** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

And if he gets another injury, which I certainly don’t wish on him, it’ll be interesting to see if Rangers take care of him when he’s out or just cast him aside. I suspect it’ll be the latter.

The old Huns looked after Jonas Thern and Daniel Prodan ok. Will be interesting if the new Huns do the same.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Just now, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

The old Huns looked after Jonas Thern and Daniel Prodan ok. Will be interesting if the new Huns do the same.

Didn’t Katic have a bad injury and they just punted him out on loan? Will be interesting to see what they do with Jack and Helander.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Didn’t Katic have a bad injury and they just punted him out on loan? Will be interesting to see what they do with Jack and Helander.

No idea. Could hardly name you a Hun (or Tim) player nowadays. Not interested in them.

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

None hence we will be stuck on the latest major development until such times a positive news item establishes itself 

Precisely, this is a transfer thread specific to Hearts related transfers. I created the non-Hearts thread because far too many people were talking about Hibs signings etc, this thread is still being on topic discussing a Hearts player being transferred to another team. Also, no one seems to moan about contract extensions that have little to do with transfers. Saying that, I’ll be more than happy to discuss something else, but we need something to discuss before that can happen. Until then we discuss the latest transfer news related to Hearts, which is Souttar to Rangers unfortunately.

5 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Milos Degenek should make a good edition to Australian contingent 

Anything in this mate?

I see his contract has just ended and he is a free agent.

1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Jackie McNamara is a disgrace of a man. Souttar is by far and away the best player he has on his books so will have made sure he made a fortune out of this move.

To give you an idea of how this man conducts himself, he turned up at my 16 year old grandsons school to speak to him after being told to piss off from my son a few weeks beforehand. 

I would like to point out that he’s far from the worst agent out there though, these guys have no morals whatsoever.

That’s disgusting behaviour from him. Hopefully he does it to the wrong bairn and the parents give him a kick in. Is there not a regulator for agents?

Your posts generally seem informed - any word on the feeling within the club towards Souttar? 

Considering Robbie brought him here, he must be feeling let down?

Exile fae Main Street

What's the consensus on playing JS though? How representative is JKB of those attending Tynecastle? Many of us rarely get to attend games these days, and obviously not every fan is on JKB.

What will RN do? Surely he won't play him? Yet Steve Clarke played Jones,(Whatever happened to him?) so you never know.

1 minute ago, Exile fae Main Street said:

What's the consensus on playing JS though? How representative is JKB of those attending Tynecastle? Many of us rarely get to attend games these days, and obviously not every fan is on JKB.

What will RN do? Surely he won't play him? Yet Steve Clarke played Jones,(Whatever happened to him?) so you never know.

What we know is at home against the bottom side in the league we don’t need to play him, so will be interesting to see what Neilson does.

20 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Key word ; contract 

StevenNaismith
1 minute ago, OTT said:

That’s disgusting behaviour from him. Hopefully he does it to the wrong bairn and the parents give him a kick in. Is there not a regulator for agents?

Your posts generally seem informed - any word on the feeling within the club towards Souttar? 

Considering Robbie brought him here, he must be feeling let down?

Tbh I don’t know as I’ve not spoken to anyone since this was announced yesterday. The players and management won’t see it as that big a deal as it happens all the time. It’s part and parcel of football nowadays. There was a genuine feeling that he would go down south this month with Hearts getting an acceptable fee and a sell on clause. He’s went to the worst possible club in terms of what we may get if he goes this month, they will offer 100k tops in the final hour of the transfer window.

43 minutes ago, luckydug said:

That puzzled me. 

It's only a pre Contract agreement and at this point Souttar is still a Hearts player. 

Why are Hearts allowing another club to do a medical on our player without a fee being agreed. In advance. 

Surely the time for a medical is when he is actually signing him. 

Exactly what I thought

39 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I was hoping that we could move on to incoming transfers on this thread. 

There's a whole Souttar thread for people to vent their spleen on. 

What's the latest on new recruits? 

Well, that fell on deaf ears, Iain!

• Moderators

We now have three active topics on John Souttar including this one. Can members please keep their Souttar comments to the other two and leave this thread for other transfer discussion. 

Thanks

LarrysRightFoot

I hope we don’t completely ignore the Scottish market going forward as we have found gems in the past and I’m sure there are more to be found. Not that I know who they are/have any suggestions at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Tenor said:

Hahahaha. I can’t even begin to argue with someone so stupid :rofl:

As far as s I’m aware you shouldn’t be insulting people by calling them stupid. Imagine if I had some sort of disability or mental health issue. I don’t though so if calling someone stupid is another way to make yourself feel superior then crack on I suppose. 

Edited by GinRummy

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, JKBMod 3 said:

We now have three active topics on John Souttar including this one. Can members please keep their Souttar comments to the other two and leave this thread for other transfer discussion. 

Thanks

Totally agree 

5 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I hope we don’t completely ignore the Scottish market going forward as we have found gems in the past and I’m sure there are more to be found. Not that I know who they are/have any suggestions at this point. 

Who was the last Scottish based player we signed other than Ross Stewart or Craig Gordon. Halliday? You’re right though there haven’t been that many. 

SomethingAboutObua

Not enough being made of how excellent it is to get rid of Jordan Roberts, for me he is comfortably one of the worst attacking players of the 21st century for us.

Is Damour the last of the Levein crap signings that need moved on? Are Smith, Haring and Halkett the only decent survivors? 

1 minute ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Not enough being made of how excellent it is to get rid of Jordan Roberts, for me he is comfortably one of the worst attacking players of the 21st century for us.

Is Damour the last of the Levein crap signings that need moved on? Are Smith, Haring and Halkett the only decent survivors? 

Is Damour off the books in the summer. Think that was the agreement when he went on loan?

13 minutes ago, JKBMod 3 said:

Thanks

Interesting. I get people want to come here for the latest transfer info. But the latest info is that Souttar is being transferred to Rangers. I’d say the other threads should be merged into this one if anything. But fair enough.

SomethingAboutObua
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Is Damour off the books in the summer. Think that was the agreement when he went on loan?

2 years left to run but Hearts can and will release him with 1 year to go this summer. Apparently even with Le Mans' (tiny) contribution to his wages we're still paying him over 100k across this season. 

1 minute ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

2 years left to run but Hearts can and will release him with 1 year to go this summer. Apparently even with Le Mans' (tiny) contribution to his wages we're still paying him over 100k across this season. 

I recall that we renegotiated that as part of the loan deal. Transfer Market shows his contract expiring this summer. 

2 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Someone commented that the original deal that took him to Le Mans meant he was off our book this coming summer and that was reported at the time. Whether we paid him off at that point I don’t know. 

SomethingAboutObua
21 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I couldn't think of any players here that fit the early 20's and promising part of our transfer policy (of course not saying there's none). I thought we shouldve been in for the ex Inverness winger and Hibs have just sent him on loan to Killie. 

Just wondering if thats something we should be concerned about as a football nation, that there seems such a gap between players like your Nathan Pattersons and Kerr Smiths that EPL teams can comfortably gamble on and send them to decent reserve or lower league level, and there not really being the same equivalent here. Euan Henderson's time at Alloa is someone I wouldve said we should take a punt on, but having actually seen him play at this level for us, I can't see how we (or Hibs and Aberdeen with their players) as a team pushing for European can afford to give him the game time to actually get up to being a Premiership player. 

I've rambled a bit, my point is I agree with you but we're so tight with trying to get into Europe I can't think of any affordable, semi-established young Scots in the SPFL right now that we, Hibs or Aberdeen could afford the time to get up to Prem level with us. 

Jamboscanbevicius
28 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I couldn't think of any players here that fit the early 20's and promising part of our transfer policy (of course not saying there's none). I thought we shouldve been in for the ex Inverness winger and Hibs have just sent him on loan to Killie. 

Just wondering if thats something we should be concerned about as a football nation, that there seems such a gap between players like your Nathan Pattersons and Kerr Smiths that EPL teams can comfortably gamble on and send them to decent reserve or lower league level, and there not really being the same equivalent here. Euan Henderson's time at Alloa is someone I wouldve said we should take a punt on, but having actually seen him play at this level for us, I can't see how we (or Hibs and Aberdeen with their players) as a team pushing for European can afford to give him the game time to actually get up to being a Premiership player. 

I've rambled a bit, my point is I agree with you but we're so tight with trying to get into Europe I can't think of any affordable, semi-established young Scots in the SPFL right now that we, Hibs or Aberdeen could afford the time to get up to Prem level with us. 

Jamie McCart

Jamie Hamilton

Jamie McGrath (ok, he’s Irish)

… that’s just the Jamies!

I think there are quite a few. But I take your point to a degree. I prefer to see us sign 23-25 year olds (like we did with Halkett) as it’s often hard to give 17-21 year olds enough minutes to allow them to flourish, as the very best at that age go south quickly.

And the Souttar chat continues... gonnae take that crap to another thread ?  Maybe one with Souttar in the title  ? 

Has the Japanese striker arrived yet ? 

Any news on new CB ? 

Other striker business ? 

Gnando away yet ?

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Oops posted it in the wrong thread. Branthwaite not in the Everton squad today.

Everton getting beat by Norwich would suggest he could be back in for the next game ?

We could be done with a new signing just to distract us from the news on Thursday. Rats, I meant yesterday.

Anyway, any chat on possible new arrivals?

21 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Everton getting beat by Norwich would suggest he could be back in for the next game ?

Every chance. We'd have to move quick before a new manager wants to check him out.

We were certainly trying to convince Jarrad Branthwaite to join us on loan in the summer with a view to a permanent move but Ancelotti put a stop to it as he wanted him in the squad. 

I think it was Ancelotti that signed him for Everton iirc? Wonder if there's anything in it and he'd look to join us and thrive like Beni. He'd play every week here for sure.

Actually just realised Ancelotti isn't even at Everton anymore it's Benitez. Looks like he isn't fancied so there could be something in it.

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

Actually just realised Ancelotti isn't even at Everton anymore it's Benitez. Looks like he isn't fancied so there could be something in it.

Seems to have played one game this season, against Chelsea in December. There were a lot of covid outbreaks around that time. 

Good that we've got rid of Roberts and Walker off the wage bills, along wit a couple of the younger lads away on loan. Hopefully a few more players still to come in, with maybe 1 or 2 more still to get punted. 

Edited by Fraggle

48 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

And the Souttar chat continues... gonnae take that crap to another thread ?  Maybe one with Souttar in the title  ? 

Has the Japanese striker arrived yet ? 

Any news on new CB ? 

Other striker business ? 

Gnando away yet ?

Gnando has 4 offers from down south, I’d expect him to be gone once we have a striker ready to be announced. Won’t be moving many out without replacements need a decent size squad incase of covid issues etc 

2 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Good that we've got rid Roberts and Walker off the wage bills, along wit a couple of the younger lads away on loan. Hopefully a few more players still to come in, with maybe 1 or 2 more still to get punted. 

Getting shot of Gnando would be a masterstroke by Savage. 

5 minutes ago, bazman said:

the Japanese player has been announced as a contract extension for that team from a bad translation 

That's the norm. They do that for every player as they keep contract durations secret for some reason.

16 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Gnando has 4 offers from down south, I’d expect him to be gone once we have a striker ready to be announced. Won’t be moving many out without replacements need a decent size squad incase of covid issues etc 

Good news, hoping as you say we are waiting until we have a new face in before he leaves. Not entirely comfortable with the size of our squad now, especially due to covid concerns. Quite well stocked at the back even if Souttar leaves, but short on goalscoring options from middle to front. 

6 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I can see us waiting for free transfer strikers in February 

Really? Can’t be many contracts ending in January. Most of the British ones will run until summer I’m sure. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Really? Can’t be many contracts ending in January. Most of the British ones will run until summer I’m sure. 

Not I agree with him but a few players get released right at the end of the window. 

Just now, Dazo said:

Not I agree with him but a few players get released right at the end of the window. 

👍🏻 I just assumed the free transfer market would be better in the summer. Didn’t really think about many players being released at this time of year. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

👍🏻 I just assumed the free transfer market would be better in the summer. Didn’t really think about many players being released at this time of year. 

Undoubtedly better in the summer Gin and I don’t think we are hanging about waiting for free transfer. That may happen if we miss out on our targets or an unlikely target gets released. 

Just now, Dazo said:

Undoubtedly better in the summer Gin and I don’t think we are hanging about waiting for free transfer. That may happen if we miss out on our targets or an unlikely target gets released. 

Yeah. I think JiH was on the wind up. Like you say, if someone gets unexpectedly releases or we have a specific player in mind then maybe. Pretty doubtful I would think. 

30 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I can see us waiting for free transfer strikers in February 

Nope...

Those days are well over

New project and new aims 

Hopefully don’t wait for free transfers come February. Like with McKay, the player has to have had been pout of contract come the 31st January. Any player contracted after that point can’t be registered. 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Ginnelly needs to up his game in the second half of the season as he can make a huge impact for us.

still to see him at his best regularly.

assuming the big man goes who are our forward players -

GMS

Ginnelly

Woodburn

Mackay

Boyce

have I missed anyone ?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal