** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

47 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You do realise that on loan doesn’t mean you just borrow them? It isn’t like phoning your brother in law and asking to borrow his hedge trimmmer for the weekend and you buy him a couple of cans as a thank you. You pay for loan players. 

Unless it's Michael Stewart :lol:

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Jamboscanbevicius

Who all is left now with a contract expiring this summer?

I’m thinking:
Souttar

Smith

Haring

Halliday

Gnando

Roberts

Also maybe:

Walker

Brandon

3 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Who all is left now with a contract expiring this summer?

I’m thinking:
Souttar

Smith

Haring

Halliday

Gnando

Roberts

Also maybe:

Walker

Brandon

Halliday Gnando Roberts hopefully away as we as a team deserve better, would rather blood young team not

all together obviously. 

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Apologies. Yeah think it was around December that year. Was gutted. 

anyway, any actual transfer news?

No probs, it was gutting when he left but we got a decent fee at the time. 

Not much transfer news unfortunately, apologies for derailing the thread again 🤬🤪🤦🏽.

4 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Smith would be very useful to keep around if he is happy to become the versatile veteran utility man.

Haring more than a squad player. I dont know the stats off the top of my head but simply put this season we tend to win more when he plays, and we drop points more when he doesnt.

A lot is made of the Devlin and Beni partnership but I believe they've only actually won one game together and drawn a lot more.

I want all 3 to play. It's vital we find a way for this to happen.

I agree mate as I said somewhere else we need 3 first choice CM even if we play 2 as they will get injured and suspended. 

6 hours ago, luckydug said:

Bottom six without CG. 

The rest of our team is poor. 

Robbie actually spoke about this and the reason why.

CG is such a good keeper that we can play a bit more open, be more aggressive, press forward more. If we had a shite keeper we'd probably play more conservatively. 

On 12/01/2022 at 00:11, Aussie Jambo said:

Gordon Atkinson Halkett & Kingsley (If confirmed.)

Ohhh yehhh.

It's now Friday and that 👆 is still stuck in my head as an 'earworm'.

Thanks! 😄🙉🙉🙉😆

7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Bottom six without CG. 

👆 Seriously?

Clearly not as poor as some of our (alleged) supporters.

Have a wee look in the mirror. 👍

Edited by Wee Mikey

28 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It's now Friday and that 👆 is still stuck in my head as an 'earworm'.

Thanks! 😄🙉🙉🙉😆

I’ve not even clicked on the link and it’s birrlin round ma heed! 😂😂😂

Just now, jamboozy said:

I’ve not even clicked on the link and it’s birrlin round ma heed! 😂😂😂

Don't!!!!

It's more infectious than Covid.

The Grim Reaper
42 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Robbie actually spoke about this and the reason why.

CG is such a good keeper that we can play a bit more open, be more aggressive, press forward more. If we had a shite keeper we'd probably play more conservatively. 

😂 What a load of shite. 

16 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Donald Ford should be in the list as well.

On mine too. A true Hearts legend. Even played for no wages in his early years (amateur forms).

Tranmere have signed Kane Hemmings.... that could be the end of the Gnando whispers.. 🤨

5 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Tranmere have signed Kane Hemmings.... that could be the end of the Gnando whispers.. 🤨

Well that my morning ruined

1 minute ago, CAR said:

Well that my morning ruined

Except it leaves Salford still looking

24 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

I don’t doubt you. 

So he’s just talking shite then? Saying he’d play more defensive if we had a goalie that wasn’t at Gordon’s level? 

The Grim Reaper
18 minutes ago, karipidis said:

So he’s just talking shite then? Saying he’d play more defensive if we had a goalie that wasn’t at Gordon’s level? 

Yeah, don’t worry about defending properly. Craigs weekly wonder saves will save us. 

IF Shankland is wanting a return to Scotland I think he might be in for disappointment. Didn’t the Belgian club pay £1m for him? Very hard to see them writing off a significant amount of that already and Scottish clubs aren’t likely to pay more than £500k and even then I’d limit that to Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen, even then a huge risk for those clubs. 

Can see an English club taking a punt, home might simply be familiar language. 

11 minutes ago, OTT said:

IF Shankland is wanting a return to Scotland I think he might be in for disappointment. Didn’t the Belgian club pay £1m for him? Very hard to see them writing off a significant amount of that already and Scottish clubs aren’t likely to pay more than £500k and even then I’d limit that to Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen, even then a huge risk for those clubs. 

Won't be this season as already played for 2 clubs. Summer move if it going to happen anywhere.  

8 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Motherwell will happily take him on loan again until the end of the season, that way we are still paying some of his wages. They will know we will accept a loan deal as it means we are recouping some of his salary and the fact he isn't going to play for us. To release him fully now, we would need to give him some sort of compensation package.

What car does he have? He would have earned decent cash at Ipswich before coming to us.

Yeah pretty sure that will be the case. 

Saw him at Arthur's Seat one day not long after he signed in what I think was a brand new Audi RS7. They can be upwards of £100k when new, a mid ranger will be around £75k.

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah pretty sure that will be the case. 

Saw him at Arthur's Seat one day not long after he signed in what I think was a brand new Audi RS7. They can be upwards of £100k when new, a mid ranger will be around £75k.

Probably rented?

A_A wehatethehibs
7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Bottom six without CG. 

Don’t talk shite. Every team has their best players.

Just so happened our best player is a top class goalkeeper who would have absolutely no problem slotting in to the starting 11 at Juventus or Man United. 

Go through every team, every team has their difference makers

To suggest our outfield players are “poor” is a complete joke. We’ve got the 3rd highest goals scored in the league. 5 more goals scored than Hibs and 4 more goals scored than Aberdeen / Well. 

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Imagine signing a keeper to keep Shots out.

Would folk be saying the same if we had a 30+ goals a season striker?

Such a weird stance to make because it's a goalie preventing goals.

Vlad the impaler

I wouldn’t be against making an offer to Jamie McLaren at Melbourne. At them he seemed a penalty box striker and he’s clearly a goalscorer

Absolute Scenes
13 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

I wouldn’t be against making an offer to Jamie McLaren at Melbourne. At them he seemed a penalty box striker and he’s clearly a goalscorer

would get right under the Hobos skin too, so i'm all for it

edit: 1.5 million and contract has 2 years, dont think so...

Edited by Absolute Scenes

12 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

We could of had him before Hibs I believe. His Dad played for Hearts and he wanted to come to us.

Seems to have found good form at Melbourne. 

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Sheff United have a deal with the team in Belgium I'm sure. He will end up on loan their. 

I do wonder if we are looking at getting Cochrane on a pre contract in the Summer ? He has been a very consistent player for us too, would be delighted if we could get him on a permanent too, that would pretty much mean only 1 change in our defense now, with he who shall not be named going to iBrokes very shortly, continuanty breeds a winning mentality imo if we could just find a gem of a RCH then we could potentially end this window even stronger than we started it.

26 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Top scorer in the A League last season, and regular starter for the Socceroos.

The Old Tolbooth
14 minutes ago, I.T.K said:

We could of had him before Hibs I believe. His Dad played for Hearts and he wanted to come to us.

Seems to have found good form at Melbourne. 

Despite the Dingles over the road claiming that they beat us to his signature, we signed Naisy instead of McLaren and turned him down, which was the better option by far at that point, he only chose that lot because we didn't want him. 

jamboinglasgow

how amazing would it be if we suddenly announced a new signing out of the blue today? Sadly I think that is unlikely as there is normally some chatter in the hours before its announced.

Takeshi kovac

Some cracking business done as far in this window. We were crying out for a RWB and by all accounts we seemed to have signed a very promising one. Around Christmas it looked possible to lose CG and all our CB’s , now all but one have signed back on. Hopefully big Pete is next and add a decent striker to that and I will be very satisfied with the window especially if Robert’s and Gnando are shifted out the door. Only down side for me is Walker going out on loan as he does have goals in him especially as an impact sub but understand he wants to be playing regularly 

HillmanHearts
16 minutes ago, Takeshi kovac said:

Some cracking business done as far in this window. We were crying out for a RWB and by all accounts we seemed to have signed a very promising one. Around Christmas it looked possible to lose CG and all our CB’s , now all but one have signed back on. Hopefully big Pete is next and add a decent striker to that and I will be very satisfied with the window especially if Robert’s and Gnando are shifted out the door. Only down side for me is Walker going out on loan as he does have goals in him especially as an impact sub but understand he wants to be playing regularly 

Yeah, Agree with all that.

Really need a striker to push on tho.

Difficult window to get in a quality striker who’s available as numerous clubs are chasing that extra edge for one reason or another.

Savage will be doing his utmost to make it happen.

He won’t want to leave until the last minute and then lose out as seemed to happen last window.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic