Jump to content

** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal


Sertse
 Share

Recommended Posts

Batistuta87
27 minutes ago, Chimp said:

It's mad how all of a sudden a fair few are slowly writing Beni off, like he's maybe not that good anymore just because of a couple of under par performances.  He's just back from injury and will need time to get back to his best again. The boy is class and that's a fact. Don't forget how good he was from the start of the season til his injury.

Typical JKB. 

Laughable. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Pasquale for King

    357

  • Bazzas right boot

    395

  • BackOfTheNet

    505

  • GinRummy

    539

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Chimp said:

It's mad how all of a sudden a fair few are slowly writing Beni off, like he's maybe not that good anymore just because of a couple of under par performances.  He's just back from injury and will need time to get back to his best again. The boy is class and that's a fact. Don't forget how good he was from the start of the season til his injury.

 

 

Tbf he was probably overly rated a bit  on here at the start and now he's being underrated 

 

Typical of jkb. 

 

The truth is somewhere in between. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

 

 

Tbf he was probably overly rated a bit  on here at the start and now he's being underrated 

 

Typical of jkb. 

 

The truth is somewhere in between. 

 

 

 

 

I don't really think he was overrated though, he was a stand out most games. Covered every blade of grass, won the ball back and never lost possession. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

 

 

I don't really think he was overrated though, he was a stand out most games. Covered every blade of grass, won the ball back and never lost possession. 

 

 

Yeah he was good, but very unlikely to maintain that over a season and no where near the OF midfield options. 

 

Some had him as a £8m player and better than the of options after a few weeks. 

Crazy. 

 

Just like now, although he's not been as good he still looks like a proper midfielder. Imo he's put best option there. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

 

Yeah he was good, but very unlikely to maintain that over a season and no where near the OF midfield options. 

 

Some had him as a £8m player and better than the of options after a few weeks. 

Crazy. 

 

Just like now, although he's not been as good he still looks like a proper midfielder. Imo he's put best option there. 

 

 

 

Nobody is worth that kind of money after half a season, madness

 

Yep we'll just need to see how he gets on between now and the end of the season, get a better idea then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LarrysRightFoot
2 hours ago, Chimp said:

 

Nobody is worth that kind of money after half a season, madness

 

Yep we'll just need to see how he gets on between now and the end of the season, get a better idea then.

He’s not proven how good he is yet. He needs to stay fit and get a under preseason under his belt yet before we see the best of him IMO. 
 

But he definitely has the potential to be as good as a fair few OF midfielders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WheatfieldWarrior
7 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

He’s not proven how good he is yet. He needs to stay fit and get a under preseason under his belt yet before we see the best of him IMO. 
 

But he definitely has the potential to be as good as a fair few OF midfielders. 

 

OF Midfielders have goals in their game.  He doesn't even try to score goals. Devlin at least tries. McEneff has 2 from the 10 minutes he's been on the park this season.  Halliday the ex OF player has 4 and he's been played out of position all season.

 

Definitely has potential though. Hope he can kick on and add goals to his game.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

weegie jambo
48 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

 

Feel sorry for the lad, is he ever going to get a chance at Hearts?

I'll be able to keep tabs on his progress as one of my sons in law plays with East Fife..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Feel sorry for the lad, is he ever going to get a chance at Hearts?

I'll be able to keep tabs on his progress as one of my sons in law plays with East Fife..

 

He's just turned 17, plenty time 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

Feel sorry for the lad, is he ever going to get a chance at Hearts?

I'll be able to keep tabs on his progress as one of my sons in law plays with East Fife..

 

Considering how Robbie and others at the club talk about him I wouldn't worry. Robbie said last month that he is coming back from injury so they want to see how he does then send him out on loan, its always been the plan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

weegie jambo
12 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

 

He's just turned 17, plenty time 

 

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

 

Considering how Robbie and others at the club talk about him I wouldn't worry. Robbie said last month that he is coming back from injury so they want to see how he does then send him out on loan, its always been the plan. 

Oh well, just have to wait and see I guess. What I've seen of him he looks good, hope he gets his chance eventually.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 24/02/2022 at 14:58, Bazzas right boot said:

 

Yeah he was good, but very unlikely to maintain that over a season and no where near the OF midfield options. 

 

Some had him as a £8m player and better than the of options after a few weeks. 

Crazy. 

 

Just like now, although he's not been as good he still looks like a proper midfielder. Imo he's put best option there. 

 

 

£5m IMO

 

EPL background.

 

Next season in euro games and probably get that for him in January if he does well.

 

Jesus if Aberdeen and Hibs can put the figures they do on players why not us?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

£5m IMO

 

EPL background.

 

Next season in euro games and probably get that for him in January if he does well.

 

Jesus if Aberdeen and Hibs can put the figures they do on players why not us?

 

 

 

He might very well be. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could have interpreted it wrong but Robbie’s comments yesterday - whilst a bit on the fence - suggest that haring could well be moving on. If you really want to keep a player you talk them up in the media - and this isn’t happening. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

Could have interpreted it wrong but Robbie’s comments yesterday - whilst a bit on the fence - suggest that haring could well be moving on. If you really want to keep a player you talk them up in the media - and this isn’t happening. 

 

If Beni and Devlin are staying then we really need a different type of player. But I suppose we may replace McEneff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/02/2022 at 14:54, Chimp said:

 

 

I don't really think he was overrated though, he was a stand out most games. Covered every blade of grass, won the ball back and never lost possession. 

 


He was not overrated and you are correct he was an absolute stand out. He is just back from injury and getting back up to speed but he is almost back to best again he is a terrific player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smithee
1 hour ago, Sooks said:


He was not overrated and you are correct he was an absolute stand out. He is just back from injury and getting back up to speed but he is almost back to best again he is a terrific player. 

 

This

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jambo89
10 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

£5m IMO

 

EPL background.

 

Next season in euro games and probably get that for him in January if he does well.

 

Jesus if Aberdeen and Hibs can put the figures they do on players why not us?

 


Would he not have only 6 months left on his contract in January? Thought I read somewhere he signed a 2 year deal with us. Would be lucky to get 7 figures if that is the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, jambo89 said:


Would he not have only 6 months left on his contract in January? Thought I read somewhere he signed a 2 year deal with us. Would be lucky to get 7 figures if that is the case.

 

Do you mean Baningime he was a three season signing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wavydavy
51 minutes ago, jambo89 said:


Would he not have only 6 months left on his contract in January? Thought I read somewhere he signed a 2 year deal with us. Would be lucky to get 7 figures if that is the case.

 

McKay was only a two year deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, jambo89 said:


Would he not have only 6 months left on his contract in January? Thought I read somewhere he signed a 2 year deal with us. Would be lucky to get 7 figures if that is the case.

 

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

 

Do you mean Baningime he was a three season signing.

 

Just now, wavydavy said:

 

McKay was only a two year deal.

 

Sorry I thought you were talking about Baningime jambo89

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chillidigits

There was a time I thought that to address an air of sluggishness about the team introducing young guys like Henderson and Pollock would help to freshen things up and inject a bit of youthful hunger into our performance.

I'm disappointed that this didn't happen. I really thought there was a decent case for giving them minutes on the pitch. They deserved a chance as a sub but all they got was a snub.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jambo89
40 minutes ago, Sooks said:

 

 

 

Sorry I thought you were talking about Baningime jambo89

I did mean Baningime, but seen above that it was McKay who signed the 2 year deal. Got confused as to who had the 2 year deal. Knew one of them did and thought it was Beni.

 

Apologies 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

I did mean Baningime, but seen above that it was McKay who signed the 2 year deal. Got confused as to who had the 2 year deal. Knew one of them did and thought it was Beni.

 

Apologies 

 

 I have done the same this season I kept thinking it was Devlin that had signed the two year deal and not McKay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1971fozzy
3 hours ago, Sooks said:


He was not overrated and you are correct he was an absolute stand out. He is just back from injury and getting back up to speed but he is almost back to best again he is a terrific player. 


well said.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Led Tasso
7 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Could have interpreted it wrong but Robbie’s comments yesterday - whilst a bit on the fence - suggest that haring could well be moving on. If you really want to keep a player you talk them up in the media - and this isn’t happening. 

 

7 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

 

If Beni and Devlin are staying then we really need a different type of player. But I suppose we may replace McEneff.

 

Haring probably wants regular games, and right or wrong Robbie clearly sees more in Baningime and Devlin as the future of the midfield than he does in Haring.

 

There have also been rumors that Haring would like to go back to Austria and TBF he's looked pretty apathetic at times in the last month or two.

