** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Absolute Scenes

Hope we are keeping an eye on Charles Cook at County. 8 league goals this season and had another brilliant game tonight. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Tennant's 6's said:

Yeah, not now, but in the summer for sure. Oretty sure halliday contract is up at the end if the season anyway. 

Would much rather some of the younger players filling out the squad next season instead of average older players like those two. 

yeah we need young guys

blooded in I think. Think this season should cementing European football and then getting young guys involved 

25 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Hope we are keeping an eye on Charles Cook at County. 8 league goals this season and had another brilliant game tonight. 

Only thing I would say about that one would be to be cautious of consistency. I thought County signed him last summer, but they actually signed him two summers ago. I only recall him being decent this season (granted my watching of the top league dropped a lot as we weren’t in it) don’t really remember him from last season. He also turns 25 next season and seems to have only one properly good season at a decent level under his belt. Now, this season could be the result of him finally getting consistent game time and maybe he’s one who’s on the rise so would be a brilliant free transfer. But what if he’s just having an odd good season? We’ve had plenty of players on our books in the past that have fallen under that category.

10 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Charles-cook? Seems a player

I was about to say this too. Watching the highlights and he's a handful. Would offer us more than GMS that's for sure. Can't see him being too expensive either

15 hours ago, Sertse said:

As far as I'm aware Scandinavia refers to the geographical region, Finland is sometimes included in this. Estonia strictly speaking is not Scandinavian because it's in the Baltic region, however culturally they are similar to other Scandinavian countries and different from other Baltic countries.

I'm not sure there's a hard and fast definition, but the fellow I knew from Finland and the guy I knew who did field work in Latvia told me Finland wasn't Scandinavian, it was Baltic, along with Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.

1 hour ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Cant understand why hearts tv didn't ask for update on players coming in. Really poor

What did savage actually say?

1 hour ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Probably told not to ask. Quite annoying, but kinda understandable.

We definitely need a striker, and a box-box midfielder who likes a strike at goal.

And to hopefully get rid of GMS & halliday who're not good enough for us if we want to keep on improving. 

Bang on the money, totally agree.

56 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

If we can get a striker who’s on the same wavelength as McKay we’ll be in for a treat 

Gino did no bad tonight tbf but defo agree. Hawk-eye McKay's passing tonight was a pleasure to watch 😍

jamboinglasgow

I reckon we may have a new signing by our next match. Based on no inside knowledge, just a feeling.

Though with Gnanduillet not in the squad, was there any reason given? Maybe I am reading too much into it but could it be he is sealing his move down south allowing us to get someone in as he moves out.

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I reckon we may have a new signing by our next match. Based on no inside knowledge, just a feeling.

Though with Gnanduillet not in the squad, was there any reason given? Maybe I am reading too much into it but could it be he is sealing his move down south allowing us to get someone in as he moves out.

I reckon he has a club to go to already but we won't let him until we get at least 1 forward in. Not itk just my feeling

6 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Forgot he was even a part of the team when I looked at the lineup

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Considering there was 9 subs and no gnando on the bench. Must be off

8 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Neilson said two injured and two with covid. Assume Woodburn covid and Beni still injured. Guessing Gnando is one of the either injured or covid nit accounted for.  Struggling to think who else would have even been in the squad. 

19 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Neilson said two injured and two with covid. Assume Woodburn covid and Beni still injured. Guessing Gnando is one of the either injured or covid nit accounted for.  Struggling to think who else would have even been in the squad. 

Cammy Logan is the only name I can think of that wasn't in the squad

Heard tonight a bid had been accepted for Gnanduillet and he was away discussing terms. Should be in the papers next day or two 

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Heard tonight a bid had been accepted for Gnanduillet and he was away discussing terms. Should be in the papers next day or two 

Happy days

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Fingers crossed. Best for both parties to break ties IMO.

Centre half and striker required - Halkett cleary needs some time out to heal, Souttar could be gone very shortly, would leave us very short at the back.

7 hours ago, FFSJohn said:

A very good striker has been signed up. Don’t know who or when it will be announced but it’s sorted. 

THIS IS ALL I KNOW. DON’T SHOOT ME.

>A very good striker. 

>Don't know who. 

:interehjrling:

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

No need for a centre half or a striker, we need stendel back. Failing that, Lafferty would be a good window.

bobby bombscare
7 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

No need for a centre half or a striker, we need stendel back. Failing that, Lafferty would be a good window.

BRING BACK CLEVID DIKAMONA!! 

the Jambo soldier must return.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
2 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

BRING BACK CLEVID DIKAMONA!! 

the Jambo soldier must return.

Reckon Goncalves could still do a job though! Not long ago he was best defender in MLS and defo not a snake or rat.

27 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

So we have someone coming in? If not hes here till summer 

8 hours ago, FFSJohn said:

A very good striker has been signed up. Don’t know who or when it will be announced but it’s sorted. 

THIS IS ALL I KNOW. DON’T SHOOT ME.

In excellent shape.

Vintage 1909-22 Ludwig Bass Drum Pedal w/ Cymbal Striker ...

bobby bombscare

In all honesty, if I was to hear that we’re not getting a new striker this window and that we’re using Henderson. I wouldn’t be too upset about that. 

Absolute Scenes
8 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Only thing I would say about that one would be to be cautious of consistency. I thought County signed him last summer, but they actually signed him two summers ago. I only recall him being decent this season (granted my watching of the top league dropped a lot as we weren’t in it) don’t really remember him from last season. He also turns 25 next season and seems to have only one properly good season at a decent level under his belt. Now, this season could be the result of him finally getting consistent game time and maybe he’s one who’s on the rise so would be a brilliant free transfer. But what if he’s just having an odd good season? We’ve had plenty of players on our books in the past that have fallen under that category.

I thought it was this season too 😂 didn’t realise this is his second. Given his age I wouldn’t say hw has peaked yet so with better players round him you never know. 

7 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Cammy Logan is the only name I can think of that wasn't in the squad

Isnt  he on loan at Edinburgh city?

41 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Barrie McKay extension has to be priority! He is technically streets ahead!! 

This is a must

or in six months we will be in another Souttar scenario 

don’t mess about Hearts get it sorted

our better players should never have less than 18 months on there contracts

if they don’t want to sign, we should consider selling 

1 hour ago, Mdoug79 said:

Barrie McKay extension has to be priority! He is technically streets ahead!! 

Would like to see that. When's his contract up ?

After watching last night's game I honestly feel we are a decent striker away from turning narrow wins and draws into convincing wins.

8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Funny you say that, I was thinking similar during the game last night.  Wee announcement before the weekend is my (and nothing but a) guess.

A CF or a CH though?!  I'd bet my kids (yep, you heard) it'll be a CF.  My kids!!

34 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Funny you say that, I was thinking similar during the game last night.  Wee announcement before the weekend is my (and nothing but a) guess.

A CF or a CH though?!  I'd bet my kids (yep, you heard) it'll be a CF.  My kids!!

Thought you said yesterday we don’t need to add any players? 

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Thought you said yesterday we don’t need to add any players? 

Need and want are two very different things.

Soiling your pants over something you want - and on a public forum of all places - is a bit silly, is all.

Thanks. 

I’m going to wager we’ll see nothing incoming this week. Unless some media reports come out today/tonight, I imagine nothing until next week. No basis for that other than general observation of window business.

I'd like to see us go for Livi's Bruce Anderson and Ross Co's Regan Charles-Cook. Players who's name seem to be on the scoresheet every other week.

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

I'd like to see us go for Livi's Bruce Anderson and Ross Co's Regan Charles-Cook. Players who's name seem to be on the scoresheet every other week.

Think Cook would be a very good addition. 

Just now, poultry said:

He has scored some absolute worldies this season and looks very good. 

1 minute ago, poultry said:

Always looks good, very strong and some of his goals have been excellent. 7 goals in 20 games from a Ross County midfield? No-brainer for me. 

Just now, OmiyaHearts said:

Always looks good, very strong and some of his goals have been excellent. 7 goals in 20 games from a Ross County midfield? No-brainer for me. 

Absolutely, no idea what his contract is but worth an enquiry. 

36 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Need and want are two very different things.

Soiling your pants over something you want - and on a public forum of all places - is a bit silly, is all.

Thanks. 

Can’t remember when you did it but condolences. 

10 minutes ago, poultry said:

Absolutely, no idea what his contract is but worth an enquiry. 

Out of contract in the summer

Edited by jamle1874

17 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Isn't that Obafemi at Swansea now? Were we in for him last summer?

Think you're thinking of Adebayo? Who ended up signing for Luton

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal