John souttar

William H. Bonney

4 minutes ago, Pap said:

It would be great, wouldnt it? A sell on clause if he left.

Club's in a healthy state. Full houses. Who cares? I say good luck to him whatever he does. Deserves it after time lost. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• kingantti1874

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

11 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Club's in a healthy state. Full houses. Who cares? I say good luck to him whatever he does. Deserves it after time lost. 

Good post mate. Who cares about a sell on clause? Its not like he will go on to bigger things.

6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Kent contracted until 2023, Hagi 2024 they get £20 mil for both if they play it right, Celtic got offered £30mil for French Eddie but turned it down because they wanted £40 mil only to lose him for a pittance to Palace, was the exact same with dembele. 

Rangers won't make the same mistake. 

Why would anybody pay that much for Hagi. He can't get a regular game for Rangers and if he was that much in demand why didn't these teams pick him up for a pittance before he went to Rangers. He certainly hasn't enhanced his value there. There is no logic to this and you saying wait and see doesn't make it any less ludicrous. 

4 hours ago, Jamdub said:

They will sell them both for the first decent offer, they still have not paid for Kent. They will be lucky to get £15M for both and once they pay Liverpool for Kent, they wont have as much as they think they are going to make. They do not have a POT TO PISS IN, if they get knocked out of Europe, FIRE SALE.........Bring it on.

Right so I'll ask you a question if we were to sell beni what would you think is an acceptable fee for the club to accept for him?. 

Just now, HoGwash said:

Why would anybody pay that much for Hagi. He can't get a regular game for Rangers and if he was that much in demand why didn't these teams pick him up for a pittance before he went to Rangers. He certainly hasn't enhanced his value there. There is no logic to this and you saying wait and see doesn't make it any less ludicrous. 

No logic he's won games by himself, I watch a lot of football not just hearts, and both him and Kent are £20mil players easy, what logic is there, Kent has done it in Europe and Scottish Premiership out with celtic, he tore us a new one, hibs, Aberdeen? 

Hagi has won games in Europe and just the name Hagi which it shouldn't add value, as I'm sure you will know who his father is, if he is half the player his dad was he will be some player. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Fozzyonthefence
29 minutes ago, Pap said:

Good post mate. Who cares about a sell on clause? Its not like he will go on to bigger things.

Well you did a couple of hours ago.  Make your mind up!

F6FE3DC0-E6C7-4F9B-950E-5827B041107C.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No logic he's won games by himself, I watch a lot of football not just hearts, and both him and Kent are £20mil players easy, what logic is there, Kent has done it in Europe and Scottish Premiership out with celtic, he tore us a new one, hibs, Aberdeen? 

Hagi has one games in Europe and just the name Hagi which it shouldn't add value, as I'm sure you will know who his father is, if he is half the player his dad was he will be some player. 

What a heap of nonsense, I don't care how much football you watch it doesn't make you an expert in football finances or player valuation. He hasn't "one" any games on his own and if his father's name means anything why weren't teams out bidding Rangers for him. As I said, your argument has no logic to it. Anyway I'm not getting into this with you as its a never ending game, I'm away to bed.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hagi has one games in Europe and just the name Hagi which it shouldn't add value, as I'm sure you will know who his father is, if he is half the player his dad was he will be some player. 

He’s not half the player his dad was though.  Nobody wanted him when Rangers signed him, couldn’t get a game at his previous club and he’s been a frequent bench warmer for Rangers.  They’ll be lucky to get £2m for him. Clubs don’t add zeros on the end of transfer values because of who a player’s dad was. 

Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s not half the player his dad was though.  Nobody wanted him when Rangers signed him, couldn’t get a game at his previous club and he’s been a frequent bench warmer for Rangers.  They’ll be lucky to get £2m for him. Clubs don’t add zeros on the end of transfer values because of who a player’s dad was. 

I think you should check how much rangers bought him for, and clubs do want him now 👍

He's 23 years old. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hagi has won games in Europe and just the name Hagi which it shouldn't add value, as I'm sure you will know who his father is, if he is half the player his dad was he will be some player. 

I generally Agree and think they'll go for at least over £10m, although £20m could be pushing it. 

Also, no one buys a player based on their Dad. 

No scout or even fan should take that into consideration either when appraising them. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Just now, HoGwash said:

What a heap of nonsense, I don't care how much football you watch it doesn't make you an expert in football finances or player valuation. He hasn't "one" any games on his own and if his father's name means anything why weren't teams out bidding Rangers for him. As I said, your argument has no logic to it. Anyway I'm not getting into this with you as its a never ending game, I'm away to bed.

No problem we will see if he goes. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I generally and think they'll go for at least over £10m, although £20m could be pushing it. 

No scout or even fan should take that into consideration either when appraising them. 

Footballing family, happens in all walks of life. 

I'm saying the dad's name brings added interest to him, I'm sure we can all see the boys a player. 

His talent is there to see regardless of who his dad is. 

50 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He won’t want Hagi, more likely Kamara. Kent will go for a lot less than £20m. He will now want out ASAP and will probably down tools. They will take £5-8m in January or next summer at most. 

I think they will want more tbh, Hagi has a contract until 2024 Kent 2023 i could see Gerrard taking Kent to villa, but there is also interest from Leeds, bielsa rates him highly. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Footballing family, happens in all walks of life. 

I'm saying the dad's name brings added interest to him, I'm sure we can all see the boys a player. 

His talent is there to see regardless of who his dad is. 

You don't help yourself, his dad is irrelevant at this stage. 

It won't bring added interest or add value to him. 

Might have helped him as a boy, but not now. 

Silly thing to think that it will add value to him now Tbh. 

He is a good player, but not sure he's a £20m transfer in the making for rangers. 

Could be tho. 

Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Aye rangers blow celtic out the water when it comes to financial decisions. 

No they need the money, and if they win the league this season, there is a few willing to invest heavily for the champions league. 

That's why it's in our interests to be the best we can be. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I think you should check how much rangers bought him for, and clubs do want him now 👍

He's 23 years old. 

Less than Genk bought him for anyway. I doubt Rangers have paid for him.  BBC reported it as an undisclosed fee, another source said £3m over 3 years.  Like Kent, Rangers couldn’t afford either of them and will be due millions back to their former clubs if they do sell.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

You don't help yourself, his dad is irrelevant at this stage. 

It won't bring added interest or add value to him. 

Might have helped him as a boy, but not now. 

Silly thing to think that it will add value to him now Tbh. 

He is a good player, but not sure he's a £20m transfer in the making for rangers. 

Could be tho. 

Time will tell. 

I think most people that watch football mate know the Hagi name, he's went to rangers to get even more exposure, and the fact that the special one at roma wants him speaks volumes. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He's 23 years old. 

Less than Genk bought him for anyway. I doubt Rangers have paid for him.  BBC reported it as an undisclosed fee, another source said £3m over 3 years.  Like Kent, Rangers couldn’t afford either of them and will be due millions back to their former clubs if they do sell.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I think most people that watch football mate know the Hagi name, he's went to rangers to get even more exposure, and the fact that the special one at roma wants him speaks volumes. 

If you believe that story!

That's how clubs that pay in millions pay for players in instalments, even rich clubs, this allows them to buy more players and not blow the whole budget on one player. 

Rangers get season ticket money, Europa league games money as it isn't included on season ticket. 

Money if they draw or win a game in Europa league. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

If you believe that story!

Quick question if a team comes in for beni in January, what would you say is a fair value to accept for him. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's how clubs that pay in millions pay for players in instalments, even rich clubs, this allows them to buy more players and not blow the whole budget on one player. 

Rangers get season ticket money, Europa league games money as it isn't included on season ticket. 

Money if they draw or win a game in Europa league. 

And still manage to  lose £23.5m in a year!  Over £70m since 2015 iirc, seem to be making even bigger losses than Oldco pre liquidation. £7.5m funding shortfall required to see out this season. They haven’t got a pot to piss in, everyone knows that!

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Quick question if a team comes in for beni in January, what would you say is a fair value to accept for him. 

What’s that got to do with Hagi’s value?

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

There is no team saying let's buy him for more money than he's worth because his dad was good. 

I agree, I think he'll move for decent money as he's a good player. 

Anyway, he's a rangers player I care little about, so crack on. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

£100m, his name is a bit like Pele. 

And still manage to  lose £23.5m in a year!  Over £70m since 2015 iirc, seem to be making even bigger losses than Oldco pre liquidation. £7.5m funding shortfall required to see out this season. They haven’t got a pot to piss in, everyone knows that!

We will just have to wait and see. 

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No they need the money, and if they win the league this season, there is a few willing to invest heavily for the champions league. 

That's why it's in our interests to be the best we can be. 

You said it, they need the money!  Other clubs will know this too, surely will mean they’re more likely to put in cheeky low offers and see how desperate Rangers are.

You said it, they need the money!  Other clubs will know this too, surely will mean they’re more likely to put in cheeky low offers and see how desperate Rangers are.

That could be the case but Hagi is contracted until 2024 meaning they can accept or reject bids they will get a fee of £15-20mil easy for him, Kent too. 

Not only that they will pick up pre contracts too. 

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That could be the case but Hagi is contracted until 2024 meaning they can accept or reject bids they will get a fee of £15-20mil easy for him, Kent too. 

They do seem to be able to get their players signed up on long term deals so that helps with transfer fees. Unfortunately something we seem incapable of doing except with our shite players like Martin and Damour!

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

They do, or they did. I give you one Darren Ferguson who although he wasn't bought was signed purely because of who his faither was. 

They do seem to be able to get their players signed up on long term deals so that helps with transfer fees. Unfortunately something we seem incapable of doing except with our shite players like Martin and Damour!

Hopefully times are changing mate, devlin looks like he could get us money, beni definitely, if we had Boyce at an early stage in his career he goes for no less than £5mil goalscorer and to think will grigg went to Sunderland for that. 

Things are looking up recruitment wise i hope we can keep Cochrane, Woodburn, Souttar etc we have a good team. 

Bit worried we only seem to suit one formation, but Rome wasn't built in a day. 

Not sure Robbie is the man to have a good crack at both celtic and rangers, who I think are definitely there for the taking. 

But i can't fault him this far he's doing a great job and I hope he continues too. 

3rd place is definitely there for us, if we get that then Robbie will have done well 👍

Just now, Chong said:

They do, or they did. I give you one Darren Ferguson who although he wasn't bought was signed purely because of who his faither was. 

Happens at all levels, I've seen kids in tears not that they aren't good enough to play, but Scottish football is rife with coaches giving preferential treatment to there sons / lads in the team. 

It's one thing that really infuriates me, if you play it should be on merit. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Chong said:

Because it was his father that signed him, nobody else signed him because his dad was a limited football player?!?!

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Kennyfragg13 said:

Harry maguire went for 80 million, anything in transfer world is possible

Definitely worth more than Van Dijk 😆😂

Not sure if this could be classified as “good” or “bad” news but just watched Harry being stretchered off for Australia earlier and the head coach call it “extremely serious”. Hope Stoke don’t think “it’s alright, we’ll just nip up the road and grab his brother!” 🤢

People get confused with transfer fees. For example Jack Grealish was worth 100 million to Villa. But he isn’t a 100 million pound player. Hagi and Kent might not be 20 million pound players, however that’s what they might be worth to Rangers.

6 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

See his brother Harry has had a bad injury while with Australia. 

I know. 

I was going to start a “Souttar Knee Injury” thread for bantz but thought better of it 😬

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Chong said:

So you haven't given me one then. 

A_A wehatethehibs

I was pretty confident after 5 games he would be sold in January if he had not signed an extension before the end of September, and I stand by that. No deal signed is effectively a transfer request to force the club to sell. 

The big hope now, for both club and player is, he could get another cap, play incredibly well in December, avoid injury, and we get a bit of a bidding war going between a few championship clubs and Celtic and/or Rangers. 

That’s the reality folks. Anyone suggesting there was ever any chance Souttar would extend and look to stay here another 2-3 years just to help out the club, sadly delusional about players careers. At age 25 it’s basically his last chance to get down south and try and get into the riches Premier League, when just 12 months ago his playing career looked like it might be over. He will gamble and go south imo. 

6 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I was pretty confident after 5 games he would be sold in January if he had not signed an extension before the end of September, and I stand by that. No deal signed is effectively a transfer request to force the club to sell. 

The big hope now, for both club and player is, he could get another cap, play incredibly well in December, avoid injury, and we get a bit of a bidding war going between a few championship clubs and Celtic and/or Rangers. 

That’s the reality folks. Anyone suggesting there was ever any chance Souttar would extend and look to stay here another 2-3 years just to help out the club, sadly delusional about players careers. At age 25 it’s basically his last chance to get down south and try and get into the riches Premier League, when just 12 months ago his playing career looked like it might be over. He will gamble and go south imo. 

I don’t think he’ll stay either. We should look to sell him in January because he’ll mentally shut off after then anyway. I don’t blame Souttar for wanting to earn more money down south. 

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I don’t think he’ll stay either. We should look to sell him in January because he’ll mentally shut off after then anyway. I don’t blame Souttar for wanting to earn more money down south. 

Agreed, better to get a nominal amount, £250-500k, plus a sell-on clause (which will probably be worthless)  for him in January than nothing in the summer. We should be able to find a loan defender to cover at the back for four or five months until next summer. 
Given his injury record and age good luck to him if he is offered a long term deal on two to three times what we could pay him. Hopefully it’s not either of the OF that sign him though. 

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Yep. The one thing I think soapy will do to help out the club, is refrain from signing a pre contract until after the jan window is shut, to allow Hearts the  full chance to get a fee even if it ends up deadline day. If we can get £500k for Kyle Lafferty I think we can get at least £1m for soapy. Middlesbrough paid that for Uche ffs. 

The way he will see it is, that’s when he can give the club the chance to get some money to replace him. And if we don’t sell, he will then sign a pre contract in February and he will be guilt free in doing so because he gave the club a chance to sell him. I’m sure if he went on a free he would look to put a sell on in, but a sell on isn’t much use IMO, Paterson done that and what did we get for him, £100k or something. Sell ons are not guarantees of money, hence the sale in January looks the best option for all parties as long as there’s half decent money on the table.