge salary will automatically lead to a huge transfer fee in future.

Just read that Doig has signed a new 5-year contract with the Leith wee team.     On the face of it, quite a u-turn by Ron in the space of a few months after trying to hawk him to 3rd rate English clubs.   It gives them 9  transfer windows to keep trying though.      Ron must be fuming that no-one seems to want Porto either.

:robboyas:  

41 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

No chance is our highest payed earner on 12k p/w 🤣

Sure Woodburn is on that at Liverpool. We’re not paying all of it though. 🤣

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Just read that Doig has signed a new 5-year contract with the Leith wee team.     On the face of it, quite a u-turn by Ron in the space of a few months after trying to hawk him to 3rd rate English clubs.   It gives them 9  transfer windows to keep trying though.      Ron must be fuming that no-one seems to want Porto either.

:robboyas:  

3rd rate clubs? Watford, Arsenal and West Ham were all poised to pay £5m don't you know 🤣🤣 So many respected news outlets said.

Will be fun watching his "value" spiral downwards. I expect a "Aberdeen bid £150 for Doig" headline in a year or so, if they're lucky.

1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

No mate we have a player that we’ve already broken our wage structure for and is currently on £12k per week. No reason why soapy can’t be our highest paid player. He’s in his prime just now and should only leave for top dollar imo. Fwiw if we don’t offer him his true worth to make him sign an extension then it’ll be another one who’s slipped through our fingers and we should’ve learnt out lesson with CP and Hickey, who is now valued at £8M by Bologna 

Agree 100% but i was told Woodburn is the highest earner as it stands, we are paying 6k a week with Liverpool paying the rest. 

I might be wrong and apologies if I am. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

6 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I’d give soapy a £1M signing on fee plus £15k per week under the proviso that he can leave if another  club come in for him and offer us £10M. Win win situation for us.

£15k also beats our highest paid player by £3k per week 

No offence but either you don't have a good grasp of Hearts finances or you do and you are not living in the real world. 

Not a chance are Hearts paying £15,000 a week to one player. Nor should they. That would absolutely smash the wage structure and it would open the door for other players in the squad to ask for substantial wage rises that the club simply cannot afford.

And as for a £1million signing on fee...............absolute fantasy.

maroonedinbriz
1 minute ago, scottg71 said:

Souttar may earn more elsewhere but he’ll never play at a higher level. Vastly overrated on here. 

I hope you are wrong but I honestly have to agree with you. 

13 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I was thinking, would we really miss him?

I think we'd miss him but I'm sure our stat men and scouts could find someone similar on less than he's wanting.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I was thinking, would we really miss him?

36 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

I hope you are wrong but I honestly have to agree with you. 

38 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Souttar may earn more elsewhere but he’ll never play at a higher level. Vastly overrated on here. 

:olly:

Arthur Morgan
8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I think we'd miss him but I'm sure our stat men and scouts could find someone similar on less than he's wanting.

Yeah I would hope we could. Moore replaced Souttar the other week ironically vs Motherwell, and we won comfortably, 2-0.

2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

No offence but either you don't have a good grasp of Hearts finances or you do and you are not living in the real world. 

Not a chance are Hearts paying £15,000 a week to one player. Nor should they. That would absolutely smash the wage structure and it would open the door for other players in the squad to ask for substantial wage rises that the club simply cannot afford.

And as for a £1million signing on fee...............absolute fantasy.

I’ll give you the £1M is a bit fantasy but as for the rest of it then I’m well aware of certain things re finances. As for having a grasp on business and business dealings then it’s yourself thats deluded and not in the real world if you think we’re capping players salaries around the £3/£4K mark. Remember  AB is not running the show any longer. The reigns have passed to AM amd he’s totally on board as to what our aspirations are and what needs to be achieved in which to reach our goals.  I’m sure we can have an assault on Europe next year with our wage cap and top players earning £3/£4K per week 😂. To think the above then it’s truly farcical. FFS Andy Irving asked for £4K per week and we only offered him £2k. Top rates will be paid to top players that are being identified by Joe’s shopping list. This isn’t to say that we rush out and blow the budget every transfer window. We will still look for loan signings that we hope to snap up and hope their careers kick on in Gorgie like Beni etc. There’s a new sheriff in town pulling the purse strings these days. 

The way souttars contract will play out will be either of the scenarios below:

1) We break the bank and offer him a two year extension on £15k per week with a generous signing bonus which won’t be paid by the club. There will be conditions to sell but only at the right price. Remember soapy was almost off to Derby before his injuries and the going rate back then was £2M. You really think we’re going to let him walk out the door in January for sweet FA without a fight?  We’ve had our fingers burned before and soapy is one of our greatest assets that we need to cash in on ‘our terms’ and our terms alone.  

2) There are a host of clubs waiting to pounce on Soapys situation and if we can’t get him tied up before January then we face losing him for a pittance. The board know this and it’s a gamble that we need to role the dice on this one. 

James Anderson is an astute businessman and financier and the sole reason he’s on the board is due to the sterling work he’s done through his various business, his financial clout and his various contacts. 

Our top earner just now is on £12k per week. Joe Savage has said we ‘can’ challenge and we ‘can’ win the league. This won’t be done with a wage cap of £3k/£4 per week and  to think otherwise is delusional. Some people on here clamouring for a 30k stadium. How will we attract the correct type of player to keep us there on £3k per week? We wouldn’t sell out 19k on performances like this today and unless we up the ante for special players to keep us in at least 3rd place then we may as well keep dreaming. We paid bigger wages when the pieman was chairman. 

As for our next player to re negotiate their contract to a 5 figure sum per week then that’ll be Scotland’s #1 

1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I’ll give you the £1M is a bit fantasy but as for the rest of it then I’m well aware of certain things re finances. As for having a grasp on business and business dealings then it’s yourself thats deluded and not in the real world if you think we’re capping players salaries around the £3/£4K mark. Remember  AB is not running the show any longer. The reigns have passed to AM amd he’s totally on board as to what our aspirations are and what needs to be achieved in which to reach our goals.  I’m sure we can have an assault on Europe next year with our wage cap and top players earning £3/£4K per week 😂. To think the above then it’s truly farcical. FFS Andy Irving asked for £4K per week and we only offered him £2k. Top rates will be paid to top players that are being identified by Joe’s shopping list. This isn’t to say that we rush out and blow the budget every transfer window. We will still look for loan signings that we hope to snap up and hope their careers kick on in Gorgie like Beni etc. There’s a new sheriff in town pulling the purse strings these days. 

The way souttars contract will play out will be either of the scenarios below:

1) We break the bank and offer him a two year extension on £15k per week with a generous signing bonus which won’t be paid by the club. There will be conditions to sell but only at the right price. Remember soapy was almost off to Derby before his injuries and the going rate back then was £2M. You really think we’re going to let him walk out the door in January for sweet FA without a fight?  We’ve had our fingers burned before and soapy is one of our greatest assets that we need to cash in on ‘our terms’ and our terms alone.  

2) There are a host of clubs waiting to pounce on Soapys situation and if we can’t get him tied up before January then we face losing him for a pittance. The board know this and it’s a gamble that we need to role the dice on this one. 

James Anderson is an astute businessman and financier and the sole reason he’s on the board is due to the sterling work he’s done through his various business, his financial clout and his various contacts. 

Our top earner just now is on £12k per week. Joe Savage has said we ‘can’ challenge and we ‘can’ win the league. This won’t be done with a wage cap of £3k/£4 per week and  to think otherwise is delusional. Some people on here clamouring for a 30k stadium. How will we attract the correct type of player to keep us there on £3k per week? We wouldn’t sell out 19k on performances like this today and unless we up the ante for special players to keep us in at least 3rd place then we may as well keep dreaming. We paid bigger wages when the pieman was chairman. 

As for our next player to re negotiate their contract to a 5 figure sum per week then that’ll be Scotland’s #1 

We paid bigger wages when the pieman was chairman. Jeez mate - look where that nearly got us. 

I get the point that you are making but we have got a long way to go to get to the scenario that we can pay 15k per week for one player, regardless of who the player is, and how good they are. 

It’s not mental to think you can’t get very good players signed up on wages less than 10k a week. Just look at Devlin and Beni as examples. 

The OF will be paying some players around that level. We would need some CL revenue coming in, or an asset sale to be able to re-invest back in the squad to that level. 

The problem we have with Souttar is that the longer it goes on, the more it drags focus away from the overall team, and moves toward Soapys situation. Uncertainty around whether one of your best players is staying, or potentially even signing for one of your biggest rivals ain’t healthy whatsoever, and the sooner it’s sorted out the better 

I don’t have a problem with Souttar eying his next big move as the fact is he could earn a hell of a lot more money. What I do have a problem with is this situation dragging itself out and would think that the player could just front up, make a decision so we can get as much money back from him considering the amount of investment. The way it’s panning out we will get no where near that level of investment 

12 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

:olly:

I hadn’t been drinking. Look at the defending against Ross County, St Johnstone, Aberdeen and yesterday.

I like him as a player but he’s mid championship level in England at best. And in my opinion that’s a lower level than he’s currently playing.

Just now, scottg71 said:

I hadn’t been drinking. Look at the defending against Ross County, St Johnstone, Aberdeen and yesterday.

I like him as a player but he’s mid championship level in England at best. And in my opinion that’s a lower level than he’s currently playing.

I think that's harsh but you are entitled to you're opinion. 

Souttar looked classy on international duty. 

And I really think he could play English Premiership football. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Especially under a better coach than the one at the moment.

With his injury situation he won't last at Championship level.The sheer volume of games will not let him recover from minor injuries and he will probably return to Scotland in 12-24 months time.His situation reminds me of Scott Severin who was similarly injury prone and had to come backup the road.It is a shame for him but the most likely scenario.He would be better signing again ,try to kick on and get a move to the Premiership where ,due to squad size, he might manage to have a great career.I hope this is what Savage is telling him as he is well aware of the demands of the Championship.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, scottg71 said:

You defend as a team and attack as a team.

He isn't perfect 

But He was a standout v the likes of celtic and was good for Scotland just on Wed. 

I don't know were that puts him in the English rating system, but unfortunately it will mean he's getting offered more money- whether that be from the mid championship teams, from the OF or further afield. 

Vlad the impaler

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8042952/john-souttar-hearts-celtic-rangers-transfer-scotland/ Unpopular I’m sure but I wouldn’t play him if this is his intentions. I’d prefer to bed in Moore when back from suspension and not give Souttar more games to get ready for a move to potentially the old firm

Edited by Vlad the impaler

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Vlad the impaler said:

https://t.co/KYRPIkXkdz?amp=1 Unpopular I’m sure but I wouldn’t play him if this is his intentions. I’d prefer to bed in Moore when back from suspension and not give Souttar more games to get ready for a move to potentially the old firm

Nah, I agree 100%.

If he signs  for them he needs to go in January. 

If he signs a pre contract with them he shouldn't play for us again. 

It will all turn sour if he hangs around. 

Vlad the impaler
14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, I agree 100%.

We both know how this will go,Celtic most probably will agree a pre contract with him then offer us buttons take it or leave it to take him in January. Id be disappointed if he lets it play out like that

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Vlad the impaler said:

We both know how this will go,Celtic most probably will agree a pre contract with him then offer us buttons take it or leave it to take him in January. Id be disappointed if he lets it play out like that

Yip. 

Tbh, I think it's already agreed. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

I was talking about this the other day and I get the feeling he's got something lined up on the quiet. Not saying the old firm but something is afoot.

Vlad the impaler
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip. 

The minute McNamara became his agent the writing was on the wall

I really hope this isn't the case. If it is true then they can ram any pittance they offer to take him early and get him playing with the kids. 

Jeffros Furios

It's a nothing article and the usual childish 3rd rate so called journalism from that rag .

Vlad the impaler
9 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

It's a nothing article and the usual childish 3rd rate so called journalism from that rag .

Maybe so at this stage but can definitely see an element of probability in it. We’ve seen it all before

The Apprentice
1 minute ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Maybe so at this stage but can definitely see an element of probability in it. We’ve seen it all before

Agreed but as JF says its still a lazy, nothing article. A mention of nine Championship interested but doesn't name anyone specifically along with the standard link to the Old Firm. Covers all bases and doesn't tell us anything we don't know already.

Just hoping this saga doesn't become a distraction. We've had a good start, I do hope we don't lose focus.

Interesting that his contract runs till the end of May, all the chat had been about the January window. I hadn't twigged that there was a month less in this.

17 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Agreed but as JF says its still a lazy, nothing article. A mention of nine Championship interested but doesn't name anyone specifically along with the standard link to the Old Firm. Covers all bases and doesn't tell us anything we don't know already.

Quite nothing new in that article and little insight.

5 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Another snakey chest thumper in the making.

Aye goes there he is disowned by all apart from the snowflakes in our support, I still think he is clever enough to get out of Scottish football.

20 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Aye goes there he is disowned by all apart from the snowflakes in our support, I still think he is clever enough to get out of Scottish football.

Disowned by the snowflakes, you surely mean.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, I agree 100%.

This

On 21/11/2021 at 08:00, Bongo 1874 said:

Doubt he'd physically stand up to it. Include English championship in that -a relentless hard league. Cheeks would be permanently rosy. If Celtic interested , really shows the biscuit tin is near empty.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Doubt he'd physically stand up to it. Include English championship in that -a relentless hard league. Cheeks would be permanently rosy. If Celtic interested , really shows the biscuit tin is near empty.

You would have been called mad if you suggested his wee brother would ever be good enough for L1 let alone a stand out in the championship when he was loan at Ross County. John would more than stand up in that league.

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You would have been called mad if you suggested his wee brother would ever be good enough for L1 let alone a stand out in the championship when he was loan at Ross County. John would more than stand up in that league.

Well, lets see if he takes it on. Perhaps his woes are behind him and the body will prevail