** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Just now, scott herbertson said:

Someone from abroad thinking about signing for us would just see us preventing o disadvantaging a player leaving for a higher salary at a higher rated club.

I hate the idea of any of our players going to the old firm (my hate of this goes back 54 years to when my boyhood hero Willie Wallace went to Celtic for a paltry £30k) so I totally understand the desire to prevent it.

But punishing players who try to do it is the wrong way to go about it in my opinion, and is just cutting our noses to spite our faces.

The problem with most of the players who have done this to us - Webster, Ritchie and now maybe Soutar is that they were near the end of their contracts. 

The answer to me lies in better earlier management of contract negotiations - not something we could really have done with Soutar but we seem to have achieved it with Kingsley and Halket 

So someone from abroad would look at the Souttar transfer, ignoring Hickey, Lafferty and many other guys who have moved on and take that transfer in isolation. I disagree. Players know these type of spats happen between clubs. Just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Just now, scott herbertson said:

Someone from abroad thinking about signing for us would just see us preventing o disadvantaging a player leaving for a higher salary at a higher rated club.

I hate the idea of any of our players going to the old firm (my hate of this goes back 54 years to when my boyhood hero Willie Wallace went to Celtic for a paltry £30k) so I totally understand the desire to prevent it.

But punishing players who try to do it is the wrong way to go about it in my opinion, and is just cutting our noses to spite our faces.

The problem with most of the players who have done this to us - Webster, Ritchie and now maybe Soutar is that they were near the end of their contracts. 

The answer to me lies in better earlier management of contract negotiations - not something we could really have done with Soutar but we seem to have achieved it with Kingsley and Halket 

I don't agree with the first bit at all, but the bit in bold is spot on. We've been naive here and its caught us. The contract offer should have been made at the tail end of last season. If he rejected it, then he should have been punted over the summer with time on his deal. 

The club MUST get better at managing the contract situation of its key players. Its entirely possible Gordon, Halket and Kingsley decided on money moves instead and ran their deals down too. I do have confidence in Savage as he actually seems to run a professional outfit (unlike Levein). 

3 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Yeah, possibly mate and I’m not downing the statement - I think it’s a good one from Hearts.

Im just saying the wording of it gives me the impression that’s how we found out and he didn’t confirm to us his intentions. Could be reading far too far into it though!

That’s definitely how it reads. Until I hear different that’s what I’m going to think. 

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Which part is incorrect?

The Wow was more at how utterly bitter you are. Personally I've no time to be bitter as life moves on, usually quite quickly. 

9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

I think having a proper RWB actually improves us by a greater margin

It means Smith can be used elsewhere if required.

18 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

If he’s had a medical, he would need Hearts permission to do so, which would mean a fee has been agreed. 

If he was to simply sign a PCA, I’d imagine this would be subject to a medical in the summer as a lot can happen between now and then, especially with him. 

That's what I was thinking as well. 

Otherwise they shouldn't be doing a medical to a Hearts player. 

If Hearts haven't cleared this they should complain to the SPFL. 

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, OTT said:

I don't agree with the first bit at all, but the bit in bold is spot on. We've been naive here and its caught us. The contract offer should have been made at the tail end of last season. If he rejected it, then he should have been punted over the summer with time on his deal. 

The club MUST get better at managing the contract situation of its key players. Its entirely possible Gordon, Halket and Kingsley decided on money moves instead and ran their deals down too. I do have confidence in Savage as he actually seems to run a professional outfit (unlike Levein). 

I get what you are saying - I guess the difficulty may have been he would have had little value last summer, even with a year to go -= big injury risk at the time and not playing as well as he is now.

But I do agree if we want to keep players we should be extending their contracts before 1 year before the end of their current one.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
34 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

My worry is that Rangers will offer us Itten instead of cash às part of the Souttar deal instead of cash or would that be good?

What you worried about? We just reject it.

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Souttar was injured last season. We were reported to have offered him a new deal early on in the season. You’re general point may be right but as far as Souttar is concerned I’m not sure the club could have done much more, other than Chuck money at him we didn’t want to pay.

joondalupjambo
30 minutes ago, Rudi cant fail said:

Not really as he has played for 2 clubs this season so wouldn’t be able to play for us 

Ok that answers that then.  Sorry this might have been discussed earlier but did not go that far back in thread.  Appreciate all the replies

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I dont think he will play again.. the vitriol will be huge and counterproductive to the result.

Agreed. He’ll get dogs abuse from a packed stadium on Tuesday if he plays. As you say, totally counterproductive. 

joondalupjambo
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What you worried about? We just reject it.

A bit of a luxury possibly.  That was all.  Good in games where we are on the front foot but in a lot of games we are not, especially away from home.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, OTT said:

The end of last season saw Souttar just coming back from injury. At that time, he hadn't proved fitness. Now, some would say he could have signed year extension to thank Hearts for covering him missing almost 2 years of his stay.

Instead, he threw the support he has received from Hearts into the gutter and laughed at supporters.

He has confirmed rat like status at Tynecastle, and should be left in no doubt as to what supporters think of him, should he ever play for first team again.

Morgaro Gomis

The catch-22 we now find ourselves in is that with the (correct) stance we have taken in confirming he is still a crucial part of the first team, is that if we end up not playing him due to poor performances, or pressure from the crowd, then Rangers will know it’s nonsense and will definitely only offer a pittance towards the end or the window. He really has ****ed us over and left us in a lose lose situation.

wouldn’t it be great if we split the old firm this season and rangers finish third (or lower) and he misses out on champions league football then the start of next season they go into admin 😂😂

18Jambo_dave74

Difficult position for us now.

We're clearly publicly stating his importance for the remainder of the season in an attempt to get as much money from Rangers now as possible. However there's no way he can be included in any match day squads from now on which kind of defeats our argument. 

We've done so well this season, we really don't need the distraction of having him anywhere near our games from now on. 

What happens if he gets another serious injury before the end of the season .hope hearts tell him to call NHS 24 and join the endless waiting list.

Fozzyonthefence
13 minutes ago, Homme said:

Popcorn time. 

Wonder if we will get a decent fee or if rangers will have to wait.

We get **** all.  It’s a pre contract.

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

The Wow was more at how utterly bitter you are. Personally I've no time to be bitter as life moves on, usually quite quickly. 

Football supporter being bitter shouldn't come as a shock. You applaud him if you want, but you'll be in minority.

Should be nowhere near the 1st team if he stays the rest of the season.  Fans will be on his back after a bad performance and he won't be focused 

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The end of last season saw Souttar just coming back from injury. At that time, he hadn't proved fitness. Now, some would say he could have signed year extension to thank Hearts for covering him missing almost 2 years of his stay.

Instead, he threw the support he has received from Hearts into the gutter and laughed at supporters.

He has confirmed rat like status at Tynecastle, and should be left in no doubt as to what supporters think of him, should he ever play for first team again.

He came back in and looked great, like he had never been away. If the club has been cautious and left it late then thats a serious error that has cost us 7 figures. 

Completely agree otherwise though, a snakey rat ***** that should never wear the jersey again. Couldn't wish him any worse luck. Time for Moore to step up as our new RCB and let Souttar train by himself for the next 6 months. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

The catch-22 we now find ourselves in is that with the (correct) stance we have taken in confirming he is still a crucial part of the first team, is that if we end up not playing him due to poor performances, or pressure from the crowd, then Rangers will know it’s nonsense and will definitely only offer a pittance towards the end or the window. He really has ****ed us over and left us in a lose lose situation.

Yep, he has played game exactly as Rangers would have wanted and exactly the opposite of what Hearts would have hoped for.

Snaky ******* has screwed us over.

Is he actually that good?  Or are we always just feeling sorry for him after bad injuries. 
in my opinion he’s easily replaces. 
Bye rat. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

He came back in and looked great, like he had never been away. If the club has been cautious and left it late then thats a serious error that has cost us 7 figures. 

Completely agree otherwise though, a snakey rat ***** that should never wear the jersey again. Couldn't wish him any worse luck. Time for Moore to step up as our new RCB and let Souttar train by himself for the next 6 months. 

Play him for first, or last, 10 seconds of cup tie. 

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Should be nowhere near the 1st team if he stays the rest of the season.  Fans will be on his back after a bad performance and he won't be focused 

We have to pay his wages regardless so might as well play him unless it becomes obvious his mind is elsewhere and it affects his performances.  He also has World Cup qualifiers in March to focus on so it’s in his interests that  he plays well.  If he doesn’t, **** him and get him binned but if he carries on playing well then there’s no point being petty and cutting our nose to spite our face. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Football supporter being bitter shouldn't come as a shock. You applaud him if you want, but you'll be in minority.

Wow your on some spiral. Applaud him? Where did I say that?? Please do point this out to me 🤦‍♂️😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Let him rot. Any offer from the tax dodgers will be a derisory one at best.  

I agree but rangers probably won’t be bothered. Goldson said he’s off at the end of the season so that’s likely why they are buying him. 

5 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Let him rot. Any offer from the tax dodgers will be a derisory one at best.  

We’re trying to get the best out of a bad situation here mate. A situation we helped to create.

Letting him rot doesn’t benefit us. In fact we lose because we’ve paid his wages and got nothing back. Not for the first time with this particular player

Taking whatever fee we can get benefits us

Playing him after the window closes POTENTIALLY benefits us but could backfire

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, ecky92 said:

Is he actually that good?  Or are we always just feeling sorry for him after bad injuries. 
in my opinion he’s easily replaces. 
Bye rat. 

He’s a good player but I think his ability on the ball can blind folk to the fact that he’s got a mistake in him most games and isn’t the greatest cb when it comes to actual defending. 

2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Start him and immediately sub him. 

Glorious shit housery for the rodent. 

11 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Don't get bitter get even. 

The price for JS early release should go up to a million. 

We are not a nursery team for The Rangers. 

If they don't stump up they get an unfit out of match practice player. 

I don't see how we can play him on Tuesday if he's committed himself to the Huns. 

It could get really embarrassing with the crowd reaction. 

We don't need the distraction. 

Carl Fredrickson

I would play him until the close of the transfer window. Get him cup tied and if the club formerly known as Rangers dont provide a decent fee before the window closes, drop him from first team duties. Get a coach to take him down Gullane to go up and down the sand dunes each day until the end of season. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, JimmyCant said:

We’re trying to get the best out of a bad situation here mate. A situation we helped to create.

Letting him rot doesn’t benefit us. In fact we lose because we’ve paid his wages and got nothing back. Not for the first time with this particular player

Playing him after the window closes POTENTIALLY benefits us

He wouldn't be committed to Hearts, is more likely to pull out of challenges and when we play Rangers, has an interest in seeing us lose, so if they don't bid by end of transfer window, I would let him rot in stand and train on his own. I would require him to attend training every day though, but wouldn't support his actual training.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What good would they do?  He’s signed a pre contract so he won’t play for Rangers until next season.  That would only cup tie him for this season.  Unless you think the Huns are going to try a cheeky £100k bid on last day of transfer window?  Not sure he’d want to go to Rangers right now, probably won’t get a game but needs to be playing to feature for Scotland.

It’s getting sickening how we keep getting **** all or sweeties for our best or promising players.  I include Hickey in that even though it was a 7 figure fee (just compare to what Nathan Paterson went for with far less experience than Hickey).

Decent player, the club looked after him very well but I can understand why players move on to one of the uglies 🏆 💰.  I'm looking forward to booing his name when the team is announced although I will not boo him during the game, maybe.

gorgie al 1960

enough about souttar now - that ship has sailed - let's concentrate on what we can achieve with guys that want to play for us - this club is bigger than any player -we're bigger than any player FTH

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Playing him after the window closes POTENTIALLY benefits us but could backfire

A fair point mate. Think many of us are feeling like we've just been booted in the baws at the moment.

Just now, luckydug said:

Don't get bitter get even. 

The price for JS early release should go up to a million. 

We are not a nursery team for The Rangers. 

If they don't stump up they get an unfit out of match practice player. 

I don't see how we can play him on Tuesday if he's committed himself to the Huns. 

It could get really embarrassing with the crowd reaction. 

We don't need the distraction. 

Yeah I agree. He's not going to be 100% committed if he doesn't get the desired move this month and the abuse he'll unfortunately suffer for the next 6 months would be a massive distraction. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He wouldn't be committed to Hearts, is more likely to pull out of challenges and when we play Rangers, has an interest in seeing us lose, so if they don't bid by end of transfer window, I would let him rot in stand and train on his own. I would require him to attend training every day though, but wouldn't support his actual training.

To be fair, although I’d carry on playing him I think I’d be resting him against Rangers!  

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Wrong club mate they died in 2012

👏👏👏

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, jambogemz said:

Yeah I agree. He's not going to be 100% committed if he doesn't get the desired move this month and the abuse he'll unfortunately suffer for the next 6 months would be a massive distraction. 

Abuse he has brought about himself by his snake like actions. Another way he has shown piss attitude towards Hearts.

More interested in sucking up to the knuckle dragging reptiles that support the new club at Ibrox, than repaying support given to him by Hearts supporters.

A ***** of a man, well suited to the ***** of a club he's signed for.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic