• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Are expecting any incomings before Saturday? Hopefully another defender even if souttar stays or goes

As Simms was first mentioned in the press on Tuesday night and signed yesterday, I feel we need a media link to someone or a strong surge in rumours surrounding one name today for anything to happen by the weekend. Which makes me think deadline day might be like the summer where we’re hoping someone will come but it will be 50/50 whether it happens or not. I hope we can more in though.

Rudi cant fail

I’m a little concerned that the majority of our signings are loans. Unless there is agreements in place to make them permanent. Robbie says at every transfer window that he doesn’t want to make wholesale changes and wants to come out of each window stronger than before we went in. If we continue to have several players on loan then we are always going to be making wholesale changes.

Here is a list of signings since Joe savage came in.

kastineer = Loan - useless

GMS = permanent - more bad games than good

Gnando = permanent - useless and gone within a year

mceneff = permanent - useful addition, not set the heather alight but may get better with a good run in the team.

shay Logan = loan - done a job and was never going to be long term

Ross Stewart = permanent - squad player, not good enough to be our number 2 but I get it’s hard to get decent keepers to be happy with being number 2

josh ginelley = permanent - squad player. His pace can be useful, personally I don’t think he’s good enough.

beni = permanent - brilliant, an excellent find and can’t speak highly enough of him

devlin = permanent - I like him, he’s tenacious and covers a lot of ground. He can be a bit of a headless chicken though and needs to be more confident when it comes to shooting.

woodburn = loan - full of promise but yet to show it on a regular basis

moore = loan - not had enough game time to fully assess. Think he might lack aggression required for a centre half

cochrane = loan - good player. Easy to forget he’s so young. Not good enough for premiership so we may have a chance to make him permanent. 

Barrie McKay = permanent - great player, very intelligent. Creates a lot of chances which is why he’s been brought in

Natty Aka = permanent -  early days but looks a good find.

simms = loan - too early to judge. Looked decent last night. 

Kingsley, smith, Gordon and halkett have also all agreed new deals which is good news. We gambled not offering souttar a deal sooner which I can understand but it has ultimately backfired. 

i agree that recruitment is now night and day from when levein was here and it’s early days with savage. I still feel that we could be doing a little better though. Other than beni I don’t think any of the signings we have made are that unrealistic for the third biggest team in Scotland to be making. I know we seem to be targeting a higher calibre if player, but based on the loan signings it could suggest that we are missing out on these targets and could be chasing lost causes.

again this could just be the start of the savage revolution and we may start to see more quality long term signings 

9 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This.

I have a hard enough time with baldy da's telling people to cut their hair at the best of times (freedom to express yourself and all that) but when it's a (presumably) white guy telling a black guy to cut his natural afro hair, it really makes me uncomfortable.

I don't want to play the R card but people saying things like that are rooted in prejudice and bigotry and I'm surprised the poster who originally said it didn't get pulled up more about it.

Similar thing happened when there was a bunch of rednecks in Arizona saying that the Cardinals QB Kyler Murray's hair (a natural afro) looked "unprofessional" or worse "homeless".

i think people are rightly getting wise to the fact that not everything said about anyone from a BAME background is racist.  If a black guy tells a white guy to cut his hair, it wouldn’t be taken as racist, more a comment on his hair so the same should apply vice versa.

Like I said, we’re starting to become more educated and evolved so just need to ignore the culture of everything being taken as racist.

2 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

I’m a little concerned that the majority of our signings are loans. Unless there is agreements in place to make them permanent. Robbie says at every transfer window that he doesn’t want to make wholesale changes and wants to come out of each window stronger than before we went in. If we continue to have several players on loan then we are always going to be making wholesale changes.

mceneff = permanent - useful addition, not set the heather alight but may get better with a good run in the team.

Ross Stewart = permanent - squad player, not good enough to be our number 2 but I get it’s hard to get decent keepers to be happy with being number 2

josh ginelley = permanent - squad player. His pace can be useful, personally I don’t think he’s good enough.

beni = permanent - brilliant, an excellent find and can’t speak highly enough of him

devlin = permanent - I like him, he’s tenacious and covers a lot of ground. He can be a bit of a headless chicken though and needs to be more confident when it comes to shooting.

moore = loan - not had enough game time to fully assess. Think he might lack aggression required for a centre half

cochrane = loan - good player. Easy to forget he’s so young. Not good enough for premiership so we may have a chance to make him permanent. 

Barrie McKay = permanent - great player, very intelligent. Creates a lot of chances which is why he’s been brought in

Kingsley, smith, Gordon and halkett have also all agreed new deals which is good news. We gambled not offering souttar a deal sooner which I can understand but it has ultimately backfired. 

i agree that recruitment is now night and day from when levein was here and it’s early days with savage. I still feel that we could be doing a little better though. Other than beni I don’t think any of the signings we have made are that unrealistic for the third biggest team in Scotland to be making. I know we seem to be targeting a higher calibre if player, but based on the loan signings it could suggest that we are missing out on these targets and could be chasing lost causes.

again this could just be the start of the savage revolution and we may start to see more quality long term signings 

I think there are a few benefits to the loan system, we had Ginnelly and Kastaneer on loan last season and decided we wanted to sign Ginnelly and let Kastaneer go home in the summer. It's good to have that flexibility imo

Currently we have these players with no strings attached come the summer:

Moore

Cochrane

Woodburn

Simms

Of those four, Woodburn and Cochrane are out of contract and it will be up to us if we want to keep them or not. Moore has a year left at Bristol but they should be pretty easy to deal with if we fancy keeping him too.

Simms on the other hand is a player rated highly at Everton who they'll want to keep, he's already mentioned being excited at the prospect of european football next season though which suggests that we could have him beyond the summer if all goes well.

jamboinglasgow

after the excitement of the last day and a half, its all gone dark again in the way of transfers. Hopefully we hear something very soon.

53 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

9 permanent out of 15 doesn't make the majority of our signings loans. 

Rudi cant fail
2 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

9 permanent out of 15 doesn't make the majority of our signings loans. 

Maybe not, but there are a lot of what would have been seen as key signings since the summer that are loans. Which will most likely need replaced in the summer

Just now, Rudi cant fail said:

Maybe not, but there are a lot of what would have been seen as key signings since the summer that are loans. Which will most likely need replaced in the summer

I think it’s more than maybe not.😄 

I take your point anyway but loans are a good way to fill a space when the player type you want isn’t available. 

Rudi cant fail
51 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I think there are a few benefits to the loan system, we had Ginnelly and Kastaneer on loan last season and decided we wanted to sign Ginnelly and let Kastaneer go home in the summer. It's good to have that flexibility imo

Currently we have these players with no strings attached come the summer:

Moore

Cochrane

Woodburn

Simms

Of those four, Woodburn and Cochrane are out of contract and it will be up to us if we want to keep them or not. Moore has a year left at Bristol but they should be pretty easy to deal with if we fancy keeping him too.

Simms on the other hand is a player rated highly at Everton who they'll want to keep, he's already mentioned being excited at the prospect of european football next season though which suggests that we could have him beyond the summer if all goes well.

I agree too, definitely benefits. I just don’t see any the players that are on loan at the moment being greatly missed if they don’t sign new deals which will mean they will need to be replaced. Unless they have really strong second half’s of the season. When we hear how much effort goes into trying to sign one player, it’s a lot of work to try and bring in 4.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cochrane could become a permanent. In this day and age some loan signings last longer than "permanent" signings. 

Not my preference, its modern football though and you need to exploit the conditions you work in to best effect. Currently we do. Sitting third and in good shape to keep the growth going. Nitpicking, fussy ballox to be honest, be happy.

Moore getting recalled? Just read this!

Halkett out with Smith, Souttar probably away in a couple days time. Looking very very light at the back. Massive games coming up that can change the season 

4 minutes ago, McNelly15 said:

Moore getting recalled? Just read this!

Halkett out with Smith, Souttar probably away in a couple days time. Looking very very light at the back. Massive games coming up that can change the season 

Where?

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

That could see us lose Walker, Ginelley, GMS & Woodburn in the space of 6 months.

Clearly, our standards are rising. What a time to be a jambo! :jambobanana:

Just now, McNelly15 said:

Bristol city 

Where have you seen this? Banderson saying he's getting recalled in our starting 11 due to injuries. 

8 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

A recall into the team I believe. 

Aye your correct. Read it wrong quickly on a break !

3 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Where have you seen this? Banderson saying he's getting recalled in our starting 11 due to injuries. 

Read it wrong quickly on a break 😅 

Taylor Moore will train at Riccarton on Thursday with a view to being involved against Motherwell on Saturday. “I expect Taylor back. He is training tomorrow so if Halks is struggling then he can come in,” added Neilson.

4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Taylor Moore will train at Riccarton on Thursday with a view to being involved against Motherwell on Saturday. “I expect Taylor back. He is training tomorrow so if Halks is struggling then he can come in,” added Neilson.

👍🏽

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

To be honest even if Halkett can make it back quickly he needs a rest. He's obviously not getting over whatever is bothering him.

Any news on what is actually bothering him ? Wasn't obvious last night.

Just now, Chillidigits said:

Any news on what is actually bothering him ? Wasn't obvious last night.

Looked like his hamstring yesterday. Not sure if it was just tight or went.

1 minute ago, Steak said:

From where I sit (Section T)...he looked a bit upset. Kinda got the feeling he thinks he's out for a while. Hope I'm wrong and my eyesight was failing me!

Voice of reason
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

From where I sit (Section T)...he looked a bit upset. Kinda got the feeling he thinks he's out for a while. Hope I'm wrong and my eyesight was failing me!

I was watching on Sky and Halkett’s reaction close-up was that of someone who knew or at least thought he was going to be out for quite a while. Looked a bit upset for sure. Didn’t look good.

Edited by Voice of reason

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Just make the move for Findlay. Knows the league, is a centre back rather than a right back or left back playing as a centre back and not doing well in the states. Such an obvious move. Get it done Hearts. 

Watched Findlay on that podcast with Halliday etc and he said even though he’s not playing much he’s loving it in the states and can’t see him coming back soon. He’s also on a fair wedge out there. 

12 hours ago, ericb said:

Thought GMS did well tonight 

Agreed, he looked like he wanted to get involved and had a bit of fight about him. His problem is consistency as he is mostly anonymous when he gets a start. If memory serves me  I think he was a sub at Parkhead and came on and had a good game also, although he did trip himself up while clean through on goal. 😂

5 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Watched Findlay on that podcast with Halliday etc and he said even though he’s not playing much he’s loving it in the states and can’t see him coming back soon. He’s also on a fair wedge out there. 

Never know until you try I suppose. He has a year left on his deal and the fact he’s not playing would suggest he isn’t getting another one. Another year of sitting on the bench and he’ll be lucky to get a club of our size interested in him. Tbh, we are probably not interested in him and given the guys we have brought in we could maybe do better than him. Though under the current circumstances he looks a good option to me. 

32 minutes ago, Steak said:

He's been carrying an ankle knock for a while and has been struggling with it. That's why he came off against st Johnstone aswell

6 minutes ago, bazman said:

He's been carrying an ankle knock for a while and has been struggling with it. That's why he came off against st Johnstone aswell

However on just reading Robbie's comments he says it's tight hammy so ignore me

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

after the excitement of the last day and a half, its all gone dark again in the way of transfers. Hopefully we hear something very soon.

If the resident ITKers are correct we should be seeing Ogashiwa very soon

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, Sertse said:

If the resident ITKers are correct we should be seeing Ogashiwa very soon

Hope so, though I am sceptical, as Scott Burns in daily record (who is normally spot on) seemed to say we have failed in getting players from Japan and South Korea.

:waiting:

I know I should’ve be impatient as we signed someone less than 24 hours ago. But it’s today, tomorrow and Monday for transfer business. (Unless they do a Boyce/Simms and announce just before the game on Saturday, which I doubt.

I’m not so much worried about signing, we just are running out of time and lack of reports / rumours means we’re looking at squeaky bum time come deadline day.

Is the deadline Monday or Tuesday?

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I know I should’ve be impatient as we signed someone less than 24 hours ago. But it’s today, tomorrow and Monday for transfer business. (Unless they do a Boyce/Simms and announce just before the game on Saturday, which I doubt.

I’m not so much worried about signing, we just are running out of time and lack of reports / rumours means we’re looking at squeaky bum time come deadline day.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Surely the not on a match day theory has been thoroughly debunked after yesterdays fantastic transfer manoeuvres?

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Surely the not on a match day theory has been thoroughly debunked after yesterdays fantastic transfer manoeuvres?

yup, and there is nothing stopping us making a signing at the weekend either.

53 minutes ago, bazman said:

However on just reading Robbie's comments he says it's tight hammy so ignore me

Yet was holding his leg just above the knee ?

3 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

We need a Hartley/Cameron type player ASAP. Only CAM we currently have is McEneff.

Reckon Hartley would come out of retirement? 

We probably need some cover at the back as well with injuries. Halkett will be a huge loss for us, Moore just isn't as aggressive or good in the air. I reckon Simms will do well and he played well last night when he came on, considering he probably didn't know half his team mates names. 

The boy from Swansea would be good. 

12 minutes ago, Roman1874 said:

We need a Hartley/Cameron type player ASAP. Only CAM we currently have is McEneff.

Reckon Hartley would come out of retirement? 

He’s fat as **** these days but I’d still fancy him to bury a couple at the shitehole next Tuesday.

20 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Yet was holding his leg just above the knee ?

Your hamstring runs from the back of knee/top of calf up to hip

37 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Is the deadline Monday or Tuesday?

11pm or midnight Monday

37 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I wouldn’t say debunked. Different rules come into play by the end of the window. Teams tend to use the match day to showcase the club, signings happen the following days. I’ve never said they don’t happen, just that they rarely do. So I’m not expecting lightning to strike twice in one window (although I’d love it to).

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal