Boycie

rmreido

36 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Missed good bit of game on Saturday due to dodgy reception . Read minor criticisms of McKay . Watching highlights was amazed to see how much he was involved at crucial moments

I wasn't that arsed about him signing but he's a much, much, better player than I gave him credit for and he's got a great attitude. I'm definitely a fan.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• wavydavy

• Cruyff

• Agentjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mad how quickly things change in football. After Ibrox many were calling for Gnando to get a game, a week later against Dundee in which he was poor for 25mins and deemed not good enough. Boyce’s position in the team looked untouchable as a result.

2 weeks on and now Boyce looks like he’ll struggle to get back in.

Barring any injuries it has to be the same 11, with Boyce, Smith and McEneff great options of the bench.

If we have a poor result against Motherwell at least we have options to mix it up again.

I think Boyce slows play down and doesnt always choose the right option.

if being overly critical when you watch him he doesnt make many runs or move players.

For me he doesnt get back in the team until its earned and i would be looking for a replacement in Jan. 

44 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

This was the biggest difference from the Aberdeen game, Gnando never started. 

Hopefully he can play his part from now until he leaves but Gnando will leave either in January or the summer. 

He's not good enough. 

Definitely this. 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Has to be the same team again, you cant change that. Most enjoyable Hearts game, maybe bar thrashing Celtic 4-0 since Kilmarnock 5 3 game November 97.

Kilmarnock 5-3 was the game I immediately went back to. I loved that game as I knew it didn’t matter how many Killie scored I was so confident we’d just score more.

I would expect the same front 3 to start next game.   Boyce on an already strong bench shows how far we have come.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Kilmarnock 5-3 was the game I immediately went back to. I loved that game as I knew it didn’t matter how many Killie scored I was so confident we’d just score more.

Had that vibe, packed house, both teams going well and Hearts rising to the occasion 

• 2 weeks later...
Bazzas right boot
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Really..

I wouldn't say really missed him,  but we have missed him. 

If there was any doubt about when he'll start again it's been dispelled by the Motherwell defeat. He's by no means perfect but he's the best we've got. Hope we recruit well in January and improve our strike force. At the very very least get Henderson back as another option.

Really annoyed about that result. Should have done a lot better. Boyce needs to come straight in. 

Badly need options in January, but any striker worth buying will be at a premium I'm not sure we can afford.

On 08/11/2021 at 13:31, Jamboelite said:

I think Boyce slows play down and doesnt always choose the right option.

if being overly critical when you watch him he doesnt make many runs or move players.

For me he doesnt get back in the team until its earned and i would be looking for a replacement in Jan. 

We need pace upfront for quick counter attacks…Boyce doesn’t fit the bill.

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, OTT said:

Really annoyed about that result. Should have done a lot better. Boyce needs to come straight in. 

Badly need options in January, but any striker worth buying will be at a premium I'm not sure we can afford.

Boyces hold up play, physicality and general intelligence are key to us, especially when we get in a battle. 

He'll chase balls, hold up the ball and bring others ibri play. He also wins a lot of fouls to get us higher up the pitch. 

58 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Boyces hold up play, physicality and general intelligence are key to us, especially when we get in a battle. 

He'll chase balls, hold up the ball and bring others ibri play. He also wins a lot of fouls to get us higher up the pitch. 

I think Boyce is probably the best striker we’ve had at the club since Sow. 

I was finding how deep he was having to drop to get the ball annoying earlier this season. Need more of our forward players to take responsibility and get on the ball to make things happen. He’s a 20 goal a season striker at the right end of the pitch. But when he’s having to play as an auxiliary midfielder we lose that asset. 

I wonder if this 343 stuff needs canned. About the only player this seems to be suited for is Halkett. Getting McEneff on in a midfield 3 means Boyce can focus on getting on the end of attacks instead of the middle of them. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think Boyce is probably the best striker we’ve had at the club since Sow. 

I was finding how deep he was having to drop to get the ball annoying earlier this season. Need more of our forward players to take responsibility and get on the ball to make things happen. He’s a 20 goal a season striker at the right end of the pitch. But when he’s having to play as an auxiliary midfielder we lose that asset. 

I wonder if this 343 stuff needs canned. About the only player this seems to be suited for is Halkett. Getting McEneff on in a midfield 3 means Boyce can focus on getting on the end of attacks instead of the middle of them. 

I prefer 

Defensive mid 

Box to box mid

Flair mid

2 wingers 

Striker at the point. 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Is not the answer. Huffs and puffs a bit and scores the odd penalty. Better than Gnando but who isn't?

Exactly that mate. The players a myth. Slow on the ball, shite touch and scores the occasional penalty. Nade wis better 

1 hour ago, fuzzy717 said:

Exactly that mate. The players a myth. Slow on the ball, shite touch and scores the occasional penalty. Nade wis better 

I will have what you are smoking 

Christ don't ever say Nisbet is better, whatever you do.

Boyce is decent.....but how many does he score from open play ???? We need another type of striker so that Robbie can utilise him within a different game plan once our one dimensional tactic is sussed and negated by the opposing manager/team. Sometimes (if we ever try a different game type away from home) we need to rumble them up (old saying) ......as a cheap/ish option - big Uche is about to become available....tell me he couldnt do a better job as being an alternative type to Gnando ? (as a squad player to come on and baffle the opposition) We are getting the same results away from home as we did in the lower division plus a few years ago the last time RN was here....AS HE IS TOO NEGATIVE/NAIVE.....the DU fans were telling us this when he left.....as if we needed reminding ! 

Shite touch hahaha. Ok🥴

The Treasurer

As our main striker his primary job is to score goals. He does that quite well as his total shows. 

However he brings much more than that to the team. 

Holds the ball up,  brings others into the play and his intelligent runs creates space for others. 

We do need a different type of striker but as an option not a replacement 

Actual proven goal scorer in this league.

If we partner him with a quick, physical, relentless striker he’ll score for fun. 

Play him up top by himself? We won’t see much of him during games

On 08/11/2021 at 13:48, GlasgoJambo said:

And they took the lead too.....

12 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

He’s only scored 3 from open play hardly prolific.

Robbo scored 64 pens for Hearts. Take it he wasn't prolific either by your standards? 

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Robbo scored 64 pens for Hearts. Take it he wasn't prolific either by your standards? 

Eh! He scored 214 goals for Hearts!

6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Boyce has scored hundreds in his career as well but according to doughnut features there, isn't very prolific. :rolleyes:

52 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Boyce has scored hundreds in his career as well but according to doughnut features there, isn't very prolific. :rolleyes:

No need for name calling…

On 23/11/2021 at 12:16, Robbies Tackle said:

Said it before I think but Nicky Clark is someone we should be looking at.  Sure he would jump at the chance coming here too. 

Would be more than willing. A good choice.

Ex member of the SaS

Going against the grain but I just don't rate him at all. Trips of his own feet/ball and doesn't score enough goals to be a Hearts great. Yes he can hold the ball up and uses his body but how often do ref's give him fouls when he is clearly hampered? For the money I really do think there are better options out there. ( before anyone starts ) I don't have suggestions, that's the job of the manager/scouts.

Many of the players we have dumped as not good enough would probably do well the way we play now, they just didn't cut it under previous systems/managers. T. Watt is one .

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Going against the grain but I just don't rate him at all. Trips of his own feet/ball and doesn't score enough goals to be a Hearts great. Yes he can hold the ball up and uses his body but how often do ref's give him fouls when he is clearly hampered? For the money I really do think there are better options out there. ( before anyone starts ) I don't have suggestions, that's the job of the manager/scouts.

Many of the players we have dumped as not good enough would probably do well the way we play now, they just didn't cut it under previous systems/managers. T. Watt is one .

Not sure folk are heralding him as a Hearts great Tbh. 

Bit Harsh to compare him to these types. 

55 games 28 goals and 12 assists but if he's no banging them in like Lewendowski,  we may as well chuck him on the shite pile according to some of the fitbaw oracle's on here. 

He brings something different, but he slows play down. Personally, my view is we are a better footballing team without Smith and Boyce slowing moves down. If however, we are in a battle or not dominating possession then both are useful players.

Fozzyonthefence
19 hours ago, Thomaso said:

He scored a lot more than that!  214 might have been league goals only. 

3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

He brings something different, but he slows play down. Personally, my view is we are a better footballing team without Smith and Boyce slowing moves down. If however, we are in a battle or not dominating possession then both are useful players.

BINGO!

15 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

He scored a lot more than that!  214 might have been league goals only. 

Just confirms my point then 👍

20 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Agree with you.   Hearts play better under pace and Boyce & Smith do slow the game down.

Without Boyce no one can hold it in. I get the front 3 were great against Dundee Utd but Ginnelly is so hit and miss I would play Boyce here if he's fit enough. I'm sure he is bursting at the seams to get back at it and score a few goals from open play. 

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, Cruyff said:

55 games 28 goals and 12 assists but if he's no banging them in like Lewendowski,  we may as well chuck him on the shite pile according to some of the fitbaw oracle's on here. 

Is that true?

Add in the penalties he wins, he won 2 this season that I remember.

He does need to get in the box more, but folk that can't see he's a good player should go and watch Tennis.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is that true?

Add in the penalties he wins, he won 2 this season that I remember.

He does need to get in the box more, but folk that can't see he's a good player should go and watch Tennis.

Yep, that's his record at Hearts. 

Career total is 397 games, 184 goals and 72 assists. 

But aye, he's shite of course. 

21 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Boycie is class and has so much more to his game than scoring goals, but those stats are quite something. If he is fit he will 100% start against St mirren with Woodburn or Ginnelly making way. (most likely the latter)