 

He's been great for the club but it does feel like it's coming to an end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Sooks said:


He was not overrated and you are correct he was an absolute stand out. He is just back from injury and getting back up to speed but he is almost back to best again he is a terrific player. 

 

 

Looking at the Beni thread imo he was and is over rated by some, some of the comments may be tongue in cheek but a quick look over the on Beni thread says to me that after a handful of games he was over hyped and over rated a tad.

 

He is a good player tho, and those that were/ are  writing him off are wrong. 

 

He is good imo and has the qualities to be a proper midfielder. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Led Tasso
16 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

 

 

Looking at the Beni thread imo he was and is over rated by some, some of the comments may be tongue in cheek but a quick look over the on Beni thread says to me that after a handful of games he was over hyped and over rated a tad.

 

He is a good player tho, and those that were/ are  writing him off are wrong. 

 

He is good imo and has the qualities to be a proper midfielder. 

 

 

 

 

Yes, beginning of the season when we were undefeated and had beaten Celtic (who were still settling in to learning Angeball), it was fun to say he was better than the midfielders at the OF. That was obviously irrational exuberance but getting swept up in the moment is what sport is about and while I don't think I ever said that about him I won't apologize for getting ridiculously excited by our signing such an excellent young player.

 

I'm not sure "overrated" is quite the right word, considering I think most of us were knowingly engaging in a bit of hyperbole, but there it was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Clerry Jambo
4 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

There was a time I thought that to address an air of sluggishness about the team introducing young guys like Henderson and Pollock would help to freshen things up and inject a bit of youthful hunger into our performance.

I'm disappointed that this didn't happen. I really thought there was a decent case for giving them minutes on the pitch. They deserved a chance as a sub but all they got was a snub.

Totally with you on this. Brings a freshness and also a kick up the ass of the more senior professionals that they need to raise their game if young lads doing well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

 

 

Looking at the Beni thread imo he was and is over rated by some, some of the comments may be tongue in cheek but a quick look over the on Beni thread says to me that after a handful of games he was over hyped and over rated a tad.

 

He is a good player tho, and those that were/ are  writing him off are wrong. 

 

He is good imo and has the qualities to be a proper midfielder. 

 

 

 

 

 

He's a good player, hopefully joined by someone else next season with young Devlin in and about them for game time. 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

 

 

Looking at the Beni thread imo he was and is over rated by some, some of the comments may be tongue in cheek but a quick look over the on Beni thread says to me that after a handful of games he was over hyped and over rated a tad.

 

He is a good player tho, and those that were/ are  writing him off are wrong. 

 

He is good imo and has the qualities to be a proper midfielder. 

 

 

 


I actually think you are underrating him to be honest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/im-a-gorgie-boy-mcgill-extends-hearts-deal

 

Scott McGill has been given a 1 year extension by Hearts (so contract now runs till 2023.) Has had a good loan at Airdrie. 

 

Pleased to see this. I think Robbies next challenge is to start to integrate the academy lads into the first team. Only having space for two midfielders in our team (assuming 343) will no doubt make this harder, but if Robbie does adopt a 4231 more regularly, I could see places opening up for lads like McGill and Pollock going forward. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Sooks said:


I actually think you are underrating him to be honest.

 

Fair doos. 

 

Midfielders that dictate Games v big teams and regularly will get my plaudits. 

Key passes and big goals in big games. 

 

He's not played enough for me to come out with some of statements and superlatives on his thread that were made by many. 

 

Good player tho, started well has the raw attributes to be a very good midfielder imo. 

He's shown good potential, started well and imo is certainly our best midfielder at this time. 

 

 

I'll hold back on my gushing, at this time. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, OTT said:

 

Pleased to see this. I think Robbies next challenge is to start to integrate the academy lads into the first team. Only having space for two midfielders in our team (assuming 343) will no doubt make this harder, but if Robbie does adopt a 4231 more regularly, I could see places opening up for lads like McGill and Pollock going forward. 

 

 

Robbies next challenge is to get us further in the cups and get third place again. 

 

Nobody will be caring were the players come from. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

 

Fair doos. 

 

Midfielders that dictate Games v big teams and regularly will get my plaudits. 

Key passes and big goals in big games. 

 

He's not played enough for me to come out with some of statements and superlatives on his thread that were made by many. 

 

Good player tho, started well has the raw attributes to be a very good midfielder imo. 

He's shown good potential, started well and imo is certainly our best midfielder at this time. 

 

 

I'll hold back on my gushing, at this time. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


I think he would get a game for Rangers or Celtic depending on how they were setting up in any particular game. The reason he isn’t dominating games against them is because they have players of a similar ability all over the park where as we can not afford to have that and instead have one or two. Gordon, Baningime and Souttar are as good as anything at the Old Firm currently but they are surrounded by players who are not at that same level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bazzas right boot
44 minutes ago, Sooks said:


I think he would get a game for Rangers or Celtic depending on how they were setting up in any particular game. The reason he isn’t dominating games against them is because they have players of a similar ability all over the park where as we can not afford to have that and instead have one or two. Gordon, Baningime and Souttar are as good as anything at the Old Firm currently but they are surrounded by players who are not at that same level.

 

I don't think he'd be near the celtic or Rangers starting team, yet. 

 

Anyway, opinions. 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

 

I don't think he'd be near the celtic or Rangers starting team, yet. 

 

Anyway, opinions. 

 

 

 


Yes opinions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bongo 1874
7 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

 

 

Looking at the Beni thread imo he was and is over rated by some, some of the comments may be tongue in cheek but a quick look over the on Beni thread says to me that after a handful of games he was over hyped and over rated a tad.

 

He is a good player tho, and those that were/ are  writing him off are wrong. 

 

He is good imo and has the qualities to be a proper midfielder. 

 

 

 

Overated in the same way Glen Kamara was at Dundee. 

 

Just stop tosh, boy has class written all over him, if we can't get him performing regulary you know exactly what the problem is. 

 

Stop making excuses. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wavydavy
20 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

 

 

Robbies next challenge is to get us further in the cups and get third place again. 

 

Nobody will be caring were the players come from. 

 

Except that the club have said they want to start reaping benefits from the money and effort that is and has gone into the Academy.

 

Not much point in having one if we are not going to give players a chance to show what they are capable of other than a few pre- season friendlies.

 

Clubs lower down the league often give younger guys the chance because they maybe don't have the resources to constantly bring in more experienced players. That is how clubs like Motherwell have made money from players.

 

Robbie seems to prefer to play players out of position rather than give the younger guys a chance.

 

Halliday given another two year deal is bound to be a bit of a sickener for the likes of Pollock, McGill etc.

 

Ok I suppose you could argue that these lads need to impress in the games they play or in training to catch the eye but I just don't see it happening.

 

Is that a reflection on fear from Robbie's part or is it just that these players are not good enough?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

Except that the club have said they want to start reaping benefits from the money and effort that is and has gone into the Academy.

 

Not much point in having one if we are not going to give players a chance to show what they are capable of other than a few pre- season friendlies.

 

Clubs lower down the league often give younger guys the chance because they maybe don't have the resources to constantly bring in more experienced players. That is how clubs like Motherwell have made money from players.

 

Robbie seems to prefer to play players out of position rather than give the younger guys a chance.

 

Halliday given another two year deal is bound to be a bit of a sickener for the likes of Pollock, McGill etc.

 

Ok I suppose you could argue that these lads need to impress in the games they play or in training to catch the eye but I just don't see it happening.

 

Is that a reflection on fear from Robbie's part or is it just that these players are not good enough?


Its quite a difficult one I think. Robbie has been criticised for a reluctance to play youth in both his stints as Hearts manager. Which alongside with what you’re saying is why I think it’s a big challenge for him. Although, I genuinely believe he takes a view that the youngsters won’t get game time for the sake of it. That they actually have to be good enough, I do think that poses quite an obstacle for them to overcome though. Players take time to develop and grow. 
 

Maybe with Levein not being here Robbie will be in it for the long haul and we maybe will see him create a stable team that in turn makes it easier to bring young players in? 
 

His first goal is to be successful sure, but playing good football and using the academy are both secondary factors which he’ll be judged on. 
 

I wonder how much the lack of loyalty plays a factor in that? Ie young players that can make a 12 yard pass invariably have interest from down south, so what’s the point in having them come in make errors, cost us points then watch them run down their contract and bugger off for pennies on the pound? Especially if the alternative is to pick up guys in their early 20s who can already cope with the demands put on them and are less likely to make some of the errors teenagers do?

 

Thinking out loud mostly here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...