** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

£300k is pretty daft. Given his medical history, you’d think they’d want to be managing his training, physio, etc rather than letting us do it until the summer. 

can you imagine buying a car and letting the old owner drive it for six months?

Im not saying I hope he gets injured, but our sports science guys won’t lose too much sleep about keeping him out the red zone. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

28 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Happy to splurge on 35% of Ramsays wage which is probably around £140k a week if £400k is to be believed. So effectively bidding just over 2 weeks of his wages for JS. We should be asking for quadruple that as they clearly seem happy to spend it.

There is absolutely no danger they can afford that kind of money. 

Where is that figure being pulled from? :rofl:

36 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

If this is the final amount then they can GTF

It's like they are stuck in a timewarp. Same old tricks of trying to drive a hard bargain by offering peanuts, then coming back and offering the same amount again. Cannot stand that club and all who sink on her...

36 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

If this is the final amount then they can GTF

This is what the rat wanted, forcing hearts into taking a shite offer saving rangers money. Unlucky for him the decision makers have seen them coming and told them to bolt. That headline can **** off too, balls in our court to accept half of what we want aye 🤣🤣🤣 

Guest ToqueJambo

I'd be raging if I was Souttar at how Rangers have handled this. Not the best start with his new employer, but none of it should be a surprise. They roll out the red carpet and fork out millions on  "big name" foreign signings and quibble over a few hundred grand for Scottish signings.

As much as I wanted to see the back of Souttar when he signed that contract, if we get to the end of this window not caving in to their undermining tactics I’ll be happy.

Phil D. Corners
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I'd be raging if I was Souttar at how Rangers have handled this. Not the best start with his new employer, but none of it should be a surprise. They roll out the red carpet and fork out millions on  "big name" foreign signings and quibble over a few hundred grand for Scottish signings.

Souttar can’t be angry.. he should of made sure The Rangers would put in a good bid for him before signing. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, EH11 2NL said:

This is what the rat wanted, forcing hearts into taking a shite offer saving rangers money. Unlucky for him the decision makers have seen them coming and told them to bolt. That headline can **** off too, balls in our court to accept half of what we want aye 🤣🤣🤣 

Disagree, I think he wanted Rangers to pay a reasonable sum to show how they wanted him and get it over and done with, instead they did the usual old firm thing of trying to pay as little as possible to a fellow Scottish club while pay huge amounts to non-scottish clubs for other players. They did the exact same thing to Walker a few seasons back. Celtic did the same to McGinn

5 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I assume if Souttar stays he will be available on Sunday? 

He's still our player, so he plays if Robbie says so.

Guest ToqueJambo

Ryan McGowan predicted how Rangers, or another club that holds out to get Souttar for free, could treat him and it looks like he's right. Ryan pointed out that players that come in for nothing are treated as much more expendable - ie replaceable and droppable - than players that come in for a larger fee to great fanfare. It's much easier for a club to mess them about basically and fans often don't value players that come in for nothing as highly either. Rangers certainly aren't doing anything to show Souttar or their fans that they consider him a prized signing.

Outstanding news if those penny-pinching halfwits don't stump up. 

Defensive unit looks superb with Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley,  Siibbick and Moore. Throw in Haring and Smith as back back up an we are in a great place.

Basically like Souttar running down his contract which was probably going to happen anyway .

39 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Happy to splurge on 35% of Ramsays wage which is probably around £140k a week if £400k is to be believed. So effectively bidding just over 2 weeks of his wages for JS. We should be asking for quadruple that as they clearly seem happy to spend it.

He’s not on £400k a week. Half that the poor bugger. 

Souttar was signed to weaken us no other reason they dont even want him. Will end up the same way as Hastie, Barker, Jones etc. If they win the league Goldson will sign a new deal and he wont get a look in

3 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Outstanding news if those penny-pinching halfwits don't stump up. 

Defensive unit looks superb with Souttar, Halkett, Kingsley,  Siibbick and Moore. Throw in Haring and Smith as back back up an we are in a great place.

Basically like Souttar running down his contract which was probably going to happen anyway .

With Halkett out for 6 weeks and Smith struggling with his back, I am amazed anybody thinks we should sell Souttar!

Souttar has put in 3 really good performances giving 100% since this shit fest erupted.

We need to keep him for our drive for 3rd place and the cup.

14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Disagree, I think he wanted Rangers to pay a reasonable sum to show how they wanted him and get it over and done with, instead they did the usual old firm thing of trying to pay as little as possible to a fellow Scottish club while pay huge amounts to non-scottish clubs for other players. They did the exact same thing to Walker a few seasons back. Celtic did the same to McGinn

Souttar signed the pre contract knowing they were going in for him this month, that weakened hearts position for a good fee and he knew it. Unless he's lived under a rock and never heard of how that club try to do business. 

Edited by EH11 2NL

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

Still time for John to see the error of his ways, rip up the pre contract and commit his future to Hearts. That would be delightful.

He must be wondering what squad number he will get at ibrox in the summer, 35, 45, 55 take your pick Souttar 

6 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Still time for John to see the error of his ways, rip up the pre contract and commit his future to Hearts. That would be delightful.

From zero to hero. 

6 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Damn! Beat me to it. Stranger things have happened.

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Damn! Beat me to it. Stranger things have happened.

Stranger things have happened.

We once lost to Hibs.

14 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Can’t he do this?

has this happened before?

30 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

As much as I wanted to see the back of Souttar when he signed that contract, if we get to the end of this window not caving in to their undermining tactics I’ll be happy.

Spot on, bud.

30 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

100% with you. Cup final v huns and soapy scores 🤣

55 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

There you go John, that's how much your new employers value you.

This......I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for Soapy, think his Rangers career may echo that of Paul Ritchies 😳

35 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

When did 4th official account become a decent source of info?

It’s arguably the worst account on that platform. 

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Probably a hod carrier too, Mike but it was a bookseller joke - Confessions of Zeno was a famous novel, and Ibsen wrote 'The Master Builder'

I'll try to sharpen up my joke telling in future....

See yous intellectshuls?

Well, it has been said, "Ignorance is bliss ... they're wrong." 😉

If only folks had taken heed when Levein murmered, "If you become involved with me, then you will be throwing yourself into the abyss." 🤭

39 minutes ago, tian447 said:

There is absolutely no danger they can afford that kind of money. 

Where is that figure being pulled from? :rofl:

It’s an estimate based on the income of their next 5 shares-schemes, all scheduled for next week.  

14 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Can’t he do this?

Richie Britain did it but to join another team. Not sure how it would work this way around

JamboBornNBred
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Happened with Austrian winger Fin Dootyersel.  

LOL, that made me laugh.

15 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Can’t he do this?

People throw that about but it's almost certainly not true. A pre-contract can be legally binding or not depending on how it has been written.  In the modern football era it's likely to be legally binding.  Like any contract,  it can be broken at a cost.

3 minutes ago, bazman said:

Richie Britain did it but to join another team. Not sure how it would work this way around

Compensation was paid in that case.

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t be a bully - there’s loads of questions asked on here that people could find out themselves but are still asked 

if you don’t want to be helpful then just don’t respond 

2 minutes ago, db211833 said:

People throw that about but it's almost certainly not true. A pre-contract can be legally binding or not depending on how it has been written.  In the modern football era it's likely to be legally binding.  Like any contract,  it can be broken at a cost.

Wouldn’t wager against this being latter based on JSs injury history. 

32 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Souttar signed the pre contract knowing they were going in for him this month, that weakened hearts position for a good fee and he knew it. Unless he's lived under a rock and never heard of how that club try to do business. 

Of course he did . Because he has it in for us !

Utter mince

33 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Souttar was signed to weaken us no other reason they dont even want him. Will end up the same way as Hastie, Barker, Jones etc. If they win the league Goldson will sign a new deal and he wont get a look in

This is where I am. I don’t think Rangers have any intention of making him a regular starter. He’ll make a good stand in for an injured player, but more importantly, they’ll have some concern over our recent progress from championship to clear 3rd place in the league in our first season back. Couple that with recent signings, it’s only right they should wish us to be weakened.

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He’s not on £400k a week. Half that the poor bugger. 

It’s well established that he went there for £400k a week. 

11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It’s an estimate based on the income of their next 5 shares-schemes, all scheduled for next week.  

"Announcing the new Fan Token, $EVCO, launching at the low price of £0.001690 per token.

Buy 55, get 1 free.  Offer only valid for 10 uses in a row."

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jdl2002 said:

This is where I am. I don’t think Rangers have any intention of making him a regular starter. He’ll make a good stand in for an injured player, but more importantly, they’ll have some concern over our recent progress from championship to clear 3rd place in the league in our first season back. Couple that with recent signings, it’s only right they should wish us to be weakened.

Spot on, just a bench warming squad filler. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Earliest one I can recall is the Turkish lad Gügal Çerc

53 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

It's like they are stuck in a timewarp. Same old tricks of trying to drive a hard bargain by offering peanuts, then coming back and offering the same amount again. Cannot stand that club and all who sink on her...

I think there comes a point where club policy needs to be to just flat out no engage with them. 

They submit an offer, ignore it. 

1 minute ago, jdl2002 said:

This in spades. Souttar isn't going to play regular football for them. Don't see it. If they have cash to bring in Aaron Ramsay, don't you think they'll be looking to bring in better CBs than they currently have?

If he plays 50 games for them, I'll be shocked.