• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

16 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

If we get a nominal fee for Souttar it still frees up his wage. What's to lose by giving Defoe the remainder of the season? Doesn't stop the search for a longer term solution, whilst giving him an opportunity to impress someone to give him a last contract. 

He will be back to Sunderland where they’ll chuck 20 grand a week at him in the hope of finally getting out of league one

4 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I have the feeling we'll have a striker in soon

I get the feeling this is one that might drag on to the end of the transfer window...

3 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I was hoping to see us move to tie them up.

But i'm not sure there is much point trying to sign them now when they are on loan until the end of the season.

Unless they are out of contract in the summer and we could agree a pre-contract with them.

Even then, I'd rather see the club spend the next 6 months looking at Moore to see how he fills the Souttar shaped void before committing 

I think Cochrane is out of contract in the summer. Moore maybe has another season at Bristol. 

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Doubt much will happen at the weekend. Not sure if it was discussed but RN kinda suggested the other day that we’d be after one more player but would also replace anyone we lost. So I’m assuming with Walker and Ratsnakehun away and Gnando likely gone means we are now after 4 players. 

Going to be a busy couple of weeks. 

🤣... never, ever thought we'd be referring to Soapy this way. So disappointed with the way things have transpired. 

I wonder what those inside Tynecastle think of all this - I mean, I get the players will see this slightly differently as he's a team-mate and the like, but what about the likes of Lockie... and AB and AM? I would wager they're seething like the rest of us.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think Cochrane is out of contract in the summer. Moore maybe has another season at Bristol. 

I'd be happy for us to move on Cochrane, more proven in his time here, more established and out of contract.

Again, based on the contract situation, give Moore to the end of the season to see if he can really establish himself and prove to be the long term fix for the RCB role, before we pay cash for him.

We never know, he might spend the next 6 months playing second fiddle to Smith and Atkinson.

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣... never, ever thought we'd be referring to Soapy this way. So disappointed with the way things have transpired. 

I wonder what those inside Tynecastle think of all this - I mean, I get the players will see this slightly differently as he's a team-mate and the like, but what about the likes of Lockie... and AB and AM? I would wager they're seething like the rest of us.

Ratshakehun has a great ring to it though, I think that should stick for any future reference.

1 minute ago, davie1980 said:

I'd be happy for us to move on Cochrane, more proven in his time here, more established and out of contract.

Again, based on the contract situation, give Moore to the end of the season to see if he can really establish himself and prove to be the long term fix for the RCB role, before we pay cash for him.

We never know, he might spend the next 6 months playing second fiddle to Smith and Atkinson.

I’m undecided on Moore as well. Not that I don’t think he’s a good player but not played much at CB for us, so aye, wait and see.

1 hour ago, Tenor said:

I do support Hearts!

Honestly, you’re embarrassing yourself. “Better” by definition - Rangers have quite obviously had more success than us.

I hate Rangers. I wish Souttar wasn’t going there. But I won’t have a go at him for that. It’s a childish attitude.

Matey, FWIW, I agree with you and its embarrassing seeing the playground responses on here to a boy from Arbroath deciding what's best for him and his family & leaving Hearts. He does not 'owe' us anything, folk that trot that out live in some weird world it has to be said...I despise Tic & Sevco from a Hearts POV, but he isn't one of us, so we can't beat him with that stick...I was raging when Paul Ritchie done us over because he claimed to be one of us, and that isn't the mark of a real Jambo IMHO...but JS isn't one of us, end of! 

16 minutes ago, Ribble said:

He will be back to Sunderland where they’ll chuck 20 grand a week at him in the hope of finally getting out of league one

True,but we can hope eh!

2 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

Could this be the first ever case of a rat joining a sinking ship? 

They aren’t sinking. 

No matter how much we cross our fingers and hope, it’s not going to happen. 

Under the floodlight
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

They aren’t sinking. 

I'd like to look at their financials.

2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Any whispers from yerself 

Nope, hoping and waiting like everyone else. I do think it’s fairly obvious we will strengthen though. We have created space and once the Judas leaves we’ll have a better idea of budget. 

6 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Matey, FWIW, I agree with you and its embarrassing seeing the playground responses on here to a boy from Arbroath deciding what's best for him and his family & leaving Hearts. He does not 'owe' us anything, folk that trot that out live in some weird world it has to be said...I despise Tic & Sevco from a Hearts POV, but he isn't one of us, so we can't beat him with that stick...I was raging when Paul Ritchie done us over because he claimed to be one of us, and that isn't the mark of a real Jambo IMHO...but JS isn't one of us, end of! 

I’m not out to pick an argument bud but I can’t stand the “what’s best for his family” stuff that gets attributed to footballers year after year as if they are stuck for money or about to go destitute.

All this, “it’s a short career” blah blah blah like they’d never find a job again.

Once upon a time there wasn’t the swathes of money in the game. Fans didn’t have to “understand” it was a short career and they were out to make big bucks in a short space of time.  I’m not giving it the working class hero stuff, but people splash out their hard earned to watch their team which players can make in no time.  

There’s nothing wrong with expecting some respect back from players who’ve been well looked after. Unfortunately, the fickle side of football is disowning players you once liked. To me, it’s part of what gives the game its edge. 

5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Would like to see us continue to source players from the J league, K league and A league, there is real quality to be had there.

Epl under 23 market is a good one too, I feel like we have been poor recruiting in Europe though surely there is a beast of an Italian Centre Half in serie b or something that could replace the Rat and become and instant legend.

Bruno mk2? I'm hard at the thought.

LarrysRightFoot
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They aren’t sinking. 

They need a few more big sales, they’ve admitted it. 

7 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

If they continue to get champions league cash and transfer money like they just got and replace with quality like Souttar then they will unfortunely be fine. 

38 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I have the feeling we'll have a striker in soon

Agree Ive got this sneaky suspicion that we will see the Japanese lad Ogashiwa signed by the end of the window, it does seem like he was our top target, it's just a hunch tbf but something just says to me that it's not dead and buried.

Under the floodlight
12 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

If they continue to get champions league cash and transfer money like they just got and replace with quality like Souttar then they will unfortunely be fine. 

IF.

3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Makes sense until you realise you can't force players to sign a contract. 

Folk are being niave if they think a contract was never discussed earlier and Souttar wanted to wait and see his options. 

Hearts can't force players to extend, a point folk miss on here and no offer we have will have matched Rangers or a glut of offers from down south. 

And that well known trading principle also applies

You can't sell unless you have a buyer.

Maybe we should have an annual end of season auction to sell players who won't sign new contracts.

12 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Seeing people suggest Jermaine Defoe did he not break Craig Gordons arm deliberately when he was at Sunderland?

How did he reach so high?

Gordon and Defoe got on well I heard, they often talked about crosses and how to deal with them.

1 minute ago, Under the floodlight said:

IF.

Yes, If. Dangerous game they are playing but it seems to be working for them ATM. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

And that well known trading principle also applies

You can't sell unless you have a buyer.

Maybe we should have an annual end of season auction to sell players who won't sign new contracts.

Good point.

You need a buyer and a player who has signed a contract.

We had neither at the same time.

Nothing we can do about that.

lost in space

We cant afford to fail again - like we did in the summer - in signing a striker who can score and set up goals.

We have a very good defence and defensive midfield but apart from Boyce, we are poor up front.

We have scored goals but with Walker and Souttar leaving, it is imperative that we get 2 players in who can score.

Other teams MAY get stronger in the winter break - we really NEED to improve on signing forwards.

44 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Spill the beans 

There's never usually any announcements at the weekend, thing is if we're dealing with Japan the time difference might change things a bit. I'm not ITK, I just took the piss last window saying I was because so many posters were posting absolute shite claiming ITK.

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, lost in space said:

We cant afford to fail again - like we did in the summer - in signing a striker who can score and set up goals.

We have a very good defence and defensive midfield but apart from Boyce, we are poor up front.

We have scored goals but with Walker and Souttar leaving, it is imperative that we get 2 players in who can score.

Other teams MAY get stronger in the winter break - we really NEED to improve on signing forwards.

Hibs for sure have not improved. Panic buying at best. Would you prefer we work to get our main targets in, or just sign another Nando?

9 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Salvageable or terminally ruined?

I'd say salvageable currently - but only if he wants to. He's still only 22. Needs to move to a Premiership team next season, buck up his ideas as my old man would say, and absolutely knock his pan in to get back to that level otherwise he's done. His move to Rangers went to his head and he's been a bit of a Billy big baws, throwing money about on nights out, partying in Ibiza etc, which young players shouldn't be doing. Good mates with Rico Quitongo actually, who has done the same thing. He was at us a few years ago and is now playing non league I think! But aye they seem more interested in spending their summers in Ocean Beach club than on the training pitch... 

Edited by Batistuta87

3 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

The reason that Jake Hastie’s career has stalled is Jake Hastie himself. Terrible attitude, doesn’t look after himself off the pitch and is more interested in going out with his mates. Absolute waste of a great talent.

His girlfriend is mates with my daughter. Your post is accurate. 

40 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’m not out to pick an argument bud but I can’t stand the “what’s best for his family” stuff that gets attributed to footballers year after year as if they are stuck for money or about to go destitute.

All this, “it’s a short career” blah blah blah like they’d never find a job again.

Once upon a time there wasn’t the swathes of money in the game. Fans didn’t have to “understand” it was a short career and they were out to make big bucks in a short space of time.  I’m not giving it the working class hero stuff, but people splash out their hard earned to watch their team which players can make in no time.  

There’s nothing wrong with expecting some respect back from players who’ve been well looked after. Unfortunately, the fickle side of football is disowning players you once liked. To me, it’s part of what gives the game its edge. 

I'm talking about staying in Scotland buddy, re his family, not uprooting them to deepest darkest Yorkshire or similar, with the bonus of doubling/trebling + his wages...I truly find it baffling why anyone that has a reasonable mindset, functions in the real world day to day, would find issue with a professional footballer, who ISNT a Hearts fan, wasn't brought up in Edinburgh, has no links to Hearts other than being a paid employee of last 5-6 years, wishes to ply his trade elsewhere, on any level 🤔😕😬

I would have have felt differently 20 years ago, as a wet behind the ears 20 year old Hearts fanboy, who see's the world in black and white  which life rarely is....

I would also add I have never been his biggest fan also...as and out and out defender he is nowhere near the quality we have had over last 35 years I have watched us...better granted than 3/4 years ago, but his body is lightweight and he will continue to pick up both niggling and long term injuries IMHO...

Onwards and upwards me thinks for us in that position 👌

Soapy Sewer can scuttle off to scumbrox as soon as he wants as far as I'm concerned. 

Be absolutely fantastic if we have a better player lined up to parade whilst the currents are creaming themselves over taking him from us. 

jambo-in-furness
8 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Soapy Sewer can scuttle off to scumbrox as soon as he wants as far as I'm concerned. 

Be absolutely fantastic if we have a better player lined up to parade whilst the currants are creaming themselves over taking him from us. 

FTFY. Currants 

PhoenixHearts
20 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I'm talking about staying in Scotland buddy, re his family, not uprooting them to deepest darkest Yorkshire or similar, with the bonus of doubling/trebling + his wages...I truly find it baffling why anyone that has a reasonable mindset, functions in the real world day to day, would find issue with a professional footballer, who ISNT a Hearts fan, wasn't brought up in Edinburgh, has no links to Hearts other than being a paid employee of last 5-6 years, wishes to ply his trade elsewhere, on any level 🤔😕😬

I would have have felt differently 20 years ago, as a wet behind the ears 20 year old Hearts fanboy, who see's the world in black and white  which life rarely is....

I would also add I have never been his biggest fan also...as and out and out defender he is nowhere near the quality we have had over last 35 years I have watched us...better granted than 3/4 years ago, but his body is lightweight and he will continue to pick up both niggling and long term injuries IMHO...

Onwards and upwards me thinks for us in that position 👌

It has absolutely nothing to do with if he is a Hearts supporter or not. Nobody is pissed off because he wishes to ply his trade elsewhere or look after his family. It's entirely down to the manner of which he has conducted his business and left the club at a disadvantage!

We won't get a penny from a player we bought as a teenager and developed into a fully capped senior national team player.

Does that sit well with you?

Why do the people defending him keep missing out the part where he's leaving the club for NOTHING?

That's kind of the whole sticking point we're raging about! 

1 hour ago, Under the floodlight said:

Are you qualified?

Anyway, their financials will show they sold some kid for £millions, for starters. 

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

They need a few more big sales, they’ve admitted it. 

Well they’ve sold one kid for millions, probably got a decent wedge for Gerrard and still have a couple of other assets who they can flog. 

Plus Champions League cash coming as well. 

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

It has absolutely nothing to do with if he is a Hearts supporter or not. Nobody is pissed off because he wishes to ply his trade elsewhere or look after his family. It's entirely down to the manner of which he has conducted his business and left the club at a disadvantage!

We won't get a penny from a player we bought as a teenager and developed into a fully capped senior national team player.

Does that sit well with you?

Why do the people defending him keep missing out the part where he's leaving the club for NOTHING?

That's kind of the whole sticking point we're raging about! 

So when we plunder other players in similar circumstances from clubs, which we have done over the years, who those clubs have 'developed' that player, if I have this right, you are enraged with anger at how we have taken advantage of the circumstances to better ourselves, yeah🤔???

I don't think so....

It's life, its football....its only a narrative you are pushing and others that he has screwed us over....no he hasn't, bizarre and limited attitude to take IMHO...he wants to work somewhere else, on more money, that he feels is better for him....its a job!!!!!!

Folk are really immature, these threads show them to be lacking capacity to be honest...

🙄🤪

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

How many’s left in January?

Hopefully means 3 or 4 coming in now.

Forward in for Walker

Striker in for Gnando 

Centerhalf in for Souttar 

Atkinson in at RWB

Glamorgan Jambo

Disappointed on many levels with the Souttar move. Disappointed for us and disappointed for him (if he thinks he'll get a move to the EPL playing for Sevco he's in for a surprise)

As for the Jermain Defoe chat I'd rather bring Kyle Lafferty back. And I don't really want Lafferty back.

3 hours ago, Tenor said:

Care to make an incisive response instead?

You need to grow up.

You’re picking on the wrong dude here Pavarotti. If you see my posts on this forum I actually am one usually calling for more logic and nuance when it comes to analysis of our players and team. Often going against the grain.

But at the end of the day I’m a football fan. And with that means we can’t always be pragmatic. Can I see it from Souttar’s point of view, as in how you outlined it? Of course. But I’m not a John Souttar fan, I’m a Heart of Midlothian fan and as previously importantly stated, I’m a football fan. Souttar moving to Rangers, for absolutely nothing, after all the development and support we have given the player is only going to increase the disparity in Scottish football. It only highlights that the league is not a competition because our best players can just have money thrown at them to move away. Rangers are likely getting him to weaken us more than to strengthen themselves, as that’s what Rangers and Celtic do, they keep everyone else down to benefit themselves. And they have the financial resources to do it.

So no, this isn’t just about John Souttar, this is about the wider picture. Other leagues, like down south, prevent clubs from discussing pre-contracts if in the same country - as that can provide unfair advantage to one team over the other during the course of a league season. We don’t, and look where we are. Which teams benefit most from this system I ask you? Now, is that John Souttar’s fault? No. But is he aware of all of the above and chooses to move knowing all of this anyway? Then he’s part of the problem. I’m not going to accept “it is what it is” just like I don’t from people who benefit from big dodgy corporation jobs who sell their soul for money. £4-£5k a week is not exactly a poor man’s salary. At some point it just becomes about greed, rather than reward for talent.

Souttar doesn’t owe us loyalty, he’s looked after himself as your post suggests. Well, we don’t owe him anything either, so **** him and let’s not ever see him in a Hearts shirt ever again.

Incisive enough for you?

With the rules for foreign players changing and more Australian and Asian players on the radar, they don't seem to be as rigid and based on international appearances.

Could we look to South America also? I imagine there's loads of quality players that wont make the international cut but still improve us greatly.

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

You’re picking on the wrong dude here Pavarotti. If you see my posts on this forum I actually am one usually calling for more logic and nuance when it comes to analysis of our players and team. Often going against the grain.

But at the end of the day I’m a football fan. And with that means we can’t always be pragmatic. Can I see it from Souttar’s point of view, as in how you outlined it? Of course. But I’m not a John Souttar fan, I’m a Heart of Midlothian fan and as previously importantly stated, I’m a football fan. Souttar moving to Rangers, for absolutely nothing, after all the development and support we have given the player is only going to increase the disparity in Scottish football. It only highlights that the league is not a competition because our best players can just have money thrown at them to move away. Rangers are likely getting him to weaken us more than to strengthen themselves, as that’s what Rangers and Celtic do, they keep everyone else down to benefit themselves. And they have the financial resources to do it.

So no, this isn’t just about John Souttar, this is about the wider picture. Other leagues, like down south, prevent clubs from discussing pre-contracts if in the same country - as that can provide unfair advantage to one team over the other during the course of a league season. We don’t, and look where we are. Which teams benefit most from this system I ask you? Now, is that John Souttar’s fault? No. But is he aware of all of the above and chooses to move knowing all of this anyway? Then he’s part of the problem. I’m not going to accept “it is what it is” just like I don’t from people who benefit from big dodgy corporation jobs who sell their soul for money. £4-£5k a week is not exactly a poor man’s salary. At some point it just becomes about greed, rather than reward for talent.

Souttar doesn’t owe us loyalty, he’s looked after himself as your post suggests. Well, we don’t owe him anything either, so **** him and let’s not ever see him in a Hearts shirt ever again.

Incisive enough for you?

Well said. As has been stated on another thread... he could have kept his head down and signed for them in the summer when his contract finished... may even have got a better offer. Instead he's done this.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal