** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

In other non-Souttar news but someone a lot on here fancied... 

Zak Ruden to Motherwell.

Basterd I reckon that might be a good signing, hopefully it isn't. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

MLS season is over - starts back end of Feb. Pretty sure he was home for his wedding. 

Reckon he could end up at us. 

Just now, Drumjambo said:

Totally and he's a far better player now than when he joined. Hearts helped in that - positive!

If we get better as a team,  bigger teams will come looking at our players - Its the economics of the game

I get the disappointment but for me way over the top reaction - The boy wants to move on.....Off you go !

👏👍

1 minute ago, Sertse said:

Banter is banter and all that but I do love the club. My grandad was buried in his favourite Hearts strip, the Hearts song was played at his funeral and the badge is engraved on his headstone. The club phoned my gran to check up on her after he died. He has a plaque at the memorial garden and I'll have one there one day as well. I've bought my son a Hearts top every year of his life. Most of my prized possessions are maroon. The club is a huge part of my life. I expect to see the club disrespected by fans of other clubs but to see a player who's been given so much by them disrespect it by opting to give them absolutely nothing back is downright despicable. Most of us bleed maroon here and to see a player we all loved go to one of our rivals is sickening as it is, but choosing the option where we get nothing? You just expect better from them.

Brilliant post mate. And the very best thing about it is we are ENTITLED to be partisan and judgemental on matters like this. Because we are fickle fitbaw men, who’s loyalty lies with the club, not an individual

player. JS obviously has his reasons for moving there, but who the **** cares what they are? I certainly don’t, I look at these things through 100% maroon glasses. And I make no apologies whatsoever for doing it. 

He’s done us over.

2 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Totally and he's a far better player now than when he joined. Hearts helped in that - positive!

If we get better as a team,  bigger teams will come looking at our players - Its the economics of the game

I get the disappointment but for me way over the top reaction - The boy wants to move on.....Off you go !

It’s the worst possible outcome for many fans. I wish him nothing bar failure. People are just adjusting to hating him as we all should hate anybody that pulls on a strip for the zombies. He’s just a ****ing rat with zero thought for a club that was at least as good for him as he was for us. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
51 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Have we ever hoovered up a 4/5 million pound player for free ? 

We are entitled to be hacked off. 

Last year of his contract not worth 4 million. Dry your eyes. Same player we hoovered up for 160k.

Hearts will get over it just as we have done many times before. 

Tears and ****ing snotters, what a ****ing embarrassment this is :rofl:

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Souttar was injured last season. We were reported to have offered him a new deal early on in the season. You’re general point may be right but as far as Souttar is concerned I’m not sure the club could have done much more, other than Chuck money at him we didn’t want to pay.

Correct. When injured last time his main concern was that he would be able to walk properly again. Would have been pure negligence to offer a new contract before we knew if he had recovered.

1 hour ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Difficult position for us now.

We're clearly publicly stating his importance for the remainder of the season in an attempt to get as much money from Rangers now as possible. However there's no way he can be included in any match day squads from now on which kind of defeats our argument. 

We've done so well this season, we really don't need the distraction of having him anywhere near our games from now on. 

We not in a difficult position at all.

We were looking at new defenders in the case that he left. If we don’t get anyone we either play him or we don’t. Nothing difficult about it at all.

1 hour ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

Note his family are delighted too........

If my son or daughter got a job that tripled (or more) their salary and gave them the chance of working at a higher level (eg Champs League) I’d be ****ing delighted for them.

31 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Thing I'm angriest at with Souttar is how he's treated the club I love. Hearts have looked after him for years when he was completely useless to us. For him to agree to terms that will leave us with nothing is disgusting. How dare he treat my club like that.

Sertse - I am willing to bet a lot of money that Souttar was rushed back from injury at least once in a move which probably caused one of his next injuries. I don’t think any of us can debate that we essentially ****ed up 18 months of Haring’s career because of that Cup Final start.

I don’t think Hearts can say with a clear conscience that they always prioritised his well-being.

So how does he owe us in those circumstances? 

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Correct. When injured last time his main concern was that he would be able to walk properly again. Would have been pure negligence to offer a new contract before we knew if he had recovered.

We not in a difficult position at all.

We were looking at new defenders in the case that he left. If we don’t get anyone we either play him or we don’t. Nothing difficult about it at all.

If my son or daughter got a job that tripled (or more) their salary and gave them the chance of working at a higher level (eg Champs League) I’d be ****ing delighted for them.

Sertse - I am willing to bet a lot of money that Souttar was rushed back from injury at least once in a move which probably caused one of his next injuries. I don’t think any of us can debate that we essentially ****ed up 18 months of Haring’s career because of that Cup Final start.

I don’t think Hearts can say with a clear conscience that they always prioritised his well-being.

I argued with you yesterday, but you are spot on with this. 

Credit were it's due. 

Apart from top part with contract, we could've taken a chance. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

13 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Banter is banter and all that but I do love the club. My grandad was buried in his favourite Hearts strip, the Hearts song was played at his funeral and the badge is engraved on his headstone. The club phoned my gran to check up on her after he died. He has a plaque at the memorial garden and I'll have one there one day as well. I've bought my son a Hearts top every year of his life. Most of my prized possessions are maroon. The club is a huge part of my life. I expect to see the club disrespected by fans of other clubs but to see a player who's been given so much by them disrespect it by opting to give them absolutely nothing back is downright despicable. Most of us bleed maroon here and to see a player we all loved go to one of our rivals is sickening as it is, but choosing the option where we get nothing? You just expect better from them.

Love this post 👏

As much as I like Souttar as a player, the stats for Halkett and Kingsley over the last couple of seasons, they have contributed more in terms of goals and games played.

Halkett when he first came to us was shaky to say the least, but he showed in the cup final defeat what it meant to him and he seems to be on a mission to be the better.  IMO Halkett and Kingsley have been stronger than Souttar.

4 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Last year of his contract not worth 4 million. Dry your eyes. Same player we hoovered up for 160k.

This 100%

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Total Guesswork 

Malinga the Swinga

If there's one thing that makes me seethe, it's our supporters trying to act worldy and seeing the bigger picture, while the rest of us, admittedly over the top, vent our feelings.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We have to pay his wages regardless so might as well play him unless it becomes obvious his mind is elsewhere and it affects his performances.  He also has World Cup qualifiers in March to focus on so it’s in his interests that  he plays well.  If he doesn’t, **** him and get him binned but if he carries on playing well then there’s no point being petty and cutting our nose to spite our face. 

Nah, we shouldn't allow players to treat us like a Diddy club. Sends the wrong message to any other players. 

The streets is watching 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I argued with you yesterday, but you are spot on with this. 

Credit were it's due. 

Apart from top part with contract, we could've taken a chance. 

We can disagree at times and we can agree - I’m cool with that Bongo.

Only thing I’d say is we offered Berra a new contract when he was injured and look how that turned out.

I mentioned previously that having spoken to 2 ex-pro rugby players they said Berra’s full hamstring tear at his age would **** him. They were right but Hearts didn’t spot that with Berra.

When Berra came back he was like a lame horse (and we rushed him back as well i recall).

So I totally understand why we didn’t offer him a new deal after his 4th serious injury.

We can disagree at times and we can agree - I’m cool with that Bongo.

Only thing I’d say is we offered Berra a new contract when he was injured and look how that turned out.

I mentioned previously that having spoken to 2 ex-pro rugby players they said Berra’s full hamstring tear at his age would **** him. They were right but Hearts didn’t spot that with Berra.

When Berra came back he was like a lame horse (and we rushed him back as well i recall).

So I totally understand why we didn’t offer him a new deal after his 4th serious injury.

👍

We will rebuild. 

Just waking up with a doozie of a hangover. First thing I read waking up is this. What are we actually saying here in the post? Is he or isn’t he gone?

F75EE145-5EF1-4FC4-B5BF-F5E00477E5FF.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Great post mate, 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Total Guesswork 

Not based on our actions with a lot of our players under Levein.

Haring - defo rushed back

Naismith also

Washington and Smith played with muscle niggles and out for longer when they had muscle tears.

Berra - defo played when he wasn’t fully up to speed.

Bound to be more but that’s just off the top of my head.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

👍

We will rebuild. 

I’m easy about it.

As I said the other day - is Souttar at Rangers going to make a material difference between us two teams and where we finish in the league or even in any of our remaining games?

No.

It just gives us the chance to go out and get a better replacement.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Not based on our actions with a lot of our players under Levein.

Haring - defo rushed back

Naismith also

Washington and Smith played with muscle niggles and out for longer when they had muscle tears.

Berra - defo played when he wasn’t fully up to speed.

Bound to be more but that’s just off the top of my head.

Again total guesswork. 

Me or you are not on the medical team so we have no idea what has been said. 

13 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

As embarrassing as Hearts fans mocking other Hearts fans for being livid? No sure to be honest…

I’m easy about it.

As I said the other day - is Souttar at Rangers going to make a material difference between us two teams and where we finish in the league or even in any of our remaining games?

No.

It just gives us the chance to go out and get a better replacement.

Spot on 👍

20 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Reckon he could end up at us. 

We could do a lot worse tbh, but don't think he's quite what we need. Moore would do me as an immediate replacement then we'd just need someone in as backup. Pretty sure if we got some money for Souttar that it would be enough to buy Moore?? 

Atkinson - Moore - Halkett - Kingsley - Cochrane is a defence I'd be pretty happy with. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Just now, Mac80 said:

Again total guesswork. 

It’s fairly common knowledge tbh. It’s not total guesswork and could be wrong but I doubt it. Haring was ****ed playing when he shouldn’t for a start. Levein himself admitted to playing at least one player while on pain relief and choosing when he should get an operation rather than sending him at a critical point of the season. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Hope to never see JS in hearts top again. Neilson better have him cleaning boots till his contract is out. I look forward to giving him a horrendous reception when he returns to tynecastle 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Again total guesswork. 

It’s not guesswork mate.

Haring played the final after his injury and wasn’t seen again for 18 months.

Smith had a thigh niggle and was subbed - played next game. Thigh muscle tear. Out for weeks.

Washington had a hamstring niggle one game played the next game -pulled it - out for weeks.

You can check all this with a bit of research.

Also, when players are injured insurance pas for rehab. So players don’t “owe” us really when they recover from injury when they are signed to us. It’s bollocks mate.

We are an employer anyway 1 we have a duty of care to employees health and safety.

21 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Mate cracking post as was your previous one. Like you I’m maroon through and through. My spare time and holidays revolve around who we are playing and weekends are spent home and away every week. Pre season tours are followed and treated as weekends away with the mrs. She knows how important the club are to me and never questions where and why I go. It’s a ritual, a hobby and an obsession for me. I have a few Hearts tattoos and wear them with pride. I love my club and my fellow fans. I have never wavered from buying season tickets for the family and I’m only a few maroon points away from the 1874 club. I chucked in money every away game when we were in the championship and even refused refunds on ST’s from the club when the season was stopped short. I can’t stress how much my love for the club along with many many others actually is. 

So when our club is disrespected in such a fashion then it pains me, especially  when we have given soapy nothing but 100% unconditional support, to say he couldn’t even give us the customary heads up I’ve signed a PCA with the hun. It feels like the club were  the last to know of his intentions if our statement is anything to go by.

I get he has family and it’s a short career and he wants to better himself, financially support his family with the best deal he can get. I’ve actually no problem with that or any player as a matter of fact as it’s just a job to them at the end of the day.  However a bit respect and decorum is the very least thing he could have afforded us fans and his employer. 

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s fairly common knowledge tbh. It’s not total guesswork and could be wrong but I doubt it. Haring was ****ed playing when he shouldn’t for a start. Levein himself admitted to playing at least one player while on pain relief and choosing when he should get an operation rather than sending him at a critical point of the season. 

Pain killing injections have been a big thing in football for a long time tbf. But no doubt Robbie has managed our injuries better than Levein did, possibly partly because of the strength of the squad and the fact that we haven't had almost an entire team out injured. Levein was maybe also a bit old school with his pre-season etc - the dunes and all that.

7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s not guesswork mate.

Haring played the final after his injury and wasn’t seen again for 18 months.

Smith had a thigh niggle and was subbed - played next game. Thigh muscle tear. Out for weeks.

Washington had a hamstring niggle one game played the next game -pulled it - out for weeks.

You can check all this with a bit of research.

Also, when players are injured insurance pas for rehab. So players don’t “owe” us really when they recover from injury when they are signed to us. It’s bollocks mate.

We are an employer anyway 1 we have a duty of care to employees health and safety.

Yeah get that insurance covers the injuries but at the end of the day we extended his contract while he was injured. 

We stood by him in that respect. 

He could have at least signed a one year contract to allow us to get a couple of million. 

David Turnbull done it for Motherwell. I do not think it would have caused Souttar a great deal of hardship to do this and help the club thats helped him for years earn a bit cash for him. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Mac80 said:

Yeah get that insurance covers the injuries but at the end of the day we extended his contract while he was injured. 

We stood by him in that respect. 

He could have at least signed a one year contract to allow us to get a couple of million. 

David Turnbull done it for Motherwell. I do not think it would have caused Souttar a great deal of hardship to do this and help the club thats helped him for years earn a bit cash for him. 

Souttar has shown his character by his actions. No excuses, no justification, the man is a snake. He can get to ****.

39 minutes ago, Sertse said:

👍 Good post… and you’re bang on. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
20 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Just waking up with a doozie of a hangover. First thing I read waking up is this. What are we actually saying here in the post? Is he or isn’t he gone?

F75EE145-5EF1-4FC4-B5BF-F5E00477E5FF.jpeg

He’s gone in the summer but until then he remains a Hearts player. That could change if Rangers make us a decent offer to take him now.

33 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

Spot on. Gutted he chose Rangers but that's football I'm afraid. No one to blame for me. His career looked to be possibly finished march 2020 no team would have offered him a contract (including us). It then meant we had a shorter time to arrange an extension once he did return to full fitness. Scotland call up and subsequent performance didn't help Hearts and if anything hindered our chances of keeping him. I think if he stays to end of the season he will improve our team and also help our chances of European football. Not gonna say good luck to him but would like to thank him for his service.

south morocco

He’s finished here IMO. Whatever the club are saying publicly,  I’d expect him to be on his way this month. He’ll get dogs abuse and it’ll affect the team.  Look forward to seeing who they bring in to replace him.

Guest ToqueJambo
24 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Souttar did do exactly that after his first injury, in terms of signing an extension. Not sure if he'd proven his fitness but he was back playing I think. I do think he owes us, but football isn't really like that - not a lot of loyalty when it comes down to career decisions etc.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Ainsley Harriott
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Souttar did do exactly that after his first injury, in terms of signing an extension. Not sure if he'd proven his fitness but he was back playing I think. I do think he owes us, but football isn't really like that - not a lot of loyalty when it comes down to career decisions etc.

There's a separate thread about John The Snake 

Malinga the Swinga
27 minutes ago, jager man said:

Spot on. Gutted he chose Rangers but that's football I'm afraid. No one to blame for me. His career looked to be possibly finished march 2020 no team would have offered him a contract (including us). It then meant we had a shorter time to arrange an extension once he did return to full fitness. Scotland call up and subsequent performance didn't help Hearts and if anything hindered our chances of keeping him. I think if he stays to end of the season he will improve our team and also help our chances of European football. Not gonna say good luck to him but would like to thank him for his service.

He received thanks for service in way of receiving his wages each month, whilst spending half the time unable to play.

He did nothing for club that deserves thanks, not one single thing.

Biggest snake we have had at club for years, easily surpassing Pressley and others.

Get him to **** and he should never wear our shirt again. Can't be trusted, and now incredibly suspicious of lack of defending he provided when we played his future employees a few weeks back.

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yeah, let's have a laugh at a snake shitting on Hearts and their supporters. 

I'm not laughing at John Souttar I'm laughing at a grown man throwing his toys out the pram on the internet. Get over yourself. 

Pasquale for King

Good news about Smith and Roberts, I think if the club knew about Souttar signing for them on a pre contract they might’ve announced these deals on different days. 
We need to get what we can from them and move on. 

Under the floodlight
6 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I like it….

Fredo Souttar. It has a ring to it.

I'm tempted to ask him if he wants to do a spot of fishing.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal