** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You are absolutely fantastic at what you do. 

Folk including myself talking about Mckays contract mad me think about Bob.

If we finish third and are in Europe, everyone of our players will be getting more attention as will our manager.

Still a bit to go yet before that happens tho, we could crash and burn, finish 6th and everyone oot by May.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

ooft....

It just cannae happen again....

Even if it did he wouldn’t be gone. Losing 3rd from an 8 point lead though ? That’s a whole other matter.

He won’t do either IMO.

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Or if he does leave we get decent compo 

Nah be his contract £150k give or take.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Even if it did he wouldn’t be gone. Losing 3rd from an 8 point lead though ? That’s a whole other matter.

He won’t do either IMO.

The cups give me the fear tbh.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nah he’s alright. He’ll likely deny it but he gets half the board biting at times and revels in the backlash. Most folk would’ve packed JKB in years ago with the abuse he gets. 

What abuse- the ignore function is great.

Everyone loves me.

I've even met new Hearts friends through JKB and got a ticket for ER for the first time in about 15 years thanks to @Wee Mikey

JKB- making connections and spreading love.

👍

3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Sorry but that’s shite. What’s the point of having a whole player recruitment department with a glaring goal scoring issue to resolve in a key period for us. An issue they have known about since they were brought in. And NOT being able to find a player who, at the very least, can do a job on loan for the remainder of the season.

They've probably found umpteen players who we've enquired about and made offers for but for one reason or another we've not managed to get a deal done. 

Joe Savage and his team will be working tirelessly to find the right players.

12 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Which brings me back to my original point of the whole department we now have who's task is to find good players who are affordable and available. It’s not difficult to grasp what the purpose of that department is and we have had weeks if not months to at least have a short list

I get what you’re saying, but finding the right player - especially a striker - is difficult at the best of times. Never mind January. There are hundreds of strikers out there, if it was possible to just go out and buy/loan the right one then every team in the league would have done it. But every team has varying degrees of success when it comes to strikers (and players in general).

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It’s easier when you accept that RN doesn’t really have the cup winning DNA. There will always be a game in a cup run that you know fine is tripping him up. Winning a cup under RN would be a very welcome surprise but I just don’t see it.

Off topic though so probably best left there.

MarkDevriesScores4
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s easier when you accept that RN doesn’t really have the cup winning DNA.

0AE7611D-04A5-4760-9191-36C273593D32.jpeg

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I get what you’re saying, but finding the right player - especially a striker - is difficult at the best of times. Never mind January. There are hundreds of strikers out there, if it was possible to just go out and buy/loan the right one then every team in the league would have done it. But every team has varying degrees of success when it comes to strikers (and players in general).

Yep. It’s one of those things you sometimes have to throw numbers at and hope one of them works, especially in January it’s hard, but we have 3 guys working full time on this and I expect before the window closes, they will have someone in who most folk say ‘ yep, he’s a great looking signing’ 

7 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Robert Berić still club-less.. just saying like

He'd do.

Unfortunately he was Chicago Fire's DP last year on about $40k pw. Absolutely nae chance. 

Edited by Batistuta87

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

And as a manager ? Anything photo wise that could be used I wonder ?

He’s 41 and been managing for under 8 years. Anyway, apologies, off topic 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He'd do.

Unfortunately he was Chicago Fire's DP last year on about $40k pw. Absolutely nae chance. 

They've replaced him at Chicago so he will be leaving but as you say unlikely

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

A penalty kick away from a cup win 2 years ago. Beat Hibs in a semi. 

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Yep. It’s one of those things you sometimes have to throw numbers at and hope one of them works, especially in January it’s hard, but we have 3 guys working full time on this and I expect before the window closes, they will have someone in who most folk say ‘ yep, he’s a great looking signing’ 

I’m sure they’ve said that with 25/50 guys. Problem is working out how viable the signings are and then if they are working out fees or getting the player to agree terms via their agents. Even then they may pick another club. A lot of ifs, buts and maybes. We may, for example, be looking to loan a player but their parent club won’t let them go due to a congested fixture list or looking to sign someone else first.

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He'd do.

:oldsad:

28 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Which brings me back to my original point of the whole department we now have who's task is to find good players who are affordable and available. It’s not difficult to grasp what the purpose of that department is and we have had weeks if not months to at least have a short list

Yes but you can't make players sign for you ! Most think , reasonably , that we are aiming as high as we can . Obviously this makes it more difficult to get who we want .

Again , you don't seem able to grasp this .

Just now, Rudolf said:

A penalty kick away from a cup win 2 years ago. Beat Hibs in a semi. 

His No1 fan boy introduced him to this thread, and I’ve fallen into the trap. let’s talk transfers

4 minutes ago, bazman said:

They've replaced him at Chicago so he will be leaving but as you say unlikely

Aye he has left - he's a free agent now, but aye he should walk into another MLS team and will likely still get good money. 

26 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Robert Berić still club-less.. just saying like

Right problem sorted!!!!!!!

We can dream on a 6 month contract to get him an EPL gig I guess

But then again i dont think he fits the signing strategy lol

4 minutes ago, CAR said:

Right problem sorted!!!!!!!

We can dream on a 6 month contract to get him an EPL gig I guess

But then again i dont think he fits the signing strategy lol

👍

7 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Issue is, mate, that's easy to say, but the difficulty is straight up finding the guys to spend that dosh on.  I think we're probably in a position to splash a bit of cash, but I'd think finding and then securing the guys is the tough part.  If we spend £500k on a player it HAS to be right.

Could be we're a bit rock and a hard place in this window.

Other factor which just popped to mind is I wonder if we're basically upping the quality we're looking for, and have a bit more dosh, and also looking a bit further afield at times, if that puts us into a harder market.  Whereas our competition was maybe Hibs, Aberdeen and maybe L1 and even L2 teams down south.  Are we now up against teams who can easily blow us out the water if they chose to cos we're simply going for guys good enough for a higher level?  Hard job, but that's the deal if we want to improve and we've not got a really dedicated professional team working on it, with a plan.  Was just a thought more than a concern.

I think your last paragraph is very much the case. 

34 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Three championship cups as a manager - he has won more cups with Hearts than nearly any other Hearts employee in last 40 years. 

I have no knowledge, but I wonder if we’re setting up to take shankland in the summer. 

Wonder if that’s why we’re dragging our heels with a striker, unless a pearler becomes available. Will be a loan till end of season.

Shankland is a goal box predator and would easy tuck away 15-20 a season the way we’re playing

6 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Don’t want to be sitting here at the end of the season having blown 3rd and bemoaning this whole transfer situation. It’s there for the taking but not with Boyce and a mixture of wood burn and ginelly at centre forward occasionally 

Hard to see how not, given that we were 8 points better than Motherwell, 10 better than hibs and 11 better than Aberdeen over the first 21 games with those players. There are no guarantees obviously, but I don't see how we're so certain to be so significantly worse over the remaining 17 games, relative to them, that we can't possibly hold onto 3rd with the squad we have. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s easier when you accept that RN doesn’t really have the cup winning DNA. There will always be a game in a cup run that you know fine is tripping him up. Winning a cup under RN would be a very welcome surprise but I just don’t see it.

Off topic though so probably best left there.

Would have been better not posting it period. But when you crave attention?

11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Martin Boyle's away so that'll be Hibs season over considering they're absolutely useless without him 👍🏻

B596FEF4-E128-451A-B1A5-5816EC28ACA8.gif.e014b7cad637f9340845497e4a7b4b58.gif

5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Respectfully agree

Totally disagree.  Sorry, but this is shite.  That's what's shite.  This!  (sorry that's a bit OTT, but I disagree).

Where is the glaring goalscoring issue?  We're averaging 1.5 goals a game in the league.  Take a look at London Hearts.  That's above our history average.  Quick glance, we've averaged above that twice in the last 20 years in the top division (happy to be corrected, not a stats guy)

There's nothing glaring about that.  It's like folk are saying we would have scored those goals if we hadn't scored them!  Same as, if it wasn't for our goalie, we'd have lost more!  I saw someone on here saying our first goal was "lucky" on Tuesday cos St Johnstone left Gino space!!!!

We're doing absolutely fine.  And much of that without Boycie too.  There was also no Woodburn on Tues.  Natty yet to get his boots on too.

No one on here will say they don't want another forward or two, but to paint it like some kind of crisis is just a bit shouting at the moon for my liking!

That isn't all aimed at you Jimmy, just seen a helluva lot of folk gnashing teeth.  I doubt Joe and his team are sitting having cocktails thinking, ach it's awright, we're averaging 1.5 goals a game, like!  They're working very hard trying to find and convince the right guys.  Summer will be easier.

They could bring in the next Dauda, or Ngog or McCallum or any of these guys, easy peasy.  Me?  Don't want them.  We've got a great group who obviously work so hard for one another.  Need to be sure anyone who comes in instantly buys in to that too.

Thanks Big O - saved me typing all that out in reply 😄

46 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Hard to see how not, given that we were 8 points better than Motherwell, 10 better than hibs and 11 better than Aberdeen over the first 21 games with those players. There are no guarantees obviously, but I don't see how we're so certain to be so significantly worse over the remaining 17 games, relative to them, that we can't possibly hold onto 3rd with the squad we have. 

The concern is if we were to lose one or two of those three to injury we would be in trouble and Boyce hasn’t been fully fit for weeks it seems 

Italian Lambretta
20 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Martin Boyle's away so that'll be Hibs season over considering they're absolutely useless without him 👍🏻

Ron the con just pocketed a tidy sum into his off shore account.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Yep, in an ideal world I’m sure we would. Quite excited to see who’ll come in. 

Likewise! Such an important position.

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Dont forget the days when Billie Piper filled the transfer  threads.

Is he still available? Could do a turn until the summer window.

32 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Away away, or just away?

As in sold, or just off on international duty for a bit?

1 minute ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Away away, or just away?

As in sold, or just off on international duty for a bit?

Being sold to a Saudi team (who play in maroon). 3 million. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We’ll they would wouldn’t they. History and all.

1 minute ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Igor Rossi will be a team mate 

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The concern is if we were to lose one or two of those three to injury we would be in trouble and Boyce hasn’t been fully fit for weeks it seems 

I appreciate that's a concern, and undoubtedly it would be great to get another striker in, but the guy I was replying to was basically saying we can't get third with those players, which is clearly nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Pleasing, as long as Ron pockets most or all of the cash!

Marco Tilio who I have suggested Hearts have a look at along with Connor Metcalfe, is about to be called up to the senior Aussie team for the first time.

Was impressive  at the Olympics and scored a cracker in the League recently.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal