** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

14 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Not panicking myself but defo not good signs with Mackay struggling towards the end, looked like he tweaked his groin. Halkett going down with no-one near him and Smith too. Another winger and CB wouldn't hurt 🤞

I’m not going to say no, and I too want more signings, but I wouldn’t settle for panicked signings in reaction

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not going to say no, and I too want more signings, but I wouldn’t settle for panicked signings in reaction

Agree hopefully we've already been working on a CB anyway and hope the Japanese boy is still a possibility...

number witheld
33 minutes ago, OTT said:

Like this. :D 

Hopefully we get that Braithewaite lad on loan. Sounds a real player. 

Ideally he comes in for Kinglsey who goes to LWB and Moore comes in for Souttar (unless we do sell ofc)

Being lazy and can’t trawl back thru, but which braithwaite lad? Missed this. 

Just now, WDJ87 said:

Agree hopefully we've already been working on a CB anyway and hope the Japanese boy is still a possibility...

I’m hoping someone was in attendance tonight taking in the atmosphere and seeing that we can get teams like Celtic on the ropes

Phil D. Corners
12 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Souttar was outstanding tonight. Savage should be on the blower immediately tell Rangers mkII that Souttar is no longer available this window.

would wait to see how Halket and Smith are before selling. :eek1:

2 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Being lazy and can’t trawl back thru, but which braithwaite lad? Missed this. 

Jarrad Branthwaite, Everton CB. Doubtful imo but has been mentioned on here a few times

number witheld
9 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Jarrad Branthwaite, Everton CB. Doubtful imo but has been mentioned on here a few times

Thanks for info 

8 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Gino and GMS 2 I’d be punting in the summer

Reluctantly agree. GMS just doesn’t offer enough. 

Gino is all speed. Very little actual quality IMO. A player like Milinkovic would be perfect. Aggressive attacker with an eye for goal. 

9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Gino showed some qualities last week but he is not a starter. GMS is on borrowed time 

10 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Gino is only good if he gets in a foot race against last defender. I’d like to think that with someone to win a header and knock the ball on he could get into those positions a bit more. 

jamboinglasgow
25 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Question is, IF we’re going to sign anyone else, will it be this week or deadline day? No cheeky evening rumours tonight?

I predict one on Friday and one on Monday.

Pasquale for King

We could be doing with a CB I think with injuries to Smith and Halkett with the Souttar situation unresolved also.

Or recall Popescu 😱🤔🤪🔫.

50 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Gino showed some qualities last week but he is not a starter. GMS is on borrowed time 

I said on the Motherwell thread 2 up front may allow Mackay-Steven better opportunities.

Changes the whole dynamic of the team. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Hansel said:

Everton fans on fb disappointed he isnt staying with them this season

Guy looks good, not having a manager or any other people apart from big Dunc making decisions maybe helped. 

19 minutes ago, ericb said:

Thought GMS did well tonight 

He did look up for it tonight, but those time are too few and we must have trier’s 

Arthur Morgan
48 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We surely must be looking at Reagan Charles Cook on one of yon pre contracts 🤔?!?!

We should be, I really rate him. 

PhoenixHearts
6 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Welcome Simms!

Anyone telling him to cut his hair GTF. His hair is perfect.

This.

I have a hard enough time with baldy da's telling people to cut their hair at the best of times (freedom to express yourself and all that) but when it's a (presumably) white guy telling a black guy to cut his natural afro hair, it really makes me uncomfortable.

I don't want to play the R card but people saying things like that are rooted in prejudice and bigotry and I'm surprised the poster who originally said it didn't get pulled up more about it.

Similar thing happened when there was a bunch of rednecks in Arizona saying that the Cardinals QB Kyler Murray's hair (a natural afro) looked "unprofessional" or worse "homeless".

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We should be, I really rate him. 

Playing out his skin for that rubbish, 9 goals and probably the same amount of assists. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This.

I have a hard enough time with baldy da's telling people to cut their hair at the best of times (freedom to express yourself and all that) but when it's a (presumably) white guy telling a black guy to cut his natural afro hair, it really makes me uncomfortable.

I don't want to play the R card but people saying things like that are rooted in prejudice and bigotry and I'm surprised the poster who originally said it didn't get pulled up more about it.

Similar thing happened when there was a bunch of rednecks in Arizona saying that the Cardinals QB Kyler Murray's hair (a natural afro) looked "unprofessional" or worse "homeless".

Definitely. 

4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Is Jimmy Dunne getting a game these days? 😁

Playing regularly for QPR who are going well in the championship so that's a non starter.

SomethingAboutObua
6 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This.

Agree and very surprised this is the first post commenting on it  

25 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Playing regularly for QPR who are going well in the championship so that's a non starter.

Was wondering why people have not suggested signing him. 🤣

Sign a centre back now. Don't mind if it's a long or short term deal at this stage. We just need someone in.

Extend Haring's contract. Can't understand why we're dragging our feet there. He clearly has a role to play.

I'm sure we also have big plans for the summer. We have four loanees to replace (or extend), and we need upgrades for Halliday, GMS and possibly Gino.

Hoping the Braithwaite rumours quoted earlier in this thread are true as we are currently goosed in the centre, even then one CB is not enough imo. Gen thought Souttar would be away by the end of this week, now not so much. 

A centre half now has to be our priority.

Halkett and Smith have been toiling for weeks and with Moore injured we're down to the absolute bare bones now. 

We probably need to keep Souttar till the end of the season as well now.

Just make the move for Findlay. Knows the league, is a centre back rather than a right back or left back playing as a centre back and not doing well in the states. Such an obvious move. Get it done Hearts. 

To be honest even if Halkett can make it back quickly he needs a rest. He's obviously not getting over whatever is bothering him.

14 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

A centre half now has to be our priority.

Halkett and Smith have been toiling for weeks and with Moore injured we're down to the absolute bare bones now. 

We probably need to keep Souttar till the end of the season as well now.

Agreed, we have to get another body in there as soon as possible. We can make do elsewhere, even if it means keeping the likes of Henderson at the club for the rest of the season.

HEARTS FOREVER
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just make the move for Findlay. Knows the league, is a centre back rather than a right back or left back playing as a centre back and not doing well in the states. Such an obvious move. Get it done Hearts. 

Would defo make sense

16 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Agree.

Ginelly is very inconsistent, it's a bit of a worry. Starting to wonder if he's going to be in our plans beyond his contract. GMS needs emptied.

8 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This.

Absolutely 👍🏻

I have long hair and a beard and frequently get comments from badly dah's about haircuts, shaves, even a wash once. Was taken aback by that last one because I actually put a decent amount of effort into looking after my hair and beard, but these dah's are just no right. And if I could grow a fro like oor Ellis, you can bet your arse I'd be doing it!! 😂

The Wrinkly Ninja
33 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

To be honest even if Halkett can make it back quickly he needs a rest. He's obviously not getting over whatever is bothering him.

Seems like he struggles at some point during most games getting up from a challenge holding his stomach, back or side area and trying to stretch out whatever is going on.

May not all be connected and might be little individual knocks though.

24 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Ginelly is very inconsistent, it's a bit of a worry. Starting to wonder if he's going to be in our plans beyond his contract. GMS needs emptied.

That could see us lose Walker, Ginelley, GMS & Woodburn in the space of 6 months.

As I say, now is not the time to panic. Let’s see what the extent of the injuries are and act accordingly. Even if there are injuries and there’s a need for unplanned signings, I’m sure Savage & co will still find better than Findlay.

9 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This.

You can't get offended by hair style comments whilst being comfortable using "baldy da" in regular speech. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

That could see us lose Walker, Ginelley, GMS & Woodburn in the space of 6 months.

As long as we get improvements I'm not overly worried. I like Ginelly, I think he has a good attitude and all but when it comes down to it if he's not good enough then he's not good enough. No room for sentiment in football.

Ginnelly will have games where he plays well, and games where he doesn’t. Just like any old fashioned winger. (Look at McKay’s performance last night) But he’s more than capable of putting teams like St. Johnstone to the sword, so is good enough for our league. Just maybe needs to be an impact sub for the bigger games rather than the relied upon starter. His greatest benefit is pace, this it utilised far better against tired defences. No one was talking about punting him after the last few games, only now after last night when our tactical approach was ‘let Celtic have the ball and break on the counter attack (whoops, I forgot they might score with 5 seconds to decide what to do on the ball)’. I wouldn’t be punting him yet.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

1 hour ago, Beave1874 said:

Hoping the Braithwaite rumours quoted earlier in this thread are true as we are currently goosed in the centre, even then one CB is not enough imo. Gen thought Souttar would be away by the end of this week, now not so much. 

It wasn't true but maybe with these injuries who knows

Edited by the general

Brick Tamland
9 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

This.

You have just played the race card though! Countless players have had their haircuts slagged off, Barrie McKay being the most recent, but to say that because Simms is black, having an opinion on his hair is rooted in prejudice and bigotry is ludicrous. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal