** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

36 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I appreciate that's a concern, and undoubtedly it would be great to get another striker in, but the guy I was replying to was basically saying we can't get third with those players, which is clearly nonsense. 

Agreed, if they stay fit

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

37 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I appreciate that's a concern, and undoubtedly it would be great to get another striker in, but the guy I was replying to was basically saying we can't get third with those players, which is clearly nonsense. 

When? :lol: I never even implied that nevermind said it. 

57 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Igor Rossi will be a team mate 

Was just thinking how I missed big Igor. Could do a job.

LarrysRightFoot

I just checked our top scorers this season. 

In all competitions Boyce has 11 followed by Kingsley and GMS with 4. 

I know I’m a broken record but we need more goal scorers.  

Absolute Scenes
13 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

You haven’t mentioned it

14 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

We will sign players. 

40 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

When? :lol: I never even implied that nevermind said it. 

Unless Muppetboy is a second account of yours, I never suggested you did!

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

You make it sounds like those stats are a problem. A feature of Neilson teams has always been goals spread around the team, and playing 3 forwards will make that inevitable. I bet if we look at goals scored for all forwards we might still be 3rd top scorers or better in terms of goals scored by our forwards. 11+4+3+3? 

We've still only scored 2 less than Rangers in the league, and are 3rd top scorers. Boyce is 3rd= top scorer just two behind Morales in the league. No idea overall. Kingsley is 6th= overall 🤣 It's still only halfway but I agree Kingsley is unlikely to keep scoring but hopefully Woodburn, Ginnelly and co will. We do need another striker I agree, but our stats are fine. We just need more options.

Edited by ToqueJambo

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You make it sounds like those stats are a problem. A feature of Neilson teams has always been goals spread around the team, and playing 3 forwards will make that inevitable. I bet if we look at goals scored for all forwards we might still be 3rd top scorers or better in terms of goals scored by our forwards. 11+4+3+3? 

We've still only scored 2 less than Rangers in the league, and are 3rd top scorers. Boyce is 3rd= top scorer just two behind Morales in the league. No idea overall. Kingsley is 6th= overall 🤣 It's still only halfway but I agree Kingsley is unlikely to keep scoring but hopefully Woodburn, Ginnelly and co will. We do need another striker I agree.

At least one of your goals stats are slightly off but at the end of the day we’re still the third best goal scorers and third best goals against which right now makes us the best of the rest. We really can’t ask for much more in this $#!tty duopoly of a league. 

We've still only scored 2 less than Rangers in the league, and are 3rd top scorers. Boyce is 3rd= top scorer just two behind Morales in the league. No idea overall. Kingsley is 6th= overall 🤣 It's still only halfway but I agree Kingsley is unlikely to keep scoring but hopefully Woodburn, Ginnelly and co will. We do need another striker I agree, but our stats are fine. We just need more options.

Shows how close we are to them. Just missing more goals and pace in the team. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

At least one of your goals stats are slightly off but at the end of the day we’re still the third best goal scorers and third best goals against which right now makes us the best of the rest. We really can’t ask for much more in this $#!tty duopoly of a league. 

Probably. Just going by this - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/top-scorers

Edit: But must have looked at home goals only. We're well behind the OF but ahead of the rest

Edited by ToqueJambo

AlphonseCapone

We definitely need a striker or two but this whole goals chat doesn't fit with the facts, we're the 3rd top scorers in the league. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:lol: fair enough mate.

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll completely misquote you over something soon enough and you won't have to go to the effort of complaining as you've got it covered already!  :D

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, true-jambo said:

I thought he played quite well on Tuesday. That is until he had to play in the middle, and came up against Chris Kane and he lost out in the air and struggled with the physicality.

He has always been a good footballer, but never a dominating CH.

Champions League strikers will make life very difficult for him

Agreed 👍🏽

2 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Thanks Big O - saved me typing all that out in reply 😄

Welcome

Im defending this lady's honour. Which is a damn sight more than she's ever done.

2 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

We definitely need a striker or two but this whole goals chat doesn't fit with the facts, we're the 3rd top scorers in the league. 

To be fair, if we'd managed to get our hands on a top (by SPFL standards) striker in the summer, we'd possibly be higher than 3rd, both in terms of scoring and league position! 

5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

To be fair, if we'd managed to get our hands on a top (by SPFL standards) striker in the summer, we'd possibly be higher than 3rd, both in terms of scoring and league position! 

Indeed. you can make a case for almost every draw we’ve had being a win if we had a semi lethal striker. Certainly the home draws where we were pretty wasteful with quite a lot of attempts at goal

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

We'd probably be right on Celtic's coat tails tbh so agree getting a good goalscorer in is important, just think we need to give some credit to how good the rest of the team have been at chipping in. 

LarrysRightFoot
18 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Or you could be looking through the wrong end of the telescope 

(I don’t mean this as harsh as it probably comes across) 

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Maybe. On the flip side, as forwards do more than score goals, we don't know for sure if we'd have played as well with another striker instead of Boyce, who has been an integral part of a great start to the season. We have needed someone off the bench to score though. Only Walker looked like doing that - still scunnered we let him go.

Edited by ToqueJambo

LarrysRightFoot

Maybe. On the flip side, as forwards do more than score goals, we don't know for sure if we'd have played as well with another striker instead of Boyce, who has been an integral part of a great start to the season

I’d like our forwards to do it all, score and create.

I get we are 3rd top scorers but - I don’t know this for definite- it feels like this has been a really low scoring league season so far. I mean Tony Watt is top scorer with 9 goals after 21 games! 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

I think we will be lucky  to see anymore coming in this window.Think Henderson will be used to replace Nando and with talk of converting Gino into a number 9 doesn’t sound like it’s going well.I think we’ve been knocked back by our prime targets and are struggling now.

Edited by Agentjambo

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

I think we will be lucky  to see anymore coming in this window.Think Henderson will be used to replace Nando and with talk of converting Gino into a number 9 doesn’t sound like it’s going well.I think we’ve been knocked back by our prime targets and are struggling now.

Henderson will be gone back to Alloa by the time the window shuts. 

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Not if we don't get someone in.

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

If we can get a replacement.Which is way off.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Aye, we're struggling. 

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Henderson being recalled suggests that. To be fair the way we play now seems tailor-made for a fast wee wing-forward wth an eye for goal (if he now has that). if we do get someone in we'll know he's a player though. I don't think they'll panic buy.

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, we're struggling. 

Robbie didn’t sound like he knows what’s going on when talking about loosing Nando.

"We were always going to recruit in that department anyway." he said. "It just means we will probably need to speed it up.

"But the key thing is always to make sure we get the right player. If that takes a bit longer, then it takes longer."

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, we're struggling. 

We look by a distance the 3rd best team in the league but we need to strengthen from a position of strength but only if the player is going to add Quality which is notoriously difficult in the January window 

Edited by Kyle1874

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Robbie didn’t sound like he knows what’s going on when talking about loosing Nando.

"We were always going to recruit in that department anyway." he said. "It just means we will probably need to speed it up.

"But the key thing is always to make sure we get the right player. If that takes a bit longer, then it takes longer."

Suggests he's surprised there was quick interest in Gnando as we all are 🤣

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Suggests he's surprised there was quick interest in Gnando as we all are 🤣

Sounds like we’ve had knock backs and have to go to plan B which maybe playing Gino at number 9 and keeping Henderson.

Is it possible that we are waiting to see if Rangers offer us cash for Souttar before deciding on which striker we go for? I am confident the club have several options.

With Gnanduillet hopefully going we might well sign two anyway, as per Robbie's comments about adding a striker and replacing any players that leave.

For me the 5 subs rule might tip the balance towards keeping Henderson as extra cover, especially given Boyce's recent injury record. We might need him.

Would be happy with Shankland signing in the summer. Robbie clearly rates him. Levein didn't. Should have come to Hearts when he went to United.

And finally, Barrie MacKay doesn't need a goal as everyone keeps saying. Quite happy for him to keep creating chances as that's his game. Just because we are short of strikers we shouldn't be measuring wingers on their goalscoring record.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Agentjambo said:

Sounds like we’ve had knock backs and have to go to plan B which maybe playing Gino at number 9 and keeping Henderson.

All of this is moot when Boyce is fit again, which looks like soon. I'm pretty sure we're not looking to replace Boyce in January just find someone who can challenge him and come off the bench and make a difference to a greater extent than Gnando did.

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Sounds like Gnando wasn't in his plans for the rest of the season, and since he is leaving it's stepped up in urgency, but, if we can't get the right player now, we'll get one in the summer. 

At least we now have the option of Henderson.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

All of this is moot when Boyce is fit again, which looks like soon. I'm pretty sure we're not looking to replace Boyce in January just find someone who can challenge him and come off the bench and make a difference to a greater extent than Gnando did.

Like Henderson.

26 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Ye of little faith.

1 minute ago, Getintaethem said:

The fact that Henderson couldn’t get ten minutes when we’re 2-0 up to the bottom of the league tells a story.

Neither could Atkinson...what's that story?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Like Henderson.

Henderson is more cover for across the forward line for me. We'll have brought him back as a precaution in case we need cover for the run in. He's shown some flashes, but this formation should be tailor-made for him from what I've seen of him.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

The fact that Henderson couldn’t get ten minutes when we’re 2-0 up to the bottom of the league tells a story.

It was game management with 10 to go, hence Halliday's introduction.

1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Neither could Atkinson...what's that story?

Atkinson has just arrived from Australia, and the guy playing in his position is fit.  We had five subs to make but didn’t put Henderson on, that suggests to me he’ll struggle to get into the team.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Getintaethem said:

Atkinson has just arrived from Australia, and the guy playing in his position is fit.  We had five subs to make but didn’t put Henderson on, that suggests to me he’ll struggle to get into the team.

Ginnelly was on a hatrick. Not sure what the point of subbing him would be if we need him confident and scoring.

The White Cockade
Just now, Getintaethem said:

Yeah I thought that 

but of a strange one especially when they put Mcaneff up there

7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Two windows prioritising a striker and not managing to sign one is a bit of a concern.

Maybe because we want the right one, not anyone? 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

Yeah I thought that 

but of a strange one especially when they put Mcaneff up there

We could also have brought Boyce on. If he was on the bench he could surely have managed 10 mins. Think it was game management at that stage and McEneff is more of a runner than Boyce and is a bit more physical than Henderson.

4 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

We were 2-0 up. Would bringing on a striker be a priority?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal