** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Since leaving Hearts last time his stats are curious. Loaned out to a Belgium team and never played. 

Came back and played back end of season in a high flying Barnsley team but more often and not didn’t play the full 90 minutes. 

Played regularly start of this season in a crap team and again more often than not didn’t play the full 90 minutes. Not played since November. Not in the squad last 2 months.

Not exactly the developing, progressive player being claimed. 

Not surprising that Barnsley fans are upset at his departure. Fans always are when your team is garbage and you see young players leaving. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That kills the 5.30 on Sky theory. It was 3pm ko.  Dark at final whistle especially for the huns. 

See above. Think I was getting mixed up with the cup game a few weeks later. 

Edited by Rogue Daddy

Just now, Agentjambo said:

You swerved that question well 🙄

Aye hold up a minute John will phone up Savage and ask him all the info right here right now, you seriously have to ask yourself if any understand football on here, clubs will be getting offered players non stop, Joe and recruitment team will be working round the clock talking to many players and agents ones that haven't even been mentioned, yet because they haven't been mentioned, aww you're aren't itk, I can see why posters like daza etc don't tell anyone feck all because of people that pester all the time, and arseholes that claim aww he knows nothing. 

Take what you want from it, but why the need to abuse posters etc. 

You aren't the only one so don't think I'm pinpointing you, the boy has came on and gave info, his whole entire day doesn't revolve around Hearts, he's been given info if he has anymore to post up he will do it. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Just now, jam doughnut said:

Since leaving Hearts last time his stats are curious. Loaned out to a Belgium team and never played. 

Came back and played back end of season in a high flying Barnsley team but more often and not didn’t play the full 90 minutes. 

Played regularly start of this season in a crap team and again more often than not didn’t play the full 90 minutes. Not played since November. Not in the squad last 2 months.

Not exactly the developing, progressive player being claimed. 

Not surprising that Barnsley fans are upset at his departure. Fans always are when your team is garbage and you see young players leaving. 

Sibbick was given a chance under big val, as the Barnsley fans call him. 

They lost him and mowatt to West brom, sibbick is very much a player that if kept fit, will be a real asset we can make money on him. 

And he is well suited to a high press can play right back, centre back, centre midfield, very versatile player. 

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

He needs a song - FACT.

We’ve got sibbick at the back, boycie in attack, toby hates the hibees, hearts are back...

Just now, Gary Locke said:

We’ve got sibbick at the back, boycie in attack, toby hates the hibees, hearts are back...

We’ve got Sibbick at the back

Souttar’s a dirty rat

The Future's Maroon

Things I have noticed

We are signing promising, younger, with potential selling value, players who fit the club and what we need and in positions we need.

We are getting players in who could have possibly earned more elsewhere, but WANT to come here.

No journeyman type signings (big thing for me)

The not on a match day, 12 noon, 3pm or 6pm announcements are oot the window….it can come out anytime.

Souttar - I liked Robbie’s comments about it will now take a higher offer to get him now due to injuries and he would serve us well till the end of the season.

Other teams fans disappointed to lose a player to us as they rated them - Everton and Barnsley fans in last couple of days.

Shiit has changed massively at Hearts and we can only get stronger/better.

Absolutely nae leaks, itk is dead - I used to get tidbits from a prominent ex employee on the coaching staff, which in hindsight was wrong and wrong for me posting it on here….that ship has sailed.

Its only positive and going to get better imo

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sibbick was given a chance under big val, as the Barnsley fans call him. 

They lost him and mowatt to West brom, sibbick is very much a player that if kept fit, will be a real asset we can make money on him. 

And he is well suited to a high press can play right back, centre back, centre midfield, very versatile player. 

Key words being ‘if kept fit’’. Whether he has a fitness, injury or other issues, he’s missed more games than he has played since being at Hearts on loan. 3.5 year deal though. Hmmm. 

1 minute ago, hunts said:

Heard a rumour tonight - Declan Gallagher from Aberdeen 

I expect we're done with CBs for this window unless Halkett's injury is serious.

Guest ToqueJambo

Getting slightly dizzy with the strength of our squad now. There's zero deadwood and in summer we can focus on upgrades only - maybe to the likes of GMS, Stewart and Halliday - and replacing any loans who leave.

9 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Things I have noticed

We are signing promising, younger, with potential selling value, players who fit the club and what we need and in positions we need.

We are getting players in who could have possibly earned more elsewhere, but WANT to come here.

No journeyman type signings (big thing for me)

The not on a match day, 12 noon, 3pm or 6pm announcements are oot the window….it can come out anytime.

Souttar - I liked Robbie’s comments about it will now take a higher offer to get him now due to injuries and he would serve us well till the end of the season.

Other teams fans disappointed to lose a player to us as they rated them - Everton and Barnsley fans in last couple of days.

Shiit has changed massively at Hearts and we can only get stronger/better.

Absolutely nae leaks, itk is dead - I used to get tidbits from a prominent ex employee on the coaching staff, which in hindsight was wrong and wrong for me posting it on here….that ship has sailed.

Its only positive and going to get better imo

This is the key bit for me - no longer signing foreign nobodies who haven’t heard of hearts 

3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I expect we're done with CBs for this window unless Halkett's injury is serious.

Aye, Gallagher is the type of player you'd put in the middle to stick his head on anything. Halk's position.

Although they had a good relationship at Livi. 

I think one more attacking addition and that'll be it.

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Aye, Gallagher is the type of player you'd put in the middle to stick his head on anything. Halk's position.

Don't want that convict anywhere near my club!

39 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I have zero words to convey how much I despise Perreria. Never a professional goalkeeper in a million years. 

Souttar and Halkett both looked like they had a shocker in that game. 

Every shot he managed to save seemed to be parried out to a more dangerous situation. Then there were the ones that would go straight through him or he was too slow to get down to. 

We were all over the place in some games then you got the odd few where you thought "maybe, just maybe, we can get out this ourselves" and COVID put an end to that. We really have came so far in a short space of time

But if Souttar goes then I'd say we are still a CB short given the injuries to Halkett, Smith and Kingsley this season. 

I also think we are missing another striker/wide player unless we give Henderson a chance.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Play 4 up front next time instead of 3?

We need fans to understand football finances and preferably ones that can see the blatantly obvious!

Strange response …. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Getting slightly dizzy with the strength of our squad now. There's zero deadwood and in summer we can focus on upgrades only - maybe to the likes of GMS, Stewart and Halliday - and replacing any loans who leave.

As I’ve said it can’t all be done in one window. 

Incremental improvements and marginal gains each window.

Just imagine how good summer window could be if we are guaranteed group stages in Europe - even in the shite league.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

26 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This is the key bit for me - no longer signing foreign nobodies who haven’t heard of hearts 

Aye, I’m sure Atkinson, Devlin, Simms, Baningime, Moore, Cochrane and Woodburn grew up in their respective homelands with their Hearts World TV subscriptions…

32 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Foreign nobodies as opposed to good Scottish or British lads aye?

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Foreign nobodies as opposed to good Scottish or British lads aye?

Or Australian. Or Congolese, of course.

3 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Sibbick qualifies for Uganda . just saying 🙂

Even then, he grew up in London, as much as we like to call ourselves the famous, I doubt he’d heard of us growing up. I didn’t include him in the list as he has played for us before so I would say he has heard of us. :wink:

What do folk think the situation is with the Japanese lad ?  Will we try a pre-contract for the summer ?   

This window has been damn good so far, though.   Credit to the board for financially  backing the recruitment targets.  For a change, our  usual optimism after a transfer window  actually feels justified this time. !!

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

There’s more answers than questions on jkb 

That's mainly down to a certain poster from Hamilton though!

Our squad is starting to remind me of Aberdeen around 2014-17. Really strong squad with strength in every position that is clearly better over the course of a season than the rest of the league but still a ways off the top. Steady progress 

3 hours ago, Four faces said:

Except the game in perth which was in the evening.

Even in the middle of winter in Perth, it's a stretch to describe 3pm as in the evening!  

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Our squad is starting to remind me of Aberdeen around 2014-17. Really strong squad with strength in every position that is clearly better over the course of a season than the rest of the league but still a ways off the top. Steady progress 

except Aberdeen didnt have Hibs Rangers and us to compete with 

8 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

What do folk think the situation is with the Japanese lad ?  Will we try a pre-contract for the summer ?   

This window has been damn good so far, though.   Credit to the board for financially  backing the recruitment targets.  For a change, our  usual optimism after a transfer window  actually feels justified this time. !!

Is the first paragraph about the same player? As Japanese seasons are over the course of a calendar year, so I don’t think we can do a pre-contract for the summer. Unless you’re asking if we are looking at pre-contract signings as well as the Japanese player?

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Is the first paragraph about the same player? As Japanese seasons are over the course of a calendar year, so I don’t think we can do a pre-contract for the summer. Unless you’re asking if we are looking at pre-contract signings as well as the Japanese player?

Ah - didn't know that. 👍    Come to think of it, I think Celtic's Japanese boys have all been signed for money anyway (mid-contract).    Hopefully Joe and his team are closing in on another forward player before Tuesday.   

Monday night on here will be the usual emotional coin-toss. :wattie:

goldiebackwash1985
23 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Ogashiwa contract expires 31st Jan 2024 and the J-League begins 18th Feb. Can't see Sapporo selling unless we pay over his market value [£495k] and it would have to be now so they can bring in a replacement.

1 hour ago, kila said:

We’ve got Sibbick at the back

Souttar’s a dirty rat

Thank God he played last night cause the rest were cack 🤣

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That's some jump taken from a post on a forum. 

It's often just folk slagging a hair cut with race nothing to do with it. 

McKay for one has had a few comments. 

Absolute a giant leap to make and one that does not need to be made. 

Actually quite offensive to make that leap Tbh. No need. 

You're obviously clueless on the subject. Fair enough. I used to be too, tbh. Anyway, it's not really a topic for this thread so I'll leave it here. Feel free to carry on if you wish! 

31 minutes ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Ogashiwa contract expires 31st Jan 2024 and the J-League begins 18th Feb. Can't see Sapporo selling unless we pay over his market value [£495k] and it would have to be now so they can bring in a replacement.

According to Wikipedia (!) the Japanese window is open till 29th March. We'd have to sign him by the end of our window (i.e. Monday night) for us to be able to play him for the rest of the season, but if we did sign him, they've then got almost two more months to sign a replacement, although obviously that goes beyond the start of their season. 

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Thing is, we don't really have anyone who can cover Halkett's position, especially if Souttar leaves. Moore doesn't seem to be trusted there either. I very much doubt we're in for Gallagher, but I wouldn't mind an experienced penalty box defender who's happy to sit on the bench most of the time.

I also wouldn't rule out moving for another defender if Souttar leaves. We did go for Branthwaite at the end of the last window after all, and that would have been on top of Souttar, Halkett and Moore.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Worth watching this which explains about Black people's hair and the problem they face.

Great video. 

Pasquale for King

The last window was pretty good, this one has been excellent too, also it’s harder to get quality in but we seem to have managed to do so. 
Well done all concerned and onwards and upwards. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Does anyone know how long a hanstring tear takes to mend?  If it's only a month or so, that's not too bad.

I think there’s grades, 1-3 depending on how bad. Hopefully Halkett was just feeling it and didn’t tear it. 

9E92C6E9-DC10-4911-878E-C3C6FC84A77C.jpeg